Kagnii Yolu No: 9, Goreme, Cappadocia, 50180, Turkey

Expedia.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

• Skibbe's Profile Photo

Turkish Hospitality

Like a lot of hotels in Goreme, it is built into a cave. That's a unique experience but doesn't make it any less comfortable. The owner, Mustafa, and his staff are what makes this fairly new place stand out. You get more help because there are just eight rooms. They will do pretty much anything for their guests.

Unique Quality: Unmatched service, great location and terrific views.

More about Kismet Cave House

Pension

by lauripetri about Local Cave House

We stayed in Local Cave House in lovely Goreme. A nice, clean and very friendly pension hosted by Hassan. Very nice room with a view in a cave. Clean bathroom with shower and hot water. Breakfast included. When visiting Goreme and Cappadocia I highly recommend you stay in a cave pension. There are "normal" hotels as well, but the cave pensions contribute so much to the special atmosphere.

Fabulous time at Kismet Cave Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member longbeachtravelfan

Kismet Cave Hotel, Goreme,Cappadocia,Turkey is a year old and already has established itself as a favorite place of people who recently traveled to Goreme.

The rooms are nicely decorated, the bathrooms are large with excellent water pressure but above all it's the owner Faruk who made Kismet exceptional.

We were lucky to have Faruk as our private guide for 3 days and thanks to Faruk we had a look into everyday life of people of Turkey. He took us to places that only local people know, had us share meals with his friends that we met while visiting villages,had us stop at splendid fields of wild flowers for pictures while he picked grass for his cow!
The Turkish show and sema ceremony of the Whirling Devishes he recommended were oustanding!

We do not have enough good words to describe our experience at Kismet Hotel

An Experience You'll Always Remember

by TripAdvisor Member b4bendetta

I cannot stress enough how amazing my stay at the Kismet Cave House was. Its so much more than a hotel to stay it. The best pensions and hotels cannot compare to the experience you'll have when you stay there. My girlfriend and I were on a two week trip in Turkey, our first visit. I was really looking forward to staying in Cappadocia and the experience at this hotel was far beyond all my expections. One of my fondest memories of the trip.

Owner Faruk is one of the most genuine, caring people you will ever meet, not just in your travels but in your entire life. He really cares about his guests and goes completely out of his way to make sure you feel welcome and perfectly comfortable in Goreme. The Kismet Cave House is his dream, a hotel he built himself over seven years. All the rooms are beautiful restored cave rooms, some of which are housed directly in a fairy chimney cave the area is famous for. Everything in the rooms has been designed new to to be comfortable with a feeling of home. From the handsewn quilted bed sheets to the high-powered jacuzzi bath tubs, you're guaranteed the highest level of quality when you stay here.

Thats just the hotel experience. The real joy of staying at the Kismet Cave House is the hospitality of Faruk and his family and the accessibility to the greatest sites of the Cappadocia landscape. Faruk will do whatever it takes to make sure you have an amazing experience there, whether its sitting down for an excellent homemade Turkish breakfast, tea on the roof terrace at sunset, setting up tours and transportation along the area, and simple pleasures of meeting new people and getting a small taste of their culture. At the three nights I stayed at Faruk's hotel, I never felt anything less than a member of the family, a guest in a home as friendly as my own and new memories and friendships to take with me in the years following my travels in Turkey.

If you are a traveler looking for relaxation or a true personal experience, you can expect to get both in bundles when you stay at Kismet Cave House. Do yourself a huge favor and stay here in Cappadocia. I have no higher recommendation.

Turkish Delight

by TripAdvisor Member Luv10is

If I had to sum up my whole experience in Kismet Cave House in one word it would be - WOW. The hotel has 8 rooms, all different, all beautifuly restored by the owner Faruk, with attention to every little detail. And if you've heard of the famous turkish hospitality you'll encounter it after meeting Faruk and his friendly staff. He made our short 3 day stay in Cappadocia an amazing experience. Ever so friendly and helpful with organizing the hikes, ordering baloon rides, suggesting itineraries etc. He'll make you fall in love with him, his hotel, Goreme and the whole of Turkey.

Great Place and The Owner Makes It Well Worth it.

by TripAdvisor Member redbeard33

I never find time to write reviews but I must for the Kismet Cave House Hotel. We had a fantastic stay. We really got our money's worth.
The owner is what makes the difference. He truly cares about your stay. We had a great time in Turkey and stayed at multiple places all over Turkey; but this place stands out. He listens to what activities YOU would like to do and see. He makes recomendations that are right on and then makes it happen. We did not have much time and I really wanted to accomplish a lot. I did not want to waste time on, "shopping trips." The owner made sure I did not and I was amazed at what we were able to fit in with his advice. Faruk, gets you going in the right direction. If it is dropping you off for a hike or making sure you are fed, after a late night arrival. The hotel itself is exactly what I was looking for. Kismet is: affordable, good location, comfortable, other interesting travelers to meet, and a great breakfast. The region in general is a must see. I usually feel like there are so many places to visit in the world and I will never find time to make it back. Cappadocia, I will make it back and stay longer. The Kismet Cave House Hotel makes this decision even easier. I feel like I met a good friend-Faruk, at the Kismet and I can't say that about any other hotel I stayed at in Turkey. I'm one of many that will find Goreme and Kismet a very pleasurable experience. His hard work has paid off which makes this place well worth it.

It's like staying with friends

by TripAdvisor Member Morsell

One of the most amazing hotel experiences we've ever had! There's nothing pretentious or stuffy about the Kismet, it truly is like staying in a friend's home. We had two rooms with beautiful architecture, beautiful bathrooms, and jacuzzi tubs. We needed the tubs after the amazing adventures owner Faruk set up for us. From finding us a driver and setting up a route that took us all over Cappadocia, to taking us on a phenomenal tour of the stunning valleys in the region, to preparing a homemade dinner of local Turkish fare, we felt like family!

The breakfasts were the most exquisite we found in Turkey. All of the jams, butter, and cheese were homemade. Faruk even prepared us a picnic lunch to take with us on a hike through Ihlara Valley.

Faruk is one of the most sincere and dynamic individuals we met in Turkey. By introducing us to his friends and his dear family, he epitomized hospitality. Our time at the Kismet Cave House has left us with some of the warmest memories from our entire trip!

Great, affordable place to stay in center of Cappadochia

by TripAdvisor Member b1brownfamily

Kismet Cave House, Goreme

What a neat place! Faruk has put his heart and soul into this place and it really shows. The rooms are nicely appointed and the beds are comfortable (100YTL). The bathrooms are spacious and quite a few rooms are equipped with Jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces that Faruk will light for you if the night is chilly. While there could be some more closet space, Faruk is working on installing those as he can. Bear in mind that this is not a 4 star hotel….the accommodations are good, spacious, and affordable. There are 4 star accommodations in the area, but you will pay for them.
The hotel is ideally suited near the heart of Goreme—clearly within walking distance of all the restaurants in town, and about 1 mile from the open air museum. Faruk prepares each breakfast in the morning and the assortment of fruit, cheese, meat, bread and eggs to order is very good. He will also prepare dinner for you if you desire (with the help of his wife)—traditional Turkish and excellent. I highly recommend it.
If you are looking for a nice, affordable (though rustic) place to stay in the Cappadochia area, you can’t do much better than Kismet.

MProcher's new Turkey Page

by MProcher

pic shows: A cave house at Göreme in Kapadokia at night. Very special is that I took a stand to hold my camera and choose a very long time (about 10 min) to take the picture.

Question: what are the small lines in the dark sky???

12D9N Turkish Dream

by y_lyn

Meal Plans:
9 Breakfasts, 8 Local Lunches + 1 Chinese lunch, 8 Dinners + 1 dinner show at night club

Highlights:
ISTANBUL
• 1 night stay • Topkapi Palace • The Blue Mosque
• The Hippodrome • St Sophia Church Museum • Visit Grand Bazaar • Belly & Folkloric dancing at Cave Restaurant • Lunch at Galata Tower
CANAKKALE
• 1 night stay • Turkish leather showroom
PAMUKKALE
• 1 night stay • Hierapolis & Necropolis • The Cotton Castle
ANTALYA
• 2 nights stay • Old Town walking tour • Entrance to Aspendos Theatre • Kursunlu Water Falls • Side
KONYA
• Sultanhani Caravanserai • View of Mausoleum of Mevlana
CAPPADOCIA
• 2 nights stay • Underground City of Kaymakli
• Goreme Open-Air Museum • Rock Churches • Valleys of Goreme, Uchisar & Ortahisar • Avanos Village - Pottery Town • Carpet Factory • Cave House visit
(time permitting)
ANKARA
• 1 night stay • Ataturk Mausoleum

kelebeck hotel

by anniem20

can anyone give me a prce for a double room at the kelebeck cave hotel for 2 people in september 16th to 20th sept

by June.b

check their website..and email them you might get a better rate, here:

it's a very nice choice btw.

have fun in cappadocia, i did!

by Jawnuta

each room has different price because they all are different.
E-mail them with you requirements and they should respond the same day.
Breakfast at Kelebek is superb, and their daily trips are really worth the money even if you don't like sightseeing in groups.

by Tommmo

The Aydinli Cave House next door is great too if you find it's full.

by albaaust

Please note there are two sections as well the pensione section is cheaper but we found the rooms were fine. Check out my pages for what the "cheaper rooms" look like and the view from the hotel. I second the other respondent in terms of the tours they run. Fantastic!!

Comments