Sarigerme, Sarigerme, Turkey

More about Holiday Village Turkey Sarigerme

A Village Too Far

by TripAdvisor Member jess024

I have just returned from a 2 week Vacation to the Holiday Village Turkey with my Husband and 2 1/2 year old son.
Although we originally booked to go to the Asteria Hotel in Side (Turkey) we were informed 1 week before departure that Major Building works would be taking place to a neighbouring hotel which would cause large scale disruption to our holiday and therefore given the opportunity to move hotels, however due to the short notice an alternative in that area of Turkey could not be found. Hence the reason we ended up at this location, althought a little apprehensive we arrived at the Holiday Village with a "Glass is Half Full" attitude. Our first impression of the Hotel was "Wow" and again the same thing was said when we arrived at our room, very Clean with a lovely king sized bed, we were allocated a room with a Kids Den (Althought the Kids Den was nothing special) but still very nice. Our disapointment started when we opened the patio doors to discover a Beautiful View of a Building Site we felt that we had swopped one building site for another (First Choice obviousily forgot to mention this at the time).
Cleaning Staff worked really hard, we had clean towels everyday and we found them really fiendly (A bikini went missing from our room which I spoke to the Hotel Rep about, I was hoping that it had maybe been taken by mistake, never did get it back).
The Hotel grounds were Absolutely Beautiful and we found that the Gardeners worked exceptionally hard at maintaining them.
Our Major complaint about this Holiday had to be the food, we found that nothing actually complimented each other and things like Pureed Vegetables appeared on the menu daily, on two occassions we returned chicken that was not properly cooked. Very bland and repetative and not like a Restaurant at all more like a Cheap Canteen, have to say that we found our fellow country Men and Women (British) acted like gluttonous pigs that had never seen food in ther lives, pushing ang barging. There was a constant queue we found the best time to eat was around 9pm.
This Hotel has 3 A La Cart Restaurants Turkish, Italian and Indian, we found that those people staying for a weeks holiday were not able to make a reservation as 2 week stayers had already taken the tables, I would say that they actually had a very lucky escape as we tried all three and would describe the food as awful and staff in the Al La Cart Restuarants as rude. Alot of complaints were made to the Holiday Reps about this issue who didn't actually seem to care.
On a positive the best place to eat was the Beach Bar where you can get lovely Ice Creams and snacks (Try the Yengen which is a Sandwich filled with Salami, Sausage and egg and it's made while you wait, this Bar never seemed to get really busy which was nice.
Due to the location of the Holiday Village being particularly remote we found ourselves wandering around the the grounds night after night as the evening entertainment was somewhat tedious, in the 2 week period I would say that the Turkish Evening was the highlight which takes place on a Saturday, the local market sets up on the hotel grounds and you get the opportunity to ride on a Camel (Be Warned this cost around 30 YTL or £12 for a 5min Ride). We did catch a Taxi to Sarigerme (7 YTL) although it was a change from the Hotel it didn't have much to offer a few restaurants, shops and bars (Nice to escape for an hour though).
Lots of Pools to choose from but found the water absolutely ice cold, we didn't have a problem with sunbeds plenty to choose from, but there were still those people who appeared to get up at the crack of dawn to lay their towls out even though this is against Hotel policy.
There is a Beach nearby but not really suited for families, the area was very windy which meant you couldn't use a parasol for shade unless you want to take off, the Sea was very rough and deep from the onset no good if you have young ones.
We found alot of hiden costs attached to this holiday if you wanted to play a game of football, Tennis or Basketball you had to pay, and due to the simple fact that you are located in the middle of no-where and the hotel owners are aware that they have a captive audience the prices of everyday items doubles.
All-In-All this was the worst holiday that we have ever been on and can safely say we will not be rushing to the Travel Agent to book for next year.

