Sunset Cave Hotel

Sunset Cave Hotel
Priceline.com Travelocity Hotels.com

• smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Simply the best!!!

Arriving at 5am, after a gruelling bus ride from Istanbul and being thrown out in Goreme town centre, having never been there before and it all looking rather closed up and in the middle of nowehere, I was wondering "what now!" I had booked the Sunset Cave Hotel I had no idea where it was in relation to where I had been thrown out and I had even less of an idea how I was meant to find it when the town was asleep!
    However, 10 minutes later a car pulled up, a man leaned out the window and said "Emma!" - Sunset had been informed that the bus had arrived and had VERY kindly come to collect us.
    Despite arriving so early we were given a room at once so that we could shower (VERY grateful for that) and then they gave us breakfast which was a complete bonus!
    Our room was large and comfortable (a family room with a bathroom)
    When we tok off to the east of Turkey for a few days we were allowed to leave some of our backpacks at the hotel which was a blessing.
    They phoned the balloon company to check what time we were going to be collected the next morning and when we returned (having been away for a few days) we weregiven an even nicer room with amazing views acorss Goreme. On our last night they gave us a bottle of yummy local wine and sitting in the silence, overlooking the bizarre landscape, drinking it was,,, idealic.
    The morning we left they drove us MILES away to collect the car we had hired. Really was well beyond any line of customer care/duty
    LOVELY PEOPLE LOVELY PLACE. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I would not hesitate to go back and stay there.

Unique Quality: The finest and freshest breakfast in the whole of Turkey.

More about Goreme

At the end of the journeyAt the end of the journey

Love Valley - near GoremeLove Valley - near Goreme

Open Air Museum - GöremeOpen Air Museum - Göreme

Beautiful Goreme balloonBeautiful Goreme balloon

Travel from Goreme to Malatya

by wazgd

I wish to travel from Goreme to Malatya in order to then see Nemrut Dagi and those big stone heads. Has anyone travelled this route before and can you advise on the easiest way to do so (I am assuming coach travel is cheapest). If you recommend a better place to stay than Malatya in that area then please do so.

I am then wishing to travel from there to Syria. Do coaches travel from Malatya to, say, Aleppo in northern Syria?

RE: Travel from Goreme to Malatya

by traveloturc

Dear friend
First of all Nemrut Dagi (mountain) is not in Malatya and you have to go to Adiyaman city instead of Malatya.You can easly find some busses from Nevsehir
To Adiyaman which is 520Km far from each other.Another alternative is to go to Kayseri and find a bus from Kayseri to Adiyaman.
After your stay in Adiyaman or Kahta ( the nearest place to nemrut mountain)
You can find some busses to go to Antakya(Hatay state) and than you can find busses to go to Aleppo .
good luck

Travel Tips for Goreme

Exploring Fairy Chimneys

by sandysmith

The locals have called the rock formation the "fairy chimneys" and its great to be able to explore inside them. Several of these in Monks Valley can be scaled with the help of ladders to reach the upper levels.

the dinners on the high way to go to Nevsehir..

by KIZGINdamdakiKedi

if you are going on winter,you had better cover yourself .
especially for children winter is very cold and windy snowy in jan.

spring is great time to visit.

Summer is very humid and hot ! there are pharmacies and markets in Avanos. Close to Goreme&Peri bacalari Wherever you go,you will see little stores to buy any Photo Equipment Goreme and Peri Bacalari are under protection area thats why there is no any Camping area. *the dinners&kind of restaurants on the high way to go Goreme..not clean :(
thats why you had better to get some wet wipes w/u
If you are going there without any tour and you need to eat something you may need some cash to go to small restaurants (out of Avanos)
as i wrote before ,since this area under protection,nobody have a permit to make any big hotels around. Hotels are out of Goreme and mostly of them with ** .There is just one hotel with **** (Dedeman Hotel-Goreme)

Early Riser's get the Worms!!!!! (2)

by balhannah

As I was too early for Breakfast, I went for a walk around Goreme. So much peace & quiet, it was beautiful!
Here, in Town, I found lots of places where the Horses that work the fields in day time are stabled at their Owner's Home at night. Nearly all had gone at that early hour, but I did manage to find one Horse with his feed, not just a pile of grass & Manure as evidence!

Avanos

by MalenaN

Avanos is a town north of Göreme, famous for its pottery. If you are going on a tour you will probably make a stop at one of the workshops.
When I went on the Ihlara-tour from Göreme one stop was at a pottery workshop in Avanos. The pottery is handpainted and can be very nice. In the shop I visited there were different rooms depending on the cuality of the pottery. I can tell you that in the most expensive room there were many beautiful things.

rock churches.

by cachaseiro

cappadocia is world famous for it's rock churches that were carved in to the rocks by christians around 800 to 1100AD.
there are still many well preserved churches with frescos on the walls.
they can be found all over cappadocia, but the highest concentration is at the goreme open air museum.

Comments