Park Metropol

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Icmeler's Worst Hotel

The stay at this hotel was misserable. NO AIR CONDITIONING. Poor english speaking skills. Was without water for a day. Had rust colored water for a day. The "all inclusive food" is a joke. TOTALLY A BAD HOTEL.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Unique Quality: Bad Air Conditioning

Poor English Speaking Skills by the employees.

Directions: Too far from the beach

More about Park Metropol

Park Metropol Hotel Now Abacus Complex

by TripAdvisor Member Dawn3738

We have just returned from the Abacus Complex and had a fantastic time.

My daughter (aged 8) and I, flew from Newcastle with Onur air and I really can't fault the airline service. meals were included in our package deal as were free unlimited soft drinks, tea and coffee. The duty free on the aircraft is around the same prices as what is on offer at Dalaman airport. The prices in the food hall there are very expensive, £3.50 for a cup of coffee, so would advise you where possible take some drinks and a snack with you otherwise you will be paying well over the odds.

I found the Hotel itself very clean, with staff working day and night. Our room was large and airy, with a small balcony, plenty of shelving and space for clothes etc . The room was cleaned and fresh towels provided on a daily basis.

I thought the food was brilliant.
For breakfast there was a choice of hot food, boiled eggs, or scambled eggs, hot dog sausages, beans, fried sliced tomatoes with cheese. Different cheeses, salami, sliced chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, olives etc. Fesh yoghurt with a large choice of different Jams maple syrup, honey etc, cornflakes, toast and if none of that is acceptable then there is always fresh and dried fruit on offer.

For Lunch there were at least 20 different salad dishes, as well as hot food such as soup, chicken, fish beef, meatvalls, fresh burgers and a vegetaian option on offer, and most times chips for the kids, so if it does seem repetiive, thats because there are so many different choices. I would say dinner is along the same l as lunch.

The alcohoI was locally produced and yes it's not your top brands, but seemed to do the job nicely as I went to bed very mellow on more than one occasion (smiles)

All the staff were fantastic with the children and really looked out for them. Security is very good with staff at the entrance and no child is allowed out without an appropriate adult. The pool area and pool is very clean. The entertainment on a night time is ok

The hotel is situated just off a main street and the bars and restaurants are only 2 mins away. I would say this hotel is more suited to families, and older couples, if your in the 18-25 bracket and looking for good night life then I doubt this hotel is for you, but saying that Marmaris os only a bus ride away.

The hotel is under new managment and you could see the managers daily, trying the food inspecting the pool area interacting with the guests etc, I would say this place can only get better.

Hope you have found this review useful.

loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member younghotwelshy

well what can i say!!!!!! wat an amazin holiday. i am17 and i went to the abacus complex from the 15 april to the 22nd with my 18 year old boyfriend.
we were a bit nervous after reading the reviews and as it was the first holiday away without my parents i was even more worried.
But we had nothing to worry about we got off the plane and the goldtraill rep was there to collect us and we set off on our 2 hour journey from the airport to the hotel .
we arrived at our hotel at about 7-30pm.

we loved the hotel and the rooms were lovely. we had alovely pool view. the pool was also lovely but was freezin!!! the weather was about 26 degrees so it was boiling.

the staffwere amazing and couldnt help enough. we often got hassled by the turkish people in town but thats expected there only trying to make a living!!!

we loved our holiday and i would jump at the chance to go back .
remember your in a different country so dont expect the ritz. the hotel and food was all fab and i loved it!!!!!

much better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member WashingtonHoods

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. The hotel is very clean. The room we had was a family room which was very large but quite basic, however this is all you need. The bathroom was clean and the maid came every day to clean and change towels, she even left them in the shape of a flower. Bathroom plugs are not provided as standard therefore if you prefer a bath to shower my advise is to take one with you.

The hotel staff were excellent and very friendly. They were very good with my children and the enternainment was good during the day and night. The pool area was pretty well maintained and there were sufficient sunbeds.

We had a turkish bath in the hotel, it is definately an experience but one not to be missed as I thoroughly enjoyed the pampering.

The food in the hotel was mainly limited to beef, chicken and fish, but was ok. There was a nice salad bar and if you have a sweet tooth there is plenty to choose from. We were in a party of 10 people, including children and not one of us complained of stomach upsets etc..