Very good if a little disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member cornished

I stayed at the HV from 3rd-10th September. We absolutely loved it. The rooms, pools, restaurant, bars, and staff were all lovely.
The room comfortably slept 4 people - we had a jacuzzi suite and the beds are massive! Nice balcony but it was a little bit small if there are four of you - and only two chairs. Rooms were always immaculately clean, maids are nice and friendly enough too.
You get one big bath towel and one smaller hand towel per person in your bathroom on arrival, which is a nice touch.
You also get towel cards for big blue towels for the pool/beach, which you can change each day. However we found that it was helpful to take a couple of towels more just in case we went on any boat trips or wanted to pick our sunbeds out from the sea of blue towels!
Pools are lovely, there is a huge one with water fountains and one adjacent which has three water slides, excellent for kids. We went down to the beach only once during the week, the water was way too rough to swim in, I nearly got dragged off my feet. Very windy too, but if you're by the pool this isn't a problem. We were in room 5108, just round the corner from a little quiet pool, which the kids loved. You would not believe the size of the wasps out there. Massive red and yellow things. I nearly had a heart attack! My 6 year old nephew stood on a dead one by the pool and got stung, but they don't really bother you flying about, they're really only after the drinks out of the glasses people leave around on the little stands dotted around the hotel.
Restaurant was fine for what it is, bog standard all inclusive canteen type place. However it did seem that the waiters and waitresses were more interested in walking around not making eye contact and sharing personal jokes with each other than actually clearing up.
Food was varied, we had a turkish night, chinese night, indian night, as well as stuff like chips and pizza for the kiddies.
Desserts were out of this world, I think I put on about three stone, loads of chocolate, ice cream and fresh fruit. Yum! The bar in the restaurant was fine too, only one bartender but you could go back as many times as you liked for drinks.
Bars were fine, they did run out of wine and vodka on occasion, but only for about 20 minutes, and you could always have something else instead.
The staff were all fine, there were loads of first choice reps all wandering around, and the waiters loved the kids, so friendly.
Entertainment was okay, the shows we saw were good, and the bingo and quiz in the pool bar was always fun - Adam and Ollie are brilliant. At one point Adam made a cheeky remark about Ollie, who then came back and tipped Adam right out of his chair. Hilarious stuff, the crowd was always in stitches.
Now the criticisms - there aren't very many.
Everything but everything you have to pay for. The all inclusive is rooms, food and drink, that's it.
Stuff like bowling, video games, pool, air hockey, you have to pay for. All activities like the kids club, high wires, you have to pay for. Premium brand drinks you had to pay for - this was fine because the local vodka, rum, and malibu is nice enough.
Not good imho for a 4 star inclusive.
A la carte restaurants - what a joke. As other people have said, we went to the lady to reserve them on our second day, only to be told that they were all fully booked all week. Yet when you walked past them at night they were always half full. One lady on another review did say that she visited them twice - what was that all about?! It's a ridiculous system, you should only be able to reserve them on the day, maybe by telephone.
We did get a taxi to the Sarigerme market on the sunday, it's the usual marquee affair, all the same 'quality fakes' shoes, tshirts, bags and watches, some good bargains to be had. Taxi five euros each way, plenty of taxis about. The hotel's turkish night on the saturday is good too, they had a stall selling copied dvds of all the latest films, and our kids had a ride on a camel - again another thing you had to pay for!
Lastly I cannot stress enough do NOT book any trips through first choice. Go to Sarigerme tours in the village - they are easily found if you google. You can see a list of the trips they do and the prices. 50% less than the trips FC are offering.
We did the 12 islands boat trip, which was superb, the boat was half full, the guide (Emre) came on the boat with us and was great with the kids. The stops they do are amazing, you go to an underwater city where you can stand on the walls, cleopatra's supposed turkish bath were you can bathe in it. Plenty of fish if you're a snorkeller, and a man comes alongside in his little speedboat and sells ice creams, and a man with a banana boat anchors too and does trips. Make sure you take plenty of factor 30 plus though, I did and still got a bit burnt. The kids really really enjoyed it, by the end the crew were taking turns to throw my 6 year old nephew from the boat, he absolutely loved it and managed to lose one of his armbands on one throw. The crew member saw this and jumped right in and grabbed my nephew and then swam to the armband and put it back on him.
I cannot recommend it enough, it was the highlight of my holiday.
Mozzies weren't really a problem, I had one bite all week, the rest of my party didn't have one between them. We used the jungle formula lotion.
All in all an excellent holiday. I would definitely go again, but I'd take more spending money next time, just to be prepared.
I'd give it 9/10. Any questions please feel free to email me.

