Al `Ayn Hotels

Our Members Say

• JessH profile photo JessH
  • Reviews: 561

INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL AL AIN: A luxurious oasis-resort & great facilities

We used to stay here quite frequently, especially in the summer months where Dubai is unbearably hot and humid, whereas Al Ain endures more of a "dry" heat. This hotel is a beautiful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Dubai and the other emirates.
It is set in ever-expanding gorgeous gardens and extensive renovation works over the past few years have turned the Intercontinental into a wonderful resort oasis in the "oasis" city of the United Arab Emirates.

The rooms of the main building all look-out either onto the extensive hotel gardens with the beautiful red sand dunes as a backdrop, or you can have a view of the Hajjar Mountains.
Three pools, a sports court, various children's activities, secluded garden walkways and some fantastic restaurants (we've been known to drive here just for their lunch buffet, and then drive back to Dubai in the evening ;-) set high standards and the Intercontinental definitely won't disappoint.

Whenever we've stayed here, the staff were very curious and always did their best to fulfill any special requests we might have had.

One of the most impressive additions over the past few years has been the 22 Mediterranean-style luxury villas (!) available for guests that have an extra buck or two to spend.

With this growth and improvement, unfortunately prices have also gone up at this hotel.
But if you're looking to spoil yourself in 5* star luxury, I would sincerely recommend this hotel.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 28, 2008
Tip Photo

Al Ain Intercontinental Hotel (from their website)

• zuyao profile photo zuyao
  • Reviews: 345

Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet: Hotel on the peak

Located almost at the peak of Jebel Hafeet, this is a hotel with a nice view of Jebel Hafeet mountains as well as the surrounding desert and Al Ain city. A nice place to spend a quiet weekend with your loved ones or family. Enjoy a nice Arabian dinner with shisha as you take in the beautiful view from the mountains. The hotel staffs are friendly and helpful.

On the peak of Jebel Hafeet with a marvelous view of the rocky mountains and the desert dunes.

• Written November 12, 2007

• Doctor38 profile photo Doctor38
  • Reviews: 331

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain

This new hotel, locate on top of Jebel (Mt.) Hafeet is a very nice 5 star facility has a Middle Eastern, and a French restaurant. There is also a coffee shop, a bar, a swimming pool , a tennis court and conference room facilities. The Food was great and the staff were friendly. This was a true 5 star facility and experience

Follow the Brown signs the will point you to Jebel Hafeet, the Zoo and Ain Alfaida

• Written July 31, 2007

The Hotel Lobby

• Doctor38 profile photo Doctor38
  • Reviews: 331

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Al ain Alfaydha Hotel

Al ain Alfaydha is a natural spring. It has a hotel room and seprate chalets. A room will cost you 128 Dh, for 2 it will cost a 192 Dh. For Chalet prices call the number below.

The facility has a swimming pool, A bowling allay a gym, A pool hall, a restaurant and a coffee shop. You need your private transportation as this hotel is out of town.

The price is a bargin. This place is busy over the weekend (Thursad, Friday and Saturday Morning) other wise you'll have no problems finding a room.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written July 30, 2007

The Spring

Al Ain Rotana Hotel: Luxurious Surroundings

As I usually stay in my friend’s flat when I am visiting her in Al Ain, I haven’t needed to use this hotel for accommodation (I only thought of adding my impressions, as nobody else has) but I have eaten here several times and wandered around the place too.

It has a very luxurious feel about it and lots of attention must have been given to the decoration and presentation. The atmosphere also seems a little more formal than some other places locally; I think I would choose this hotel if I were looking for a relaxing break or for business but would probably feel more comfortable at the Hilton if I were travelling with children.

We had a very nice meal here at the Lebanese restaurant, which was very smart and quiet too, although that may have been because we ate a little early. The food we ordered was very tasty, although we had trouble finishing the food as we had been tempted by too many things!

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Business Travel
  • Written November 4, 2005

Al Ain Intercontinental Hotel: Lovely Garden Setting

As I usually stay in my friend’s flat when I am visiting her in Al Ain, I haven’t needed to use this hotel for accommodation but I have been there several times for meals and wandered around the place too. It seems like it would be a very nice place to stay.

We had dinner at the Wok restaurant, which has a lovely seating area in a small round conservatory, decked with plants and overlooking the gardens. Being a fussy eater and a vegetarian, I didn’t find much on the menu that appealed to me but what I had was really good and my friends enjoyed their food a lot too. There are several other places to eat at the hotel, all of which look very smart and have helpful staff.

The pool area looks nice, and it’s amazing how green and flourishing the hotel's gardens are in the middle of such a dry country, reminding you that the town of Al Ain grew up around an oasis.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Food and Dining, Business Travel
  • Written November 4, 2005

Al Ain Hilton: Good Facilities and Friendly Atmosphere

As I usually stay in my friend’s flat when I am visiting her in Al Ain, I haven’t needed to use this hotel for accommodation but I have often bought a one-day pass to use its pool and health club facilities, while she is at work, especially if her sister is also visiting and we have had lunch here several times too. I have never heard any complaints from the people I’ve met here about the rooms or the service and I have always found the people working there very cheerful and helpful, which creates a nice atmosphere.

Certainly, the pool facilities here are nice, especially for anyone travelling with children, as the leisure pool has waterslides, an island, a miniature dhow and a colourful arrangement of pipes, spouting jets of water so vigorously that it will push you along in the water, if you are floating nearby. There is a small ledge, just below the water by the bridge, where I like to sit in the shade and relax. There is also a separate pool for those that like to swim lengths, a small pool for very young children in view of the sunbathing area and a spa pool inside the health club, where the changing facilities are.

There is a bar alongside the hotel, quite near to the pool, which serves drinks and snacks but we preferred to get changed and head to the palm court café in the foyer of the hotel for our lunches; they seem to have a good selection of food and drink and it is so comfortable, peaceful and relaxing to sit here that it’s a good thing they make such nice coffee, otherwise I’d surely drop off to sleep!

• Related to: Business Travel, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written November 3, 2005

• koalaperhe profile photo koalaperhe
  • Reviews: 101

InterContinental Resort Al Ain: Oasis resort well worth visiting

This is a resort hotel with villas and hotel-style accommodations located in the town of Al Ayn (or Al Ain) near the border of the Sultanate of Oman. Closeby are mountains and deserts.

It really is a resort, great for leisure time relaxing.

Restaurants on location are aplenty, with Luce, Wok, Arabesque, Tanjore.. there's even a sports bar with pool tables.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written March 11, 2005
Tip Photo

For restoration of body and soul, this place rocks

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful