Litera Fethiye Relax Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Tehnellidere Mevkii Ovacik, (Formerly "Club Magico Bronzo"), Fethiye, Mugla, 48300, Turkey
Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Litera Fethiye Relax Hotel

Read this if you want an open opinion on Magico Bronzo!

by TripAdvisor Member Sal22

My partner and I arrived at the Hotel Magico Bronzo at 8:30am. On arrival, we were quite impressed by what we saw. The hotel seemed very clean and presentable but I believe we could have had a more friendly welcome. The manager of the Hotel seemed to be miserable all the time and never made an effort to greet the guests like the other staff did. I was a bit offended by this. We were shown to our room by a very helpful man who carried our suitcases the whole way. I felt rather guilty that I had no turkish Lira to give him a tip. Our room wasn't the best in the world and was very damp! I couldn't believe anyone would expect a guest to stay in such conditions! I heard from another guest that their room was infested with ants and later on in the holiday the pest control came in. When we asked to be moved we were told that it wasn't possible because there were no other rooms. I asked the gentleman on reception about the market in Fethiye but he didn't seem to want to help us. He merely stated that we should see our rep. In the end we bookedd an excursion in the town of Hisoranu. Some aspects of the hotel were absolutely fine. The pool is very spacious and plenty of sun loungers to go around. The entertainment staff were very good with the children and the girl Naz was very nice and the children loved her. The food in the hotel wasn't too good but I could have eaten it for two weeks if I was short of money. It was my partner who wasn't too happy about the food because there was nothing there that he liked. It was obvious that everything was done on the cheap. The drinks in the all inclusive package were ok but the beer seemed to be watered down. I am a light weight when it comes to lager as I don't drink a great deal, but this lager just didn't have an effect on me. I eventually started to drink wine or brandy. In the second week we started to eat out at The Woodmans Bar. The meals are excellent here so go there!!! Towards the end of our holiday, we asked if we could keep our room on as we didn't get picked up until 3am. We were told we could have it until 7pm then we had to vacate the room. I was very annoyed by this, as there were two other families leaving at the same time as us. Fortunately for them they managed to keep their room until 3am. Why couldn't we!!! I couldn't believe the cheek of it. A local hotel offered their guests a free room if their flight was in the early hours of the morning. We were previously told by another member of staff that the £15 pounds we had to pay to keep the room on would enable us to keep the room until we departed. When we came to arrange it we were told differently. They should train their staff properly and improve the communication. I have to say one thing!!!! The bar staff were amazing! They were so friendly and you could have a joke with them! Thank you to all of you!!! By the end of the holiday we found out why our room was damp. I passed our room after leaving it empty and found that I had left our towels on the balcony. I told my partner to ask at reception for the key but he said, "It's ok, I'll just grab them off the balcony." As we were on the ground floor he was able to do this. As he stepped off the wall into the grass outside the balcony he started to sink. It was like a bog. Previously we had noticed that the grass in that section had not been cut and they had sprayed lime dust all over it. His shorts and training shoes were covered in mud and seeing as we didn't have a room, he had to go into the public toilet and take his clothes off to wipe the mud off them. He wasn't very happy! I'm not saying that this hotel is terrible but I believe we could have had a bit more help!

what a good holiday

by TripAdvisor Member jbaz

My son and i visited the magico bronzo in june, we had just the best time The food was good ,the staff where the best.
For a budget holiday it cannot be beaten see photos!
have a good holiday from john & callum.

