Ovacik Road, Ovacik, Turkey

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Leytur Hotel

Leytur Hotel - home from home

by TripAdvisor Member SunnySian

I first stayed at the Leytur in 2002 and had the best holiday ever. Since then, I've been back 5 times and can't wait to go back. Whether you're with your friends, family or partner, for a relaxing holiday in the sun with the option of loads of exciting places to visit there is no other place I would choose to go. Leyla (the owner) cannot do enough for you and over the years has become like family. Her high expectations means she has a spotless hotel, restaurant with (in my opinion) the best food in Hisaronu and a team of staff who will bend over backwards to make your stay the best possible.

great hoilday at leytur

by TripAdvisor Member liverbird9

I went to Leyla hotel in may for the 1st time with some girl friends are ages ranged from 20/71 ,for 1 week we had a great relaxing time ,the rooms are spotless, the food was really tasty the pool and bar area were to high standard ,every body in the hotel from fellow guest and staff made you feel so welcome .
I really started to relax and my time there was over so i came home looked on internet and got 2 flights for my 16yrs old son and myself and we went back for another week .my son is of that age when he is hard to please but even he looking to see when we can get back there ,i have never understood why people go back to the same hotel year in year out but on going there myself twice in as many weeks i would definitely go again .and i would go there on my own as leyla is a great host and my makes you feel very comfortable.
smith, liverpool

JUST A GREAT HOLIDAY!

by TripAdvisor Member GOLFMADIAN

We booked this hotel as we were on a budget a second holiday this year, we chose the Leytur hotel on the reviews posted on travel republic and we were very pleasantly surprised on our arrival. The rooms are a little basic but are kept spotless by the cleaning staff everyday, the shower was fine and the air conditioning modern and efficient (£3 a day) my only gripe my bed was pretty firm. We did take some of the reviews written with a pinch of salt but what was said was very true, the swimming pool IS the cleanest ive ever seen on holiday, yes the lovely Layla the owner is very friendly as infact are all the staff at the Leytur, Hussain,Memet and the barman Jan have all made our holiday a memorable experience. We ate at the Hotel a couple of times and the food was good, snacks around the pool were also good value especially the home made pizzas. Hisaranu a short Dolmus ride away was the main tourist town nearby but quite tacky it had restaurants , bars, trinket shops in abundance as any normal tourist area plenty to choose from but nice to leave and go back to the peaceful hotel ,where we would meet up with some of the nice people/couples we had met at the hotel and drink and chat at the bar which became a great atmosphere. Some reviews had said they felt it to be very clicky, I disagree, if you are prepared to meet and talk with new people you will share in some good fun and laughter learn more about the area and attractions and make some great new friends, as we did. Every one we spoke to who were first timers at the Leytur like ourselves are eager to return next year including us, everyone else had been several times and keep coming back year after year. We believe we have discovered a little gem of a place and cant wait to return for a fantastic relaxing great holiday in 2008! GOLFMADIAN

Basic, but clean in a lovely setting.

by TripAdvisor Member Istanbulkiz

My husband and I spent a last minute budget week at the Leytur in July 2007. The rooms were very basic but clean. The hotel is in a beutiful setting and very clean (the cleaning staff were lovely). The prices however were over inflated, as the rest of Ovacik and Hisaronu are. I did not like the lack of Turkish food on the menu and the resort of Ovacik itself, but luckily we had a car and could explore the beautiful countryside, for which the Leytur was a good base.

Got back today, and we are so sad...

