Arif Castle Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Gard's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in Bur Dubai

I would of course enjoyed staying at the seven star Burj Al Arab. But I think that would have been a bit too expensive for us so we stayed at the Arif Castle in Bur Dubai.

Unique Quality: The Arif Castle is a 3 star hotel located in Bur Dubai. We were lucky enough to get a ride into town using the hotel "bus". I saw a guy with a poster with the hotel name when I got out from the airport and we got to catch a ride even if we hadn't organized this.

As I said the hotel is located in Bur Dubai and the location was pretty good. Right outside it was easy to get a taxi, there was a bus stop right outside, if we walked for 5 minutes we were at one of the major bus station and a 10 minute walk took us to the river. We also find several small shops near by where we could get drinks, candy and so on. I was surprised to discover that it was easy to take the bus around Dubai by the way but taxi is also a pretty cheap alternative.

The hotel itself had a small lobby and there was some sort of night club on the first floor. We did not check this out and we were not disturbed by it either because we stayed at the 7th floor.

There is a description of the hotel on the following page http://www.ssdubai.com/uae/arif%20castle/hotel.htm but I’m not sure if I agree with all the stuff that is said about the hotel.

The staff was polite and helpful and some of the spoke pretty good english.Tthe breakfast was pretty standard and good. The first day I ate there I found egg, sausages and the next thing I expected to find was bacon of course. But then I realized that it is not that common with bacon in that part of the world :-)

We don’t really require much from a hotel during a vacation because most days we are only back at the hotel to sleep at night. The rooms were pretty standard.

According to the website there is a gym at the hotel and it looks pretty big in the picture. But don’t be fooled: it is a tiny gym and it only looks big because there are lots of mirrors on the walls. There is also a small pool on the hotel roof and the water was cold and refreshing on nice warm days.

Directions: Located near the harbour in Bur Dubai