Sanliurfa Hotels

Our Members Say

• MM212 profile photo MM212
  • Reviews: 4000

Manici Hotel: Excellent Location

With its envious location overlooking the Citadel, Manici Hotel was quite convenient during our one night stay in Urfa. But, beyond location, it is really not much more than an eclectically decorated, banal modern hotel - speaking quite frankly. The staff were helpful and courteous, though, and the breakfast was plentiful and tasty, so I really do not have any complaints, especially vis-a-vis the relatively modest price we paid. The hotel is housed in a new building, constructed in the style of old Urfa architecture (adjoined to an old building?) . Our other choices were Hotel El-Ruha and Cevahir Konuk Evi. The latter should have been my first choice because it is a converted old palace and therefore scores high on charm, but it was a touch pricier and a little further away from the citadel (which isn't really a problem). Next time, I would probably try it.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Castles and Palaces, Historical Travel
  • Written March 15, 2013

Manici Hotel, Dec 2012

• smirnofforiginal profile photo smirnofforiginal
  • Reviews: 965

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kilim Otel: no less no more

It is without remarkable character.
The staff are neither friendly or unfriendly - they do their job.
It is clean and it feels safe.
Having walked passed some hotels I was very much relieved when we walked into the Kilim Otel!

I stayed here for 1 night with a very small group of people on our return from a trip to Nemrut Dagi. Having seen the other people staying at this hotel I can safely guess that our situations were all similar.

Breakfast was a large and varied buffet.
Dinner was an "Interesting" experience. My family were the first to arrive, as aprt of a larger group. We were immediately given a luke warm bowl of soup each, a small bowl of salad and aplate of dinner. As the other guests in our group arrived they were also given soup and dinner but the salad went by the wayside. I tried explaining that I do not eat meat. They did not really understand until one of the Turkish speakers translated for me. They took it quietly away and brought me a bowl of yogart which had possibly been sitting out of the fridge all day by the look of it. There was no spoon so I couldn't eat it anyway! As we were leaving my dinner finally arrived - it was a plate of oil with eggplant drowning in more oil... I think we all went to bed a little confused with our dining experience and with various levels of hunger!

Food aside for a clean, safe, no frills accommodaation - this place hits the spot.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 1, 2011
Tip Photo

• whiskeycreekwilly profile photo whiskeycreekwilly
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Urhay: Good & inexpensive

This is a beautiful but small hotel on a side street in downtown 'Urfa". For 20 lira (about $17US off season) you get a single room with your own bathroom, air conditioning, satellite TV, wifi & breakfast. A plate of fruit & melon was also delivered to my room each evening. The hotel is very beautifully made from white stone. This place does not seem to have been found by foreign travelers yet but it should be on their radar.

The only glitch is that the staff speaks very little English. Generally this is not a probelm since they are so very friendly and eager to please. Beware that a local tout or fixer, Ridwan, hangs about offering to help with English. He can be very overbearing & difficult to get rid of. He was the only negative aspect to my stay at this hotel.

There is a restaurant & lounge by the front desk, and additional tables just outside the restaurant area in the courtyard. 24 hour hot water in the rooms

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written December 29, 2009
Tip Photo

• traveloturc profile photo traveloturc
  • Reviews: 1633

Edessa: holy hotel

Edessa is the old name of the city.And this hotel is just located in front of the Mosque Halilul Rahman and so called "lake of fishes".although this is just a pool
The hotel is rated as the best hotel in town .Dont expect too much luxury because even the aircondition was added recently

• Written June 10, 2006

Edessa Hotel

• suvanki profile photo suvanki
  • Reviews: 2364

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Turban Urfa Oteli: Mid- range hotel- handy location.

I arrived at this hotel in the early hours of the morning after an 'interesting' journey from Erzerum. I hadn't pre booked any accom, but the bus driver had stopped a passing taxi driver, and instructed him to take me to a hotel- this was the only one that was open- a bit more expensive and smarter than the hotels that I'd been staying at, but thought I'd give it a try for at least one night ( I stayed 2).

The staff appeared quite friendly and efficient. My room was quite spacious, and there was a sizeable bathroom, with a full length bath!!! Luxury for me! plus bidet! I think some rooms had air con.

However, I did experience a situation, that could have become quite nasty.
Wanting a coffee, I was directed to the rooftop bar. There wasn't any coffee or even cay, so I decided to have a beer. Some nearby University students started chatting to me, and I ended up spending an hour or so. When I wanted to pay my bill, the barman asked for my Rm number. As always I showed him the number on my keyring (I don't announce it)
A few minutes after returning to my room, there was a hammering on my door (I ignored it) Then shortly after, my phone rang - it was one of the students wanting to know If I 'wanted company'! I told him NO! and put the phone down, before phoning reception and complaining about this youth being given my room number (presumably by the barman)

To be continued..

