Pashahan Hotel

Photography Museum Visits Historical Travel

Delightful hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2008

We spent two delightful nights at the Pasha Han in Goreme. When we checked in, the staff took time to tell us about the area and to give us clues about what we should see and do while we there. Then they drove us to the Outdoor Museum and offered to come back in an hour to pick us up. We declined and walked the kilometer or so back to the hotel. When they saw we do some hiking, they told us about a local hiking trail they like, drove us there and met us at the end two hours later. All for no charge. Just part of the service.

Is there a connected rug shop? Absolutely! We did visit. We did not buy a rug and felt no real pressure to buy one. We were treated like friends and guests. My companion was offered a glass of "homemade" red wine which she accepted and later proclaimed to be the best red wine she has ever had. It turns out that this is not just another rug store but they are a world-wide distributor of rugs. An extraordinary store.

When we return to Goreme, the Pasha Han can count on us to return to stay there.

Unique Quality: The view from the terrace is excellent. You are looking directly at one of the fairy chmineys.

Directions: Ask anyone after you get off the bus. It's very close.

Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Pasha Han Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2008

I stayed three nights in Pasha Han, a nicely decorated hotel in central Goreme. The rooms give a true troglodyte feel, but are quite small and a bit cramped. One of the staff I found to be most interesting, as he told me that he was a member of the Turkish FBI and could locate anything anywhere in Turkey. I found him to be quite odd and a bit creepy. They have an associated carpet shop (as do most hotels or turkish men for that matter). I was irked mildly by them when they suggested that I sell them the carpet I had purchased, and spent hours on selecting, and buy an upgraded one from them, but read more about this in my 'turkish carpets' blog in my pages. The terrace has a nice feel for it for breakfast, the usual bread and spread with the occasional fruit, cheese, tomato and olive. Overall I rate this hotel to be quite average

Nearby Pashahan Hotel

Pashahan Hotel

• Pashahan Hotel Goreme

Address: Roma Kalesi ArkasI, Goreme, Cappadocia, 50180, Turkey

6 Photos of Pashahan Hotel

View Professional Photos

Goreme Travel Forum

Need advice about Goreme, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Goreme and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Goreme hotel reviews