Lovley holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member Sarahmb

My family and I have just returned(12th Aug) from a lovely stay at magico bronzo.
As everyone says, all of the staff, restaurant, entertainment and bar, even the manager, are absolutely brilliant, they are so helpful and they really do try to make you're holiday extra special!
The only thing i could complain about would be the food, but saying that, everyone else who came with us thought it was lovely!I just thought it was a bit repetitive(meatballs!) and a bit too Turkish, but what did I expect!Another minor thing was that our air con was leaking water from it and although there were several attempts of fixing it it never did work!but our room was never that hot anyway!
THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Please make sure you watch out for Sonic he will try it on with any young British girl and beware!HE IS ENGAGED TO BETH!no matter what he says about this 'Beth' who always rings him!!!he is lovely, just make sure that you are aware!
Naz is a little sweetie, she does everything she can to make you're holiday amazing!aswel as Gadget and JonJon, although these two are a little competitive at funky pool!Also, Ufuk in the restaurant is lovely and that is his name!!you will see!!
If the mr and miss magico bronzo comps are on while you are there i would definitely reccomend participating, my boyfriend and I did them and they were so much fun even though we both came second!!!
Sadar and his Dad(the chefs) are so friendly and fun, they always try to have a bit of fun with everyone!
I would definetely reccomend for those who enjoy the nightlife to get on the free bus which the hotel runs to Hisronu on a saturday. It leaves at midnight and returns at 3am, the entertainment team take you to a club called Grand Boozey, which is good, but, Club UK is so much better!!!Also if you fancy a pizza i would definitely reccomend PIZZA EXPRESS it is so much better than pizza pizza. Their medium pizzas are like large pizzas in England, and the one i had was 7.50 liras which is about 3pound!!
A trip to Fethiye market on a tuesday is fun, make sure you haggle haggle haggle!my Mum wanted this leather bag, they wanted £45 for it so my mum walked off he said how much then an mum said a tenner!after refusing to accept a tenner for about 20mins of mythering us we ended up getting it for
£12!!so be careful there!
Also worth going on is the moonlight boat trip which the hotel runs on a Wednesday night. It is more for couples than families though as it is late at night and young children would prob get bored!my boyfriend and I had a lovley time though dancing under the stars!
Another thing worth going on is a day long boat trip. We paid 5pound each which includes transport to and from the boat and a lovley meal of either chicken or fish. our boat left at 10.45 in the morning and returned at about 6.30. it was a lovely day out you stop off at 5 islands including a cool water spring which is very refreshing but very very cold!also you can actually get off the boat and do water sports in the middle of the sea!
We all had a great holiday, our first time to Turkey and I'm sure we'll be returning, weather was beautiful every single day, the pool big, plenty of entertainment day and night, you will never go hungry, good selection of drinks and great people!My mum and Dad are already thinking about going back to magico bronzo and we only got back yesterday!

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Kaklin

Although we had read some mixed reviews on this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. The people at reception did not speak great english but we were warmly greeted.
Our room was basic but very clean and comfortable. and the maids came in daily.
The pool and pool area was exceptionally clean and pleasant. The entertainment was not the greatest but the entertainment team worked hard at organising things on and off site.
The food at the hotel was not brilliant, but was edible, and it is so cheap to eat out that it was not a problem if you wanted to go into town to eat. Big Brother restuarant in Hisaronu is worth a visit, it is inexpensive and the staff are extremely friendly.
The bar staff at the hotel were excellent as were all of the staff, very friendly. For the cost it was well worth it and we would go back to the same hotel again, without question.
It is a 10 - 20 min walk into Hisaronu depending on your pace and which route you take.
There are many day trip places so check out a few as the prices tend to differ. The 12 Island cruise from Fethiye is wel worth it, but we would not recommend the 5 island trip from Olen Deniz. We did not have time but everyone says that the one trip you MUST take is the Safari Jeep one.
Whatever you do you must gto Fethiye market it is brilliant , Hisaronu market is much smaller but worth a visit too.
In my opinion those that give bad reviews are people that pay for a budget holiday and expect the Ritz. If you want 4 & 5 star then you have to pay for it. We would recommend the Magico Bronzo and Turkey and would definitely go back. Have a wonderfulo holiday!

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member jackie1234

as the same as all the other times i stay here this is the 8th time and as the same loved every second of it the staff have become my family and even the new staff that are there are the same they are all great
the turkish baths i have at the hotel i think y go out of the hotel and give the rebs the money when i can have it at the hotel and give the lads the same money and feel great at the time i feel relaxed and stress free i feel safe and the lads are gentle men
the lads and lasses in the resturant are bril and the entertainment are good the one naz is great with the kids she can handle em and they seem to love her loads

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member anonymous56

Read a lot of positive comments but all I can say is that the hotel was AWFUL.
Our room was damp, the shower from above room was leaking into ours and the bedding had holes in it. No TV in our room when we arrived although they put one in when we asked..not that the signal was any good.
Pool area was dangerously slippery and the sunbeds were cracked and broken.
Slide is only open for 45mins, twice a day.
Entertainment staff sit on their backsides most of the day and play the same CD's every day and night..even for the childrens disco. Overall the entertainment was RUBBISH anyway. Same old thing per week.
Don't buy any BINGO tickets..the staff pocket the £ for themselves, as they do for Killer Pool..they don't even let the kids win.
Restaurant was OK but a bit samey..the staff were lovely, as were the bar staff.
Not enough seats in the evening for everyone to sit down.
The rep was only interested in selling us excursions..never once asked if we were enjoying our holiday. (probably knew the answer!)
Wouldn't go back there if it was free!!!!