The hotel was located in the centre of the resort close to shops and resturants. The beach was only a short walk away and the hotel has its own private section on the beach.

We discovered that the hotel is under new mangement and it has really sharpened up its act. As a cheap and cheerful getaway I would definately recommend this hotel and resort. I would agree that this is not a four star hotel, but it is one of the better hotels in the resort

We booked our holiday through Goldtrail and had no problems at all. If you are choosing to stay at the abacus complex, make sure that you state to stay at the Metropol and not the Idas as this is the better of the 2 hotels in the complex and we heard some bad reports about the Idas.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but please don't expect a four star, I would say more like 3.

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member sarahd_11

After reading all the reviews on the hotel both me and my boyfriend were really worried about what it would be like when we arrived. When we arrived we were very shocked to find the hotel was very nice and clean....all the staff were really friendly and the food was ok. It was a fantastic week and we would deffinatly go back to the same hotel. It was a cheap all inclusive holiday and you basically get more then what you pay for!! Loved it!!

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member peter15

We went to the Abacus Metropole April 2007 and after reading some bad reviews we were not looking forward to it.How wrong we were the hotel is now under new management and we had a fantastic time there.They have a new chef and all new staff,the food was excellent,the hotel was spotless the staff were very helpful and polite,they employ some young Turkish boys to entertain the guests and they do a brilliant job.The hotel is in a prime position not too far from the beach and in the centre of Icmeler.The pool is a good size and kept very clean.i did not hear one complaint from the other guests while we were there,they all had a wonderful time.I will certainly go back to this hotel.We went with Goltrail and we found them as good as any UK travel company,the flight with Onur Air was faultless.Do not be put off by some old bad reviews as they no longer apply due to the new management.

Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member HODDITANDDODDIT

Just back from 1st time in Turkey with daughter and neice. Didn't know what to expect so was pleasantly surprised. Hotel excellent value for money, mostly British holidaymakers at this time of year. Family room basic but very clean and had small balcony. Pool good size and pool attendant (can't remember his name)works very hard to keep everyone happy and will move loungers and umbrella's to where you want, nothing is any trouble for him. Entertainment good fun with Shaggy, Musty, Robbie and Iceman, the entertainers. Bingo every night, quiz's, comedy sketches, karaoke, dancing etc, they make you feel really welcome and want to get to know you. Buffet excellent, with both hot meals and huge salad bar, wine on tap also. You must try the Hotel's Turkish Bath, it is an experience not to be missed, £20 includes, Turkish Bath and full body oil massage which takes over 2 hours, this helps your skin to be able to take the sun better. Turkish people are so friendly. Remember if you are Scottish, take English notes with you as you get a better rate for your money compared to Scottish Banknotes!!!!! Looks like we'll be back next year.

Very good value for money!!

by TripAdvisor Member redrob1669

My wife and myself booked this hotel in April 2007 for a one week stay 7th - 14th May 2007. We paid a little over £200 each which included flights, on board meals and transfers on an all inclusive basis.

I later read the reviews on the internet and we didn`t` know what to think because they varied immensely, from very good to very bad. We made up our minds that because we had paid only approx. self catering
prices we would have all our meals in local restaurants if the hotel food was inedible as some reviews suggested.

We flew out to Dalaman by Onur airways (Turkish) had a good flight although we thought that the flight attendants could have done with some UK training in certain areas.

When we arrived at the hotel we were quite pleasantly surprised, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and although the hotel decor is a little dated (1960s) it was very clean and so were all areas of our fairly large bedroom. The air conditioning worked, and although the fridge didn`t` it was repaired within the hour after reporting it.

As far as the food is concerned the breakfasts were Turkish (no full English here) but were plentiful and consisted of eggs, cheeses, various cereals, plenty of salads, fruit, fruit juices and tea and coffee. There was plenty of fresh bread and a toast maker for the various jams and honey on offer.

