More about Hotel Aqua
Taxi Boats!.... Cool Sea Breeze!
well... From Marmaris or Ýcmeler if you dont like to use dolmus (Minibuses) to travel, try taxi boats running between Marmaris and Icmeler cost about 5 YTL ( 2 GBPS / 3Euros per person... It takes about 20 minutes or less and with small boats for 15-20 people and you can watch all seaside and feel freshen up for some reason.... In Marmaris just next centrum where you can see Ataturk Statue also, just behind there are boats docked waiting and sails every half an hour in summer season.... In Icmeler goto the seaside ;) where the big or small trip boats are waiting ( Front of Hotel Aqua) .... Ask!
Loved the Aqua
Hotel Aqua is lovely, some reviews class it less than 5 stars, I would say a 4 star plus. Checked in here because the hotel our tour company put us in was atrocious, which was supposed to be 4 star, certainly did not compare favourably with other 4 stars in the area.
Had a very positive view of this hotel as we were continually making comparisons to the other place. We found the food good, fresh cooking every evening and morning. Buffet compared well with other Med 5 star hotels. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and as it's early in the season prices were good. Cannot comment on the charging of beach facilities as we did not use them. Plenty of sun beds round the pool at this time of year.
The staff were always pleasant and friendly to us and the entertainment staff exceptionally welcoming and friendly, although the entertainment programme was amateurish. Lovely surroundings, lobby, bars, dining areas. The rooms again compared favourably to other 5 star hotels we have stayed in though not luxurious perfectly adequate. The bathroom was on the small side but everything needed was there.
The grounds were in exceptional condition, and the location first class.
I would recommend the Aqua.
fantastic,one of the best holidays ever.
We have just returned from one week stay at the hotel aqua,myself,husband and 5year old son.It was fantastic from arriving at the hotel to leaving the level of customer care never altered it was in our experience 100%.The management and staff are very attentive and nothing is to much trouble.The food was excellent something for everyone even a fussy 5year old,the hotel is very clean and our room was cleaned every day and fresh towels left.The hotel is in a wonderfull position with amazing views of the mountains and bay,we will deffinately return and hopefully sooner rather than later.
4 Star at a low price - Good holiday
We stayed in two different rooms at the Aqua, the first was a double room (photo uploaded) and the second a twin on the 4th floor. The twin room was the better of the 2 with a great pool / sea view and a powerful shower. However, as this is the top floor it gets very hot in the morning, and the air con is not that great.
The reception manager is a real nice guy and helped with every request all staff have limited English. The hotel is very quite and trys to be safisticated when its not. The food was good, but don't expect to be eating steak chips. The 1/2 board option was very good, and there's no need to go all inclusive, as the there's enough bars very close by for all tastes. Don't expect to see females working in the bars, and that includes entertainment, but do expect to see a lot of drag artists (muslim state).
The hotel is clean, with its own private beach, and the hotel provides beach towels (just remember to collect your card at the end of each day!!!! as they will charge you).
The hotel Marti is very close by and is far superior, but full of Germans and Russians. Icmeler is a great little resort and onlu five minutes by bus (£1) to the madness of Marmaris. We took a boat to trip dalayan / turtle beach /mud baths / tombs for £10 and loved every minute of it (Neptune).
Turkey is not that cheap anymore, expect to pay £7-12 for a meal and a drink and beer is £2.40. Imported drinks, such as coctails can cost £5 - 10.
Finally the hotel Aqua is stress free, with a nice pool and a good beach that has activities for all. The hotel would not suit club 18 - 30, but is very nice for +30. If you stay here ask for a pool view, as the sea view can be on the side of the hotel, partially looking at the opposite hotel. The transfer by mini bus took 1hr 45mins and is a real experience. The roads to icmeler from Dalman are being improved, and should be completed in the next year.
Great Location - awful food
Having always wanted to stay at the Aqua, Icmeler, we booked it for a week's holiday 20-28 September 2007 with half board.
The hotel is beautiful. The good bits were:
- The Spa centre with Turkish bath, massage, steam room - this was excellent and the massages (you had to pay but they were good value) were excellent. Would highly recommend the body peel and foam massage - heavenly.
- The hotel grounds were beautiful set all around a lovely big pool with plenty of sunbeds and free towels
- The staff on reception were helpful, friendly and attentive
However, the bad bits:
- The room was lovely - but, and it's a big one:
- the housekeeping (maid service) was awful - we discarded the throws on the bed as it was too warm only to come back to the room and find them screwed up in a corner by the maid (not even folded). We had to ask for the slippers and bathrobes from reception (it was impossible to get housekeeping on the phone). The bath/hair gel fell off the wall and was dumped in the bath, empty and never replaced (we had brought our own so used that). Tea cups were not washed every day or replaced with clean ones. The mirror, which had some cream splashed on it was not cleaned (until I did it myself after 3 days).
