OvacIk Mevkii Ataturk Caddesi Oludeniz, Ovacik, 48300, Turkey

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Monta Verde Hotel & Villas

cant wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member madmailmel

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the monta verde hotel in Ovacik. On arrival the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
The room was basic but clean and the food was good, catering for most tastes.
The entertainment was excellent with different activities going on day and night. I especially enjoyed aerobics with Sonia and dancing to "hadi hadi" with Erol. I recommend the Latin dancers and turkish night, this standard of entertainment you usually only find in 4/5 star hotels.
Traveling alone i was concerned i would feel lonely especially at night but the staff went out of their way for me and after a few days i felt very much at home. This is the first hotel i have found where the manager and owner mingle with the guests, they were both very friendly and down to earth.
three cheers to Monta verde!!!

REAL PLEASURE

by TripAdvisor Member CarmalLincs

We have just returned from 2 weeks holiday at the Monta Verde Hotel in Ovacik, On our arrival at about 03.00 on the 20/07/09, my wife and I found that we had no room allocated to us, This WAS no fault of the Hotel, the tour company we booked up through had some how not botherd to book the Hotel room for us. The Hotel staff were very good, reception got intouch with his Manager, and he soon said, let us give them a spare Villa until morning and then we will sort things out which he did, Thanks. The Holiday was very good, all the staff were very nice and all ways greeted you with a smile, The Hotel entertainment was also very good, something on every night of the week, Local Acts. or the Hotel staff doing there bit. The Hotel Amenaties were very good, pool very clean our room was a little on the small size but very clean the house Maids done a very good job, WELL DONE MONTA VERDE

Clean & Friendly hotel but wouldn't recommend the food

by TripAdvisor Member TracienRich

We arrived in the early hours of the morning with a very tired 2yr old, Adam who was on reception was lovely and very helpful in helping us take our bags to the room. First impressions of the room small but clean, although wasn't happy that my son had to sleep under the window on rather a high ledge (was right to be concerned he fell off it 3 times in the end he slept on the floor). Be aware that you will hear dogs barking ALOT and the chickens (if I could have found them I would have wrung their necks myself!!). After 3 nights though of dogs, chickens and windows banging plus my son falling out of bed I was at my wits end and went to complain. Within an hour though we had been moved to a quieter room with a travel cot - BLISS.

The staff are very friendly, happy and helpful and Erol especially is an absolute diamond - although teaching my son to say "you shurrup" may not go down well at nursery!! He made our stay always smiling and laughing even when his lovely wife sonia was ill, and you will enjoy watching him teach you the hotel dance. However the actual owner is another matter - he could learn alot by observing Erol and how he interacts with ALL the guests - not just the single ladies!!! He walked around with his nose in the air and looked very unapproachable which he was, and as a guest who works for one of the biggest hotel chains in the world I found his whole attitude disgraceful. He would have happier guests if he had taken the trouble to speak to all the guests especially ones with children but he didn't he just walked right past without even saying Good Morning/Afternoon and this was observed by a number of guests. In fact most of us thought Erol & Sonia owned the place, maybe they should!!. Keep a close eye on your bill, I recommend you pay it off every morning and keep all receipts, some guests feel it's ok to add their drinks to your room!!!

Our biggest gripe though has to be the food and the lack of variety, it was the same food and the evening meal had the chef serving you - fine if you don't eat alot!! Plenty of salads but meats, desserts, and fruit were lacking so very disappointed. Also why if you're a HB guests do you have to pay for your meal in the evening just because it is a BBQ or Turkish night not good at all. My husband got so fed up of basically toast for breakfast that he went across to Friar Tucks across the road for a full english quite a few times. Highly recommend going across here they are such friendly bunch and their garlic mushrooms are out of this world. There are plenty of restaurants down in Hisaranu go to Swallows food is divine. You will get asked by every restaurant owner to come in and sample their food and you will have a dozen menus by the end of the night. Shopping is a dream, I would advise take a half empty case the clothes are so cheap to buy you would love it, they're not the genuine article but still good quality.

Go on a Truck Safari and the 12 Island Cruise highly recommended, and if you have a late flight do the Daylan Departure trip it's a fantastic way to spend your last day.

All in all it was a very enjoyable holiday, would we go back to the Monte Verde the answer is yes BUT not HB would go BB only. It may be small but is extremely clean, the rooms are cleaned every day and the ladies who clean them are so cheerful, with a smile on their faces when ever you see them.

Keep your fingers crossed that if you go with Thomas Cook your rep isn't Adam that guy is the Del boy of hotel reps and for the 1st time ever I had to make an official complaint about a rep which is a shame because most of the reps are A1, he however was not a very good advert for the company he works for.

Resort beautiful shame about hotel

by TripAdvisor Member burnleyhols

We booked online through Thomas cook flights were great and we have always had a good experience through this company, so we were a little bit disappointed with the hotel. From the pictures online it appears fairly spread out and located amongst greenery, in fact it’s located right on the main Fethye to Ovacik road which runs to Oludeneze, traffic noise is noticeable day and night if you’re in the front facing rooms.
The rooms are clean but basic our major issue was the balconies, just room for 1 chair/stool, we both enjoy a drink or two on returning to our room and this was really impossible, air con and a safe for 2 weeks is £55 and the food (we were B&B and breakfasts were typical Turkish) I’ve been coming to Turkey for 18Yrs and this was the worst for food in all my time here, service did pick up the second week but still poor.
We also had an issue with the manager’s Alsatian dog which is tethered to the entrance to the hotel, and joins in with the call to the mosque at 5am, despite complaints to the Thomas Cook rep and several complaints to reception, it carried on throughout our stay, and they were a little bemused when I asked where I could by a gun. Despite the hotel which was as we say on the main road and handy for the dolmus which is really cheap for access to the beautiful beach at Ouldeneze £2 for both of us 1 way, some prefer the lagoon or trying several of the private beaches further around the calm lagoon, but we liked the beach, some great spots for lunch and a beer. Try the dolmus to Fethye and then get a water taxi across to calis beach £3 each way for 2 a great way to start and finish your day.
Many restaurants in Hisaronu , Lemon tree, Turkish Ivy and the Dragonna Chinese are 3 that spring to mind and as always take a boat trip £8 to £14 the cheaper ones tend to be the busier boats and noisy ones. Or chance your arm and go down to Fethye harbour and pay on the day, pick a boat you like and they will always fit you in.

Turkish delight

by TripAdvisor Member frudmeister

The first thing to remark on is the friendliness of the staff at all levels from the cleaning staff through to the owner of the hotel, all of whom were more than happy to mingle with the guests whilst going about their daily duties. This made for an ideal holiday atmosphere with excellent service. More importantly, the staff – and the Turkish people generally – are prepared to go that extra step to ensure your stay in Turkey is a pleasant one. There is certainly something to be said for waking up each morning during your holiday knowing that you are going to be well looked after.

This friendliness was a constant factor on our travels during the holiday, and I have to say that the Turkish people are the friendliest people I have ever met.

The rooms are nice and clean and the food is very good ranging from a typical Turkish breakfast to an A La Carte menu if required.

The pool area is very nice with a pool side bar serving drinks and quality snacks throughout the day which are very reasonably priced. There is also a shaded area to relax in if the weather gets too hot for you and the facilities are very good especially the on site massage.

The beach isn't on the doorstep of the hotel but the public transport actually stops for you at your request for the 10 minute ride. Therefore no waiting at bus stops!

The evening entertainment was great fun, optional of course but I would recommend the Turkish dancers who are very energetic and impressive.

The only thing that concerned me when we first arrived was the system of being billed for your drinks and snacks. This was done manually which had caused some confusion during busier times. But the staff identified this problem and this system was changed within our first week to a swipe card system for each guest which worked out great.

