3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 144% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Yel Holiday Resort

fab time

by TripAdvisor Member clarrissa47

We had a lovely time at the Yel Hotel. We were made to feel really welcome and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The food was great and the staff were so soo friendly and really helpful. The entertainment was what we enjoyed the most. I recommend everyone to go and we hope to go back next year. Clare and Malcolm.

Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member KattyP3

After reading the reviews i decided to choose this hotel as they were all good and i am so glad i did! I had a amazing holiday the hotel is lovely and clean! The staff are very kind and friendly. We spent most of the day around the pool and took part in the pool volleyball tournment which happened everyday with some of the staff, it was real good fun!
I went with my boyfriend, i would recommend it for couples as it was mainly couples there but would recomend this hotel to anyone as we had such a good stay.
The dolmus is so handy! You have to walk a short 2min walk to the main road and just wait and flag one down as they go past. They are cheap and safe! There are resturants a short walk from the hotel but we tended to head into Hissaronu and Olu Deniz both places had lots of choices for eating and drinking!

It was both mine and my partners first time in turkey and i really enjoyed it i loved how hot, it was perfect for getting a good tan! The hotel was lovely i had an amazing holiday thanks to the Yel Holiday Resort.

Absolutely awesome hotel the staff make it a fab hol cheers Muhmet!

by TripAdvisor Member andywhite24

Went to the Yel hotel last Sunday (24/6/09) booked on the friday last minute and got a great deal from thomas cook, me and my wife for 1 week 600 quid all inc. booked it packed it fooooked rite off. On arrival we were greeted by yet another friendly turkish guy he took out cases to the room and we got free air conditioning for the week. The location is great its just out the way from the hustle an bustle of hisaronu but only 2 mins on a dolmus to the centre of hisaronu. Me and my wife have been to Marmaris/icemeler/gumber/kusadassi and hisaronu/oluz deniz by far the best. The pool is huge the bar is very quick service with a smile and drinking effes lager all day was great. The bar manager Muhmet was a lovely guy always smiling and laughing and joking and the bar lads were just as fun. They are excellent with the kids also. The entertainment isboss aswell they have a guy called Ali kebabi who does flame eating amongst other things. There is an underground nightclub which is a good laugh once the free ale stops at 11pm. A pint of effes is 4lira so u dont mind paying that when youve been drinking it free all night. Would definitely go back and have got the detailsof the hotel so if i come across cheap flights to dalaman i know were im going to stay.
cheers Muhmet from Andy in Liverpool

Great Staff, nice clean hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member wombat32

My partner and I stayed at the Yel Holiday Resort in Ovacik for a week in mid september. The most important thing here, is the staff, they are incredibly friendly and helpful and made our stay for us. Nothing is too much trouble! The hotel is spotlessly clean and the cleaners change the towels and make your beds every day. We were bed and breakfast, and the breakfast was your typical Turkish breakfast, olives, cheese, ham, eggs and bread with coffee, tea and juice. I think there was a bit of cereal on offer too, but I don't think it's the same as we have over in the UK so probably best to stick to the bread etc.

THE best restaurant is one mentioned earlier here - it's on the border of Ovacik and Hisaronu and is called '3 Cheers'. Don't be put off by the name - this is Turkish Cuisine at it's best. I defy anyone not to go back for more the next evening!!

Ovacik is relatively calm compared to Hisaranu, which is basically like England, so good to pop into to, but not much culture in there. Fethiye is the place to go if you are looking for real Turkey and the beaches in Olu Deniz are to die for!

If you do an excursion, go down to Fethiye and hop on a boat to the 12 islands. We made the mistake of booking this through our rep and were ripped off big time! Over charged and when we got there it was packed and there was nowhere to sit, so we jumped off and found a nearby boat which was a sailing boat and was AMAZING!! It was run by a company called: Kardesler 3 - look out for them. But try and get on the sailing boat - not the double decked boat, There's more room and it's great to sunbathe. We paid for 20 lira (£10) for the whole day, including lunch - which was beautiful. The best day!!

