Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Plot J3 & J4, Dubai, 37246, United Arab Emirates

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Great but.....

by TripAdvisor Member sunsearcher55

We stayed at the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers for one week at the end of October 2009 in a one bedroomed deluxe apartment which was just perfect in every way. It had great amenities with a well equipped kitchen area, although disappointingly no working freezer in ours but otherwise with everything you could wish for.

The staff were very friendly and kind. Nothing was too much trouble for them and if a taxi was needed Reception had one booked for you immediately. The location is currently in a major building zone, no real noise but with restricted road access it's not the easiest place for taxis to find. However it's not far to the beach and Dubai Marina (15-20 dirhams by taxi) and the excellent Ibn Battuta Mall is only 10 minutes away.

Our main disappoint was the much vaunted unusual outdoor leisure deck/swimming pool area on the 11th and 12th floors which if you like the sun and want to sunbathe has a sunbathing deck that we thought was badly designed with very little sunbathing space and very little sun for most of the day. So consequently we like others headed off for the beach most days.

Nevertheless the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers was great value for money and we would definitely consider staying there again.

Great apartment, but location is not as good...

by TripAdvisor Member Chip0408

I chose this apartment mainly because it was doing a soft launch offer (AED 550 per night), everything looked brand new (on their website) and it had a washing/dryer machine!! Having spent the previous week in India, we wanted to stay somewhere that I could do the laundry! (Although later on I found out that you have to have your own washing tablets as it's not provided!)

We stayed here for 4 nights in November and the facilities at the 1 bedroom apartment were amazing. Nice and well equipped kitchen, spacious living room and bedroom and we even had 2 toilets!! And the gym was really great and even had 2 pilate plates!

Location wise, there are still a lot of construction sites going on, but in the room you can't hear a thing!! However, you have to go everywhere on a taxi and there are no restaurants near by (apart from the ones within hotels) and although the taxi is fairly cheap in Dubai, it does add up quite quickly. :D I was told the metro (5 mins walk from the hotel) would be in operation in Feb 2010 so I guess it would be a lot of help! Also, you really have to remember HOW you come into the hotel as most of the taxi drivers aren't familiar with the hotel as the hotel is so new and there are no names on the road! But it's really not that hard as the direction is pretty easy to remember. We only had problem the very first time when we came from the airport and our taxi driver had to go into another apartment to ask for directions. (Basically it's the 1st exit from the highways for Jumeriah Lakes Towers, and then take the left turn when the road splits and you'll see a sign for Bonnington Towers)

Overall, it's a really great apartment though I am not too sure whether I'd come back... Only coz there are going to be so many other newer hotels/apartments in Dubai the next time I come to Dubai and I'd like to experience a different place!

Great rooms but room for improvement.....

by TripAdvisor Member MattRiyadh

Stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is during it's 'soft' opening stage so the rooms were relatively cheap compared to similar hotels in the area. Arrived late to be told that the executive lounge was not yet open. As this was advertised as part of my package i queried this and was told that i would be given use of the mini-bar. We went up to the room and it was stunning. A reasonably sized lounge area with desk, a large bedroom immaculately presented with access to a balcony and alarge bathroom with 2 sinks and a freestanding deep bath. There was alsoa toilet and large walk in shower. First impressions were fantastic.

I wanted a bath but there was no hot water. It was possible i was the first person to stay in this room and maintenance came and had fixed the problem within 45 minutes. At the 'soft' opening stage you can expect and forgive teething problems. The mini-bar was empty so had to get a drink delivered to the room. In the morning i asked for the mini bar to be stocked due to the executive lounge not being open and was told that mini-bars were not yet in use but could be used as a fridge. I was told i could have free muffins and fruit juices in the restaurant throughout the day instead. I asked if there would be some use of the bar included in lieu of the lounge but this was not agreed.

The buffet breakfast was of a poor standard when compared to e.g the Hilton Jumeirah. The complimentary water in the room was never replenished nor were the tea and coffee facilities stocked.

Another annoyance was after going to bed for a few hours in the afternoon for a sleep, we placed the 'do not disturb' light on....an hour later we were rung to ask when the cleaner's could get in.....do not disturb should mean exactly that!

In summary the hotel is of a very high standard visually and the bar is very cool and the decor of a very high standard. On completion i'm sure the hotel will be fantastic. The staff were very friendly although still obviously coming to terms with their roles. Would i pay the full price upon completion? Probably not i think there are better hotels in the area but if you have the budget it would be worth giving it a try as im sure in time it will be a great stay .

Finally on checking in they take a credit card as security. On checking out and paying with my debit card i was told thay had taken the full amount off my credit card and it would be refunded in 14 days which i was not happy about so check when you check in.

