2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Costs 150% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Majestic

Dont Worry about the Majestic

by TripAdvisor Member TheBananaman

There must be another "Majestic", The one we stayed at was spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly. Our rooms was very good with a really nice shower. The towels were changed every other day and the rooms nicely tidied with beds made every day. It is only five minutes to the beach and the dolmush passes every five minutes. The pool was good and well kept. Breakfast was typical for the country, the boiled eggs were lovely. We didnt take our other meals there as we always explore the local facilities, however it looked like the chef had a new uniform every day it was so white! We would certainly go back. Finally the labrador puppy was lovely - would have brought him home!

Good Time had by all!

by TripAdvisor Member Emma-Hyland

I've just come back from a week in Turkey with my boyfriend, we stayed at the Majestic, it was clean, the staff were great, and the food was as expected, we stayed B&B, we had the traditional breakfast choice in this kind of hotel, boiled eggs, cucumber, toast, toms, olives and salami... there was also cornflakes, coffee and squash (which was really strong, but very addictive!) you could of had jam or honey on your toast!! The rooms were cleaned EVERY day and the maid even made fans or love hearts with the towels! which I thought was a nice touch.. the reception staff were so helpful, and the bar and waiting staff were also really attentive... well most of the time!!! I would recommend attending the 'Turkish Night' the food is great and the traditional folk dancing will blow your mind! I love Oludenize as a resort, and recommend it to the young and old!! The lagoon is lovely and if you can go to Billys Beach, they will pick you up and drop you off for free, you do have to pay for your sunbed and umbrella, but that is the same on the beach too.

Majestic reborn!

by TripAdvisor Member dmacnau

It is five years (June 2002) since I had last stayed at the Majestic. Before returning this June, I read some of the reviews from those who had been more recently. While I recognised many of the points made, I really do believe some guests must have very unrealistic expectations of what you find on a modestly priced break in Turkey.

My previous two visits (2001 & 2002) had both been great successes - I was not looking to be disappointed five years on! On checking the hotel website, I was advised that the hotel had been seriously renovated over the winter - promising! It has to be said that on previous stays, the accommodation was fairly basic but always clean and functional. I have no doubt it was in need of a facelift by the end of the 2006 season.

We (I travel on these breaks with my brother-in-law, as my wife will not fly) left on an evening flight from Glasgow airport for Dalaman. The brochure says 4.5 hours but it is usually done in a little over 4 hours. 0130 local time in a very quiet (but stunning) new terminal at Dalaman. Very speedily through to the buses but made the big mistake of buying two small bottles of water at a kiosk in the terminal. 9 lira! and as she had "no change"? - 10 lira! £2.40! (the next day I was able to buy a 1.5 litre bottle in Olu for 0.5 lira - this was equivalent to 1/30th of the price at the airport - be warned!)

The transfer from the airport to the Majestic should take about 90 minutes. Since my last visit, the roads have been improved (far less bends) but it still took 2 hours - this was due to a very ancient (but comfortable) bus. We arrived at the Majestic at 0430 - the courier woke the two boys at reception! We had booked two rooms, with a single supplement paid. It took a minute or two to convince our hosts that we would REALLY not like to share one room! I was soon escorted to Room 409 (2nd floor) just as the dawn light was glowing. Very glad to be back at the Majestic!

Yes, there has been a makeover! My room had clearly never been used. There was still a label on the inside of the wash basin! Everything was new and fresh - if still following the basic Turkish simple style. The three apartment blocks all seem to have had the full treatment (I shall try and post some pics on the appropriate page in this site). Access to the two (or three) floors is by external wrought iron staircase - very well done.

The rest of the complex has improved but is not greatly changed from 2002. It appears that they have chopped a bit off the pool, to create more lounger space - there are more loungers than previously. The dining/bar/reception area remains the same.

We had made a pact before this trip, that we would not do the Majestic breakfast! Many reviewers have commented on this - but frankly, I cannot recommend it. When you are only having breakfast and dinner each day, you like dining to be a bit of an event - breakfast at the Majestic cannot be described as "an event". We tried a few local hotels for the seven breakfasts we had. The winner by far is the Oba Hotel - a five minute walk from the Majestic.

We did not eat at all at the Majestic this time. In previous years we have done a light lunch (salad and that sort of thing) always very good. The bar and the staff are always helpful and fun. Tea and cakes continue to be servrd by the pool every afternoon (see pic).

As other reviewers have stated, there are many really good places to eat in Olu. I would particularly credit the Olive Grove, The Secret Garden and the Honeymoon Bar (prize winner - see pic). This last one was particularly fine, on all fronts - food, atmosphere, service, price - even the music (if you like 60s/70s stuff). I have to say that we also tried our old friend Sultan Pepper. This was a great disappointment this year. The food was fair enough but the service was poor. It was looking very run down and lacked the atmosphere of old.

