Goreme Hotels

Our Members Say

• June.b profile photo June.b
  • Reviews: 1360

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cappadocia Dora Motel & Pension: Basic but very central, few steps to the bus stn.

We wanted to stay near the bus station on our last day in Goreme and explore the valleys before taking our night bus to Istanbul, so we decided to stay at Dora Motel as it is almost beside the bus station and the room rate was really cheap at less than EUR20 for 2 persons. It’s not the usual cave hotel, very basic but location-wise, it’s perfect, right in the middle of the town.

The young reception guy was very friendly and accommodating (I remember his name now -- Baran). And some guests are friendly too. The building is a new modern structure unlike the others which are caves. The twin room is small and simple, just two single beds, a cabinet & bedside tables. In the morning, you can see the balloons flying and a good view of the valleys just like other hotels in the area on the two windows.

The room rate we had had shared shower which is on the same floor but the toilet is surprisingly on the ground floor beside the reception which is a bit strange and inconvenient, am sure if you fart people at the reception will hear it. But that’s what you get for a cheap rate. No complaint there if you’re really on a budget.

Breakfast is on the top floor overlooking the town below and the flying balloons during the early mornings. Breakfast is enough, nothing fancy but filling.

Wifi is working good, enough fluorescent lamp inside the room.

Very basic facilities but really friendly staff. You can also book all your travel needs with them at reasonable costs.

Recommended for budget traveler who wants to be in the middle of the town and near the bus station.

Budget and very central.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Backpacking, Photography
  • Written September 20, 2011
Tip Photo

• coarspire profile photo coarspire
  • Reviews: 8

Panoramic Pension: Cappadocia friendliest hotel

After having checked out a couple of places, the Panoramic pension seemed straight away a better place due to the friendly guys which are running the pension and also because of the great location (from there you can see Goreme from the top). My friend and I preferred sleeping in the normal rooms which anyway are embedded in the rock but you can go for the "fairy chimney", which costs a little more but you will have the pride to sleep in a Unesco protected building. The breakfast quantity is enough for you to skip lunch and rather stroll around town or in the near rocky villages.
Last but not least, the owner and his partner are extremely nice and willing to help on your travelling questions.

Literally best view in town.
Quad/ATV rental on demand.
Tour arrangement on demand.
Free pick up from the bus station.
One of the first hotels in town.

• Related to: Backpacking, Hot Air Ballooning
  • Written June 21, 2010
Tip Photo

• illumina profile photo illumina
  • Reviews: 1066

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ishtar Pansion: Mixed feelings

There were good points and bad points about this hostel, although I really don't want to put anyone off staying there, as I believe that our experience was probably an anomaly.

First of all, the good points. Ishtar is a cave hotel, so the rooms are just that - caves carved out of the rock, with walls built where necessary. It is therefore a bit dark, but that's part of the atmostphere. There's a cosy little sitting room/reception, the young men left in charge (I believe it's run by one family) are very friendly, and they ply you with tea at every available opportunity. There's a roof terrace, which in summer becomes a cafe/bar, with great views over the strange local landscape, and it's within easy walking distance of the small town centre.

Now, our problems. We were there in January, and it was cold. Very cold. The only heating was a woodburner in reception, so the room was freezing. But we could cope with that. On our penultimate night in Goreme, I went to bed with a headache. Later on, I woke up to find my partner stumbling through the door on his way back from the bathroom, as if he was very drunk (we hadn't been drinking). I still had a headache, and felt a bit woozy, so got up to open the window... the next thing I knew I was flat on my back on the floor. We both had to go and get some fresh air in the bathrooms, and then tried to get what little sleep we could til morning, when we checked out as early as possible and went to another hotel for our last night. I firmly believe we were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, probably due to the woodburner.

As I say, I don't want to put anyone off staying there, as it's a nice place and the staff were lovely - but I would recommend only doing so during summer.

We were charged 30YTL for a double room without breakfast (it would have been 40 with breakfast).

Cave rooms, and great views from the roof.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 18, 2010

• unaS profile photo unaS
  • Reviews: 276

Saksagan Cave Hotel: Cave Hotel

A good budget hotel.

This is a cave hotel. A very interesting experience indeed.
Also enjoyed the courtyard and the breakfast there.

Good sized room, comfortable.
Good hot water for bathing.
Electric outlet for coffee maker (not supplied, I carry my own).
Comfortable bed.
No window - you are in a cave.

Lovely courtyard. Had my breakfast out there.

An interesting experience sleeping in a cave...

Located 1 minute walk from the centre of Goreme - which is a tiny little town - and next door to the hot air balloon office.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Women's Travel
  • Written April 7, 2009

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SES hotel: nice budget hotel

the SES hotel is 5 minutes walk from the center of town and very much used by hiking groups.
it's a basic clean place with friendly service and breakfast served in their little garden.
it's a good choice for those who want it simple but very clean.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 8, 2007

SES hotel.

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

arif cave pension: cheap cave rooms with a fantastic view

arif cave pension is sitting on top of the hill in goreme overlooking the goreme valley.
it's a simple family run pension with basic but clean rooms.
some of the rooms have attached bathroom.
the family that runs it is a typical traditional anatolian family where most members speak at least some english and they are very friendly and hospitable.
the place is not mentioned in lonely planet and is therefor cheaper than most other pensions in town (if a place is in lonely planet the price goes up 25 to50 in goreme).

the view from the rooftop terrace is unbeatable and the cave rooms are very charming.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written September 8, 2007
Tip Photo

one of the rooms at arif cave pension

• kentishgirl profile photo kentishgirl
  • Reviews: 1390

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Flintstones: Sleep in a cave!