Also, you must make the climb to the Rock tombs in Fethiye - they are just breathtaking, and the views up there are fantastic. Finally, do not miss Kaya Koy! It's an abandoned village and i've never seen anything like it in my life. Make sure you spray lots of insect repellant though - you will get bitten!

Two things about the hotel to watch out for! the floors when it rains get REALLY slippy and waterlogged. I slipped and tore ligaments in my thumb and my boyfriend fell down the stairs and whacked his elbow. be cautious if it's be raining! You WILL slip, espeically in flip flops. Also, the free bus that takes you to the lagoon, is a deal with that private beach on the lagoon itself - you cannot go to another beach and then get on that bus - they won't let you!!

Overall, a FANTASTIC holiday. Yel resort is definitely recommended.

Good Craic :D

by TripAdvisor Member Michal0

I went to Yel hotel with my older brother. We are 19 & 20 years old lads and all we wanted was all-inclusive bar, sun tan and good nightlife. And honestly we got all of that. We met amazing ppl over there, Timeout club in Hisranu was really great (i miss the music they played over there (move move shake shake :D). But lets get back to the hotel. It was amazing, really small hotel, quiet at night (at least for us, bc we were back at like 4am nearly every single night ;>). Hotel staff is really fantastic, all of them are friendly from the first day. Ali was good at entertaining us every night. Disco was a bit quiet, as its mostly family/couples resort so not to many ppl even went over there. But there were buses going till 1am to the town, so you could get enough drinks in the bar before 11pm and then go to the town to Timeout or Barumba.

+Food was good enough,. but...

+Gin&sprite with ice was excellent.

+Rooms were nice with free air-conditioning that you could control from your room.

+Really family atmosphere and staff talk & smile to everybody they meet

+Swimming pool was great, the slide was awesome especially when u used matress or sun bed ;>

+People that I met over there were really amazing! (young crowd- Sam, Nicole, Even, Lauren, Chris, Joanne, *17yo girl (??) ;), 16yo girl (??) ;>, (& their mums or parents :D) and the older Girls (Audri? Claire Judy?) Staff (Ali, William, Memet, Muhmet?, Yurdagul, and the other girlz& lads) And of course all older Scots that were really funny to drink with and talk to :)

I miss all of ya! ;)

I recommend it to young people like me. :)
Michal (Michael, Mike, Mich, Micheal, etc. ) :D

Yel is a good value resort

by TripAdvisor Member billmorgan9

We flew on the first globespan flight from Aberdeen to Dalaman and at £500 each all inclusive at Yel Resort we found it great value for money.
Food was excellent and drinks were what you would expect for the money(local wines beers and spirits).
Only problem was the unexpected cold rainy spell as night entertainment outside.
Staff very friendly and location was better than neighbouring Hisuranu(Blackpool?)

Great Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jinxster

My wife and I got back yesterday from a week at the Yel. Although the sun has been shining today, we wish we were still there!! For less that £60 B&B for 7 nights (although most of the first night was travelling, arrived at 04:30hrs at the hotel!!) you really can't knock it. We also had free Air-con, maybe as it is cooler they presume we wouldn't use it!

As has been mentioned, the Breakfast is not full English (but seriously, who can eat one of those every day?!!). But there is more than enough selection to have something different most days.

The hotel staff were great, always helpful and friendly. The maids certainly like their towel displays. On one occasion it got very grand (see photo), possibly because they found out it was my better half's birthday!

The pool area is great too, all you need for a day of sunbathing!

The noise, which has been previously mentioned, wasn't too bad for us. It didn't go on too late. The barking dogs that have been mentioned in other reviews seem to have been replaced by a cat and her 5 kittens (although we only once saw all 5 together!!). They were very entertaining, and quiet!!

