Hotel Ayderia

Rated 37% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Ayderia

Good hotel for 3*

by TripAdvisor Member helsbels53

Just returned from 7 nights at the Sun Maris Park Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey May 2008. Was sold this holiday as 4* but most definitely 3* and the hotel literature on site states 3* hotel. The rooms are very basic but extremely clean and maid service every day while we stayed and change of bedding and towels as required. The electrics are slightly worrying but as this was my first stay in Turkey cant say if this is typical of the country. The showers was also dodgy with water running from freezing to scalding on a sliding scale, be careful with children.

The staff could not have been more helpful and attentive, nothing was a problem including the request to change room as the initial room had a broken window. The staff were constantly cleaning and ensuring that we had everything we needed.

We were all inclusive and to be honest concerned before arriving if the food would be ok - no problems. The food was varied and of a high quality, could not fault it - put on 6 pounds during the stay. It you are looking for English style food, its not for you but if you like try something different, this is the place. Like most overseas hotels the food was warm not hot but it was suggested by one guest they pop a microwave in the restaurant for guests who like their food hot - i found it fine. You must try the soups which were delicious. Guests were heard to be moaning about the food but it was lovely.

I visited at the beginning of the season so there was plenty of sunbeds and the pool was empty but this may be a problem when the season is in full swing. They run a shuttle bus to the beach but its literally 2 mins away.

All inclusive drinks include, vodka, raki, local beers, red/white wine and soft drinks - no barcardi or other spirits.

It you want a quiet rest then the hotel is fine if your young at heart plenty of pubs within walking distance.

Must recommend the Turkish bath in the hotel - £10.00 a bargain.

One down side after socialising in a smoke free environment it was shocking to see guests smoking in the restaurant and all bars/shops in the resort. But hey the hubby loved it!!!

All in all a great value for money hotel, good food, outstanding staff. You only get what you pay for. If you want five star go to a five star hotel!!!!!

An Absolute Nightmare!!!

by TripAdvisor Member joey878

i have just returned from a weeks stay in the sun maris park hotel marmaris and to be honest i have never written a review before, infact the thought has never even crossed my mind. The last thing i want to do is put people off there holiday but i feel the need to state my nightmare week.
where do i start......... the staff are extrememly rude (i.e phone you when your asleep to say come to reception now), continuous power and water cuts(which do not help if your in one of the lifts at the time), freezing cold water all week in room, a swimming pool the size of a pool you would expect to find in an average family villa, all inclusive is a joke the food is atrocious, the drink selection consists of about five beverages including alcholic, the hygiene around the hotel is terrible, cups not washed out!! one night i was drinking a water with a very distinctive bacardi smell clearly from where the cups were not throughly cleaned, at night you get stray cats drinking from the swimming pool, no chlorine or saltwater in the swimming pool just seemed to be normal water which would mean no germs killed, therefor all the cats germs you will be swimming in along with god knows what else, no option to keep room on when leaving which left us with twelve hours with nowhere to wsh or change, and to top it off my partner left with an ear infection (along with two young boys also staying at the hotel, excuse the pun but some might say its in the water) and i ended up with sever food poisoning and dehydration which led to three hours in hospital and a two hundred pound bill, bearing in mind we could not keep the room on even in these circumstances you can only but imagine what its like to be feeling at deaths door in searing heat with nowhere to lie down but the shabby sunbeds. i really do not want to worry people but if you have not already booked then dont please take my advice, im twenty one years old have been travelling around india so have experienced my fair share of poor places but bearing in mind this hotel is rated as four star it is the worst place i have ever stayed. if there is any plus sides marmaris itself is a lovely resort and this hotel is not reflective of it and i must be honest and say that the room cleanliness throughout my stay was fine other than that i would sooner trek mount everst in swimming shorts than stay here

Do not stay at the Ayderia!

by TripAdvisor Member sunseekerbham

We have just come back from a week there and it was horrible. Every single person we spoke to whilst we were there had complained.

Firstly on arrival they said they did not have a room for that night and we would have to stay at another hotel down the road for 1 night,
but come back up to the Ayderia for food and any drinks etc. When we got to the other hotel the rooms were disgusting! The shower was like
a baking tray on the floor in the room. They speak very limited english and the rep is no where to be seen so basically you have to like it or lump it. This did not only happen to us as a one off, they
were sending people down to the other hotel all week.

Next day we moved back to the main hotel. The rooms were basic but ok. Our Air Con did work but we seemed to be lucky as most peoples didnt. The key to your room powers the electric so when you leave the
air con and fridge goes off. Fridge didn't work but couldnt be bothered to complain as they wouldnt have fixed it anyway.

