4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

More about Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace

grand yacini marmaris palace

by TripAdvisor Member woodyMidlands

date 26/06/07
This hotel is in a fantastic location, the entertainment, facilities and staff are wonderful and the cleanliness is excellent what is the problem then ? I did not know that certain human beings could be so rude, ignorant and piggish ! The food is not the best but if you are russian you pile your plates that high you cannot see over them all this is done by barging to the front of a normal orderly queue and the same for the all inclusive drinks. The 4* rating of this hotel is in question our guess woud be 3*. This part of turkey is really nice and therefore spoilt by the few. In future we will not being staying all inclusive because this is the second occasion this happened to us so be warned that is very perfect hotel has been spoilt.

All Inclusive Winter sunshine

by TripAdvisor Member wobbleshill

Stayed in Marmaris Palace for one week in November '07. The facilities
were fabulous and the kids loved the many pools and the beach with stunning views. The variety of food on offer was amazing and they served snacks throughout the day. I think I put on at least a stone. I would definately recommend this hotel for a Winter holiday but I personally wouldn't go in the Summer as in the heat I believe it would
be hard work getting about as the resort is so large and spread out. x

Not as expected!

by TripAdvisor Member glass-man-7

Arriving

After arriving at dalaman airport we found baggage reclaim was a long process. We exited the airport to get our booked taxi; which never turned up, so instead we got in a yellow cab; thedriver gave us a price of £55 and by the time we got to the hotel it had gone up to £65 which we paid. We found and advise for you to decide a price pay then get in the taxi instead of paying at the end of the journey as the price goes up very easily!

Hotel Marmaris Palace

After a smooth greeting from the reception staff the porter was asked to show us our room; instead he pointed down the pathway and said down there last building on the right room number 931. The rooms were set into 2 rooms a bedroom and bathroom. As a family of 4 we had a double bed, single bed and single camp bed that squeeked alot in the night and often woke you up. The onsweet bath shower was good if you let children in it alone then i would advise you keep an eye on them as the temperature varied and got extremely hot at times. Overall the room was kept clean and tidy.

Food and Drink

At first the food seemed fine with a good varietion of different foods to eat; but as the week went on it seemed to be extremely reppetative and got boring within a couple of days. The same food in the same places. The coffee was better from behind the pool bar and juice was sweet and often seemed watered down.

Activities

There were a mixture of activities for children and adults of all ages there was a sauna which included turkish baths and indoor bathing pool a hairdresser who done hair styling braiding and dying etc... flumes blue which went round in the wooded bit and a black that went underground be warned they are not joined properly so watch your feet as ther is a chance of spliting it like my daughter did. There was a mixture of water sports in the sea e.g bannana boat, donut, jet ski, speed boat, pedlos, canues and diving. Prices go from good to extreme so make sure you get a good deal.pedlos and canoes were free and everything else you had to pay for.Children need supervising at all times.

Health and Safety

There were a few accidents when we were there like people walking around with broken arms and legs there is an onsite doctor incase of any injuries. The ground is slippery and many people have slipped and hurt themselves badly. I would advise you kept an eye on your children if you take them.

Leaving

When we were ready to go we took our bags down to reception we were told to put them by the door so anyone could have gone through them because of this we had to keep our handluggage with us so we new our precouis valuables were safe. We had a taxi booked and were not expeting for him to have came as he didn't on the way but he turned up. we travelled to the airport and we got ther within 2 hours we enjoyed our stay but would have enjoyed it more if there wasn't as many accidents but it was a great experience.

Fab Hotel - Especially for kids

by TripAdvisor Member DancingQueen71

Just got back from a week All Inclusive. Booked last minute & at Easter seemed to be one of very few options remaining. However... was thrilled with the result.

Location - spot on inbetween Marmaris' lovely marina and market, and the more picturesque Icmeler. Both walkable, but getting the local Dolmus is quite good fun and cheap too.

Room - When booking we specifically asked for seaview & high floor. This got us into the 5th floor which is in the roof. However despite a challenging corridor for anyone over 6foot after a day of beers. The views were fab.. We were given room 450 which is on the end of the corridor, this was a spacious room, but with the smallest balcony. However 451 next door was perfect and the staff were eventually helpful when we asked to be moved.

