Oludeniz Fethiye, Oludeniz, 8300, Turkey

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Mavruka Hotel

mavruka

by TripAdvisor Member julesyt

Just returned from this hotel, location is ideal with easy access to beaches, retaurants within a few minutes walk. The hotel itself is modern and very clean, rooms fair size, shower, tv,(2 english channels) minibar and free airconditioning - ask for pool view. The main hub of the hotel stems around the pool bar area with outdoor restaurant, the food is predominantly turkish rice salad meatballs etc. Staff are a good crack and may push you in the pool! Dont expect major nightlife at this resort its a place to relax and unwind and maybe try some water sports and paragliding. Its well worth watching sunset on the beach on the huge bean bags with a cocktail! Prices were not really that different to the uk for food and drink, activities however are cheap. Last thing there is a visa charge on entry to turkey of £10 each and it has to be sterling they wouldnt accept there own currency of turkish lira, weird ehh.

Jules

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tickledbyturkey

Have just returned from the mavruka hotel and had a great time! All the staff are lovely and friendly and you soon feel at home. I hope the owner realises what an asset his staff are and treats them accordingly! They certainly make the hotel a great place to stay. I went with my grandaughter aged 19 and we both had a lot of fun which says it all the place caters for all age groups and the location has something for everyone. We went on the jeep safari trip and had such a laugh.....amazingly cheap all day excursion with lunch included worked out to about £11 p.p. !
I hope to go back to the Mavruka and I know for definite my grandaughter will return. Have fun ;o)

Wonderful hotel in a perfect resort - By Louise and Mark

by TripAdvisor Member EssexLouise

Having just returned from Olu Deniz with my boyfriend, I have to say the Mavruka Hotel is the best hotel I have stayed in in the Med. We initially had our hearts set on staying at the Belchehan Deluxe but as this was not available we setteled for what we thought would be second best. Believe me it was not. The hotel is only 2 years old and it shows, it is spotless. Rooms are surprisingly spacious and the bathrooms are nice and large with a proper powershower which also came as a surprise. I have stayed in many hotels abroad which claim to be a 3/4 star and this tops the lot. Our maid came in every day and put flowers in our room, petals over the bed and made nice patterns with the sheets which was such a lovely touch.
All of the staff at this hotel worked so hard but are always smiling. Mo, Eboo, Hakkan and all of the lads who work so hard in the bar are such great fun and always up for a laugh, often opening the pool bar up for us in the early hours of the morning when we returned from a night out. We learnt lots of Turkish words and phrases from them which certainly helped us out during our 2 week stay.
We stayed on a B&B basis but ate in the hotel on the evening of Turkish Night and the food was splendid. Breakfast was what we expected it to be, eggs, salami, cheese etc so we were not disappointed and it was enough to see us through to lunch.
The pool is very clean and large enough to cater for all of the guests. It was so nice to be able to choose a bed around the pool and not have to put our towels out like in spain. There were always beds to spare and plenty of sun shades.

The resort of Olu Deniz itself was everything we could have asked for. It caters for those who want a quiet night and those who want to roll in in the small hours.
Eating out is a must so I would not recommend going half board or all inclusive. Restaurants I recommend are Kumsal Pide, Captain Hooks, Buzz Bar and best of all Bella Gusto which is the Italian on the beach front. If I was to go one step further I should insist that you order the Tordeno Steak in the Italian, a fillet to die for. (no 106 on the menu to be exact!)
The beach was a little disappointing as it proved very difficult to get in and out of the water due to the pebbles and stones and the lagoon was a total let down, but we were more than happy to spend our days at the hotel pool because it was such a pleasant environment to be in.
I would highly recommend one of the boats trips as they are such good value for money, about £4 for a whole day at sea and lunch thrown in. As for any other excusions I couldn't tell you as all we wanted to do was kick back and relax and that is certainly what we did .
We will definately be going back to Olu Deniz again and will make sure we stay in the Mavruka.