The location is ideal for getting out and about to see the area, although (as others have mentioned) it is on a hill so can be tiring getting to it, but It does have disabled access (though still awkward), so not completely written off to those in wheelchairs.

For those wishing to take in a bit of Turkish life, scenery and history there is plenty to see and do. We went on one of the many day boat trips (again as previously mentioned, go to a local agent, do not buy through your holiday rep. The same trip will be half the price!). We went on the Oludeniz Boat trip as it included a trip to Butterfly Valley! Unfortunately our Captain forgot to visit it!! Although a little disappointed to miss the whole reason we chose this particular trip we still had a great day with a good group of fellow holiday makers! St Nicholas Island gave a spectacular view of the surrounding coastline!

For those with a bit of cash to spare and even more adventurous, hire a little 4x4 for a couple of days. We enjoyed the extra freedom it gave us (although the Dolmus's are very good and cheap). We used Hamish McTurk in Hisaronu (AKA the very friendly Hasan) for our Hire Car. A word of warning, fuel is very expensive in Turkey, approx £1.55 per litre while we were there!!!

If you hire the car and have a steady hand and a head for heights, head down to Oludeniz and take the coast road to Kabak. It's an experience!!! Don't get caught out like us, give yourselves plenty of time as Kabak is a dead end! The road does not continue as it looks like it does on some maps.

Other places worth a visit include Kayakan the Ghost Village. A very weird, spooky but wonderful experience. The photos may speak for themselves. We ate at the Istanbul in the section of the village which has come alive again! Very nice Turkish food (although English food is on the menu) run by a lady from Lancashire (sorry, forgot to get her name!).

Also a trip to Xanthos is worth it for those that like Roman history then stop off at Saklikent Gorge on the way back! (Tlos is supposed to be worth a visit too, but we ran out of time!).

Fethyie has to be worth a journey. The big Tuesday Market is a bit mad, glad I went, but probably wouldn't do it again! Too much "cheap as chips", "lovely jubbly" and "Asda Price" for me and everything is "genuine fake"!!! Although the highlight for me had to be a young lad (8-9 ish?) dressed in a brown suit, white shoes, shirt, tie and waistcoat saying "I love you tourists, I love your money"! Instead of this market, take a walk up to the Rock Tombs for the spectacular view before dropping down into the Old Town and a stroll through the Fish, Fruit & veg and Bazaar markets. Much more like I thought Turkey should be! Visit Nefi's Pide Restaurant, behind the Mosque in the Old Town. Great food and friendly Staff (to be honest, just about everyone in Turkey is friendly!!). The Pide (Turkish Pizza) is my new favourite fast-food! Hope I can find somewhere that makes them in the UK!!

Finally, a visit to Calis Beach just up the coast from Fethiye has to be worth it for the Sunset. We had front row seats at the Bambu Bar & Restaurant for the sunset of the holiday! Great food too!

All in all a great holiday.

Just an addition, although the Holiday Rep tours were a bit of a rip off, the holiday rep herself (Mel from Falcon) was very good. Friendly and lots of good advice, including suggesting possible mix ups with the language (like saying "Hiya" all the time could cause confusion as it sounds like Turkish for "no"! Or the pronunciation of Turkish for fish could be taken the wrong way!!).

Also, try to say a few things in Turkish like please "lewtfen", thanks "sa ol" (thankyou is way too complicated for me!). The Turkish people really appreciate it and treat you even better as I don't think many tourists try!

