Al Murooj Rotana Hotel And Suites

Tags

Family Travel Food and Dining Luxury Travel
See Amenities
carteki's Profile Photo

Its the little things that matter or do they?

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2009

I stayed 10 nights in the Al Morooj Rotana hotel and while I was quite happy with the accommodation and facilities, there were a couple of little things that really annoyed me.
As a seasoned business traveler who spends long periods away I don't tend to be that impressed by all the "bells and whistles". There was nothing in that hotel that made me think that it was worth the extra money. The little things that they didn't get right were:
- one of the movie channels didn't have sound, which meant that I needed to take a very quick course in lip-reading in order to enjoy the entertainment. I did contact mgmt about it, but they were unable to fix it.
- the internet access was atrocious and this was chargeable. I couldn't log on via the opening web page and had to call reception every time I wanted to log on. This involved a "but you know you can do it this way" response and time spent explaining why I couldn't - think about calling your average IT support whose first question is "did you reboot your computer". I then decided to go to get a pre-paid card to avoid the questions. They didn't have any available and when I came back I was told to pay cash (which was up in my room). At which point I lost it. Management then set me (without asking me what I wanted) up for the most expensive option which on check out I found that I WAS BILLED FOR. In addition, the wireless service would crash intermittently necessitating another call to IT to reset my login.
- the pool looks very pleasant, but it is a mission to get to. Lift down to basement then through the change rooms and up 3 flights of stairs to get there. You can't get to any of the on-site restaurants via the poolside, only by walking down the main driveway (and then back up the equivalent of 2 storeys on your return).

Pictures are from the Hotel Website

Unique Quality: The best part of the hotel was the food served in the Double Decker pub. Proper sized chicken pies with possibly the biggest serving of vegies I've seen. As a seasonsed traveller these greens were most welcome...

Fern10's Profile Photo

Quiet

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2007

Spent 6 night here at the end of March, if you can upgrade to the club suite(you wont regret it).The staff are all full of smiles, food in restraunts wonderful, bedrooms large and clean. Pool area very well laid out and staff will look after all your needs.

Unique Quality: If you can get a pool view room it would be better. We had a room overlooking the main road but it was good as the rooms are well sound proofed and we could see straight in to a camel stable and see the camels waking up

MM212's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel at a Reasonable Price

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 3, 2006

On a business trip to Dubai in November 2005, I stayed for 3 days at al-Murooj Rotana Hotel. This was only a month after the hotel opened, so the staff was still figuring out the kinks. Otherwise, the hotel had excellent amenities and great rooms. It's centrally located off Sheikh Zayed Road. The only disadvantage is that it is not by the beach and has no views of the sea (some rooms have views of skyscrapers on Sheikh Zayed Rd). The greatest advantage is that it offers luxurious amenities at a much lower price than other luxury hotels in Dubai.

I stayed here again in March, June and November 2006, and again in March 2007, and have generally been satisfied with the hotel. The service might have deteriorated a little and could certainly be improved. Still a good deal given the rising prices in Dubai. However, my recommendation is to stay at the Kempinski Hotel, which has similar prices, but far better quality.

Nearby Al Murooj Rotana Hotel And Suites

Al Murooj Rotana Hotel And Suites

• Al Murooj Rotana Dubai

Address: Al Saffa St off Sheikh Zayed Rd , PO Box 117546, Dubai, 117546, United Arab Emirates

6 Photos of Al Murooj Rotana Hotel And Suites

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Dubai Travel Forum

Need advice about Dubai, United Arab Emirates? Visit the Travel Forum for Dubai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dubai hotel reviews

Burj Al Arab (Jumeirah Beach Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 15 Reviews
Atlantis The Palm
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Emirates Towers Hotel (Sheikh Zayed Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Al Khaleej Hotel (Deira Dubai.)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Cultural "island"
Old Mosque
Malls
Things to Do
When are the local police going to ......
Bus