Sunset Cave Hotel

smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Simply the best!!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 7, 2011

Arriving at 5am, after a gruelling bus ride from Istanbul and being thrown out in Goreme town centre, having never been there before and it all looking rather closed up and in the middle of nowehere, I was wondering "what now!" I had booked the Sunset Cave Hotel I had no idea where it was in relation to where I had been thrown out and I had even less of an idea how I was meant to find it when the town was asleep!
However, 10 minutes later a car pulled up, a man leaned out the window and said "Emma!" - Sunset had been informed that the bus had arrived and had VERY kindly come to collect us.
Despite arriving so early we were given a room at once so that we could shower (VERY grateful for that) and then they gave us breakfast which was a complete bonus!
Our room was large and comfortable (a family room with a bathroom)
When we tok off to the east of Turkey for a few days we were allowed to leave some of our backpacks at the hotel which was a blessing.
They phoned the balloon company to check what time we were going to be collected the next morning and when we returned (having been away for a few days) we weregiven an even nicer room with amazing views acorss Goreme. On our last night they gave us a bottle of yummy local wine and sitting in the silence, overlooking the bizarre landscape, drinking it was,,, idealic.
The morning we left they drove us MILES away to collect the car we had hired. Really was well beyond any line of customer care/duty
LOVELY PEOPLE LOVELY PLACE. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I would not hesitate to go back and stay there.

Unique Quality: The finest and freshest breakfast in the whole of Turkey.

Nearby Sunset Cave Hotel

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Goreme Travel Forum

Need advice about Goreme, Turkey? Visit the Travel Forum for Goreme and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Goreme hotel reviews