Generally i would class this as a 2 star hotel, no way a four and probably not a three.

There are manky cats everywhere!

Food -for Breakfast you were basically limited to an omelette, which was really small anyway. It was either that or Turkish breakfast - Olives chesse bread etc. Fine for first few days after that i could have screamed.

Lunch was chips, rice, pasta, bolognaise sauce and a meat of some sort, chicken or fish mainly plus salad. The only thing that varied was the fish or meat.

Dinner was exactly the same as lunch only a different fish or meat again.

It is not even self service, they serve you so you are restricted to how much you can have.

Drinks -The drinks are watered down terribly, Bar open 10 til 11 supposedly. At 10pm the waiter goes all moody and you can only have 1
drink per person. There was four of us and all of us had to go up at this time, which is ridiculous. If there is still a queue at 11 tough
they stop serving. You would need about 50 neat vodkas to get anywhere near merry. There is no entertainment on at night and the place is really quite boring of an evening.

Staff - Some of the staff are really nice but they do hassle you all the time fo photographs and massage and ice cream, which gets really annoying by the end of the week. Some are horrible and just point and
expect you to know what they are on about. Their english is terrible.

All Inclusive - More like all exclusive! You had to pay for ice creams, massage, pool table, internet. Most of which was 10 lira so about £4. Whole point of all inclusive is you don't need any money and the kids can please them selves with ice creams etc. Not here! The man even goes around the pool asking them if they want one when they have to pay for them.

Pool - The pool floor was all rough and my partner and friend cut their feet really bad playing water polo with the kids. They could hardly walk for two days. We saw many people hobbling around.

It is in a good location that it the only thing positive i can say about the place.

We went for sun a few drinks and a few laughs which we did get by making the most of it and staying out of the hotel as most as possible.

The area was good its just outside Marmaris but there are loads of Bars etc around. Food is really cheap £2 for full english breakfast. £7 for steaks. Drinks are quie expensive though, cocktails are usually £4. Spirit and Mixer, £3. The drinks are really strong though
so you dont need as many as you would drink here. Would go back to the area but definitely not the Ayderia.

Welcome to hell - honestly

by TripAdvisor Member boblcfc

Well where do i start. Just returned after 2 weeks in hell at this hotel. I travelled with my wife and 3 sons aged 12,6 and 2. Also with us was my brother his partner and little girl aged 4, also my wifes parents. 5 Bedroom changes in all, no functioning air con in all 5 rooms, fridges that are full of mould and of no use what so ever. This hotel needs to be shut down and fast. I am not on my own here, we met a number of brits out there and not one family had a good word to say about this hotel. The hoterl is not safe, one child fell down a manhole, another managed to get hold of a syringe from an unlocked medical room and an unlocked medical cabinet. The satff did not care less. Every rep that came to the hotel (those that dared!) were met with a barrage of unhappy guesta wanting to get out of the hell hole. This is no exaggeration, do not go here if you are looking for a relaxing holiday. The staff knew we were not happy and would complain on our return, they intimidated my family by taking photo's when we ate any food, how can you enjoy a holiday under these circumstances.

The food was good and bad, on one hand lots of salad but then on the other once its gone its gone. The main meals were awful. In 14 days we had fish 7 times and the fish was batter and bones. You were served as if you were an inmate and frowned upon if you dared to ask for more.

The alcohol was severeley watered down, do not think you can get drunk on this all inclusive its impossible.

To sum it all up, i got back off holiday yesterday and feel like i need to go away again. The family talk is all about the hotel and how bad it was, the enjoyment we had occured when we went away from this hotel which was every night as nothing happened here in the evening. If you are reading this now and considering going to this hotel, dont. You have been warned.

welcome to faulty towers

by TripAdvisor Member chickenlegsDurham

We arrived to find our adjoining rooms on the first and fifth floors!We had a camp bed in one room which was collapsable,especially when you got in it,bare wires in the wall and when you left the room with your key the air con went off.We had our room changed which was great until the air con packed up and flooded the floor.The pool was closed when the attendant felt like it which was earlier each day and if you werent out quick enough for his liking he would start to put chemicals in it with you! on two occassions glasses were broken around the pool and they were going to sweep the glass into the pool.Food wasnt too bad but a bit hit and miss, if you were late for your meals you got the dregs that was left.The highlight of our holiday was the other people we met whilst we were there.No entertainment except a cd player and the parents.Appart from that we had a great time in turkey and would go back but not to faulty towers!!

