PO Box 5218, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates

Asiatravel.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• madamebooboo's Profile Photo

Outstanding!

We've just returned from the Miramar. Stayed there over Ramadan and yes..the pool was closed and it was not the hotel's fault of not informing us about it - but we had the most wonderful time. The hotel upgraded us to an exclusive suite because our air-con did not work properly. The entire staff of the hotel was amazing. The beach is clean at the moment. Our 2 year old daughter enjoyed every minute playing in the sand. The pool was opened a week earlier. The builders worked day and night ... yes, during Ramadan. We will most definitely return to the Miramar. Thank you!

More about Iberotel Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort

Absolutely Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Vickyo82

We stayed in the Mirimar Al Aqah Hotel for our Honeymoon for 6 nights and I can say that it is the perfect place to unwind and relax which is what we needed most! The staff are very friendly and the hotel is amazing. The architecture is stunning and when you have that with the mountains in the background and the beach in the other direction it makes for a brilliant holiday. The food is also something to promote, we were full board and there was a lot of choice and all of it was fresh and tasted brilliant.

I liked the free bus to Dubai which lets you look around the Mall of Emirates for a day and then takes you back to your hotel afterwards. The only negative aspect I could see is that the sea is not terribly clean and there are spots of oil on the beach which transfer themselves annoyingly to your feet however the staff are equipt for this and provide you with wipes to get the oil off.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to relax and unwind. The pool is amazing and we have a terrific time!

Getting better :)

by TripAdvisor Member cdourz

I've previously reviewed this hotel for another stay, but felt compelled to write a separate review for this stay, because I really feel that Miramar has ironed out a few kinks, as service seemed to be much better this time round.

We had some delay upon check in, as their system was down, but, they did agree to extend our check out time for a few hours, so that kind of made up for it.

Loved the gorgeous pool, and they seemed to offer more organised sports & activities for hotel guests. Loved the ground floor room, as it opened up straight onto the pool (Wake up and jump into the cold water, if you like that kinda thing) and it was close enough to the sea to hear the crashing waves.

This is a great place to whale around in a pool and enjoy the sea and have fun doing nothing at all!

brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member pippinraimham

I Struggle to find anything negative about the hotel. Brilliant 5 star hotel away from the hustle of Dubai. Excellent standards, amazing food, the service was second to none and I would totally reccomend this hotel and also retunr there myself. There is nothing around the hotel except mountains, although the hotel does offer a free bus in the evening in to Furaijah city, although not much there. If you want to chill out, east great food and relax then this is the hotel for you. We combined it with 3 nights in dubai itself, but i wished we had spent all our holiday in the Miramare.

very nice hotel but poor service

by TripAdvisor Member Designer82

We stayed this past weekend at miramar.We booked a seaview superior room on the second floor directly thru the hotel (by phone since they don't have online reservation). Upon checking in we were told that the rate was 200 AED more than what they told us over the phone ,which took forever to clear that issue and not only that but the guy checking us in was very rude saying that we were wrong and didn't bother to ask whoever booked the room or the manager,we headed to the room with the luggage man taking us to the wrong room. well upon arrival to the wrong room it took them an extra 1 hour to move us to the room we booked ( and ofcourse that envolved snapping at them). The "right" room was very nice ,spacious and had a lovely direct seaview .Breakfast was amazing lots of varieties and the restuarant itself was very big ,the service was good unlike the reception staff. We headed down to the pool which was HUGE i have to admit that they did a great job with the pool but cleaning it more often would be better (alot of sand on the floor).The beach waters are clear and very nice but you step into the water to a direct deep water ( I think they had the beach sands man made which made the shallow end dissapear).Service at the pool is very slow sometimes you need to wait for 15-30 minutes for towels and around 30-45 minutes for drinks.We had dinner at the Asian Fusion Restuarant which was amazing and service was very good , average price compared to Dubai restuarants. Housekeeping service is very slow too ,its took them almost an hour to get us what we needed (and always forgeting something) and about the same for room service(40 minutes for ice ) .There's a small cafe which served drinks and shisha at night which was very nice to sit outside and enjoy the scenery of the mountains and pool but same problem service was very disappointing takes forever to get the drinks so you might order the check at the same time .There isn't much to do in fujeriah other than enjoying the sun and beach.Overall if you're looking for a huge pool to relax in and ignore the service then miramar is beautifull for that.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JTWC79

I was on a diving trip from Dubai for the weekend and got an excellent rate for an overnight stay here, about USD 100.
The hotel is brilliant, big rooms, good restaurants, decent spa, big pool and pool bar, excellent private beach and the main part of the hotel where the lobby, bars and restaurants are is very impressive. Staff were courteous and the setting is marvellous, right on the beach with the mountains just behind.
2 slight negatives, I arrived a couple of hours early to check in having been diving in the morning but couldn't get into my room until 10minutes before 3, I thought they may have been able to find me a room sooner as the hotel wasn't that busy. Also there was no kettle in the room and it took over an hour and 3 calls to housekeeping to get one! Minor gripes really which didn't much detract from my stay. I've been to Le Meridien just up the coast and would recommend Miramar as a more Arabian themed hotel.
Incidentally the diving in the area is better than I expected, lots of sharks and visibility wasn't as bad as i'd heard it might be.

