Golden Moon

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 51% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Marmaris

En routeEn route

In Turkey you see Kemal Atatürk everywhereIn Turkey you see Kemal Atatürk everywhere

marmarismarmaris

Dancing on barDancing on bar

Question before my trip

by asfpunk

Hi there, I am new here. I am plannig a trip to Marmaris and some other cities in Turkey. I already found some very helpful hints on this page here and startet to plan my trip.
Now I am searching for information about some other sights, restaurants etc. ,which were not mentioned here yet.
Perhaps someone could tell me the adresses, if they are good or not and some things. I am not sure if I would miss something if I would not go there :-)
Thanks for your help in advance.
I am searching für information about:
-my marina english pub
- tilla restaurant
- pasaport pizza
- la campana restaurant
- downtown disco
- castle bar
- solaris shoppingcenter
- nestel marina shopping mall.

Re: Question before my trip

by ironduke1974

Take a look to marmaris guide sites.

Marmaris Tourism Center
İskele Meydanı (Ferry Jetty Square)
Marmaris, Muga
Turkey

Hours: Mon–Fri 8.30am–7pm; summer open Sat & Sun

Located right near the docks, the tourist center is sure to help you with all your needs. Unfortunately they do not appear to have a website. Three very comprehensive websites, albeit unofficial, however, MarmarisInfo (http://www.marmarisinfo.com/) ; AboutMarmaris(http://www.aboutmarmaris.com/) and MarmarisTown(http://www.marmaristown.com)

Have a nice trip

Travel Tips for Marmaris

A totally unique holiday

by whitecliff62

Marmaris has so many things to see and do so it's impossible to cram it all in one holiday but you only have to visit once and you will return year after year. My best tip is to take an organized boat trip, taking in the bays and coves of this stunning coastline. Also you can't go to marmaris without visiting the local turkish night. It's a great laugh when your pissed(LIKE I AM MOST OF THE TIME) Ha Ha Ha. Thers belly dancing which is perfect if you have fat guts like me and jugglers if you have jugs like my misses Ha Ha Ha with traditional dancing , and a buffet, Oh and as much wine as you can handle you can't go far wrong. Marmaris is also famous for its coverd bazaar selling anything you can think of, and the spice shops are amazing the smell is out of this world. Not a bit like me Ha Ha. My best memory of marmaris are the people themselves they will do anything for you. Well almost anything. Oh and one more thing. If you want you can trade your wife in for a cammel. i tried this but sex with a cammel is not nice (bad breath you know) Ha Ha Ha.

DALAMAN AIRPORT

by whitecliff62

The day we arrived at Dalaman airport its brand new terminal was opend for the first time, its far bigger than the old terminal with lots to keep you amused while you wait for your delayed flight home LOL

The bazaar

by sjvessey

OK, well unlike me you probably knew exactly what you were going to get when you came to Marmaris, and that was probably the reason you came here in the first place. So without further ado, let's just bite the bullet and go shopping.

Here we have part of the bazaar. Not very traditional, more a covered arcade. If fake designer bags and wallets are your thing, this is the place to come. Same goes for anything made of leather. Ardent shoppers could probably spend hours and hours here picking up all kinds of cheap tat. But if you aren't into shopping in a big way you'll soon get tired of it.

Comments