Al Khan Area - Al Meena Road, Sharjah, 65500, United Arab Emirates

Al Qasba CanalAl Qasba Canal

Do i Need a Visa

by Jasey30

Hay People,

I am travelling to Mumbai from Istabul. However i have a long layover 14hrs in Shrajah airport. What is the story reference visa requirments? I am thinking if i stay in the aiport there is no need for visa as i am in transea? Could you please give me some information!
Thanks
Jason

Re: Do i Need a Visa

by colin_bramso

Jason, I'm guessing you have a UK passport, in which case you get an automatic visa on arrival at the airport - so you can come out and have a look around if you want to.

Re: Do i Need a Visa

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Hi there,
As Colin mentioned your nationality is important if you want to get a visa to enter the city, however if you cant then I believe the second best thing is to relax in the airport before your next flight.

Travel Tips for Sharjah

Firework in Sharjah

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

On 2 December 1971 Sheikh Khalid III joined the United Arab Emirates. The Federation was formed on 2nd December 1971 and comprises the emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain.
I visited Sharjah just in the beginning of December. The whole week was the national holiday. That’s why we could see fireworks almost everyday.

You can watch my 2 min 57 sec HD Video Sharjah Firework and Dawn out of my Youtube channel.

Al-Hisn Fort

by xiquinho

First built in 1820 as the residence of Sharjah’s ruling family, Al Hisn Fort, now a museum, has been restored to its former glory. The building houses old photographs of the Al-Qasimi family, along with jewellery and traditional weapons.

A tiny cinema shows early footage of the first British Imperial Airways flight which landed in Sharjah in 1932 en route to India. Other fascinating footage shows the traditional desert lifestyle of the Bedouins.

Al Hisn

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Al Hisn is two-storey fort situated in the centre of old Sharjah. It was constructed in 1820. Now it has been converted into a museum that showcases a world of local history.

This fort was a traditional house of the rulers of this city. Sheikh Sultan bin Saqr Al Qassimi constructed this edifice around two hundred years back. This fort was set in the heart of the various developmental activities taking place here. There is an exhibit at this fort which showcases contents that provide information about the history of this emirate.

Museum opens daily from 08:00 to 20:00 and from 16:00 to 20:00 on Fridays.

My first trip overseas

by lisa_aruliah

"My first time on a place"

My trip to Sharjah/Dubai is special because a) this was to be the first time i've ever been on a plane and gone overseas and b) because I was to visit my brother's girlfriend who was to then become my sister in law. I went with my parents and we were there for a week. Thinking back in time I cannot believe the amount of things we did in 1 week.

My first time on a plane was extremely scary coz I was not prepared for the take off but once we were in the air I started to enjoy the flight. I guess I was unfortunate to be travelling to Dubai for the first time coz we had 3 stop overs :(, which meant landing and taking off 1 time too many :(. The airhostesses were really helpful and felt really sorry for me unlike my folks who thought it was really funny (they've travelled on a plane before!).

The place that my sister in law was staying had a beautiful park in front of it. We enjoyed going for walks around the park.

Have a look at my Dubai and Abu Dhabi pages to see what we got up to in those places.

At the end of it, I was extremely sad to go, but it's a trip I won't forget.

Comments