Fantastic Resort

by TripAdvisor Member patwilliams13

I stayed at the Miramar from 2-11 August 2008 with my husband and another family couple, to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays combined. We had a fantastic time, what a beautiful place, surround by mountains, and on the Indian Ocean sea front. The staff were very hospitable and friendly. I must mentioned the animation staff as both Adam and Joel entertained us and the guest outstandingly. Adam is very energetic which is needed as the weather is very hot, and he encourages us to get up and do both sport and exercise. He also performs an outstanding magician/illusion show, with glass and sword, a must to see. Joel is excellent as he was able to encourage the morning exercise sessions and daily and evening entertainment. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone. I would also go again just to experience the hospitality of both Adam and Joel who I found to be very professional but also friendly in their approach to their work. Well done!!! And I would also like to thank the General Manager for his kindness and hospitality.

Homie

by TripAdvisor Member ChefCY

Ran into the hotel through trip advisor and looked good all other same level hotels where fully booked and has a great deal 400 Dhs a room including breakfast as it was low season. We where invited by friends and we had two rooms and its was a great weekend. We stayed for two days almost 3 as we where able to get a a very late checkout due to system checking challenge.
Service is outstanding was caught at the checking that we could drop our bags enjoy a breakfast and where re-directed to restaurant and pool and our checking was done later. Service was very good and very friendly people. The Italian restaurant was amazing food very high standards and service great also we really enjoyed the night club its small but personalized not too loud and great seating. Could be even more classy if small snacks where served.
With regards to the outdoors this must be one of the few places in the world where the pool is cooler than the sea. This is a great refresher also everything is very clean and neat. Could allocate a small side of the beach for some jetskieing or waterski or the renting of a small sailing cats. Rooms are spacious clean and they have a great interactive TV system with lots of movies to relax during the hotest part of the day. I have to thank the romainian couple she works in the reception and he works as the spa manager i think they really went out of their way to make sure we where ok as we had challenge with the checkin.
Location is great for people who come and just relax for the weekend. Few things where i think the could be better.
Breakfast and lunch buffet or not of 5 Star level. Variety enough but its the quality thats count. Sausages, Scrambled egg and the juices are not so good. Presentation is not in sinc with the property. Looks very 3 star with big automatic dispensers. Free WIFI around the hotel and pool would be great.
The property as a whole is very nice and its very important to keep up the maintanince as this will quickly old and shabby.
Needs more and better advertisment as i prefer this property over Le meridieen what is located next door.

Great location, would definitely come again, but can be improved

by TripAdvisor Member Cardiff_Blues

This is a nice hotel in a great location let down by a few minor points. On arrival my wife and I were pointedly ignored by the locals who were there to assist with the baggage until we had carried the bags from the car park to the entrance and then offered assistance for the last few yards. On checking out it was fine but this time there were Filipinos assisting and they could not be more helpful. We were on the third floor and the lift by our room did not work, not normally an issue but my wife is pregnant and going up and down was a chore for her. The breakfast is a buffet and has everything you could want, if you are there midweek it is fine but at weekends it is a scrum, and you have to queue for everything and the staff are overwhelmed. Some reorganisation is needed as the room is big enough to cope. Some other minor points like needing to ask for dressing gowns and slippers and restocking of beverages which is not the norm for a five star hotel.

If you want a pleasant quiet time though, this is really nicely situated and despite the irritants above we would come again, especially as we live in the Middle East and the weather and climatic conditions there are a welcome break from the extremes which prevail in Abu Dhabi at this time of year. It is just that you get used to an exceptionally high standard of service here and what was the case here fell short of the norm.

