Siteler Mahallesi, Kenan Evren Bulvari No:27, Marmaris, 48700, Turkey
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Emre Beach

poor food and no intertainment

by TripAdvisor Member emilycourt

we went to the emre beach hotel on arrival we were told we were in the emre hotel accross the very busy road.the food was disgusting we ate at the cafe next door.there was no intertainment the whole 2 weeks the only music came from the hotel next door.the waiters were ok but the managers were arrogant and miserable.you were only allowed 2 drinks at a time from the bar which meant a family of 3 2 had to go up at a time.this hotel is not suitable for teenagers as there is nothing for them to do in the evenning

Think before you book

by TripAdvisor Member BarbiestokeonTrent

I have just returned from the Emre Beach Hotel, and have agreed with many other guests this year, that the Hotel has been refurbished and is well equiped with flat screen tv's and comfortable beds and nice soft furnishings in all the rooms, but this hotel needs to decide what type of guests it really wants (Eastern Block/Russian singles) or families, as the two did not mix whilst I was there. One or two unsavory things did happen whilst we were there. The Brits were certainly out numbered by the Eastern Block and Russian guests who took over almost all the bar area's and the main reception to watch a game of football and the noise was deafening. As our departure flight was in the early hours of the morning and we had to vacate our room by 12 noon it was a very long time to sit around the hotel with all the rules and regulations that the staff seem to invent at will. I asked if we could keep our room on until 6pm as my husband and I are pensioners and like a rest in the late afternoon, we asked on the Sunday ( we were leaving the following Wednesday at 10.15pm) and they asked us to keep asking each day but reception thought it would be ok. On the Wednesday morning I went down to reception to confirm that I could keep the room at an extra 60 TL (£30) but was told no I could not as they had early check in's. As we sat in the reception area, there was only 3 check in's up until 6pm.

Later that day a very kind Brit said that we may use his room to shower and freshen up and upton returning back to reception in the lift met a young couple leaving at 8pm who were just checking out. I asked how come they managed to keep their room and to my suprise they told me they had asked that morning and were told yes they could keep it until 6pm if they paid the charge of 60TL.

My husband and I found that the table linen was not changed and was reset with cutlery immediately after someone had left it. They seemed to have a problem just picking up the cover cloth and shaking of the remains of the previous peoples meal. This I found disgusting. I did report this to the Guest Relations Manager (Mia) and she did promise to sort it out and she did agree that this should be done before the table was reset. I am sad to report that this did not happen during our stay.

My advice would be the check the reviews and make up your own mind before you book our 12 days was far to long and my husband and I were glad to come home.

Fantastic hotel, with great staff!!!

by TripAdvisor Member viksta1London

Myself and my family got back from the Emre Beach Hotel this morning and had a fantastic holiday! I really cant believe that people can find things to moan about it!

We had a slight problem when first arriving, there was no baby cot in the room, when they eventually brought one to the room, it was appalling and we did not sleep our son in it, however the next day when I spoke to the Thomas Cook rep, she spoke to the management team for us. It came about this was the only cot left in the hotel!! However they went out and bought a brand new cot, better than my travel cot at home, so problem solved!!

After that the holdiay was brilliant! We personally found the waiters to be very friendly, especially with the children, they give them lots of attention, especially Saban, he was great!! And yes they may be slow to clean the table, but there are hundreds of guests and only about 6 or 8 waiters working, and believe me they work very, very hard and are working 12 hour shifts! If you got their attention then they would be over clearing the tables straight away! I also found the mangament and chefs all friendly. No their second language is not English, but we seem to forget we are not the most important people on the planet!! If you are friendly with them, then they will be friendly back!

Yes the food is lots of variations of the same stuff, but it is delicious, there are four hot dishes served at lunch and dinner, salad, loads of pasta, coleslaw, etc, and they have a chef cooking outside each evening, tends to be a chicken dish but this can be roast chicken, chicken kebabs, burgers, bbq chicken etc. He is also out there in the mornings cooking omellets, fried eggs or pancakes, these rotate on a daily basis. No they dont have bacon or sausages but its a muslim country. The best bit was the turkish bread/pizza they have a chef cooking this contstantly and it is really, really yummy and very addictive!! My husband is a very fussy eater and he had no problems finding something to eat!