Nice quiet hotel

by TripAdvisor Member amirmarion

My wife and i had a great stay in Hotel Mavruka. Depends on what you like.....if you like a nice quiet hotel which is clean....this is the one for you! Breakfast is average but we enjoyed a few evening meals (real Turkish food) in the hotel but from all accounts some guests didn't.

Thankfully the hotel didn't have any noisy entertainment but i know some people do want this when on holiday. Several families moved to the Mavruka from other hotels in the area to avoid the noise. Don't get me wrong you can have loads of fun in and around the pool, but if wish to relax and unwind you can.

Oludeniz is very nice and the Turks on the whole are cool! The blue lagoon was a bit of a let down from the ground but amazing from the sky....don't expect real sandy beaches but the coast and landscape is beautiful.

What should you do? Tandem paragliding is amazing but be warned it's v v v v very extreme. The drive up is extreme enough and flight down is something else. The view down is worth the trip to Oludeniz alone. Do a boat trip we paid 6 pounds each for a day trip and food.......the day was great. You stop off in various stunning locations and jump in for a swim (the hot and cold springs are something else). We booked both of the above with Sky sports, they seem to have the best reputation in the area for paragliding. We paid 70 pounds each.

Restaurants to visit are Oyster (ate there 3 times) and the Sea Horse (once) both on the sea front. All the bars are good depending on what you like but make sure you have a drink on the bean bags on the seafront in the evening.

Last tip - on arrival to Dalaman airport make sure you have a 10 pound note each for visas. They only seem to take sterling and not Turkish lira....

Anyway enjoy and do the paragliding.......

Perfect sun holiday

by TripAdvisor Member dipdop

Just returned from Oludeniz staying at Mavruka for a week and it was great. The room was a good size and kept nice and clean. Air con at no extra charge was a god send as it hit 50 deg C one day (although i think the locals exaggerate the temp sometimes to give us Brits something to boast about when we get home!). Fridge in the room for keeping your bottled water cool. TV with about 8 channels - BBC world, Euronews were only english ones but what kind of people go on holiday to watch telly. Nice big bed which was very comfy. Bathroom very nice; large powerful shower - only have hot water in the evening though (due to solar heating). Plenty of wardrobe space - take your own hangers though. Security safe in the wardrobe can be used at £1 per day.

Breakfast served 8-10am and is typical selection of boiled eggs, bread, olives, cheese, cold meats, cereals, fruit, orange squash. Makes me laugh when people on generic hotel reviews moan about the lack of full english breakfast - go to Blackpool instead if thats what you want.
Coffee and Tea was fairly horrid though but easily avoided - some people even brought their own instant to breakfast.

Lunch snacks around the bar/pool were good and tasty. Usual pasta, pizza, salads, sandwiches. Drinks prices at the bar were typical of other bars in the resort. Barstaff very welcoming and friendly and happy to chat and a laugh.

Pool was large and kept clean. Shower and clean toilets by the pool also. Plenty of sun loungers, umbrellas to go round. Free pool table and table tennis.

Hotel is 1 minute walk to the main street in Oludeniz and 4-5 min walk to beach. Perfect location really in terms of access to shops, bars and beach without being noisy.

Would recommend Oludeniz and Mavruka mainly for couples looking for a weeks chilled out beach holiday.

As an aside, i would recommend Kumsal Pide reataurant (turn left at the beach) and Oba restaurant (near the craft stalls) to eat.
Buzz bar on the beach was good for cocktails and ibiza del mar music vibe. Help bar next door was also good and had some live blues a couple of nights.