Honestly!

by TripAdvisor Member Astrid_186

well to begin with staff was very welcomin and the room was always kept clean by the maid!
food was a little dissapointing as most of it was repeated and there diddnt seem to be much of a variety!
Waiters and Entertainment team are wonderful and always there to help! Jon Jon, Gadget and Naz are brilliant with the adults and children, although (VERY IMPORTANT)- Sonic will try and get with any young british girl so dont be taken by his charm because he is also ENGAGED!
Pool was also kept very clean, as well as the whole of the resort!
we had a very pleasent stay and hopefully will be returning!

problem after problem

by TripAdvisor Member finchysfriend

first impressions of the rooms were filthy mould on the bathroom ceiling the bedding was stained and ripped the towels were almost non existant they were that worn there were continuous power cuts which meant the cold drinks were warm and you couldnt get a hot drink there was no running water so you couldnt have a wash and this lasted for hours on end .the food well if you were not sharing it with flies and wasps it was cold and most of the time you were eating leftovers from lunch at tea time. the staff were great although on one occasion were being a bit to persistant with ther selling at mealtimes other than that the staff were brill they did try and make the holiday enjoyable thanks guys!

do not stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member dazzy

stayed here after it being recommended by my niece, suffice to say we have fallen out since we got back!!!!
I have been to this lovely part of turkey 5 times now and have always had a great time, if I had stayed here the first times it would have put me off!!!
The rooms were ok a little bit on the small size, and could do with a bit of updating.
The food was horrible, we payed for all inclusive and only ate in the hotel 3 times in the whole week (flies all over, soup that was just oil and fat). My biggest problem was the first 3 days we had thunder and lightening storms (not the hotels fault I know), but this meant we had no electricity for that time, I could have coped with that but no water for 2 days was not acceptable, you could not flush the toilet or have a shower with no back up from the management.
The clientelle the hotel attracts was unbelievable they were loud, banging doors, swearing and fighting with each other, one night after the bar was shut, some of the guests decided to break in to the bar and steal drinks - ashamed to be british! The staff were all walking around looking down hearted, however I am not suprised given that they had but up with this type of clientelle for 6 months.
If you want to go to this lovely park of Turkey stay at somewhere like the sefa motel, a small excellent British Ran hotel which is clean and friendly.

nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jonasie

i stayed here for almost 2 weeks. and it was the tim of my life.
i haven't got any problems and the food was delicious.
next year i certainly come back.

hisaronu castlehisaronu castle

STATUE OF ATATURKSTATUE OF ATATURK

Marmaris Harbour and EsplanadeMarmaris Harbour and Esplanade

NON ALCOHOLIC FISH BOWLNON ALCOHOLIC FISH BOWL

value for money

by pompeymark

i understand that lately we are getting a better rate for lira..about 2.7--2.75lira to the pound..have the prices gone up also in turkey to allow for this,or do we get a better deal with the prices staying the same in resorts like marmaris

by qaminari

Do you think Turkey only receives holidaymakers from the UK and therefore that Turkish service-providers would adjust their prices according to the value or YOUR currency?! UK holiday companies may or may not change their prices (as the exchange rates fluctuate they will sometimes win and sometimes lose but home one cancels out the other), but in Turkey local prices remain the same, or change for reasons connected with other issues than the exchange rate with sterling. So when the exchange rate improves you get a better deal and when it worsens you get a worse deal.

by Tdiver

Prices still the same mate,only your exchange rate is better now,and things like gold and silver will change according to daily rates.

by tanhan777

yes, pound vs lira currency rate increased in favor of pound. This is a temporary period. I am in production business and the producers are adjusting their prices according to new currency rates and acc. to gold prices. Its effects will be seen in values in a month or two. Change your pound asap and spend them now. After 2 months, you will be able to buy same, say, cloth for the same amount pounds. However, it can fluctuate and pound value may decrease, who knows. It all depends on what will happen in Lebanon, what Iran will do, etc.

Comments