Other reviewers have covered the atmosphere and facilities of Olu and I can only concur. The Blue Lagoon is a bit more structured than of old, with rather more loungers. This makes it a bit busier at peak times. The beach remains stunning and very clean. Prices are all very reasonable.

Expect to pay about 10 lira each for a good breakfast and about 30 lira each for a two course dinner with water and a couple of beers or wine.

Olu remains a star resort in Turkey. It is small but active, without being over the top. The people are very friendly and helpful and you never have any safety worries (not from the locals anyway!) I would go back in a minute, both to the resort and the Majestic. This is great three-star living - it does what it says on the tin!

Next year, perhaps back to Dalyan (?) but I shall always look forward to a week or two at the Majestic!

We travelled from Glasgow on 4th June 2007 for seven nights, with Thomas Cook. £350/head including single room supplement.

Excellent Majestic

by TripAdvisor Member CoronaMan27

We stayed at the Majestic at the beginning of july for 1 week and it was excellent.the staff were helpful and enthusiastic especially ozzy and the bar staff. You will have a great time here and you should be prepared for the lively afternoons/evenings at the bar/pool and the the late nights can end in the early morning. This hotel is very good for outgoig people who are not looking for first class luxury but a place to relax and party. We will defo be going back and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Lovin the Majestic

by TripAdvisor Member Joan21Liverpool

I went to Olu Deniz to be a bridesmaid for my friend. I booked the hotel because it was the best deal i could get. The hotel was fantastic and made my holiday unforgettable! the rooms are basic but very clean, breakfast is just a normal continental and throughought the day there are snacks served at the bar. Ozzy and all the other bar/waiter staff are excellent really friendly and always remember your name which is lovely. Turkish night is a must and make sure you join in! everyone just has a laugh and be prepared to be thrown in the pool and perhaps a dance on the bar if your up for it.. don't worry if thats not your scene there is no pressure just sit back and laugh like my mum. Overall a truely amazing holiday with the hotel being a great location. if you wonder into town try the sugar and spice restaurant and njoy kareoke bar where they make fab cocktails such as rainbow!! Will be definitely going back again!!!

Wished i'd booked for 2 weeks not one!

by TripAdvisor Member HOLLIDAYHOLIDAY

I have just come back from a fantastic holiday at the Majestic. I went for a week of relaxing, sunbathing and reading as I'd had a lot of problems back at home. I was really nervous as none of my friends could come so I ended up going on my own.

I shouldn't have been worried. There is a really nice atmosphere at the hotel greatly helped by Tarik and Ozzy at the bar and Fatih on reception. Guests and staff all looked out for me because of being on my own which was nice so immediately made me feel relaxed. (I'd been worried everyone would assume I was there for some wild turkish affair as I'd gone on my own!).

Everyone who stayed there seemed to have all been previously although they were commenting that there was less of a fun atmosphere due the large number of small children that seemed to be staying.

Turkish night at the hotel was excellent and well worth the 15TL. There was a variety of food and some fantastic break dancers. Expect to pay about £21 for the air con but it's well worth it.

The bar is normally open til about 3 or 4 in the morning and they play music all day which I loved but it is quite loud so bare it mind if you're not a fan.

My room wasn't great. The plumbing smelt a bit at certain times of the day and the paint was peeling off the walls but as I didn't spend much time in it, I wasn't bothered. Most rooms are have been done up but mine obviously wasn't one of them. A number of people did change rooms as there's were like mine and the hotel seemed to have no problem with this. They seemed to be happy to go out of their way to make your stay as good as possible. The cleaners are really friendly and do a sterling job of daily doing the rooms.

I will definitlely be returning but would recommend it to couples or groups and not particularly for families with small children as there were lots of older children doing back flips in the pool and playing water polo and stuff so it was a bit rough on the younger kids. There was also a really funny day where Oz wrestled most of the male guests poolside to see who would end up in. Very entertaining! Watch out....he does like to throw most people in the pool at some time during their stay!!!

At 4pm it's TEA TIME CAKE TIME. They wheel out some gorgeous cakes for 5TL (about £2.00) each. Really nice! Nice touch.

Good Location

Situated towards the back of Olu Deniz yet only a few minutes walk from the shops and restaurants, we found the position of the Majestic fine as it was quiet even though the entrance was on the main road. The hotel is itself is spacious and well laid out, the rooms and bathrooms are well equipped and of a generous size. Each room has a small balcony, some with mountain or pool views. There is a reasonable size swimming pool but we found the restaurant rather utilitarian and a bit stark. Breakfast was pretty basic and we didn't stay for the evening meal.
Our main comment would be that the staff we came into contact with were somewhat quiet and reserved rather than outgoing and friendly which is usually the nature of Turkish hotel staff. Perhaps because it was the end of the season? As we only stayed for three days and didn't use the hotel facilities very much, this did not affect us and maybe if we had used the bar during the evening and swimming pool during the day this would have been different. It would not put us off returning as it was good value for money.

