Mersoy Hotel

Kayabal Cad No 76, Icmeler, Mugla, 48720, Turkey

More about Marmaris

Someone put a funny (traditional) hat on me...Someone put a funny (traditional) hat on me...

Marmaris harbourMarmaris harbour

A street in MarmarisA street in Marmaris

Marmaris to Olu Deniz

by fionag30

We want to visit family for a couple of days in Marmaris whilst staying in Olu Deniz. Have booked a hotel in Marmaris for two nights and we are aware of the Domus bus service but would prefer to travel by boat or train. Can anyone advise us of the best way to do this. Appreciate any replies.

Re: Marmaris to Olu Deniz

by Nuclei

In this area of Turkey, it is most practical and economical to take DOLMUS.

Cheers

Re: Marmaris to Olu Deniz

by Sirvictor

there is no train connection between marmaris and fethiye. While in Marmaris please ask the gulet agencies if they take yo to fethiye. there are many gulets tracelling between marmaris and fethiye. chech in marmaris. On the other hand ı dont think that there is a dolmush between Mar. Fet. Please ask this also in Mar. Oludeniz is a place some 15- 20 kms away from the town of Fet. You must change at fet. The distance between Mugla and Mar ,s one hour. Mugla is the capital city of the region.

Travel Tips for Marmaris

Bus from Mugla to Marmaris

by balhannah

I did this trip in a Dolmus. The views on the section coming into Gokova are STUNNING!! The Bus climbs a Mountain, then coming down the other side you look down into a valley full of rich agriculture, rugged Mountains, the Sea, Villages with orange coloured roofs, it was so pretty, once again, I wished I wasn't in a Bus as the views were incredible and its so hard to get photos!
Near the Town of Gokova, the Bus was pulled over by Jandarma (Police in country areas) Make sure that you have identification on you. After checking everybody's ID., we were on our way again.
It was a little frightening, as I was the only English speaking person on the Bus, everybody else was Turkish and I didn't know what was going on. Now, you do!

TAXI FROM THE PORT OF MARMARIS

by balhannah

Taxi's are quite expensive in Marmaris. My Hotel told me to use one to get to the Port as it is quite a way, which it was, too far to walk, as it was on the outskirts of the city. My Taxi from my Hotel to the port cost 22t/l.

On the way back, I decided to do it differently. I caught a Taxi to Tansas which really isn't that far, and it cost 10 t/l, then a Dolmus back to my Hotel for 1.25 t/l, so I halved the original cost and it was just as easy.

Jeep Safari! A Must for the summer season around!

by MrOscar

DEPART : Marmaris : 09:00 Icmeler : 09:30
ARRIVAL : Marmaris : 17:00 Icmeler : 16:30
Includes : Jeeps, Transfer, Lunch, Insurance, Swimming-Breaks Petrol, Mechanic Service, Entrance Fees
Off-Road distances covering more than 100 km. Drive on dust and gravel surfaces, surrounded by red-black pine trees. Enjoy the swimming-breaks! A real Fun&Adventure trip for everyone!
Price 16 €u / 11 £