Sunset Garden Apartments

Turunc, Turkey

Good For No Data
  • duncanburt's Profile Photo

Arrive as guests - leave as friends

This has to be one of the friendliest places to stay. You become one of the family.

The guy who owns these apatments is a long standing friend of ours and is just a great character.

Dede always says you arrive as guests and leave as friends.

The staff here cannot do enough for you and nothing is too much trouble.

Unique Quality: Great restraunt - Dede'd Haven

Best and biggest swimming pool in Turunc

More about Turunc

Sherife making pancakesSherife making pancakes

Turunc from the mountain roadTurunc from the mountain road

Looking Out To SeaLooking Out To Sea

Hotel Dionysos Viewed from Kumlubük BeachHotel Dionysos Viewed from Kumlubük Beach

Internet cafes

by celia.q

Does anyone know if there is likely to be an internet cafe in Turunc, Mugla, Turkey? Or in a place we would be likely to visit such as Marmaris?

by irishBLONDIE

hey,

I stayed in Armutalan (about 5 mins in bus outside Marmaris), thers an internet cafe there and its opened late! Buses run from Armutalan to Marmaris every day and dont stop to 2am. The buses are only 1turkish lera which is about 50-70p approx! The internet cafe is across from The Grand Villa Sol appartments in armutalan. There is probably many of them in Marmaris but not sure about the location.

irishBLONDIE

by turunc

are u gonna stay in turunc?? there are about 4 internet cafes in turunc at the moment..(maybe more than that:)) and u can find everything in that int cafes..any programs and games. i am a new member so it can be little bit for this information:)) but hope not! if u need any info about turunc i can help u in any subject..

by soundchaseruk

The Habit bar had wifi and a dedicated pair of pc's for internet access but may have moved this winter. Also there is a small internet shop (not cafe) nearby in a side street.

The Nirvana bar at the far end of the village has a pc which Appo will let you use.

by celia.q

Thank you. I went last May after putting in the query. There was an internet cafe of high quality just round the corner from our hotel. We were woken every night by the call to prayer as our room was right opposite the minaret! If we go again we will find somewhere far away from that...

Best wishes
celia.q

Travel Tips for Turunc

Tripe Kebap anyone ?

by duncanburt

Yes you did hear that correctly - tripe kebap.

This is guy is located just outside Marmaris on the Mugla road. He has to be outside the Marmaris city limit because what he is selling is not strictly legal - or so I was told by my Turkish friends, but the local police turn a blind eye because so many people stop and buy this stuff every day.

And yes he is cooking in the back of an old Fiat camprer van and yes he drives it away each night and drives it back the next day !

This was a real experience. The kebaps are an aquired taste, but sitting on the roadside eating kebap with the locals is real fun.

Turunc - Mugla - Turkey

by duncanburt

"My Second Home :-)"

What can I say about this place?

We discovered Turunc in 1999 and have been back at least once a year, sometimes twice, ever since.

We just love the tranquil setting, the unrushed pace of life and of course the Turkish People.

I'll upload some more photos very soom when I get the time to find the best pics from my many hundreds taken over the years.

I will be back in Turunc at the end of September and I will make a point of taking photos for a full travelogue.

"More Friends.."

I one of my favourite bars with a fellow Brit Besiktas fan (someone has to buy the shirts) and more Turkish Friends

More pics to follows soon.

Again if anyone needs the low down on this wonderful place just drop me an email

"Me and the "Missus" and a Freind"

Taken last year..
appologies to any Fenebache fans but I adopted Besiktas as my Turkish footbal team and this has caused much fun and games with friends in Turunc who generally support Fenebache or Galetasery

Comments