The Majestic - a great hotel to stay at in Olu Deniz!

by TripAdvisor Member Fortlady

Before our holiday, the reviews we read about The Majestic quite put us off the hotel and made us wonder what we had committed ourselves to. Having just returned from a two week stay at the Hotel (B & B), we feel that the majority of the reviews we'd read beforehand were really unfair. The room we had, although small, had an ensuite bathroom, was well equipped and nicely decorated. The room was cleaned and tidied daily, the towels were changed daily as was the bed linen. The bedroom was equipped with a t.v. which had some English language channels and air-conditioning was also available in the room at no extra charge, unlike in other hotels we'd stayed at. As the hotel's in Turkey, Breakfasts were, unsurprisingly, not the traditional British type, but there was plenty of food available and it was nicely presented. The staff were very pleasant and worked hard, making sure that everyone had what they wanted. The only gripe we had was that Breakfast was only available between 08.00 - 10.00. An ealier start to each day would have been helpful, as my husband was paragliding and needed to be ready to take the first transport up to Babadag mountain at 08.30. thus making the start to each day rather rushed! We really enjoyed our stay at The Majestic and wouldn't hesitate in returning to the hotel nor in recommending it to others.

You get what you pay for but please read this.....

by TripAdvisor Member Nat1183

We went to Turkey for my Mums wedding. There were 6 of us staying at the Majestic for 2 weeks.

Firstly as you will notice from other reviews Tariq and Ozzy are local legends.

I can not fault Tariq and Ozzy at the Majestic they were fantastic.

I have advice for everyone staying at the Majestic tho....Get air con and shut your doors/windows the hotel bar is noisy dont stay here if you want a quiet night sleep. On our first night it went on till 2 o'clock and we were ready to leave but then we got air con and it was ok and in the end we thought, if you can't beat em join em and we had some very noisy nights at the bar!! If you want a good night out drinking and loud music this is the place for you.

Also PLEASE GET A SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX!!! We didn't and had about £300 stollen in lira. I suppose as this was our first proper holiday we decided we probably wouldn't need one. I will always get one in future. We don't know who stole the money.

The rooms are very basic me and my boyfriend got 2 single beds which was a pain even pushed together, we did ask for extra pillows and never got them. Our room wasn't that clean either although my brother and his girlfriend and my other friends all say theirs was fine.

Yes the breakfast is basic but is fine for a quick breakfast and not forgetting you have loads of cafes/restaurants near by who all do breakfast.

You get what you pay for at the Majestic if your willing to get involved and have fun then you should be fine.

Our fav bars were the HELP! bar. We also love CLOUD 9. The food is fab there.

My last advice is watch out for the dogs. The Turkish do not respect animals like we do in the UK. We saw 2 dogs fighting and turkish men bashing them round the head with bars and chairs to make them stop. I also saw a turkish taxi driver drive over and kill a dog. It was horrible. I wanted to make people aware of how they treat the dogs.

Overall we had a great time but would probably look at staying some where different next time. I would say if you were a group of younger people or enjoy loud drunk hoildays or you are hard of hearing this is just the place for you.

Majestic "More like Unregal"

by TripAdvisor Member monkeyhanger8

Date 16/05/08
Reviewer Monkeyhanger
I have just returned from my first ever holiday in Turkey at the "Majestic" in Olu Deniz, I had booked this holiday for myself and sister in law, for 1 week, we had requested twin beds and on a high floor. We arrived at 7.30am after a long and tiring journey to find the Reception was outside and that we had to ring a bell to gain access, we had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come. We were shown to room No.1 a double bed they thought we were a married couple! the room was not very clean and
we said we wanted what we had booked i.e a twin room with balcony over looking the pool. We were told we would have to wait 4 hours if we wanted to change rooms. Room No.2 was on the ground floor with only a brick wall for a view and not very clean. We were then shown to room No.3 well what can I say, on opening the door we were immediately hit by a damp foisty smell absolutely over powering, ok it was on a high floor and had twin beds but the bedding was very shabby, holes in the pillow cases and cigarette burns in the bed cover. The bathroom/shower room was a disgrace, the hand basin and taps were loose, the shower was filthy, with black funguson the tiles,shower head and hose, the shower organiser was filthy, covered in rust and soap scum unlikely to have been cleaned in years, the toilet seat was broken, the floor tiles were covered in the same fugus that was growing on the walls. The bedroom floor tiles were mostly beige but where broken ones had been replaced they were blue (what a mess). Above the bed were horrible sixties styled bedhead lamps complete with plastic shades one had a crack in it from top to bottom.
By this time were were really mad and took our suit casesand went to find another hotel, we were lucky and found the Belcehan Delux and what a week we had after the disappointment of the Majestic, the hotel was brilliant, our room was well appointed very clean the management and staff were EXCELLENT and couldn't do enough for us. So even though we had to fork out extra money for our second hotel it was money well spent and we had the holiday we had dreamed of.

Comments