Relaxation is the theme

by TripAdvisor Member Rae23

We have just returned from a 10 day trip in Fujairah. The hotel is authentic and boasts stunning views with mountains on one side and beaches on the other. The service was incredible and staff were all very accomodating. we stayed in a superior room overlooking the sea which you should ask for although most do anyway.

suggestion would be to go fully inclusive on these resorts as these hotels monopolise in everything and i mean everything. everything is a distance and you would need transport to get there. the hotel is exactly 2 hours from dubai which is like bath from london so quite a journey in hot weather. these resorts are very new so there is absolutely nothing to do. as we were into exploring and dining away from the hotel, this didnt agree with us though the food was lovely. this hotel offers an Italian, a beach bar, an International buffet and what was a very pretentious thai restaurant. Unfortunately after 10 days the limited choices can make you crave for home comforts. this is probably a place should you wish to laze around every day but not for people who want to explore the country. we did hire a private car to take us to dubai and found that dubai didnt really have anymore to offer - seems to me that you go to UAE to live in the hotel for the holiday and not much else as most of its mainly shopping centres and not much else. i am afraid you cant pick up bargains or expect to find old streets and if you do , please cover yourself in a long burkha as men are not used to seeing women out with any skin showing! this was quite scary and i wouldnt like to see mysefl alone on a street at night.
apart from that great hotel and very new and luxurious but absolutely nothing to do!

Al Aqqua: marine park near Fujairah

by ludogatto

Al Aqqua is a little village between Kor Fakkan and Dibba on the Indian Ocean......the costal area is a marine national park, with a nice reef, tropical fishes and corals, there are some rules to follow, but nobody do it ( no fishing, don't touch corals,...).....the area is nice but in the last 4 years all the beach area was exploted by big new resorts.......the oldest Hotel ( Sandy Beach) is at the start of the beach, in front of Snoopy Island, the best place to do snorkling without a boat.......at the end of the beach 4 years ago there were only the monstrous Le Meridien 5 stars Beach Hotel....now in the 2/3 km of this beach there are a Rotana resort, a Iberotel Miramar and 3 new resorts under construction...there no more free beach!

This costal area, betwen Dibba and Fujhaira is under construction with new developement project for tourism! All the beaches are reserved for an explotation and sometimes where there are only rocks ( like in Jal resort near Dibba) is usual to build the beach!

Between Al Aqqa and Kor fakkan there is a new big project: 2 new concrete peninsula in the middle of the sea to build big villas with private boat place, gardens and more......similar to the Palm or World in front of Dubai....if u have a look to google Heart in this area u can see this 2 penisula with the hook shape!

I loved this area but I think this is the last time....I want to keep in my mind the last pics of my old Al Aqqua area......
It'a a city with some hotel, but it's an industrial palce, so is better to move to Kor Fakkan. I haven't picture of this city cause I passed there only to retour in Dubai city....I prefered to stay in Al Aqqa, is a little group of house 5/6 km from Kor Fakkan but is the perfect palce to do snorkel or diving....have a look to my tips.....

Fujahira is under construction too and in the last 4 years is grow up a lot.....It was a city with some hotels, an industrial port for containers.....now u can find everithing: shopping center, amusement for childrens, cinemas, beauty center, club.......I think in 4/5 years can be a little Dubai on this ocean coast.

Kor Fakkan is more little with a beautifull coniche and a beautiful beach in the city! At one side of the beach there is Oceanic Hotel on the other hand the commercial port. U can find big supermarket, good resturants, healt center and everithing u need.

Umm Al Quwain stampsUmm Al Quwain stamps

FujairahFujairah

Stone of desiresStone of desires

Fruits and Vegetables MarketFruits and Vegetables Market

Miramar Al Aqah

by louloubelle

Hi just wondering if anyone could help me please? Are there 2 Miramar Al Aqah hotels? Is one Iberotel? I am thinking of booking but am slightly confused if there is one or two Miramar hotels! Also are the restaurants in the hotels non smoking?
Thanks!

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Hi there,
As far as I know there is one Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort in Fujairah, check their official web site:

Good luck.

by dave.richards

http://www.iberotel.de/en/hotels/details.php?id=40 is for the Iberotel Miramar. It is one and the same.

by louloubelle

Thanks to you both - think I might book it! My boyfriend wants to hire a car so we can explore + eat outside the hotel as it's probably very expensive to eat in the hotel. Are there any good Arabic restaurants in the vicinity? Is it really dangerous to drive over there?
Thanks!

by Doctor38

I don't know about the resturants in that area. The only danger that I can think of is the fact that you are British and you are used to drive on the other side of the road so be careful. If you DON'T have THAT driving problem, you should be ok.

by dave.richards

Maybe my pages on Fujairah will help -

Driving during the day is ok. Its when the sun goes down that the juvenile speed freaks appear like bats in the night. The Masafi to Dibba road is a no go route to take at night.
You'll find a few decent places to eat in Khor Fakkan if Fujairah is too far for you to drive (its about 40 miles from your hotel, but a nice drive).

Comments