4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travel Tips for Al `Ayn

Quiet Place in UAE

by jayjayc

"Project Installation"

I accidentally visited Al Ain last 2008 because of one client meeting and project installation. It is about 2 hour drive from Abu Dhabi. I reached Al Ain late night so, I hardly see people (literally) walking on the streets. See few shops as well as some restaurants. But at far, I can say that Al Ain is way much undeveloped unlike Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I think Sharjah has grown more into becoming a city than Al Ain. But, it is really quiet in this place, though and find it a perfect place to unwind.

Al Ain Trip

by chizz

"Al Ain"

Stayed here for 6 weeks for my husband's job at the Intercontinental Hotel which gave us lots of time to see the sights and travel to Dubai a lot on weekends. Al Ain is quite a small, more conservative place than Dubai, but it is worth a trip as there are several things to do there.

General

by aquamarine_cf

"General"

Al Ayin (or Al Ain) is a middle sized city in United Arab Emirates, approx. 100 kilometers from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Althrough I have heard that Dubai residents usually refer to it as a "village", or "boring place", I have had a pretty good time there, and there are a plenty of things to see, especially if you enjoy sightseeing as I do. There is a great sightseeing point, Hafet mountain, from where you can see an entire Al Ayn and surrounding desert.
At the time that I went there, people lit up the city because of some national holliday, and it looked just beautifull.

"Desert"

Here I could enjoy a real "desert experience". Colours of sand are beautifull. Locals told me that if you go towards Abu Dhabi, sand is red, and towards Dubai, white(ish). True, as I could see. Dunes, illuminated by sun look amazing. I could take some wonderfull pictures.

"Camels"

There is a big camel market in Al Ayn. So if you want to take pictures withcute camels, this is the right place. Picture-taking right cost us around 10 dirham(AED) per person

The Desert Oasis

by Lebanese

"Al Ain or Al 'Ayn"

is part of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The moment you reach Al Ain, you will be attracted to the greenary & uniqueness of the city. My trip there was to Jebel Hafeet which is the highest mountain in UAE ( approx. 1100 mt. high). There is a nice hotel there called Mercure with great views.

Al Ain : Part 1 : December 2008

by samitbabu

"Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE"

Firstly, the location has been vastly misspelt here in Virtual Tourist.
Al Ain is a province in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi which is also the capital of the UAE.

It was one of those long weekends in early December 2008. My daughter and my wife, both being part of the school / education system here in Dubai had become bored to Death. They were going through about 7 days of continuous leave starting with the UAE National Day and ending with a three day holiday on Eid with a weekend thrown in betwen. No doubt they were getting bored within the four walls. So we planned for a trip. I originally tried to organize a couple of days trip to KhorFakkan , Oman but was not able to do so , being in such a short notice. So instead we planned for Al Ain and Zebel Hafeet Mountains as a full day trip.

I got in touch with Haji Bhai , known to me from my earlier days in Dubai. He owns a Privy and drives it for commercial use. Well…it should be clear that I do not own one yet. Drivers License is a cause to celebrate here in Dubai.. Ill put that in a later post soon. I fixed him to pick s up for the next day around 9.30.

At 9.30 am Haji Bhai was still not picking up the phone as I began to make numerous attempts to contact him. Alas, after a few tries and using other contacts he called me back. He had reached home very late at night the previous day and had ovreslept.
‘Ill be there in about 20 mins’ he promised.
Instead we ultimately started for Al Ain in about 45 mins. The skies had become moist, the weather was turning chilly and after the initial hiccup of traffic on the Dubai Sharjah Highway we began to cruise in speed. I began to play my favourite songs on my N95 , my daughter and wife were in the back seat and we began to enjoy the long drive.

Al Ain is about 125 Kms from our home and is expected to be about an hour and a half’s drive. We touched Emirates Road and then moved into the Dubai Al Ain road.
‘So what are the places to see in Al Ain ?’ I asked Haji Bhai.
‘Well the Al Ain Zoo,the palace and Zebel Hafeet’ he replied.
So we planned to go straight to the Zoo and let my daughter have a nice time. And the Sundown would be from Jebel Hafeet.

Jebel Hafeet is the highest mountain peak in UAE and is situated in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Al Ain is also a province of the same emirate.

Al Ain is green. At least that is what we felt as we drove threw it. It looked lush with trees lining most of the roads, with abundant foliage and well looked wel cared for. Compared to dubai , this looked a much more serene town with fewer traffic on the streets and lesser crowds thronging the public areas. It is a laid back atmosphere when compared to the hush and rush of Dubai. That itself was relaxing.

We reached the Al Ain Zoo at around noon time. It was fun for my little darling and she had a nice time . The zoo itsle fis huge, sprawled over a huge area and covering the whole of it in a single trip is a feat. Well we covered most of it ,but the part which my daughter really enjoyed was the section for the Gorilla. The gorilla was in a circular covered arena with some glass windows for the viewers. It was smartly leaning on the side of the glass window and had a few bananas that it was devouring on. He began to peel of the skin of the banana and ate echof them, oblivous of the crowd that had gathered by the window and watching him. And at the end of it , it ate all the banana skins too.
The ostrich was another entertainer as it began to mimic me as soon as i whistled when close to it.
The Zoo also boasts of some nocturnal animals and that is also a thrill towatch them and understand their behaviour in darkness. We accidently caught a private moment of a couple of its inhabits on camera

About three hours of touring the zoo, made us realize that our stomachs were crying for food. There is a nice food court inside with mostly burgers and other fast foods vailable which was fine with us on a travelling day. I smoked a cigarrettee and decided that it is time to go to Zebel Hafeet.

Comments