Brilliant!!

by TripAdvisor Member ItalianBlondie

I couldn't fault this hotel at all. It was the first time I'd been to Turkey and this hotel really impressed me.

I went with my boyfriend and although the hotel is specifically tailored to families rather than couples, we still had plenty to do and found the attractions and activities were placed with both families and couples in mind. We picked Sarigerme as the holiday package we'd picked had everything we were after and the transfer from the airport was only 20 minutes.

The resort is huge and was probably full to capacity while we stayed there (we guessed around 700 people +) there are numerous pools (all of which were very slightly too cold to stay in for more than 20 minutes or so, despite the hot weather)!

I was impressed with the decor in the hotel, quite posh in most areas and the cleanliness was impeccable. We stayed in a Select Room which had a jacuzzi bath and nice comfy bathrobes were supplied. The sheets and towels were changed every day and all of the hotel staff were very approachable and friendly. Around 90% of them speak very good English and actively engaged you in conversation.

The all-inclusive ended at midnight, after which you could buy drinks on a room tab; we found that we didn't need to use it as we had taken advantage of it all day. Most of the drinks supplied at the bar are fizzy drinks, beer and there are dispensers with fruit juice, water and hot drinks available. I think bottles of water should have been provided though, to assist in re-hydrating yourself by the pool rather than the small glass fulls you had to keep going back for. All the alcohol is locally produced but they didn't have a full range if it. They told us they didn't have any rum, although we later saw on the inside bar that you could buy rum, it just wasn't free.

The poolside bars were great but on busy nights, didn't have enough staff on to cope with the demand. The inside bar supposedly shuts at 1am although twice they stopped serving at 3 minutes to ( much to some people's annoyance).

The food was lovely. Varied and plentiful. Don't forget, when you go to a Mediterranean resort, they cook a few oily dishes and their desserts are BEYOND sweet! (A quite sickly sugar and lemon solution you do actually get very quickly used to!). The only complaint we had was not having been told early on to book reservations the minute we go there. There are 3 a la carte restaurants (Indian, Turkish and Italian) that serve very small portions, we tried to book in on the Wednesday for the rest of the week (after arriving on the Monday) and were told apart from one booking in the Turkish restaurant (which was lovely) they were fully booked. Because we had only gone for a week, we felt we were missing out on everything the hotel had to offer.

Eventually we got to book into the Italian which was actually quite disappointing, which was the worst meal we had there I think. The buffet restaurant caters for absolutely every tastes with starters, mains and puddings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I particularly enjoyed the Turkish night they put on for us and enjoyed trying all the food. The buffet restaurant staff are very efficient, almost too efficient...taking your plate before you've put your fork down sometimes!!

Ooohhh!! And I highly recommend the dough-balls they serve up at the pool bar at 5pm! They're fattening and sickly sweet but dangerously addictive!! As a result I have come home with a dough-ball belly of my own!!!

The only drawback I could see to this resort is that it is situated in the middle of nowhere near a very quiet town. We walked into the tiny village one day (about 20 minutes or a short 7 lire taxi ride away) and found a few tacky tourist shops and a handful of bars/restaurants which didn't appeal to us as an alternative to the resort. If we had gone away for 2 weeks I think I could have quite easily got a bit bored there. There is always an alternative to go to Marmaris shopping, that's where all the huslte and bustle is, but I felt it was a bit too far to go for a night out.

The market there on Sunday mornings is an experience! My boyfriend did the haggling and we got ourselves some very cheap 'knock-off' bargains but the market stall blokes are VERY pushy and cheeky! The holiday reps walk you down there once a week but we went on our own ( you can't miss the village).

The hotel provides other activities that you can book through them, like Scuba Diving (but my boyfriend booked his lesson through the village tourism centre as it was a lot cheaper) and you can also book Turkish baths through the village but we had ours through the hotel, purely for convenience sake.

I hope this gives you a good idea of what you'll be letting yourselves in for. I'd definitely go back there, or to another holiday village resort. Top Marks!!!

nice family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member HolidayHoliday13

we went to the holiday village from the 01st September - 15th September 2007. their was 4 adults (2 grandparents) and 2 kids 3 1/2 yrs and 5 months.
there was plenty to do for adults and children sports activities, water sports, lots of pools of all depths and 3 of the pools with slides. which the 3 yr old enjoyed and us. we also went to the other side 'tropical' bit quieter not as busy not all English people like ‘ Pegasus’ they was all friendly and smiled. Went for change and bigger slides and different entertainment. There was lots wasps and the really big ones. I really don’t like them, screamed and ran. After a few days got used to them buzzing round after drinks that get left around pool, or on little shelves scattered around . We didn’t get bit to bad, all got a few bites.
ENTERTAINMENT: There was lots of different entertainment lots of different shows at the amp theatre and also at the ‘tropical’ spoke several languages. Both kids and adults entertainment. The pool bar was ok they also entertained the adults and kids. Staff always had a laugh enjoyed winding each other up. There was quiz’s, bingo entertainment and singer on most nights but could have done with a change, as there was the same turn on most nights.
Kids club was ok. She enjoyed them, except on one occasion let my child go to sleep at the beginning, getting them to lie down when they first got in instead of joining in the kid ‘chocolate party’ then made it look like she had had some by smearing it around her lips. when picking her up We seen this and also my child can speak!
We also went to the beach , made it very difficult with push chair and sea was a bit choppy weather all holiday was lovely and warm .
The market in sarigerme on Sundays was a nice morning out shopping but very repetitive selling similar things. It cheaper at far end so buy on your way back! And if was to go again I’d just take English £ as it was cheaper to buy things the only thing we used lira for was to buy bingo tickets.
Hotel rooms was ok, nice, maids come everyday. Had towels in bathroom. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. didn’t have any problems, thought card systems worked well and for towel card but sometimes we had one that disappeared when someone would take it because they’d lost one so they didn’t have to pay out £10 for loss.
All staff was friendly most Turkish staff could speak good English and first choice staff about, helpful and friendly. They loved children and babies.
FOOD AND DRINK: there are different choice of drinks, sure to, like one of them out of them all.. Can get one when ever you want one. Bars scattered around complex for drinks, meals at restaurant and also a snack bar was ok if like chips burgers, pasta, toast is, sausages wasn’t very nice. The restaurant food was ok some things could have being better and not so over cooked. Different choices of meats. There was always salads, fruits and lots of lovely pudding. Considering the amount that had to cater for to please all guests.

Pontins in Turkey!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SimplyLizzy

Not a good start to the holiday, ripped off by bellboy who insisted
we tip him 20 YTL for bringing our luggage to the room (2 cases), he told us this was what everybody else gave him, we offerec 5 originally.
also, safe deposit box was shut and reception said it wouldn't be
opened until the next day, we had to argue to get it open that night. The a la care restaurants were a Joke, we were told that
fully booked for a week, we were only their for a week and manage to get 1 reservation in the Asian Restaurant which was well worth the visit. Food on the whole was good but very boring, same things everyday, best meal was breakfast. Room was okay we had a select room, bathroom was modern and quite luxurious, however the room itself had seen better days and the furniture was very shabby.

The whole resort was kept immaculate, staff constantly cleaning, only complaint that they were not friendly at all, efficient but not
meeting your eye etc.

We were a couple, and maybe we made the wrong choice of the holiday village, but several families were very upset that most of
the children's activites cost extra, not what a fully inclusive is all about.

Another disappointment, I had a gold chain stolen from my room, maybe I shouldn't have been so careless, although I swear I put it away in the safe, but obviously I didn't and must have left it on the dressing table meaning to do so later. I was warned that things do go missing at this hotel, and should have been more careful, I have never had anything disappear from anywhere else in the world and we are quite seasoned travellers, so holidaymakers beware!!!!!! I have to say that Dan Humphreys of First Choice was sympathetic and did all necessary paperwork in order for me to claim on holiday insurance very efficiently.

Now for the one redeeming feature, the pools were fantastic and kept very clean, there was no evidence of any ear infections as previous postings, although we did take ear plugs we only used them once. Not too many mozzies about, although again we used repellant every evening before we ventured out.

We have been on several holidays with First Choice, and again I
admit that maybe the holiday village wasn't the most suitable choice for us, but I was thoroughly disappointed, the entertainment staff worked hard, but frankly not very professional neither was the cabaret brought over from England.

As a couple we went for R&R, which we got, weather was good, but beware of people putting towels out on sunbeds from early morning. Must say their were plenty of sunbeds available with plenty of shade, but maybe not necessarily where you would want to be.

This was by far the worse value for money for families on an all inclusive break.

absolutelu fantastic!!!!!! can't wait to go again

by TripAdvisor Member hotmamma21

We have just come back from this holiday, and I have to say that we thought it was fantastic! The staff were fantastic and very helpful, the restaurants could do with a bit more variety as we found that it did get a bit boring towards the end and in the snack bar there only ever seemed to be burgers and chips to eat, however it was still better than other places that we have been to.
We did go to the a la carte restaurants and didn't have a problem with booking our reservations ,the staff were exceptionally friendly and would do everything that they can for you and could not be more welcoming in my opinion and absolutley adored the kids and would often stop to play with them and the baby.
My only negative thing that I would say is that there wasn't anything for an 11 month old to eat it was all very salty and spicy, we asked about baby food and was told by a rep that we should have ordered a tiny tots pack when booking and that it was too late now and we would have to catch a bus into town to buy some we weren't advised this at the time of booking.
Our room way lovely, we had a Jaccuzi suite with clean towels and linen everyday, the rooms were immaculate , the maids were pleasant and said hello whenever you came across them.
We went on 3 excursions and ended up at a market on each one! we were also a bit fed up because they took you to places where they were always trying to sell you something i.e the gold centre, the rug centre, turkish delight factory and leather factory, there were always sales men waiting to pounce after the talks!!
At the hotel they had a turkish night which was great and in my opinion the entertainment was fantastic, a different show each night and the flew out 2 different comedians on each of the weeks, and a resident singer was excellent, there was something for everyone if you liked bingo and quizzes you could do that or just go and sit in a bar - they even showed the england game!
Well worth the money and we will definately be going back!

rude reception staff

by TripAdvisor Member memphisWolverhampton

just returned from holiday village sarigerme.my only complaint was that the hotel staff were rude and lacked enthusiasm and the free alcohol especially the spirits tased very weak.on the other hand, first choice staff were excellent and worked hard to keep everybody happy.the hotel itself is clean and there is plenty of pools, shops and easy access to the beach.first choice need to adress this problem with the reception staff as they will lose customers.if you have booked this hotel dont worry,the weather,beach, complex etc outweigh the bad manners we encountered.

wouldn't go back

by TripAdvisor Member FizzleSticks

The hotel itself is beautiful, I can't fault that. The rooms were great, very spacious and immaculate. I liked the fact that you had a seperate sleeping area from the sitting room and a nice balcony. The pools are gorgeous and the grounds are very well kept. I've given you the good, now the bad: I went with a friend, we booked it as a late deal and this place is definately not suited to anyone other that families. The entertainment laid on seems to be for families and families alone. We went to a few shows at the amphitheater and it was nice to see all the kids taking part and getting involved but it was a bit too much for me. I couldn't touch the food, there was nothing that I would class as being edible in the restaurant so I would starve myself at night, eat fruit for breakfast and wait till lunchtime where I would go to the snack bar at the amphitheater and have a nice cheese toastie or slize of pizza. We managed to get booked into the italian restaurant and it had to be the worst meal I have ever had in my entire life (Gordon Ramsey would have serious words to say). I was brave in going to the asian restaurant the night after and I didn't touch any of my meal, the look of it was enough for me. I'm quite a big water drinker and was disappointed to find that anytime I went to try and get a cup of water from any of the dispensers they were either empty or the water was warm (more so empty). My friend and I like doing a fair bit of walking and shopping and if you are like this then this resort is definately not for you because you are in the middle of nowhere and there's no where to walk to. The jewellers in the resort is good I bought a ring and the guys do encourage you to haggle with them and they were honest. There is a shop where you can buy juice, sweets etc. don't buy anything from them because they'll rip you off as they there's no prices on any of the items, you find out the cost when you buy it.. one word for you as well DON'T BUY THEIR SUNCREAM. We ran out of the 5 bottles of suncream we took with us so bought one from the shop which cost £11 and it was clearly off because it provided no sun protection, felt funny on your skin and gave me a severe skin rash. The reps are lovely, if you're going to go here hang around the pool at 2pm each day because they do an afternoon quiz (at last a bit of entertainment for the adults) and you will have a serious laugh. If i had a family and wasn't fussy about food or going outwith the resort then I would definately take my kids here.