I can also say the managment act on problems extrememly quickly, my son fell over by the pool as it was very slippery and a couple of other children on this particular day did too, however the next day they had gone out and bought non slip mats to go around the outside, the manager even came out to tell us he'd seen the accident happen and was very apologetic. A freind also noticed very sharp bit at the edge of the pool and sure enough the next day the handy man had fixed it!! They even replace the very slow grill for the toast in the mornings for a brand new toaster a couple of days before we left!!

The rooms and hotel were all lovely too. We were in the Beach hotel but spoke to some people from the Emre hotel from accross the road and didnt hear any complaints.

When we checked out we did not have to give our bands back and stayed for lunch and snack and were drinking the drinks whilst waiting for the coach so not sure why one reviewer said they had to give theirs in? Some people have also said you can only get one drink at a time but this must have changed as we could get two each, yeah its a bit of a pain if you are in a group, but they dont limit the amount of times you go up and get drinks so its not that much of a problem.

I didnt find the young Russians a problem one bit, and so what if they have a drink and get a bit noisy, they are on holiday enjoying them selves!! You can sit by the pool in the evenings for a drink as well as the bar so that is a bit quieter. It is a shame there is no entertainment but the bar next door is very loud so would probably drown it out anyway!! (this does not disturb you in your rooms though!)

There is just a personal thing i would have like a 24 hour coffee machine in the reception area as the one in the bar is covered up at 12 midnight, but hey if enough people make a comment about this then knowing the managment act so qucikly they'll probably be one there in a couple of weeks!!

I could write so much more about the place, because i honestly loved every minute of it!! Over all a fabulous holiday, one of the most friendly hotels we have stayed in, we met some great people to spend our time with and i would definatley recommend it! I am even considering going back again next year!! I probably wouldn't give it 10 out of 10 as there are a couple of things they could do better but i would def give it a good 8 out of 10!

If you're laid back and want a relaxing holiday then i think you'll have a fab time here!!!

Nice Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member larrylamb58

We booked this hotel late but did not regret it. Check in was smooth. The hotel is completely new (re done in 2008 i think). Room was great over looking one of the pools. Unfortunately one of the pools ended up in the shade just after dinner but in the extreme heat this isn't much of a problem. Drinks around the pool were self serve cordial drinks. If you wanted fizzy drinks or alochol you went to the beach bar but only 2 drinks per person. A bit annoying as there was 3 of us, so 2 people had to go if we all wanted a drink. The food was good with plenty of choice. The only thing they could have done was a kids menu. We had a great holiday and would deffinately return.

wonderful holiday

by TripAdvisor Member turkeychester

myself and my daughter of 15 went to the emre beach, just returned last night, i could not fault the place,rooms were lovely, we had a sea view , variety of food was really good, i would say this hotel is not for young children as no entertainment for them or kids club, but this is one of the reasons we went as we did not want to be around alot of young children,ok so no entertainment at night we knew that before we went, still had a relaxing and fantastic time, the staff work really hard and are very friendly, yes there was a mixture of nationalities did not bother us, one thing i noticed though alot of people have forgotton there manners even the english as no please and thankyous.i would say the bar staff and restuarant staff were very friendly to us. we did the deep sea boat ride with bottom glass, well that was really good fun as the boat was so fast, also lazy boat ride which was loveyl and relaxing, went to talk of the town of the town which is a drag act very good worth the money, we will be going back definately, cant understand why people do moan, its a lovely hotel in a beautiful spot, give it a try and just relax

A** Excelllent holiday.

by TripAdvisor Member Doyley156

So first:

Our welcome to this hotel was amazing, they showed us to our room showed us how to work everything.
The staff were amazingly friendly, they all worked so hard. The food was really nice, only thing i would say is the beans at breakfast time were slightly hard but thats not something i'd complain about you can still eat them.

There is NO entertainment we knew this before booking, and wasnt a problem. If you wanted entertainment you could walk out the hotel, the exit to the beach, take a left and keep walking for around 15mins, then theres alot of beach clubs and fun pubs and stuff. There is one on next door to the right called Three brothers, always had stuff going on.

The beach was nice and calm, with little jetty's going out that you walk down into the sea, which is really good. But i would wear flip flops or crocs or something, as the bottom of the sea is pebbly, and the sand is abit too, so hurts your feet!