Most impressed with this 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member beninagh

Travelled to Dubai in October for business. This hotel was fantastic everything you would expect from a five star hotel and it was located close to where a lot of my business contacts were.

The staff were very professional and friendly and anything I asked them about they
could direct me - nothing was a problem for them.

It was real 5 star treatment as you would expect in a 5 star hotel - will be booking it again on my next trip in a few months.

Rooms excellent but....

by TripAdvisor Member mistrauk

We stayed at the bonnington for 7 days in a Deluxe room...

Postive Points

- Room as exceptional, very funky and luxurious
- Staff welcoming every morning
- Jaccuzi was excellent

Negative Points
- Location - the hotel is in the middle of a construction site, don't expect any great views from your room (We had workmen and diggers to look at each day) or from the leisure deck
- Location - we spent over £150 on taxi fares during the week, you cannot walk anywhere so be prepared to pay. Cost to Bur Dubai was approx 55dhirams, Jumeriah Beach Park 60dr
- Taxi drivers not aware of the hotel, I found myself as the local guide telling drivers where to go (this should change as more people stay)
- Authors lounge took us an hour to get our lunch with no apologies from the waiter staff, they even ran out of english breakfast tea, not acceptable for a 5 star hotel
- Concierge - We tried book a desert safari with concierge, however we were advised the company we wanted to book with charged an extra 60dhirams to pick us up from the hotel and he reccomended another company who were much more expensive. This was completely untrue and ringing from our room we booked the safari with no extra costs. Personally I think concierge take a cut from this company, please be aware however all trips end up at the same location for dinner and belly dancing.
- Pool is not what the pictures make out, however ok for relaxing but nothing special

As mentioned in other reviews this hotel is undergoing a soft opening, we were not advised on this when booking the rooms, although we got a good deal on the hotel.

The hotel needs to link up with a beach hotel to offer beach facilities for leisure travellers, this is a must. Using a hotel beach can cost up to 180 dhirams which is very expensive for 1 day.

A VERY comfortable gem in new Dubai. Highly recommended....

by TripAdvisor Member JCranford

First, I will state the obvious… there is nothing (currently) within walking distance of the hotel. For anyone that has written about this being a negative, it is the obvious reason as to why the current rates are so extremely reasonable during their “soft opening”. As Taxis were readily available, this was hardly even a minor inconvenience.

That having been said, EVERYTHING about my experience at the Bonnington was fantastic. All of the staff, from reception to housekeeping was extraordinarily friendly, helpful, and professional.

I was in Dubai on business, and favor the convenience of having an apartment environment. The one bedroom deluxe apartment (actually more like 2 bedrooms), was well appointed with 2 ½ baths (with rain shower, plush oversized robes and towels and amenities), a fully stocked kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, laundry, and even an expresso machine), two plasma tv’s with movie channels, a living room with two sofas, a dining area, and so on. Beds were extremely comfortable with down duvets, pillows, and high thread count sheets.

I took a taxi to a nearby newly opened Almaya SuperMarket (5 mins away) which had everything and more you could possibly want to stock your apartment kitchen with food and beverages. Upon my return the hotel staff even carried the bags to my apartment for me.

I dined several times through room service ordering from the Authors Lounge and Cavendish menus… all meals were very good!

Also, Grand Limos, who the Bonnington has teamed up with, is a great option for transportation. I used them several times during my trip and their rates are 125 AED an hr … so if going any distance (like to old Dubai/Dubai Creek areas), I think this is a better option than a taxi.

All in all, I was extremely comfortable at the Bonnington. I’m sure that the little issues that some have raised, will be worked very soon. They seem to take every comment seriously and work to solve and satisfy every complaint That level of service and effort always makes me much more forgiving.

I will certainly stay again!!

Nice rooms, good staff - and a GREAT price ;)

by TripAdvisor Member tree27

Decided to choose this hotel following the reviews on tripadvisor and it was pretty much as expected. A brand new hotel with 5 star finish in soft launch stage. Lovely rooms furnished to a high standard, friendly staff but a few service type glitches. Other plus points - lovely pool and jacuzzi and unlike other reviewers I enjoyed having an area to sit out without being in the sun. Donwside for me was getting a taxi from the hotel. On numerous occaisions we ordered a cab for a specific time only to wait up to 45 minutes after this time for the cab to arrive. Also location wise there are no restaurants, shops etc within walking distance but Dubai Marina is fun and only a shop cab ride away. Overall I would recommend this hotel, and definitely whilst it is at such a good price, but dont expect perfection in "soft launch" - thats why you're getting the discount

