Mustafa Muglari cad. No 45, Marmaris, 48700, Turkey
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

Costs 130% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Marmaris

Castle viewsCastle views

Clean and nice beach in MarmarisClean and nice beach in Marmaris

Waiter at Spoon restaurantWaiter at Spoon restaurant

In the shopIn the shop

Christmas in Marmaris

by TraceyD

We will be in Marmaris for one day on a cruise (Christmas Day). Will there be anything to do - will there be anything open? Many thanks

by muratkorman

Most places will be open in Xmas time. Turkish only celebrate new year and the motto in Marmaris is "Business as usual". Most restaurants and cafes will be available, but it is low season and compared to high season less places will be available.

by leics

Turkey is a Muslim country. Christmas is a Christian festival. Marmaris is a tourist-oriented town.

In my experience, places abroad which are tourist-oriented tend to have at least some restaurants etc open on Christmas Day (even if it is low season), and this is obviously the case in Muslim countries.

by Sirvictor

Turkey is not a muslim country. Although 99.99 per cent of all Turks are muslims, Turkey is a democtaric, secular,social country. In Turkey everybody is free to celeprate all religious and national holidays. We Turks like to take part in this celepration of our friends if we are invited. Jesus Christus is also very important to us. But we consider him as massenger of Allah or God. Mother Mary is a sacret mother for us. For that reason we keep her home at Ephesus as a sacret place. Those who want to celeprate Xmass can celebrate freely in this country.

As moslems we dont celeprate Xmass but we celebrate Dec. 31st.
Marry Christmass and happy New Year

by leics

I'm sorry if my wording offended you. You have misunderstood its meaning.

If 99.9% of a population is of one religion then it is usual in 'English English' to refer to that country as being of that religion. It does not imply anything else.

by Sirvictor

You are well come leics. You didnt offended me.

by leics

I am pleased to hear it.

by cosycarol

Yes but this is Marmaris Leic! You certainly would not find Turks celebrating christian festivals in little off the track villages. I lived in Gocek for a few years and never did see a Christmas tree in a home there, or even a Christmas dinner choice in restaurant (we Brit girls just took the kitchen over of a quieter cafe and cooked our own Xmas feast as a group!). I know that the Turks are mostly trying to Europeanise themselves; and i did note some of the turkish kids see it as an excuse to get gifts like the UK ones do. (Oh dear, this is sad; commercialism is catching up with the younger generation in Turkey definitely.)

by leics

I think you have misunderstood my post.

I was suggesting that, Marmaris being tourist-oriented, I would expect there to be something available for visitors on 25th.

by Sirvictor

I havent been in Marmaris during Xmass. But I am sure many locals, hotels, pensions and restaurants will organize Xmass night for our visitors. Marry Christmass.

Travel Tips for Marmaris

Beach

by ania70pl

The beach isn't the best so if you like a lot of sand you should think about another place... for example Antalya's area has very nice beaches. Marmaris beach is narrow and crowdy. There are beds and umbrellas but they are very close one to another so no privacy at all ;-)

Delicious Turkish steakhouse

by NSutton1103 about Beefeaters Steakhouse

The service and food was superb! My husband had the filet steak (250 grams) which was served chargrilled with potato & veg. I had the Lamb shish on skewers with rice and veg. We each had 2 drinks and complimentary bread and Meze dips were served.

The bill came to £44 Turkish Lira which is like £20! The view of the Marina topped off this lovely evening! Highly recommend this place. All of the meats were chargrilled/barbequed and the presentation of the food was lovely with carved tomato roses and lemons carved into flowers as well.

Amos

by traveloturc

Theatre, temple and some statue pedestals of the antique settlement centre located on a hill at the northwest of Kumlubük Bay, close to Turunç can be seen. The city was surrounded by walls. The theatre is still in good condition. It is possible to recognize the seats, side walls and three rooms of the stage house.

Comments