All the drinks in the hotel are good, Yeni raki, Vodka, lemonade, coke, fanta, tonic, soda water, are al under your all inclusive. Then you've got your juices by the pool, and coffee machine on the side of the bar which is your all inclusive. All the bar staff are so funny, and kind. But please use manners as alot of people werent and we found it rude.
Even the English.

The maids always cleaned your hotel room everyday, fresh bed linnen and towels. We had really nice bed art one or two days!

They had two swimming pools, Free wifi (So this means you need to take like your laptop etc.)

Overall, i'd certainly stay at this hotel again.
Don't have any doubts about this hotel, people just moan for the sake of it!

They also have a spa downstairs, and you can use the swimming pool and sauna for free.
You won't regret it.

a great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member hayley2911

After reading all the reviews for this hotel i was a little concerned as to what to expect but i didnt need to be worried! When we arrived we were taken to our room, which was on the top floor with a beautiful sea view and a jaccuzi! All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The all inclusive was ok although i think there needs to be a bigger selection on food and you could tell some of it was re used the next day. Also the only spirits were vodka and gin, which isnt a very big choice compared to other ai i have been on! overall this hotel was nice and air con and safe is free of charge which is excellent.

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jelleybabyc

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of the "school holidays" so it was just right, quiet but not dead. Please be aware that they have a 3 star sister hotel accross the road (there was a mix up but it was quickly sorted by Thomas Cook in the UK and all was sorted) so make sure you know which one you're booking into. I would recommend the Emre Beach (4 star).

Hotel: -
The Emre Beach (4 star) is absolutely lovely; its new, modern, clean, safe, tidy etc... The staff work very hard to to keep it that way. The pool is freezing but just what you need compared to the heat!!

The food was lovely (the deserts were especially lovely); lots of choice but it could be a bit hotter in temperature. Food was served pretty much throughout the day, which was good; breakfast 7.30-10.00, lunch 12.30-2pm, snack 3-4pm, ckaes 5-6pm, dinner 7.30-10pm. You get hot and cold drinks thorughout the day and you get wine,beer, vodka, gin and rum all included.

It is on the beach front with its own section of the beach with sun loungers and umberellas on the sand but the sea is actually pebbles and stones so I would advise bringing wet shoes! and keep moving as the fish will bite at your ankles otherwise.

There is no entertainment BUT every so often, a band was allowed to set up and play throughout dinner and anyway, the music from next door (all be it very loud) was enough whilst enjoying an evening drink (you can't hear it from your room thoguh, no worries there).

We thought the inside/downstairs sauna and swimming pool were included but the staff there were not very helpful as it seemed to be run separately from the hotel.

Free Wi-Fi, nice TV with decent channels, good air con and lovely decor!!

Location (Marmaris): -
- Its about 2 hours from the airport (be warned that it is very expensive to eat at the airport e.g. KFC fillet burger meal was 22 YTL which is about £9)
- excellent bus service around the town (1.50 YTL each way and will normally say the main hotels written on the window - I think its a green bus into town and a blue bus out of town)
- Harbour and castle (3 YTL entry fee) are nice (10 min bus ride)
- Apparantly "bar street" is good for nights out, but most places along the beach from looked fun
- Lots of shops, bars and restaurants (all wanting your business so some tolerance is needed. Also, be aware that most stuff IS FAKE and always haggle. The market is on Thursdays)
- The watersports was good to watch and have a go if you've got the money (e.g. 50 YTL or £20 for 15 mins of jet ski - no haggling there)

Weather: -
- Perfect - VERY HOT!!!!!!!!!

Great Hotel but could be even better!

by TripAdvisor Member RPHSwindon

Lovely hotel, clean, tidy, great location (if you are in the beach hotel!) the food was ok but did not vary that much throughout our ten days which was dissapointing. Some of the staff were friendly and polite but the majority seemed aloof and on another planet, definate need for communication skills education here. Also no tea/coffee facilities in the room, and I was stopped from taking coffee from the machine, to my room! The beach was lovely and we never had a problem getting a sunbed throughout our stay. Overall our stay was great and I would go back, but it would be perfect if they got the little 'niggles' sorted out!!

Comments