Great 4* All inc. Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maguilesl

I returned from the Pegasus this morning, and will keep this brief as there are so many mixed reviews........
Holidays are personal and tastes differ, but this is a GOOD 4* All Inc Hotel. It is without doubt, only really suitable for families, so I fail to see why people without children consider going in the first place.
Rooms are immaculate, as are hotel pools. Beach is fantastic, beer is super. If people can't find anything to eat in the restaurant, then I am surprised, as there is a variety of fresh, tasty food on offer to suit all tastes.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to families looking for a fun family holiday, also, I would like to point out that although there is a variety of entertainment, shows etc, it is not compulsory to attend, and quiet areas are available.
The staff are not rude, it is purely the fact that they are from a different culture. If you smile and are polite, they reciprocate, but not fawning all over you shouldn't be a hanging offence.
I couldn't find anything to complain about on this holiday, and my family and I have high expectations.
Please don't be put off by negative reviews as some people just simply expect too much. If you want 5* food and silver service, grovelling waiters and total tranquility, read the brochure before you book and get out your platinum card.
I hope everyone who books this hotel has a great time, and two tips would be....
It is worth queing for the donuts.
Take a credit card for the jewellery shop in the lobby...some fab pieces.

An honest review

by TripAdvisor Member gavinkatie

My family group of 10 stayed at the holiday village 24th sept - 1st october. Having arrived at the airport in Dalaman the hotel was a short 20 minute transfer. First impressions of the hotel were excellent, I was thinking 'maybe I should have booked for a fortnight'. The hotel reception area was very nice and check in was swift. We were allocated a room and given no option but for our bags to be taken be the bel boy who had no intention of leaving the room without a tip. We booked a 'Select' room with featured a jacuzzi bath,DVD,fridge and the room was partitioned into two areas which was great to divide the area for my wife and I and our son for sleeping arrangements whilst in the day it provided an area for my son to have an afternoon nap whilst my wife and I sat on the balcony for quiet drink. In a nutshell i have no complaints about the room, it was spot on.
The hotel grounds were also very impressive with a vast selection of pools and snack bars and a private beach (a bit rocky but bearable) one of the pools even featured aqua park style slides.
The food - The food was ok, there was a good variety in the main restaurant, however the quality was average at best, I have been on many all inclusive holidays and i know what to expect from the food, you get the usual burger,pizza and chips overdose at all times of the day as well as ice cream for the kids, beer was ok, barstaff were friendly, and worked very hard cleaning up the bar areas and serving some unbeliveably hungry brits (myself included) As well as the main restaurant there are 3 al a carte restaurants, a italian, a turkish and a oriental restaurant which must be booked in advance. The restaurants are a gimmick at best, I got there on the monday afternoon, after reading some reviews on the hotel i went striaght to book the restaurants which were all fully booked all week, even though I never saw more than 10 people in the restaurants when they were supposidly fully booked. I managed to book into the italian for the last evening of my holiday, It was by far the worst meal of the holiday, I advise you all to stick to the main restaurant.
Entertainment - Usual array of water polo, soccer etc through the day, in the night there was a pool side bar (not ideal for kids at night - cant take your eyes off them near the pool) and the main entertainment area which was a stage with a kids show until 2130 and adult entertainment later on. It was ok, could have been slightly better as there is nothing to do outside the hotel grounds, which leads me nicely onto the town.....
As for Sarigerme town, it was unbelivable they have turned the high street (if you can call it that) into the usual turkish tourist area, shop1 - jewellers, shop 2 -fake designer goods, shop3 - Bar and that repeated itself to the end of the road (about 150 meters) It was a strange feeling being in the town high street with my wife and son and no other tourists in the street, just shopkeepers and stray dogs and us. According to the tourist agency selling trips next year it will be devolped beyond recognition, lets hope so!

