Po Box 3527 Corniche Road United Arab Emirates

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• dave.richards's Profile Photo

A touch of class

We stayed here in 2004 as a change from Fujairah. I telephoned the hotel prior to our stay to confirm the booking, which I made online and asked the price of an upgrade to a Junior Suite. It cost me £125 a night which I thought was great value.
    On arrival I was told that the suite was not ready and so the hotel gave us the Arabian Suite free for the night. What a suite!
    Very friendly staff. Excellent food. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Buy alcohol in the duty free at Dubai airport as Sharjah is the only emirate not to allow alcohol to be sold. Ask the non Emirati staff and they will direct you to a 'back street warehouse' thats sells alcohol at the docks in Ajman.
    Prices here, as in all Dubai/Sharjah hotels have risen by over 60% in 2 years so go now before they rise even more.
    A suite here now costs nearly £180 a night.

Unique Quality: Has its own private beach. Very good food in the restaurant, if a little expensive if you dont eat much as its mainly buffet, eat as much as you want, style service. Great for me, not so great for my wife. I had her put food on her plate which I liked ;)
    Nice Amazonian type jungle foliage decor in the main reception. We had a drink most days at the coffee shop, watching the wild birds fly around this huge glass roofed relaxation area.

Directions: On the Corniche road overlooking the docks and the beach. Allow lots of time to get back to the airport owing to the increasing traffic congestion into Dubai.

• dave.richards's Profile Photo

A touch of class

A suite here now costs nearly £180 a night.

Nice Amazonian type jungle foliage decor in the main reception. We spent most days at the cofee shop watching the wild birds fly around this huge glass roofed relaxation area.
    The rooms, though air conditioned, have no balconys and the windows are all sealed shut.

• euzkadi's Profile Photo

Sas Radisson.

The Sharjah Sas Radisson is verywell situated at the end of the Corniche. With a pleasant beach, good restaurants, and no bars, remember NO ALCOHOL in Sharjah.

• Nice hotel - but DRY!!

Just come back yesterday and thought I'd comment.....
    Hotel itself is a good 4* standard - a typical business hotel that could be anywhere. I would guess that this was built about 30 years ago, so the rooms do look "well used" - could do with a refurb. Nice dining area, buffet breakfast good choice. We visited early Sept which is low season (too hot!) and 2 out of 4 restaurants were not open at all. Choice was Persian a la carte or daily lunch and dinner buffet in main one for 75Dh. Didn't actually try this but lots of people did. We went to a couple of shopping malls in the evening and ate in the food court while we were there, or were out in Dubai.
    Position is at the head of Sharjah creek and you get a good view right along it from upstairs rooms, but it is rather industrial on the far side, and quite a big eyesore from the beach. I think there was probably nothing there when the hotel was built but now its all crept up around it. Nice pool with snack bar but small and would be very crowded with 50-60 people there - about that many sunbeds.
    But it's only 50 yards to the private beach which was nice and sandy (150m long) and does have lots of beds with large fixed umbrellas for shade.
    The surroundings are all built up and really nothing special - lots of tower apartment blocks being built. Along the hotel side of the creek there are lots of dhows moored which is interesting to walk along, but that's about it. I read a guide book ( too late!) which said you can do Sharjah in half a day, and I can't argue.
    BUT the big minus for me was THE WHOLE OF SHARJAH EMIRATE IS DRY!!!
    No alcohol on sale anywhere since 2001. Funny how they don't mention that on the offical Sharjah tourist websites!
    Sooo... it's a nice hotel and cheap to stay but you might want to hit the duty free on the way in. There is a free shuttle bus into
    Dubai at 0900, 1300, 1600 and 2100, but cabs are only 40-50Dh.

More about Radisson Blu Resort Sharjah

hotel reccomendation

by kozlal

could anybody advise me which hotel is preferable for a one week stay - coral beach sharjah or sas radisson sharjah? i can get get aproximately the same deal for each hotel. thanks in advance

RE: hotel reccomendation

by kozlal

please disregard my question, the issue is resolved.

Comments