Adnan Menderes Bulvari 25. Sk No:2, Marmaris, 48700, Turkey

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Marmaris

Cows grazing at Byzantine coveCows grazing at Byzantine cove

You really cant miss it!You really cant miss it!

MarmarisMarmaris

FUN IN THE POOLFUN IN THE POOL

What should I choose?

by soricel

Hello everybody! Forst of all greetings from Bucharest! I want to go this summer in holiday in Turkey but I have a problem in choosing between Bodrum, Marmaris and Antalya. Which one would you recommend? I want to have a lot of fun and let's not forget about the aqua parks :). I ove them and I understood that Turkey is a heaven of aqua parks. So, which should I pick? Thank you in advance for your help. Patricia

by traveloturc

Hi Patricia
In your age I think that the best spot will be bodrum ..your second choice will be Antalya
good luck

by byzance

Dear Patrizia, I am running travel agency in Beograd, working with Turkey for years.
Everything depend on your bugget and how will you go
For the beginning go to Kusadasi, nice place, lot of fun for young people, two big Aqua parks, not expensive
Bodrum is for middle age class, Marmaris is Ok but Kusadasi is better. Antalya is expensive
If you need help about accomodation and anything else email me
byzance@verat.net
Regards
Misa

by nkt777

Depends on what you like

Bodrum offers richest nightlife and the best museum of underwater archaeology. Also has a medieval castle. The seashore is better than Marmaris, depending on where you stay. You can also hop on to Kos for a day (nearby greek island). I haven't been to Bodrum for many years, so I don't know much.

As opposed to Bodrum's scatter over several kms, Marmaris is more organized like a small compact city, and is a better place to relax, with surrounding hills with pine forests (depending on where you stay, you can be waking up with chirping of cicadas and crickets). But it might be more suitable for older people and families. From Marmaris, you can also do daily boat excursions to local bays, Dalyan turtle beach, Cleopatra's island, and Rhodes (nearby greek island).

There is hydrofoil between Bodrum and a dock 15km from Marmaris (with transportation to Marmaris). So a daily trip from either to the other is possible too.

Antalya is a big city (population 800000 without the tourists), and has the most places to see in the city, and nearby historic sites for daily excursions. Must-sees would be Aspendos amphitheater (the best preserved Roman amphitheater - is still used for concerts), and Miniaturk (a park with scale models of touristicaly famous buildings from all over Turkey). But as it is a big city, you'll have to investigate more to find out where to go for nightlife etc.

I am not sure about what Bodrum has for aquaparks, but Antalya has better aquaparks than Marmaris. (or had since the last time I've been to either - those things can pop up very quickly)

by thebrave

To me you should also think of Canakkale where there is a great sea... and a five star hotel..

if you are thinking of a cheap holiday then you should forget about the rest and come to the cheapest holiday which is in Canakkale.. if u think of coming to canakkale too, I'd love to help u as much as I can..

by MaRiJUaNa5

definitely marmaris....u can find there what u look for

by irishBLONDIE

hi, i went to marmaris in august 2006 and would go back to morrow. It is fantastic, people are lovly, food is great, aqua park brill, boat triops are class everythin is fab. Marmaris is brill,

whateva u decide have a nice time,

irishBLONDIE

Travel Tips for Marmaris

Diving sites

by Djinn76

Since it was my first dive, I can't really complain, I don't have any point of comparison. However my friends who were already much more experienced were quite deceived, they were promised a wreck and a cave but at the end, they haven't seen anything...
What I can say is that the first site was full of nice different fishes. The second one was already much less fishy and our monitor had to play some tricks to keep us busy...
Again I'm not complaining, for me it was a great way to discover scuba diving! However it is true that what we have seen is not really different of what I have seen later on by snorkeling in some other creeks...

turkish baths and day trips

by turkeylover2000

the turkish baths send you to heaven as you let your mind relax. the day trips you have: fishing, go around the harbour, banana boats,jet ski's, deep sea diving , go to the mud bath boat trip and much more, whatever takes your fancy.

Turkish Delight

by clueless83

I didn't like the look of the blank page so thought I'd upload one of my few photographs of Turkey. I only went to Turkey on a day trip from Rhodes, so there are only a couple of tips on my Turkey travel page. I would like to go back one day though...

Comments