Quite centrally located- but near to mosque, so be prepared for the call to prayer!

Rooftop restaurant and bar- frequented by residents and non - residents.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Business Travel, Religious Travel
  • Written August 21, 2005

Taxi rank - Belediye

• cbeaujean profile photo cbeaujean
  • Reviews: 1083

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

harran: choose,if possible,first category hotel

most of hotels look rather dirty,and without AC (important,here)!
so,if you can afford it,choose a first category one as hotel harran.

swimming pool (a lot of pigeons!),spacious rooms.....
terrace restaurant ....really good meal ,carte with big choice....
they serve cold beer and expensive local wines!
succulent breakfast buffet!

50 euros/night/2pers. with breakfast

• Written November 25, 2004

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hospitality Pension

I didn't stay at this place but I met some people who did. I went there in the evening to eat and have a beer. It looked like a nice place. It is more like a home stay with a very nice family. The house is situated among other homes but close to the fishponds and castle. There is a nice view over the castle from the roof. The roof was where most people were sleeping as it is absolutely the best place in the heat that was in Sanliurfa in July. I don't know if there is anything else than chared rooms and the roof.
The owner Aziz Kizgin picks you up for free at the bus station if you call.
He can also organise tours to Harran and Nemrut Dagi for a cheap price. When I was there he was going to take four persons to Nemrut Dagi for 100 dollars (25 dollars each).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 15, 2004

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Ipek Pasha Hotel

The first hotel where I tried to get a lower price. They had rooms for 25 000 000 TL with AC. Where then showed another room with fan, TV and bathroom for 20 000 000 TL. The room was small and dark. Finally got a similar room but lighter for
15 000 000 TL. Breakfast is included. There are also cheaper rooms with shared bathrooms.
Breakfast is served between 7.30 and 10 in a special breakfast room on the second floor.
The hotel is close to the bus stop for buses for the otogar. It is also close to Nemrut Tours that organises tours to Harran and Nemrut Dagi for a reasonable price.

• Written October 15, 2004
Tip Photo

• antlegg profile photo antlegg
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aziz's Hospitality Pension: A gem of a pension in Sanliurfa

I had the intention of staying in Urfa for a night or two at the most. I end up staying a whole week. I had taken an overnight bus from Ankara arriving at the otogar at 7am. Consequently I was still quite drowsy and not very alert. Aziz greeted me with a cheery smile and "merhaba". He offered to drive me to his pension a short distance away in the old part of the city. It was very simple but also just what I needed, traditional Kurdish hospitality.It was a great way to obtain a glimpse of Kurdish life in Turkey.

Aziz's wife Fereda supplies two meals every day. The breakfast is my personal favourite with the strawberry jam to die for. I am already dreaming about that homemade jam.

Aziz also can drive you toany number of tourist sites in the area including Harran, Nemrut Dagi, and the Ataturk Dam.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 21, 2004

• olessair profile photo olessair
  • Reviews: 279

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gulizar Palace: Traditional style hotel in Urfa

Nice hotel in restorated traditional house with the inner courtyard.
Excellent and clean place to stay in dirty Urfa.
The only minus is that personnel doesn't speak English.
ATTENTION: don't missunderstand this hotel with GUL Palace or Gulizar Konak Evi. These are 3 different hotels!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 18, 2003

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1368

We stayed at a fairly modern...

We stayed at a fairly modern hotel on the main road heading north from the old centre (Dergah)...I can't remember the name, but there were plenty of similar hotels along this road, all charging about $10 per night.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written October 4, 2002

• yoshimi profile photo yoshimi
  • Reviews: 91

The best accomodation in Urfa...

The best accomodation in Urfa is the 'ValiliĆ°i konukevi' (Old Governor House).
Price: 50US/night for 1 double room with bathroom and shower.

Historical building, Food.

Tip Photo

• aniaqna profile photo aniaqna
  • Reviews: 4

I recommend a place called...

I recommend a place called 'Ipek Palas Hotel'. Quite cheap but very clean, comfortable and pleasant.
One night for one person is about 6$

If you ask a manager of that hotel about a room where lived a man who was very important for islam, he will be glad to show you that. It is incredible to be in the same room where this bright man ate, slept, read... Manager's name is Omar.
Beside in Urfa is extremely hot in summer and this hotel is a perfect place to spend the worst hours during the day.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful