4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Yunak Evleri

Distinctive Yunak

by TripAdvisor Member Cris2007

Since it was my first trip to Cappadocia, I really did not know what to expect from a cave hotel. What a pleasant surprise...most different but memorable and unique. Loved it! It was spacious and nicely appointed and amenities were great. Checking in process and area were very pleasant. We were given wine and nuts while checking in.

Though our dining experience was average (Food was uninspired and the two wait staff were a bit disorganized and slow. We even had to wait for at least 10 minutes before our wine was brought to the table.), I definitely would recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again. Breakfast was terrific...great view from the breakfast area!!!

It would be nice if the wait staff knew a little more English or Spanish.

wonderfull experience

by TripAdvisor Member civiri

We had an excelent stay at the Yunak. We were for 12 days touring all over Turkey . The Yunak is a magical place, and the staff, especially Abdulah, was very attentive and willing to make everybody feel great. Highly recomended place. Good food, spectacular setting.

Quirky and Cool

by TripAdvisor Member RWMonty

My son and I traveled throughout Turkey recently and when in Cappadoccia stayed at the Yunak House. What fun! I don't believe I've ever stayed in a more unique place in all of my travels! One cannot fully appreciate its uniqueness through a review or even seeing the pictures. Yunak must be experienced! Just like any other good hotel with friendly service and good food, the Yunak also provides that memory that will last a lifetime of sleeping comfortably in a cave of all places. We mainly saw couples of all ages but what a great place to take children! They'd never forget it. The rooms are clean, modern, and quite comfortable although the temps were a somewhat warm (we asked for a fan). The view is incomparable of the region as it overlooks the valley which is also enjoyed as one eats a terrific sampling of Turkish breakfast treats. Don't hesitate to experience one of the most unique places you'll ever visit!

Best hotel to visit Cappadocia

by TripAdvisor Member Bodrum07

Trip to Cappadocia is usually "once in a life time" kind of trip, and thus the place one stays should fit to this quality and scale. Yunak Evleri reaches to that level. I was very impressed with the quality and attention of service provided. Kindness and smile is included. Overall complex and particular carved out rooms capture "the essential sense of place of Cappadocia", and "being in Cappadocia" . Restaurant terrace is spectacular, service is great. Every room has a terraces looking to a great view, one can actually spend time just sitting and enjoying a book, or watching the change of daylight at the view. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a complete Cappadocia experience.

Cave magic in Cappadocia

We enjoyed staying in the truly wonderful Yunak Evleri cave hotel which offers breakfast and dinner with one of the most breathtaking views imaginable (though you do need to smoke out the morning wasps). We had a de luxe and very large cave room, with large bathroom and seating area, minibar and a CD system (with a CD library in the main block). The hotel offers free internet access and has a DVD library for movie viewing. Set dinner was good, but a little pricey. The staff were unfailingly helpful and the hotel arranged an excellent day tour of the wonderful local historic and geological sites. Particularly good for food is the nearby Dimrit restaurant, where we had a splendid dinner before taking in the mesmerising Islamic dances of the whirling dervishes (a trip also arranged by the hotel).

Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member 06sun

I stayed at the Yunak Evleri for 3 nights in July 2007. What a fabulous experience. This is a luxurious cave hotel in Urgup. Our double room was large and beautiful. The marble bathroom was large and tastefully decorated. The price for the room was 120$ US and very reasonable for this experience.

We were offered a welcome drink upon arrival as our bags were carried to our room. The staff were helpful and offered to arrange any private day trips in the area.

The hotel is about a 8-10 minute walk downhill to the town center. It's a nice walk with caves along the road.

Breakfast is served on a terrace from which you have a nice view of the area (valleys, caves...). The breakfast was wonderful, however there were about 20 wasps that came out as soon as you sat down to eat. The staff brought out burning Turkish coffee to our table to smoke them out (it worked!). Breakfast was included. We ate dinner one night on the same terrace (no wasps at night). The set dinner menu was good but a little pricey as this ended up being the most expensive meal of our vacation (the drinks were expensive).

Our double room was equipped with a large bed, marble bathroom, hair dryer, mini fridge, c-d player and lots of storage space. You can borrow cds from the music room. The drinks in the mini bar were pricey (3 lira for a small bottle of water).

The staff were always available to help. They were very friendly.

Aside from the expensive drinks, I can't fault this establishment in any way. It was a memorable experience and I would return in a flash.

The most amazing hotel in Capadoccia!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Brooklynite512

My fiancee and I just got back from a trip to Turkey which included 3 nights at the Yunak. And let me tell you, it is THE ONLY PLACE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER. First and foremost, the staff is the most hospitable, warmest and most helpful of any hotel staff I've encountered anywhere in the world, from the manager to the cleaning staff, and I'm not one to hyperbolize. From the moment we arrived, they were trying to help us plan our itinerary. We initially had planned to stay at another hotel nearby after the first night that our guidebook had recommended, and they weren't defensive about our plans- in fact, they helped us plan a hot-air balloon trip and told the balloon company to call the other hotel for us! When we changed our mind and were fortunate enough to be able to stay there for the next two nights, they were not only genuinely excited, but they also made sure they weren't stepping on the other hotel's toes (they called the other hotel). Additionally, the rooms themselves are really cool- they are set in a cave, formerly people's homes that have been renovated. Everything is top notch- the beds and bedding, the fixtures and furniture, the bathrooms, soap and shampoo, etc. And the main building where the staff is located on the grounds is a former mansion, which in addition to being beautiful and loaded with antiques, has a music room (from which music is piped outside during breakfast and dinner), a dvd room where one can watch a film and free internet access. There's also a fridge stocked with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (for a charge). The breakfast is phenomenal, included in the price. Breakfast and dinner (20 US dollars for a 4 course meal, a very good option) are served on the terrace of one of the hotel buildings and in addition to the music you hear, you are serenaded by these birds that seem to sing and fly around the hotel all day (thankfully, they sleep at night). My fiancee has much better photos of the hotel, otherwise I'd show you photos as well. My fiancee and I left wishing we could have our wedding there. So take my word for it- STAY AT THIS HOTEL -IT'LL MAKE YOUR TRIP.