Would I recommend the hotel, Its a tough question, I will not be going back, but i do score the hotel well on the strength of the rooms and grounds. Put it this way, if you are content to go to a hotel with a nice room, ok food and drink and plenty of it, and lounging around a nice pool through the day and decent entertainment at night, you will not be disappointed, If however you like the venture to the town to eat and drink at night, give it a couple of years until the town has been properly devolped. To that end I would say at the moment this hotel is great for a week break but a fortnight would have been to long for me.

one last thing - pack your mozzi spray its bug heaven

Holiday Village, Sarigerme, Turkey

by Mum+2kids

Ive just booked to go here with my partner, and 2 children. I just wondered if anyone else has been here? Can you give me any general information about the place/hotel. This will be my first time to Turkey.

Thanx, Claire x

RE: RE: Holiday Village, Sarigerme, Turkey

by tracey-buckland

HI Claire, i also have booked to go to the holiday village, sarigerme, due to go in may this year, and have also been trying to find things out, if you go on to a web page called holidays uncovered it has got some reviews on it and they are good ones, just thought i"d let you know, have fun when you go!

RE: Holiday Village, Sarigerme, Turkey

Hi Claire,

Myself and my wife, two kids (4 and 12) and my brother and his girlfriend (better not give thier ages!) have booked to go for first two weeks in June. First time to Turkey for us too and would be grateful for ny views/reviews from those who have been before. Have to say I looked at the holiday uncovered and holiday truths websites and the reviews for the Holiday Village are 99% very positive, especially for families with kids. When exactly are you going?

Holiday Village, Sarigerme

by Boltonbhoy

Myself, my wife and two kids (12 and 4) will be going to the Holiday Village at the beginning of June. Would welcome any comments from those who have been before or early contact with those going to be there at the same time (31 May-14June).

by tracy26

hiya me and my family went last may we wanted come home after the second day.
the hotel is lovely and clean.
take the trips as the village is middle of nowhere.
there is a market in the village on a sunday this is a must and the taxi only cost about 5 quid.
watch out for the kids clubs on a night you av to be early or they turn you away if it fills ie chocolate party and they charge.
try the pizza stand at lunch time they were lovely.
the kids ice-cream parlour is at the other end of the complex
the beach was filthy so you could not go on it.
a must tho is the trip to turtle beach its beautiful watch ur feet the sand is hot.
avoid the trip to the rug place stay on the coach the turks in there get you in a room and are at you to buy a rug if my hubby wasnt there i would of got one just to get out.
hopes this helps you will av a great time

by Dawn37

We have booked for this August. Don't be put off by the reply. If you have a look at several of the other report sights like holidaytruths.co.uk, holiday watchdog and holidays uncovered you will find nearly all the reviews are good. It shouldn't be quite as busy either as it's not half term or the main Summer hols. The Holiday Village seems to have changed its name from either Pegasos Palace/Tropical Palace and reformed as the Holiday Village. These should give you an accurate report. I understand the holidays to the Holiday Village start May so last year's reports are the most up to date you can expect. Have a great time.

by Boltonbhoy

Thanks for the replies. Dawn, I’m sure Tracey was just trying to be honest from her own experiences which I appreciate. Not everyone experiences things the same way. I am really looking forward to our visit and have looked at the sites you mention which have a very high percentage of positive replies. This will be our second visit to a Holiday Village. We visited the one in Lanzarote two years ago. The place itself was beautiful but they hadn’t got their act together with regards to catering for both self catering and all inclusive customers and it spoilt it somewhat for us. The fact that Sarigerme HV is for all inclusive customers only was a big factor in our choice. Hope the weather isn’t too hot for you in August. I will come back on and let people know how it was for us once we return.

Comments