The staff are just the best

by TripAdvisor Member simonsaysmerhaba

Well what can I say? This hotel is the best hotel I have ever been to!! The staff in the bar: Muhammmed, Hakan, Ebo, Mirac, Muchait and Sinan were brilliant. Hakan got knocked down by a car while we were there it was hilarious! The staff always talk to you and are so friendly. They're always up for a laugh and threw me in the pool on numerous occasions. The reception guys Metin, Wolkan, Ali and Dundar are great to talk to aswell. In the morning after I had been drinking the night before I always took the very short trip to reception to see them and have a chat. I just love every single one of these guys and will miss them loads. The hotel is not overly expensive but not cheap for things like drinks etc. The pool is really clean and big. The music played by the pool was a bit repetitive but good. The staff couldn't have been any better, by the time I went home we had become really good friends. The resort itself is very good aswell, however get used to been harassed by people from shops! I would recommend The Waterside Bar, the cocktails and staff here are great but not as good as Muhammed's cocktails at the hotel!!! Other places to go N-Joy, Turkish Pizza, Pepinos (in Hisaronu) and The Lemon Tree (the pie here is amazing)! And how could I forget CRUSOES!! The nightclub on the sea front is called crusoes and has a foam party every Saturday night, I would recommend it, me and some of the hotel staff went to one of them and it was fantastic. Go to this hotel you'll love it!! Say hello from Simon to all the staff haha!!!

Great little hotel in the centre.....

by TripAdvisor Member ladybuckland

We booked this hotel via a local recommendation as we were put in a 'dog kennel' in Hisaronu originally - further up the hill. Mavaruka is only 2 years old, and is very clean and has all facilities close to hand. Nice quiet pool area, with all modern conveniences. Credit card bar swipe, air. con (free), fridge, sat tv, and fabulius bathrooms (no baths). Kept immaculately clean by very smiley local ladies that will put flowers in your room and give you any extra linen etc, that you may need. Shame breakfast is a bit 'open air' as the flys tend to get to the scrambled eggs before you, unless you're there early 8-10am. But really a very comfortable and very well kept place - we paid £80 per night B and B for a room for 4 - so £20 each - very good value for the quality received.

Everything you could want from a small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ctacr

I stayed at this hotel my wife, daughter(17)and mother and all of us a great stay at this friendly clean hotel.
It is in a fantastic location central to to the bars and restaurants, the rooms are a great size and kept clean everyday and equipped with Tv,Fridge and hairdryer.
The pool was clean and tidy and during our week quiet.
All in all a great hotel which is the best we have stayed at in our 6 times visting the area.