The lunch meals consisted of soups, casseroled meats (Chicken, turkey and beef) with vegetables and chips with plenty of fresh salads and cold meats We never tried the afternoon offer of coffee and cakes between 4 and 5 so cannot comment on this The evening meals
were similar to the lunch time servings and on one evening they had kebabs on the pole and also fresh pizzas. If I was to criticize the meals I would say a little more variation would have made them more interesting. Having said this we only had one meal out of the hotel in one of the numerous restaurants in Icmeler.

The all day alcoholic drinks on offer, comprised of a very good lager
beer - Tuborg - which is also sold in some of the local bars. The red
and white wines which were also available all day on a `help yourself` basis were very good and quite palatable

Local brandy, whisky and other spirits including Raki (ouzo) were also available as were fruit juices and plenty of chilled container water, tea and coffee.

This complex consists of 2 - hotels - The Metropol and the Idas across the road and are both easily accessible. Residents can use all the amenities of both hotels including meals and drinks.
Summarizing I would say that the complex offers very good value for the price we paid and we would probably go again because of its excellent position in Icmeler.

Both hotels had good clean pools for adults with small ones for the children. There was also a kiddies play area within the gardens although this required some serious upgrading.

Go on this holiday with positive thoughts as we did and we are sure you will enjoy it as most people around us agreed, and above all remember what you have paid.

Regards:- Patricia and Robin Johnson

So, So

by TripAdvisor Member JETLondon

Having travelled quite abit, I wasn't expecting great luxery at this hotel complex.
The upside was the food and drink were good, hot and plentiful.
Most of the staff were helpful , fun and worked very hard.
The downside, the rooms were very basic and needed updating and decorating.The bedlinen was so rough it made it hard to sleep. It is certainly a hotel for the young and families as the entertainment went on from morning to night, with pool games, football and kareoke.
The entertainment staff had lots of energy and were always on the go.
Not a place to really relax.
On arrival we were asked for £30 . £15 deposit for a safe deposit box and £15 for the room keys.
There were not any keys for the safe deposit boxes so we got our money back for that.
On departure we handed in our key and asked for our £15 deposit back. They gave it back in turkish rather than English. and refused to give it back in English even though we had paid in English. At that time Turkish money was no good to us.
There were several complaints going on at that time and there wasn't a manager or duty manager on site. Or a Rep!!

Fantastic Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member eck2go

This is my second stay in the Metropol hotel and once again we had a really good time. Before going back to this hotel I thought I would take a look at some of the reviews from other travellers. Well, all I can say that some of the people who have sent in really bad reviews must be the kind of people who you would not like to spend ANY time with whether on holiday or out for a nice time at the local cemetery!
The food was good with a huge variety, there was a different meat dish every lunchtime and evening, there was a massive variety of salads, cold meats, cheeses and sauces, I am not a "pudding" type but the rest of the gang had a good dollop of cakes, freshly cooked pancakes and fruits. The breakfast was a continental type but there were also scrambled eggs and beans.
If you expect fried bacon, sausage, fried eggs, baked beans & tomatoes for breakfast and if you expect steak and kidney pie with chips for lunch and if you expect roast beef, mashed spuds, carrots & peas for your evening meals, I would suggest that you bug*er off to Blackpool for the week! YOU ARE IN TURKEY FOR GODS SAKE.
The “animation team” were full of fun, well done to Shaggy, Robbie, Musty and especially Iceman; he is a true professional and a very witty guy. They did try their hardest to get everyone involved but if you said no they left you alone and NEVER pestered you. They organised water polo, poolside games and competitions, American pool competitions and darts games.
The entertainment at night was not the best show in the world but I have seen and had to pay for a lot worse.
The hotel itself was spotless, the bar staff and waiters were very polite and we had a good laugh with most of them.
The room we stayed in was clean, well furnished and everything in it worked, most of MY time in the room was spent either sleeping or getting ready for the day ahead or evening out. No the hotel is not a 4 star by European standards but please do not forget that we are not paying 4 star prices.
All of the holiday makers, I wished to talk to, were having a good time some of the ones I did not want to talk to were moaning constantly (there was only one couple doing this by the way).
The maids cleaned the room daily, they must be telepathic, no matter whether we had a late start or early start when we got back to our room it was completed and always with a different arrangement on the beds.
If you have booked to go to this hotel and you like a good time you will enjoy your stay please do not be put off by the bad reviews they are simply not true.

Comments