Great hotel and experience

by TripAdvisor Member GratefulDave

We stayed for three nights. We had two rooms for us and our teenage sons. We were in adjacent rooms and shared a large patio. The place is great and deserves all the praise. The rooms are very well furnished. We got standard rooms, so unlike some of the reviewers, we knew we weren't getting the best rooms with the best views. Nonetheless, both rooms were spacious, really interesting ( a cave at a lower level) and well equipt. There are many terraces with chairs to sit in and take in different views.

The service was great. There seemed to be no limit to the staff's assistance. If they had trouble understanding, they brought over someone who could understand. The Assistant Manager - Abdullah- was always there to serve us. It was magical, we'd have a question or need and he'd appear. We were well taken care of before, during and after our stay.

We left some stuff in our rooms and he arranged for it to be shipped to a furture destination and helped deal with the subsquent challenge finding the shipping office that had no English speaking personnel.

The view from the terrace are beautiful. We had dinner there twice and breakfast everyday from the terrance. Breakfast was good and plentiful, though you had to walk a little from the house that had the food to the terrace. Staff were around to help. Dinner was excellent the first night and good the second time. It is a fixed menu/price dinner.

This was one of the greatest hotels we have ever stayed at. It is well designed and furnished and has perks like a large CD and DVD collection. It is a unque experience. The services and accommodations are special.

David

The most wondrous hotel in the world

by TripAdvisor Member dream_genie

My husband and I stayed here last summer, and it was the most magical experience. The rooms are literally carved out of rock and furnished and decorated exquisitely. We felt transported to another time and place. We enjoyed our "cave room," especially how cool and comfortable it was inside, even in the sweltering heat--without A/C--not at all necessary, and truly a wonder.

The place was immaculate--we saw the cleaning staff working from morning to night, no exaggeration. All meals were served on the outdoor terrace, with a spectacular view of the hills and countryside below.

When we checked out, we paid with traveler's checks and cash--not knowing that there was a discount for paying cash, so we paid the full price and went outside to wait for transport to the airport. What a pleasant surprise when Abdullah, a very kind and helpful member of the staff, came to us and returned $50, the discount! We were both so surprised at the kindness and HONESTY of the people. Truly remarkable! This is a beautiful place and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We can't recommend it highly enough.

Warm thanks to everyone (though a year late)!!

Sharon and Robert

stunning experience

by TripAdvisor Member suzPerth

We just enjoyed a wonderful three night stay at this stunning cave hotel in Urgup,the location is magical and the incredibly tastefully laid out and decorated hotel fits beautifully into the most awesome and unique landscape .

The manager Hussein and especially assistant manager Abdullah (as well as all the staff)were incredibly friendly, helpful and knowlegeable ,they went to great lengths to make sure our stay was memorable and that we didn't miss out on any of the regions attractions.

Highly recommend this hotel experience.

Belly danceBelly dance

Dance from AnatoliaDance from Anatolia

Turkish Wedding CeremonyTurkish Wedding Ceremony

Whirling Dervishes DanceWhirling Dervishes Dance

Hotel in Cappadocia Yunak Evleri or Sacred House?

by merbel

Debating between these two. ANy thoughts?

by merbel

Thanks. We are booked now at Yunak. What are good restaurants for dinner in Urgup?

by Alikatt

Hello Merbel. Were you able to be assisted by Yesim of Joy Tour? Yunak is great I hear although I have yet to stay there. My best friend was there last year around at this time when the first snowfall happened. Say hi to Yusuf for me if he is there.

by merbel

Thank you for your recommendation. We ended up using a Turkish travel agency out of Cappadocia and had a wonderful trip. However, I appreciate your referral. Turkey was fantastic and I look forward to traveling there again.
Food, architecture, scenery, shopping, people.
Yunak was nice but, seeing both, Sacred House would have been my pick. However, can't go wrong with either!

Any Cave Hotels Reccomended?

by kubowsky

Hi,

Although I am fro Turkey and been to Capadocia I couldnt find any available cave hotels-pensions. Does anybody know any nice cave hotel-pension around Cappadocia area? Or maybe some other nice pensions atleast with basic standards suitable for adults?

by FAIRYCHIMNEY

try www.goremehouse.com , nice and quiet place in goreme..or if you let me know about your budget i can suggest you few more :)

by kubowsky

The budget varries actualy according to the service. Can you suggest some 'cave' hotels? We prefer Urgup area but if there is some other nicer ones it would be any.

by FAIRYCHIMNEY

yunak evleri , sacred house , esbelli evi are the best in Urgup : price range changes from 140 up 180 usd per day including breakfast

Comments