The overwhelming good thing about the Monta Verde is the friendliness of the staff and the value for money. I have already booked for next year, and my family and I intend to holiday in Turkey for the next few years.

very friendly

by TripAdvisor Member ajamesSouthampton

The hotel was very clean, the staff were really friendly and i would recommend this hotel/complex to anyone. even though i was a sole traveler the people (staff and guests) were all very friendly. i only stayed as a bed & breakfast guest, the breakfast was very nice with a diferent dish every mornrnig..... 4 star...

We're going back in less than a week of being home!

by TripAdvisor Member ANGELandMAMMI

Myself and my eldest daughter stayed at the Monta Verde for a week and have just booked another visit with my ohter daughter for less than a week of returning! Everyone at the hotel is so helpful and welcoming, its like a big family there! Food is lovley and the maids are so hardworking cleaning your rom everyday changing towels, bed linen, etc. Entertainment is good with differnt activities going on in the daytime and shows and things on in the night time! Everyone here greets you with a smile, nothing less! There is a livley town you can work to it takes about 15/20,mins or in a taxi just 10lira which is £4! The town is suitable for all aes but my daughter enjoyed the nightlife with all the clubs and bars the most, especially Zombie Bar so im sure she'd recomend that! Overall it was a great holiday and we cant wait to go back!

Very family frendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member helmcbn

Just came back from the hotel monta verde enjoyed the holiday very much.The staff were really friendly and if you had any needs or problems they would sort ot out no problem.Entertainment was enjoyable especially Errol who was very funny and kept everyone entertained.The food was buffet style and varied cattering for most tastes,The rooms were basic but very clean and were cleaned every day.It was a very relaxing but hassel free and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good quiet and stress free holiday .Any age would enjoy it there.

see you again!!

by TripAdvisor Member 548r1n4

This was our first trip to turkey and i can honestly say everything went wrong except the hotel!!what a wonderful atmosphere with the most friendliest people and the best entertainment available. The quality and varity of food was outstanding and i can not wait to go back!!thank you to all at the montaverde you all do a wonderful job!!

totally excellent holiday!!!

by TripAdvisor Member char1n1nchy

we booked to stay at monte verde at the very last miniute and travelling with a 8 and 5 year old we was alittle nervous about the facillities they had to offer.i would reccommend this hotel to anyone the people are fab.we were lucky enough to stay in one of there villas which are really good and very spacious.the evening entertainment is very good with something different every night.the location couldnt have been any better.the main town is full of shops and restaurants and is a 10 to 15 minute walk although there are buses passing all the time if you didnt want to walk.the buses take you to the beach aswell which is a really nice and clean beach.this was are second time in turkey and we are going back to monte verde next year. i really cant think of anything to complain about.it is a really lovely place and the people are brilliant!!!!!

Flying the V.T.flagFlying the V.T.flag

End of the trekEnd of the trek

Through the countrysideThrough the countryside

On our wayOn our way

ovacik turkey

by 64biff

gooing to ovacik 27/8/04 staying at the gorkem hotel anybody stayed in this part of turkey thanks

Re: ovacik turkey

by teafortwo

we stayed in Ovacik about sixyears ago - it was quite a quiet place then but I think it has become more livlier as Hisaranou (spelling?) has expanded. Hisaranou is very popular with the Brits - lots of restaurants, bars and shops. From Ovacik you can get the Dolmus minibus to Fethiye where there is a great market, port, shops etc or down to Olu Deniz - fabulous beach. There's loads of excursions - we went to Saklikent gorge and to Patara Beach which was a great day out (sorry about the spelling, it was such a long time ago!)

Re: Re: ovacik turkey

by 64biff

THANKS FOR YOUR MEMORIES OF OVACIK my wife and myself like the sound of this place.We like nightlife also, but its nice to be in a place were you can chill .looking forward to the trip THANKS steve

Comments