clean and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member RickyJones

I stayed here with my partner in the first two weeks of September. The hotel is nice and small and a great, quiet place to relax and have some fun. As the kids were back in school, our stay was therefore slightly out of season, so this may have added to its relaxing charm.
We were in block 4 and I can’t speak highly enough of the cleaner, she was friendly with a smile to warm any heart and the rooms were spotless after her visit. Nice touches were imaginative arrangements of bed sheets and flower petals on the bed. If I could have, I would have smuggled her back home with me.
The hotel was clean throughout and benefited from a good sized pool. We never had any problem getting a sun bed, partly as the resort is mostly British, with Germans opting to stay elsewhere in Turkey.
The hotel is well placed, only seconds from the main resort area and only a few minutes to the main beach in Olu Deniz. (OD)
The hotel is modern ( I think only 2/3 years old) so the furnishings were good, TV, Fridge, Air con, powerful showers and plenty of storage space. All rooms appeared to have a small balcony. Hot water was mostly later in the day, but given the heat tepid morning showers were not a real problem. Again, I think the hot water issue is common to most hotels in the resort as they all seem to rely on solar heating.
The Food wasn’t too bad, it was mostly Turkish which is what we wanted from Turkey and on the whole it was pretty tasty. It’s a buffet style, help yourself affair so portions were to your own taste and there was enough to choose from. I’m a picky eater and was pretty happy overall, in fact the food was better than some of the meals we had in restaurants elsewhere in OD. Drinks are extra and your bar bill will soon add up with a large beer costing 7 lira (about £2.50) and a diet coke 3 Lira ( about £1.20) The prices appear to be the norm for OD.
I genuinely liked this hotel and would happily stay here again if I was ever to return to OD. The only minor niggle I can think of, is that whilst the hotel is quiet, the resort can be a little loud to sensitive ears until the early morning, and music from elsewhere can easily be heard at night. However, the (effective and included in the price) Air con will usually drown this out without any real problem. Like most modern hotels, if the person in the room above you, or next to you is noisy, then you can hear almost their every move.
If you want a pleasant, quiet, clean, friendly and well placed hotel in OD, then stay here.
On Olu Deniz its self, every one has different tastes and wants something different from their holiday. OD in all honesty wasn’t quite my own ideal, but that said I still had a great holiday. If like me you have great company, you will have a nice time here. There’s no doubt that it will be perfect for people with different taste to me, so it’s not a criticism, just an opinion. It’s a modern man made resort, so lacks the charm and sophistication of some Italian or Greek get a ways. That said its natural beauty goes someway towards what it lacked for me, especially if you take some of the day trips and see some of the lovely surrounding Turkish countryside. OD is totally geared to British tourists. The shops have the usually array of tourist tat, but there are a few nice shops thrown in too. Every thing is in English and you can get all the comforts of home, if that’s what your after then you won’t be disappointed. It’s a little bit ‘Blackpool on med’ but is compact size and general cliental meant it was no where near as bad in my eyes as some of the larger resorts geared up to Brits around the Med. That said, the resort was clean, friendly and happy and as I said I still had a great holiday. Some of the restaurants and bars did have charm in their decor and the views of the bay could be breathtaking, especially at sunset. There are some nice places to eat, either Turkish or British again it’s a matter of taste. In my opinion though, the worst ever Chinese restaurant in the history of Chinese restaurants, is China Sun by the beach, just don’t do it!!!

WONDERFUL FOOD = BEST MEAL ALL HOLIDAYWONDERFUL FOOD = BEST MEAL ALL HOLIDAY

ITS DARK IN BAR STREETITS DARK IN BAR STREET

Night outNight out

TURKISH FOLK DANCETURKISH FOLK DANCE

Leftover Lira - help!

by TraceyJ

Im going to Marmaris in a couple of weeks and have been given some Lira from a colleague that she had leftover from her last holiday. Unfortunately it is old lira - a 100 lira note, 270 cents in bronze coins and a silver 5 cent(?) coin. Can I get them exchanged anywhere or are they worthless to me? I realise its only pennies anyway, but it was nice of her to give them to me!!

RE: Leftover Lira - help!

by travelmad478

When did your colleague go to Turkey? It must be a while ago! I haven't ever seen an old 100-lira note. When I first went to Turkey in 1995, the exchange rate was already something like 250,000 to the US dollar. The smallest denomination I ever saw was 100,000 lira. And of course, that was before Turkey sliced six zeros off its currency a couple of years ago and reissued all the paper money. These days you might get a 100-lira note, but it's a new one (worth about USD 68). The old one you have is worth around 1/1000th of a US cent now.

Anyway, sorry, the answer is no, you cannot use that money anymore. All old money was pulled out of circulation one year after the new bills went into effect.

by TraceyJ

Thanks for your reply, the note is dated 1978 & the coins are dated around 1998/2000. Are they any good to any charities? I would hate to just throw them away.

by travelmad478

No, they're worthless. Sorry.

I think I was a bit off on my historical exchange rates (in case any Turkish VTers are reading this and yelling at me). In 1995 it was about 60,000 to the USD. Still way too late to see a hundred-lira note though!

by Sirvictor

Just keep the money as suvenier or collection. 100 TL of 1978 was good money at that time. My salary was 900 TL. Then come the inflation. All gone. have a nice time in Turkey. 99.9 % you will not be cheeted in Turkey but becereful or 0.01 %.

Comments