Anatolia Cave Pension

More about Goreme

Ihlara GorgeIhlara Gorge

GoremeGoreme

Love Valley - near GoremeLove Valley - near Goreme

Frescos in a cave church - Open Air MuseumFrescos in a cave church - Open Air Museum

Goreme to Pamukkale by bus

by robert1523

Hello,

I will be traveling to Goreme this summer and I would really apreciate if someone could tell me an aproximate price for a bus trip from Goreme to Pamukkale

Re: Goreme to Pamukkale by bus

by Durfun

Hi, The bus officially only goes upto Denizli. This leg costs 35 YTL per person. Best to buy the tickets from one of the many operators by the bus station. There are several services throughout the day, including overnight ones.

Buying via your hotel would cost 40 YTL.

Then, once in Denizli, get out and turn left, to reach the stand for the local dolmus to Pamukkale. This part is not signposted very well, but rest assured the bus stand is there. Locals can confirm this.

DO NOT go with the guys approaching the bus passengers. They'll claim they are your hotel's representatives, or your pension owner's brothers!!

The local dolmus mentioned is a comfy 20 minute ride, costing a mere 3 YTL.

You'll love Pamukkale. Good choice. Don't forget to walk along the tombs, and a swim in the cleansing medicinal waters!!

Re: Goreme to Pamukkale by bus

by robert1523

Thank you Durfun.This is very usefull.

Travel Tips for Goreme

FREE TRANSFERS

by balhannah

When booking your accommodation in Cappadocia, check out what the offers of the Hotel's are.
I chose one that had good reviews and a FREE AIRPORT TRANSFER.
This was offered on the Rock Valley Travel site, (www.rockvalleytravel.com)
I could have one free tranfer, from either Kayseri or Nevsehir Airports. I don't know which was the best value to choose, but I chose the free one to Nevsehir.

If I had chosen the one from Kayseri, I would have saved 17 t/l, worth saving!

Hot Air Balloon over Cappadocia

by MalenaN

Have you never flewn a hot air balloon you should take the chance in Cappadocia. The wind conditions in the morning are perfect and the balloons take off almost every morning during the season.
It's an unforgettable memory!
I flew with Kapadokya Balloons which had been recomended to me. The pilots, Lars and Serhan, are experienced and really good, and as the only company in Göreme they start at different spots every morning - depending on the wind (other companies seems to hang around more just over Göreme).
We were two balloons flying together which was very nice as you can see the others take off, in the air and at the landing.
At the landing we got some champange (mixt with a fruit juice) and snacks. We also got a nice Certificate.
The long tour wish is about 1,5 hours costs 200 dollars
(290 000 000 TL). There is also a shorter, and less expensive, tour.
It is a lot of money but it is a great experiense I will never forget.

www.kapadokyaballoons.com

Balloon trip

by chrisvandenbroucke

You can go with a balloon over the wonderful Goreme Valley.

You can choose between a trip at sunrise or sunset.

I don't recall the prices but I'm absolutely sure they didn't fit my budget.

Should be very nicge, though

underground cities.

by cachaseiro

the underground cities is another must in cappadocia even if they are a bit out of goreme.
during ancient times the inhabitants of cappadocia build undergound cities to have a cold dark place to store food, but also to protect themselves from invading troops.
the cities go as far as 80 meters underground and has 12=14 levels underground at times.
there are many underground cities in cappadocia, but the ones at ozkonak are among the best in my opinion and they are not too crowded either.

it's a really interesting thing that you should not miss when in cappadocia.

Goreme-Zelve Road

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

After exploring the Goreme Valley during several hours we went to the Zelve Valley with its wonderful fairy chimneys. It took us 15 minutes. The landscapes of Cappadocia are magnificent and I was taking video all the way.

You may watch my 1 min 58 sec VIDEO-Clip Goreme-Zelve road with popular Turkish music by Sertap Erener – Kumsalda out of my Youtube channel.

Comments