Avari Hotel Apartments Al Barsha

Opposite Lulu Hyper Market,Behind Mall of the Emirates, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Avari Hotel Apartments Al Barsha
Expedia.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Dubai

MAMZAR PARKMAMZAR PARK

Burj Al DubaiBurj Al Dubai

Fibber Magees pub - DubaiFibber Magees pub - Dubai

South African BabotieSouth African Babotie

From Terminal 1 to Ibis Deira City Center (opossite Deira City Center Mall)

I have three options (except taxi) when I arrive to the Terminal 1 :
1. Metro, I have to catch the free shuttle terminal 1 to terminal 3 and get the metro until Deira city center stop.I don´t know if the stop metro is close to the hotel
2. Bus, I have read in www.rta.ae :
a.From terminal 1 and catch the line 402 bus,it may be the best option but I am not sure if the bus would stop in Deira City Center Mall.
b.From Terminal 1 to terminal 3 and get the line C8 bus until Deira City Center Mall.It may be stop in the Center Mall.

Please, can you help me to choise the best option to arrive to the hotel ?

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Hi there,
The hotel is very near to the airport, probably the hotel should provide free transfer to and from the airport. I would contact them and inquire:

Hotel Ibis Deira City Centre
8th street Port Saeed District opp. Deira City Centre Mall Centre - PO 185310 - DUBAI - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Tel : (+971)4/2925000 Fax : (+971)4/2925001
Booking by phone : (+971)4/7028000

Hotel manager : Mr Bruno DEBRAY

by colin_bramso

I agree with Amir, ask about a free transfer from the hotel.

If they don't have free transfer, for me it wouldn't be worth all the hassle of trying to get a shuttle, then bus or train just to save a few dirhams, especially after a flight. I'd just hop in a taxi. There's a Dh20 surcharge for airport taxis and to City centre it would only be maybe another ten or so dirhams. So for maybe thirty or forty dirhams you just get in a taxi and comfortably to your hotel.

PS The Metro does not allow large luggage anyway, max size is one case 81x58x30 cm

Hi,

Thank you for your help !
Can I go on foot from Deira City Center metro station untill Deira City Center Mall or is it far ?

Thank you.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

They are almost attached to each other :-)

Hi friend,

Thank you very much for yor help!!
Kind Regards

by jivanne96

yes..it is just opposite to City Center..

Hi,

Thank you for your help!

Travel Tips for Dubai

Burj Al' Arab ~~~

by estephan

I haven't been inside - though we've been offered to have an excursion there by the travell agent ... what was offered : - just to go there and watch whatever you will be allowed to watch, and then have a dinner or tea with some desserts (up to your choice) in one of the numerous restaurants...The price was something aroung 170-200$ for one, (this doesn't include anything in the bar/restaurant, even tea :)
Plus no casual attire at all!!! No jeans or anything like that.... Quite a snobbish attitude for your 200 bucks, isn't it?
So i just took a pic. of this hotel passing it by once...

Playing squash

by Gard

I enjoy playing squash here in Norway. When I got to Dubai I came across a great offer when it comes to a Wilson racquet that I bought. This also allowed me to play a little bit in Dubai. The Hyatt hotel has two courts that hotel guests have access to. But for 50 Dhs it is possible to use the squash courts together with tennis, gym, sauna/spa and so on. The squash courts had concrete walls by the way and I’m not really a big fan of that.

Shop for Silks

by Janani about Shilpi Textiles

I found this the best place to shop for plain silks. In particular I liked their standard of service but the prices seem a bit lower too.

On entering the shop I was allocated a helpful salesman, who took me upstairs to the silks and waited patiently, without insisting on showing me things I didn’t want, as I wandered about deciding what I wanted to look at, but as soon as I indicated a roll I wanted to see, it was immediately whisked onto a counter and unrolled for inspection (he even broke a light bulb once, in his enthusiasm!) Again I was able to take my time over this and he never hurried my decision or looked bored.

They also provide a matching service, where you can produce a piece of fancy cloth or a sari and they will find the most suitable fabrics for linings, accessories, underskirts, etc. I gave a difficult piece of embroidered and beaded organza, in an unusual shade of grey, intended for a tunic top and asked for a silk that would be suitable for both lining the top and making a matching skirt. The service was very efficient; he narrowed it down to a choice of two, told me the advantages of both and what type of skirt each one would be suitable for, then gave me time to make up my mind and calculate how much I needed.

I bought quite a lot on one occasion and the price was discounted, even though it was already cheaper than at most of the other shops I'd tried. They have a great variety of colours available as:
Raw Silk,
Silk Satin,
Silk Chiffon,
Other Fabrics Synthetics: extremely cheap.
Silks: I have never paid more than the equivalent of £5 per metre in English money for anything here, although the exchange rate varied quite a bit between my visits. I'm sure I used my credit card here too.

DOING IT FRANKIE'S WAY

by Siddha3th about COOZ

Yeah, the old crooner - together with his coterie of rat pack cohorts - would definitely have dug this place. They’d have felt right at home in the cool as ice lounging area, luxuriously laidback couches, suitably dimmed mood lighting and all. They would've approved of the bar’s song-influenced drink selection, including some potently vagrant jazz cocktails.

And they wouldn’t have minded Cooz’ resident singer one bit as well. An Eartha Kitt follower, dipping often into standards from Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald and ‘ol Blue Eyes himself. Her raspy, whiskey-soaked voice complementing the bar’s setting and ethos rather well.

Mr. Sinatra might have taken issue with the bar area’s less-than-flattering view of the Grand Hyatt’s lobby though. He would, in fact, have given management a right old dressing down over it. But suitably calmed by a few shots of JD, he would’ve sunk back into his couch, let the music wash back over him, and winked his distinct approval of Cooz.

Terhaal - The Travel Pass especially for Tourists

by JessH

Dubai's Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) is to launch a travel pass for tourists in a bid to boost the number of visitors using public transport in the emirate.

The Dubai Travel Pass (Terhaal) will be marketed to tourists during their trips, to encourage them to use the metro and buses to get around.

The Dubai Travel Pass includes two Nol Cards (for Dubai Metro), each with a credit of AED 14 (US$3.81), booklets about the integrated public transport systems, maps, information of interest to visitors, places to visit and how to get to those places using public transport, as well as other general information such as telephone numbers of emergency service, police, embassies and ambulance.

The pack also includes value-added offers for use in Dubai on the trip.

The Dubai Travel Pass will be distributed across DNATA outlets, Duty Free shops of the Dubai airports, hotel and malls. The cards will also eventually be sold on Emirates aircrafts.

: I will keep you updated as and when more information becomes available.

Comments