- The breakfast would have been good but with only one (ocassionally 2 chefs) cooking eggs/bacon/omelettes the queue was usually long so it was either hard boiled eggs or a cold breakfast. If you wanted freshly squeezed orange juice you had to pay, not much 5 lire, but for a five star hotel, not very impressive. Also it was made by a man with a manual squeezer so, again, it took ages, even when there wasn't a queue.
- The evening meal was awful - we gave up after 3 nights. Everything was buffet, in bain maries and regardless of whether you went down early or late was lukewarm and pretty tasteless. There was a chef one evening cooking chicken escalopes, which were OK, but overall 1 out of 5 for food. The staff in the restaurant were useless. Slow and unhelpful, with a less than basic knowledge of English which was strange because in most of the bars, restaurants in Icmeler the staff spoke great English. We do try to learn the basics of languages whereever we go, but with Turkish getting beyond cheers and thank you is quite difficult.
One morning I was taking croissants to our room to have breakfast on the balcony and was accosted by a waiter asking ''where do you think you're going? You can't take that to your room'' English was OK then, and for a hotel with 24 hour room service, it shouldn't have been a problem to go to the room with my breakfast. I ignored him and took it up anyway.
- As I said the pool area and gardens were beautiful. However, although there was a tiny paddling pool, the pool was so deep, everywhere, that even my husband 6ft 1 could only find one place to stand on tiptoes - a shallower bit would have been nice.
- The pool bar, again a lovely setting, but with the same appalling service as the restaurant - the food however was better, but you had to pay for it.
Overall - Go for B&B, but if you like good food, don't do half board when there are some absolutely fabulous restaurants in Icemeler serving top class food at exceptionally reasonable prices.
This hotel is in Icmeler region where there are lots of other hotels ,bars, rastaurants nearby about 15 minutes drive from Marmaris downtown.
Hotel is just in front of the sea. Hotel's garden is very nice, there is all green with lots of trees.
Rooms: We stayed in this hotel twice. The fist room we stayed was older when we compared with our second stay , we guess they built another new building , so when you check in it's better to ask for newer rooms.
Beach: Beach is just perfect, It's a sand beach , the hotel has its own private beach, the sea is warm even in autumn.
Pool: The hotel has a small outdoor swimming pool.
The turkish bath of the hotel and spa facilities are perfect , there is sauna and steam bath.
Meal: We really enjoyed the meal, the cook (s) is/are one word excellent. We tasted the most delicious food here. It's a on a buffet ,even they offer ice cream for free.
we advise to peple who come to Turkey for entertainment , sunbathing (Sea is marvellous). You can also walk near the beach.
Absolutely Magnificent !!!!
I had the best vacation ever thanks to this really 5* hotel!!!
Superlative services, highest standards of confort, stylish furnishing, premium bedding. This hotel has one outside perfect clear cristal pool, one inside pool, perfect spa facilities, the most delicious and various food (I had the all inclusive concept)cooked by excellent and best qualified cooks, its own private beach, fabulous surroundings; a very proffessional management team, the best entertainment staff, I would mention Igit, Julia, and all the others.
I would highly recommend Aqua Hotel.
Thank you everybody for your hospitality and deffinitely we will meet next year!
best vacation ever!!
unbelievable! I had the best vacation..probably the best days in my entire life..what can I say..everthing was lovely tere..the beautiful hotel,fantastic spa..good food and drinks..friendly staff and lovely entertainment group..it felt like home and I definitaly wanna go back again..it's my small piece of paradise!
Aqua is absolutely amazing. Our room was very clean, they changed the towels almost daily and we had a nice view to the mountains and the sea. The staff is always friendly and eager to help.
The younger staff (14-15 yo) of thehotel doesn't speak very good english. But they immediately ask for their supervisor to attend you, which is great .
The hotel has a few restaurants and a bars within the garden and the beach is only a few steps away. We used to sunbathe until 12-1 o'clock and afterwards enjoy a salad/fresh juice/ice cream in one of the bars. After that we went back to swimming in the sea :)
We were very happy with the hotel's location, especially because we were soo close to the sea. Me and my friends love sitting on the beach until late in the night, but at Aqua you are allowed to stay there only until 2 am. There was always a somebody from the hotel's security patrolling the beach at night, checking the wrist band of the people sitting on the sunbeds to make sure they're hotel's guests. We felt safe even at 2 am.
We're thinking of returning to Icmeler next year :)