Urgup Yolu 2 km, Nevsehir, Cappadocia, 50200, Turkey

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 57% less but rated 14% lower than other 5 star hotels

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Dedeman Cappadocia

A lovely hotel where you were treated like royalty. The food was outstanding, a lovely buffet with a wide variety to choose from. The rooms were nice and comfortable.

More about Dedeman Hotel

Renting a Car in Southern Turkey

by Weissdorn

I have rented a car several times in Turkey, and I have found out, that depending on the city, agency or season the price can fluctuate enourmously. The most expensive vehicle I rented was from Avis in Marmaris, a Fiat with air conditioning for 260 € for 2 days. The most economical car I rented was in Antalya in the Lobby of the Dedeman Hotel in downtown Antalya from Thrifty Car Rental for 30 € for 2 days.
Not wanting to spam anyone, but I got the car in the picture that Sabine's driving for only 30 € and it was a brand new Fiat with air conditioning, so I can recommend them.

North east

by iaint

I'm trying to choose between the north east and the northwest for a 4-5 day trip at the end of July.

I think I can find plenty to see and do in the Trabzon/Rize area for that length of time.

Problem is, VT comes up with very little when it for hotels in either place. Plan might be 2 nights in Trabzon and 2 further east. We'd have a car, so getting around would be flexible enough. I see a Dedeman hotel close to Rize, but no reviews.

I'm not a big fan of 5* places (too many years of business travel) but quite happily stay in decent 3-4*. Also very happy in good quality guest house or B&B type places.

Any ideas out there?

by footstool

Have you tried TripAdvisor.com?

by mikelisaanna

www.nisanyan.net is a website with a lot of nice little family-run hotels around Turkey. I didn't see any listed on there in Trabzon, but they do have a bunch located in the nearby mountains. There is also a website called hotelsinturkey.net that has links to hotels around various parts of Turkey.

by iaint

Thanks. Tripadvisor is a bit sparse, like VT. Maybe no-one goes there.

We could ask a friend/relative who is from the area, but then we'd end up staying with his mother and probably helping out with the hazelnut harvest to boot.

The 2 Turkish sites are quite good, and a few possibilies are now in my mind...

Mind you, one place in the mountains south of Rize offers

"...a nice old serender - a timber storehouse built on stilts in the regional style - with two unheated, very basic rooms of greater character"

In the picture it looks like a cow shed!

by footstool

if you're lucky, one of those buildings is the outhouse!

by Sirvictor