Flintstones was reccommended in our guidebook, so when we arrived after our overnight journey from Antalya we walked up and found this hostel, which can only be described as a little gem!

Sleeping in a cave isnt something that you do everyday is it?! So, for us this was one of our accommodation highlights.
In the hot Turkish summer sun, sleeping in a cave is a great option because it means that the room stays very cool for one.

Our room was spacious and clean, we had twin beds and a shared bathroom which was downstairs. They included breakfast which was egg, toast, fruit and coffee. There was a bar selling reasonable priced drinks and internet.

It was only a short walk into Goreme town too.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 11, 2007
Tip Photo

Sleeping in a cave at Flintstones!

• mindruna profile photo mindruna
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tuna Caves Warning

I stayed in Tuna Caves in August 2005. Though I initially had a great time--free tea, great camaraderie, cool atmosphere--on the final night I was planning to stay, one of the male workers at Tuna Caves unlocked the door to my room in the middle of the night and attacked me. It was pretty awful, but I scratched him and he fled after I continued screaming, so no real harm was done other than scaring me terribly and really marring my feeling about Cappadocia in general and Goreme specifically. I would NOT recommend Tuna Caves for females travelling without a male companions.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written November 24, 2006

• murta profile photo murta
  • Reviews: 27

Kose Pension: Hostel with females only shared room for three

I stayed in the shared room for three females and had booked it through email. I paid 12.5 TRY (ca. 9 USD; 8 EUR) per night at the end of March 2006.

The room was heated throughout the night. I had all my breakfasts there and ate also two dinners. Both were very reasonably priced. For example a four course dinner costed only 10 TRY ( ca. 7.5 USD; 6 EUR). Breakfast service is a little slow though.

Hot water for shower was available at all times.

The restaurant was great for socialising with other travellers.

The pension/hostel had a very good location. It was close to the Goreme Open Air Museum, bus station, post office, internet cafe, pharmacy and restaurants.

One of the hosts is a native English speaker.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Photography
  • Written April 2, 2006

• gonzo747 profile photo gonzo747
  • Reviews: 277

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kose pension: friendly cheap and one great dog

I stayed in this hostel. I stayed in a single room. It costed 10 YTL a night. There was also a dormitory which was cheaper but there is no heating over there. A good option for summer but in winter not recommended.
The place itself was great. The people were nice. They have food and drinks available; You can watch a movie if you want and the showers have hot water. But the thing I loved the most about this place was Spotty the dog. He came along with me for a walk. He even joined me to the restaurant. If Spotty is with you the locals immediately know where you are staying. The dog is a local celebrity.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 3, 2006

• browncurry profile photo browncurry
  • Reviews: 9

ElkepEvi: Amazing cave hotel- luxury

If you dont mind spending around 60-100 usd to stay you must stay here. The view, breakfast terrace, service and rooms are better than most of the places I stay in North America. They will arrange everything you want. They treat you like you are the only guest there. We spent out honeymoon there for four days and I would go back tommorrow

Outstanding views and service

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 2, 2005

• DoubleDutch profile photo DoubleDutch
  • Reviews: 13

Panorma Camping: Camping

A camping just outside the centre of Goreme with a magnificant view over the valley. It's a 20 minute walk to the citycentre. The camping is managed by a father and his two sons. They show great hospitality and kindness. Example: There was a upcomming storm and all the campingguest were out. They took the stuff in, checked the tents and made the road wet to prevent a duststorm.The camping itself has a small shop. The camping has a small swimmingpool, toilets and douches with hot and cold water. All of them are not very clean. But the view especially in the evening does everything forget.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Camping
  • Written November 30, 2005
Tip Photo

• morgr profile photo morgr
  • Reviews: 258

Gumus Cave Pension: A decent option

Nothing overly special about this place. It was your basic run of the mill place to stay. Dorm bed for cheap, breakfast (extra), shower and toilet are shared though, not connected to the room.

5,000,000TL for dorm bed.

• Written December 15, 2004
Tip Photo

Gumus cave pension dorm room

• sieffron profile photo sieffron
  • Reviews: 175

Tuna Caves Pension: You'll Have a Yabba Dabba Do Time

When you go to Goreme, you have the opportunity to sleep in a cave room. It is highly recommended to take advantage of this, not only because you don't often get the chance to sleep in a cave, but because it's practical. Goreme can get hot in the summertime, but the rooms carved into the soft tufa remain at a constant cool temperature, removing the need for air conditioning or fans to be comfortable.
The Tuna Caves Pension has some pleasant cave rooms, with soft beds and private bathrooms, as well as a terrace with a great view. The owners, a Turkish guy named Zack, and his British girlfriend Lillian are very hospitable and real laid back about giving their guests lots of free extras, like tea, beer, and food.

You can sleep in a cave room. That's pretty unique, isn't it?
Tuna Caves Pension also costs about $7 per night.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism, Backpacking
  • Written October 16, 2004

Willllmaaaa!!!

• lauripetri profile photo lauripetri
  • Reviews: 7

Downtown Cave Pension: Pension

Downtown Cave Pension is hosted by a friendly young man named Hakan Demirci. It is located in downtown Goreme and it has got 22 beds. It varys from singles, doubles and dorms and it's got good rates. It's a nice and clean pension. Breakfast is included.

• Written July 27, 2004