Food - Good selection for a week's stay - plenty of salad, fruit, bread, all fresh. Reasonable changes to the hotplates. But some repetition could be too much for 2 weeks. Definitely worth trying the A la Carte for 5 Euros each. Nice atmosphere, and good service. As much as you can eat - but wine also on sale, served in the biggest glasses I've seen.

Staff - English reasonable by most, and all were helpful and smiling. Animation Team - Over enthusiastic for many, when you want a week to relax, but fantastic for kids - non-stop all day. So much to do, including a mini waterpark which was popular by all.

Risks - Lots of steps and wet marble - many people slipped and fell. Assorted head, leg and arm injuries became very evident and would obviously spoil the holidays for those involved. Would recommend being VERY careful as by the end of the week it was looking like the walking wounded.!

Internet Cafe - good & cheap - but lots of kids on myspace etc. and located in a 'cave' that echoed with the sound of the air hockey table..! Not best location for a fun game.!

Boat trip - booked with Daniel at the beach information desk. £11 ish but lovely lazy day sailing round the bay. Good lunch included on board. Swim stops were fun if a bit chilly due to the time of year..!

Resort - In one word, beautiful. Sitting by the quieter pool, cocktail in hand, looking through the trees to the sea glistening below - gorgeous..!

Not for me

by TripAdvisor Member Klise

I have just returned from 9 days at this hotel. Admitedly I did book it 5 days prior to departure and now agree that you get what you pay for! I arrived to find that I had been allocated the wrong room, I was given another choice which was situated near reception and then given a room in one of the bungalows in the surrounding land which i accepted as I was exhausted. I then complained as I had paid extra for a balcony/view etc and moved again into the main building. This was ok until the evening when the live entertainment kicked in and loud music was played until at least 1.30pm. Ok if you want to be a part of it, terrible if you don't. It was a reduced rate as it is the beginning of the season for this area of Turkey. Most nearby restaurants were in the throes of preparing for their first guests so limited choice of places to go outside of the resort. The hotel was sold as 4* but it was definitely 3. The food was awful, I literally lived on soup for the entire holiday. I am vegetarian but eat fish and was hoping for some really good choices of fish but alas nothing. My son (12) faired a little better as a meat eater but alot of the food was overcooked. On the plus side the turkish people are absolutely wonderful and love kids and the views and greenery made up for a lot of the dissappointment. The location is great, 20mins walk from icmelar and 40mins walk from Mamaris town. Take lots of trips as they are worth it, the mud bath was a favourite! I will definitely return to Turkey but not this hotel!

hated it

by TripAdvisor Member travelagent1983

I hated this place, the hotel was nice as was the decor but the food was shocking, the same food everyday, some of it I havn't a clue what it was. The staff rude and did not want to help. If we got to the bar first we would always get served last.
I had food poisoning so spent most of the day in bed watching t.v I booked this myself as I am a travel agent - what a mistake.
I do not usually complain and have stayed all over the place from Hostels to five stars and would no way recommend this hotel

stunning scenery

by TripAdvisor Member stuartBromley

we had a 4th floor room overlooking the sea and what a view to wake up to. The staff were good and the selection and quantity of the food was good. There was something for everyone. The hotel grounds are on a number of levels in amongst the pine trees. Busy lively pool, childrens play area with water chutes,quieter pool with grass area and large bean bags, quiet beach area or pier/jetty with sun beds if you want to escape from children.
Both Icmeler and maramaris are within walking distance along a purpose made coastal path, if you are keen, or easy access by dolmus. The only down side was that the locally produced gin included in the "fully-inclusive" list was not what we are used to in UK, but the beer has a good flavour.
Everything was well run and I would recommend it to anyone.

a tired hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kerryMidlands

in its hey day would have been a five star but looking tired a very big complex with plenty to do. Our children enjoyed it but not good if you have pushchairs as lot of steps.
food plenty of choice but same every day
our maid never swept once in a week in the room
reception staff fantastic on arrival glass of bubbly and anything we needed sorted promptly
A bit out of the way if you like to get out and about but if it came up again as a cheap deal would def go again

Dissapointed..

by TripAdvisor Member GarryRF

This Hotel is in the Thomsons Brochure and Web site. Its advertised as 4T - All Inclusive - and a private beach area next to the Aegean Sea. Sounded perfect for a week. What a waste of money. My "bungalow" was on the 3rd floor of a block- away from the main Hotel. Over 100 steps down to the Pool. (The Hotel is on a Cliff side) The rooms are typical small "Motel" style. Basic. You get a Fridge - but you have to buy your own Bottled water. The food was buffet style - plenty of salad and veg. I couldn't get a piece of meat. Spam or garlic sausage was plentiful. As were flies and birds- the buffet is outside. Freshly cooked meat was usually Burger "Fingers". Plenty of bread. The Orange Juice was overwatered cordial. Real Orange was £1 a glass. There is an A la Carte Restaurant which you pay extra for if you want real food. Then worst of all- THERE IS NO BEACH. The sunbeds were on Concrete in front of the Hotel. A chrome ladder (Like the one in the deep end of the pool) to get into the sea. This Hotel was absolutely full and getting a seat anywhere was awful. If you've ever been to a 4star all inclusive - with beach, then you will find this resort an absolute disgrace- and shame on Thomsons for having the cheek to call a Concrete Jetty a beach!

Uludag, Turkey

by CandySkin

"Skiing"

Uludag is the highest point in Turkey, stayed at the Hotel Grand Yazici, the food - great, the temperature went far below zero. If you are not an adventurer I don't recomment going there as the way is long to get there and the roads are a bit dangerous, we skidded twice with out tour leader.
This is one of the beautiful dogs i made friends there.

"Mosque"

This was outside a mosque, it was closed, the snow covered everything.

"Bursa city"

Bursa is about 2hrs(depends how bad the weather is) far from Uludag, its a city which has 2 sides, the rich and the poor side, there is a massive shopping mall u should go there! and the poor side..good bargains. It's a very interesting city.

Rugged but beautiful - fresh air, space to breathRugged but beautiful - fresh air, space to breath

LUSH LANDSCAPELUSH LANDSCAPE

this pic speaks for itself :-)this pic speaks for itself :-)

SMILE PLEASESMILE PLEASE

hotels/apartments on seafront.

by jordon

hi.we got back from marmaris yesterday morning and the wife is already looking to book for july 2006.we stayed for 2 weeks at club sediz apartments.no problems with rooms or hotel,witch were great,but there were no entertainment at night.just wondering if any members have stayed at these hotels and if they have entertainment at night.here goes,erden hotel,sunrise hotel,elegance hotel and aegean park.a few nights entertainment would be nice,other nights we would go out.any other sea front hotels/aparts info would be grateful.thanks

RE: hotels/apartments on seafront.

by alizda

to be honest with you if you stay in a hotel on the beach front there are so many bars/clubs etc around why would you want it in hotel as well and pay over the odds for drinks etc!!

RE: hotels/apartments on seafront.

by Lienem

You will get nice entertainment in MARES hotel (this actually is the best hotel I know and been to). Also good entertainment is in Marmaris Palace. Those hotels are not in the centre of Marmaris, but still not far, right between Marmaris & Ichmeler. Think you would like there... :)

november in marmaris

by redlozzie

hi
can anyone advise me as to what marmaris is going to be like in november?
myself and boyfriend are going on the 8th and want to know if it is still going to be busyish or if all the shops and bars are going to be open.
really want to buy an engagement ring so really interested in the jewellers!
also does any one know how far walking distance (in time) it is from the marmaris palace to the main strip of shops are (past the blue bays hotel)
thanks

by casaklarky

hope you see this in time.... most places in the holiday area shut now... all places in the central bazaar are open... get a bus to the marina...cost 1.25 ytl

by geordiegee

wow marmaris is like a ghost town then,,as they shut down in october,,very few places to visit also it is cold that time of year,more like the british flaming winter,be careful at that time ok,,its dangerous

by marmarisaction

late time to come marmaris to be honest.if you lucky weather can be very nice but night time cold a bit.you gonna need blancet.there are open jewellery and other shops.i think is the best time to do shop because the shops need to sell products which they couldnt sell during summer.They are making good discount and you can always find a good things to buy something...have a nice holiday

Comments