Very Dirty bed linens and towels !

by TripAdvisor Member travellers278

It is quite interesting that people find this hotel very clean, cos it is not !!! Best thing about the hotel was the garden, it had many nice plants. However the bed linens and towels were worn out and were very dirty.

brill hol

by TripAdvisor Member moggywiz161

6th may till 14th may. We arrived at early hours service was good from the start, Even phoned our room to ask if we needed anything to eat and to inform us of the breakfast times, It had just reopend on the 1st may and is now AI. The rooms and every where was very clean. the Staff were hard working and very helpful. the food was the best I have had on AI we managed every meal and no tummy upsets which is good for me. As we fly with fly globlespam we had no rep. But it was cheaper to book our own excursions we did this through EVERGREEN in Oludeniz also recomend you book a meal at the Angel bar in Oludeniz there is an elvis show there every sunday its brill. there is mini buses running every 5 mins to diffrent places and only costs a couple of pounds, The only down fall of the holiday was the entertanment or the lack of it I should say.. As he was so full of himself and was only intrested in promoting his fireshow on a tues and wow I hav seen better and she was so false kwew nothing but other wise we had a good time and made some good friends we became the naughty corner would return

Staff were brilliant especially Memet and Ali

by TripAdvisor Member nickyryan

we flew out to dallaman on the 17th of may got to the hotel at night time, room was lovely towels arranged o the bed all clean. we was allinclusive, food was great had a lot to choose from. Rained for the first three days we were there in which we sat by the pool waiting for it to stop =[ Ali the entertainer was very good at obviously keeping us entertained throughout our stay. In the restaurant the staff were very friendly, always on hand for anything you want, it was also clean at all time and a good standard of food.Memet the bar manager couldnt do enough to help you we thought he was brilliant throughout our stay.

we would like to say thanks to Memet and Ali for making our stay enjoyable and would deffinaly go back there.

selimiye bayselimiye bay

MR COOK RESTAURANTMR COOK RESTAURANT

Marmaris divingMarmaris diving

WHAT THE HELL IS THATWHAT THE HELL IS THAT

English Money

by studdrudd

i have been told by a few people that is best to use £10 english notes when in turkey.does any 1 agree and if so could you explain why.if not pease can you inform me on the best way to have currency in marmaris.many thaks

by a_aaron83

i have never heard such things. i am in turkey. the lira is the way to go. people will take foreign (desirable) currency only to exchange it for lira, so in that case, i would take your 10 pounds, insteado of liras.

by Ortakent

the turks really like english money as the can get 2.75 lira (i think) to every english pounds so it is recommended to take some sterling or sterling checks as you can get things a lot cheaper, also take some euros as most airports in preporation for going in to the euro do all of the prices in the euro it is so much more expensive to convert it to lira and purchase it that way. I have just flew back from Turkey on tuesday and i wish i knew this information before i went i could have saved a lot of money. I hope you have a fantastic holiday, i loved turkey and i am sure you will to!

by traveloturc

Hi
Nobody is interested with the eglish notes they are only interested with the buying power of any currency which is for the time being for this second
USD:1.55 YTL Euro:1.96 YTL pound:2.84 YTL
This figures can change in every minute as it is in any country of the world.
As you can imagine pound doesnt have any special place its is valuated according the parity of USD or Euros .

by studdrudd

thnk you for your advice but wht woul you recomend.if lyra would it e better to exchange it over there

by Tdiver

Change it in Turkey you will get a better rate normally and use the change offices or car rental places,as they usually are higher.

by traveloturc

Hi
Yes I think that it will be better to change in Turkiye
because banks in England try to have bigger commission
regards

by coscon2004

Don't use Sterling or foreign currency. Especially when shopping. Change it into Turkish Lira (in Turkey the rate is better and the commision is lower as in the UK).

by rachel_sun

You need a english £10 when getting your Visa at the Airport in Turkey. In the resort you need Turkish Lira and Sterling. Lot's of people like Sterling as it does not devalue like the Lira....

by Carole174

Hi I would recommend u take more english money as turkish when you are bartering most shops ask if you are paying in english or turkish & you get a better bargain if its english. If you do want to change into turkish lira then you can do so on a daily basis as it changes from day to day but we found we didnt have to change much cause if you pay for a meal in english you get change back in Turkish so you always have some local currency for places like the super markets.

Comments