by TripAdvisor Member LauJay

My partner and I have just spent the past 2 weeks staying at Hotel Leytur. We are sad to be home.
When we first arrived, it was very early one morning, about 5.30/6am and we were greeted by a member of the night staff who didn't speak much English, but he gave us a room key and although the room was an average size, it was perfect for a couple who would be using the room as a base.
We were unaware that we had to pay for the air-con, but to be honest, it isn't much and it's worth it. Even in September, the heat is intense.
The Hotel is in a good location, we didn't realise the beach (Olu Deniz) was quite so far away, but the local bus that takes you there comes every 3-5 minutes and the bus stop is on the other side of the road as you leave the Hotel down the hill. It's very easy once you get the hang of it.
The lunch snacks at the Pool bar are great. I recommend the Tuna Melt. The Pool itself is cold, but it's refreshing once you pull yourself away from the blazing sun. We were half-board, so had the set menu for dinner. If you are not staying half-board, HAVE THE SOUP!!!! whenever we had dinner at the Hotel, the soup was excellent, especially the Red Lentil and the Turkish soups.
The room was kept tidy daily, and as someone has already written on this site, they suprise you occassionally with towels in heart shapes with flower petals on the bed! It made us chuckle.
I think this hotel is better suited to the older traveller/s, but if you're in your mid-twenties like us and want to just do your own thing, the staff will be warm and hospitible just the same.
ALSO, if you have never travelled to Turkey before, be warned...once your plane touches down, do NOT get into the passport control queue. We were not told that we had to pay for Visas, which was in a separate queue. It's £10 per person. Make sure you get your passport stamped first.
AND, do NOT book any day trips with a company called SEASIDE
We had arranged a day out with this company and waited over an hour and a half outside Hotel Leytur for a coach that never came.
We got our money back.
We will hopefully be going back soon.
We miss it already!

First visit

by TripAdvisor Member derryeire

We have just arrived back from a lovely stay at Leytur. We have read the review by Golfmanian and it is exactly as we would describe. The hotel was very clean and well looked after. The owners were around all day long and were lovely helpful people. Our break was purely to de-stress and un-wind from our busy lives so this was the trick, even if we did'nt see much of the real Turkey. I was disappointed with Hisoranu - which is like Blackpool and caters for folk who like 'fish and chips'. I liked Olu-deniz as this did have some nice bars and resturants. The food at Leytur was good for bar snacks at lunch, but we didn't have any from the A la Carte menu at night. We had just missed the Turkish evening as we were leaving but the food looked great. If the beds in the rooms were not quite so hard!! We would definately return.

Fantastic Fortnight in Turkey

by TripAdvisor Member SuperSaints

Firstly apologies to Leyla for not doing this sooner.
Spent 2 great weeks at the Leytur in August/September 2007. Hotel is small but that added to the enjoyment of our holiday as everyone mixed together really well. Staff all very friendly and Leyla the owner is always around to ensure you enjoy your stay. It's not in the busiest of places but a short hop on the dolmus, which is dirt cheap, takes you into Hisaronu where there are more than enough restaurants, shops and bars to keep you occupied. Olu Deniz and the fantastic beach are just a bit further down the road.

We stayed bed & breakfast and ate in the hotel restaurant a few times - excellent food Mehmet.

Pool area was always clean and tidy and the pool itself was always crystal clear.

Rooms are not the biggest you'll ever stay in but are clean and comfortable - plenty hot water for the shower. Air conditioning is an extra charge but well worth it.

All in all, we had a lovely holiday and will definitely return.

3* hotel 5* treatment

by TripAdvisor Member Zach_7

This hotel is the best in the area and is a great alround hotel.
it is set back from the hustle and bustle of hisonaru town however u jump on a dolmus(bus) into the town when and when u want to becouse they jus dont stop.

the hotel is extreamly friendly and u get to no all the staff really well! they are supper!
Leyla the hotel owner makes u feel more then welcome and will most certainly make u want to revisit the hotel again and again as i have done and asd many of her guest have done

there is alot of fun and alot going foe this hotel and if u r in doupt about goin or u are not sure jus go for it the food is cheap but the best and i would never go anywhere els!

GET BOOKING !!!!

Good basic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member crabbit

We stayed here in early October for week. The rooms are clean but basic, small balconies in the double rooms and beds rather hard! The setting is great with the back drop of the mountains. The pool and hotel are immaculate with well maintained colorful gardens and a relaxing atmosphere. Can get a bit noisy at night from the bar. Overall a good value hotel but you can spend a lot on dolmus rides every day if you want to do more than just lounge round the pool as there is nothing to do in Ovacik itself..

The best place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member baldy_col

We have been staying at this hotel for a number of years, often twice a year, it is so good we have recommended family and friends who in turn have recommended their family & friends.
There is nothing to complain about, it is clean, the staff can't help you enough, the food is fantastic and when you only pay £18 (peak season) per double room per night with breakfast what more can you ask for.
The pool is lovely and not overlooked by those people just walking by, so there is an element of privacy, however it is close enough to the road not to have to walk miles before being able to catch a bus to the surrounding areas.
Can't praise this hotel enough

Comments