Nightmare

by TripAdvisor Member Debi13

I have never, ever felt the need to write a review about anything. After a breakup decided to take my 12 year old daughter and her friend to get a way for a week. I would have rather stayed with my ex!!!! I read a few bad reports but thought it was fairly cheap and so you cant expect luxury and my hopes were not too high! But believe me I was not prepared for the state of the hotel. I booked 4* as I wanted to be safe and was taking someone elses daughter with me. After travelling all night we arrived mid morning it was baking but the air con didnt work. After going up and down the stairs (the lifts were out of order), receiving various ideas on what I should try, including hitting the remote on the side!!!! one of the staff finally managed to pull herself away from reception and try and help, but couldnt. The third bed (although paid full price) was a camp bed that had springs and wires jutting out all over and my daughter cut her leg. They replaced this with a single mattress on the floor.

The electricity went off and as they had no back up generator you couldnt shower, flush the chain or wash your hands for over 7 hours at a time. They still prepared food and managed to wash up??? somehow UUHHGG!!

And everyone is definitely right about the drinks I had vodka and coke but you couldnt taste the vodka at all. Normally at an all inclusive you have wrist bands, but didnt have anything like that - it made me laugh as anyone could wander in, but no one in their right mind would.

It really is bad - pay a little bit more if necessary as this hotel just causes headaches. It is unsafe, they were dragging life wires through the pool with children in it - mums and dads were shouting at their kids to get out!! Those that shouted the loudest and beleive me there was quite a few managed to get moved.I would hate anyone to save all year and end up here its not fair! I know standards abroad are not the same as here but this goes beyond what you should have to put up with.

DONT GO!!!!!

hell hole

by TripAdvisor Member roof55

me and my partner and two friends have just arrived home from marmaris . resort lovlie! but the hotel ayderia wouldnt no where to start . it is not a 4* it may pass as one* if very lucky. rooms very basic. the pool and surrounding area of hotel disgusting. the staff not freindly or helpful wat so ever. the food never changes .chips , chips, or chips. it would not pass the the health and saftey laws. very unsutible for children .we where there for the week and ther was no entertainment as promised. the larger was like it was watered down. the hotel spolit the holiday for all of us. one lady while we were there was electicuted by the hair drier in her room.another sprained her ankel on a broken strip on the stair. poor thing she ended up on crutches 4 her holiday. all in all the hotel should be named faulty towers .and cats every where at the hotel, all round you while ya eating it was like cat alley . i would never ever recomend this hotel to any one it should be closed down......

disliked hotel ayderia,loved marmaris

by TripAdvisor Member JOHNR30

should be rated 2 star only: rooms basic needs revamp bath room ie shower dangerous(slippy).
food only basic and very often cold ie breakfast only omelette,egg or cereals every day no choice. hotel
service only seemed to run by young people who were no able to sort out problems.

So Not Go To This Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rachaell_8

Oh my god,what can ı say ıts terrıbel,all ınc ıs not at all!!

the lager ıs watered down,the spırts are not spırts as you know them!!

you dont get a wrıst band, but then agaın you wouldnt come to thıs hotel unless you were stayıng there!!

each nıght we went out for dınner as the food was ınedıable, ı love foreıgn food but thıs was lıke prıson food, one nıght ı went to ncdonalds after my so called dınner ı was stıll hungry.

The hotel ıs that bad ı needed to wrıte and ım stıll on my hols at thıs dump.

The pool does not get sun untıl the afternoon, so ıts off to the beach and payıng for our drınks, dont bother goıng here ıts really really bad and ı work ın the caterıng ındustry and have never ever seen anythıng lık ıt.

They open everythıng bangon the dot and close on the dot.

We asked for pool vıew....... yes we got one but next doors pool and next dıoors dısco untıl gone one ın the mornıng.

I realoly really cant stress enough about thıs hotel ıts horrıble and ıf ı could tell a rep ı would but nobody ıs bothered.

Very nice place

by TripAdvisor Member travellermoscow

Fantasic hotel and great staff. I was at this hotel 5 yeas ago when it’s name was Ayderia. Same very good quality, big swimming pool, fresh and lovely food.

Room with a sea view was fantastic!

sarýgerme cavesarýgerme cave

POLICEPOLICE

Local marketLocal market

ShushhhhhhhhhShushhhhhhhhh

working in marmaris

by tashaandkatie

Hi does anyone know of anywere you can rent for about 3months me and a freind are wanting to go over from may to July????????

RE: working in marmaris

by infinitys

hi,

I think the answer of your question is most probably yes!!! indeed.Did you keep in touch with the real estate agencies? I may recommend one if you wish.

www.remax.com.tr

RE: RE: working in marmaris

by enjoythefeeling

its possible to rent for 3 months, but you should talk to several real estates to find the best one. Never accept the 1st one, you may book more suitable prices. if you look for a trustable one, i may pass you a very experienced tourism agent in marmaris..

enjoy..