A Great Hotel in the Making

by TripAdvisor Member Beaverjfw

It takes a combination of location, service, and a great property to make a top notch hotel. Bonnington Towers has 2 of 3 of these qualities and the last one, location, will come with time. Other reviews have mentioned the ongoing construction in the Jumeriah Lakes Towers (JLT) district. The area will eventually have 80+ high-rise towers. Some are complete or nearing completion but construction is everywhere around the hotel and walking is not really practical. This will change quickly once the nearby JLT Metro station open. The metro opened in Sept.09 but this station will need a few more months to complete. The station is only about 250 m from the hotel and it will also provide a route over the 14 lane Sheik Fayed freeway into the Dubai Marina area.
As JLT matures, Bonnington will find itself well situated.
As to service and the hotel, almost everything was top notch for our stay. We have a one bedroom 1 1/2 bath apartment, luxuriously equipped, with flat screen HD TV's, comfortable bed and linens, full kitchen and the usual hotel perks. The public areas in the hotel were ultra-modern, with Italian marble and stylish lighting everywhere.
Booked through Orbitz, the room was incredibly well priced for for our six day stay. (I doubt you could find this calibre of room in any major world city at the rate we paid which was during the soft opening phase.)
Staff were attentiive throughout the hotel. We had the concierge book tours, my wife used the salon on the 11th floor spa level and food service staff we eager and efficient. Experienced travellers may find there are times when the staff does appear to be a bit tentative and in learning mode, but for a hotel that has only been open a few months, this was not unexpected. Any other issues we may have had during our stay were minor and would expect to see resolved in the near future.

Not as expected- should be a 3star

by TripAdvisor Member CityGirl078

Stayed here for a week from 07-11-09 to 14-11-09. Checked in ok. The one bedroom apartment is smaller than expected. The deco was very nice, but it seemed that was all it had going for it. It seemed that they built this hotel but didnt test the practically of the admenities. First thing, the TV in the bedroom did not work. Having a shower practically flooded the bathroom, as the bath screen just leeked water all over the floor and the shower head has too much pressure that when it hit your body the water went everywhere mainly the floor. The bathroom sink had insufficient drainage and just blocked while brushing my teeth. Told the front desk and they sent someone to fix the TV, when they did come they said there is a technically fault and it wont be fixed til the following morning. The AC had some fault with it and no matter how high we put the temperature the rooms never got warmer. The bed sheets and pillows had a mildew smell, which housekeeping change the sheets but not the throw pillows or coverlet, so the smell still lingered. Complained to the front desk and requested to be moved. They said they will look into it and let us know. After 2 hours sitting in a freezing room, we were moved to a room two rooms down.
The new room was fine and decided to go out that night. We set the heating up as we both dont like AC and the room too colder to cope with.
Came back early morning about 4am and room was still freezing. Called front desk again and they sent an engineer to investigate. He took about and hour to fix it, after he figured out the thermostat had gone. The next day the room was still cold that we opened the balcony doors to get some warmth in the room from outside. My partner got a chest infection from the cold AC and all we could do was request another duvet from housekeeping. A couple of days later we had a power cut so no electricity in the room for a couple of hours, but they sent someone up to fix it.. Therefore all the clocks in the apartment were incorrect. Called three times to the front desk about this and spoke to them directly as well as any staff we passed by, doormen etc and nothing was done about the clocks.
The hotel provided one free shuttle bus at 11am to either The Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Jumeirah Beach Residence or IBN Battata Mall. But as our clocks were out of sync, front desk had to keep calling us as the shuttle had to keep waiting for us. They should have provided regular shuttle services. What was funny was the fact that you had to book a seat with the front desk, and when you say you want to book a seat for the shuttle, they reply 'what time do you want?'. Obviously this implies that there is other times available apart from the 11am as stated, which I asked what departure times are available, which they then said 11am.
They claim there is free wifi in the hotel but this only applys if you have a laptop as you need to connect it to the TV, so we had to use the one in the lobby, which all other guests seem to do as well.
We also had problems with the iron in the room. There was some brown liquid in the iron, like stale water. We tried to wash it out but it ruined my partner's white shirt. Again we requested a new iron, spoke to three diffrent people including housekeeping and nothing. Finally complained to management, the supervisor name was Stephanie and as we listed all the issues, she seemed not too concerned with the inconvience we had suffered through. We requested a late check to compensate for the problems we had, she was unwilling to do unless we pay GBP170.00 to check out at 7pm.
We just checked out at 11am and left the luggage with the bellboy, got a shuttle to the mall and ccame back later to collect the luggage for our flight at midnight.
The location is not too bad if themetro nearby was working, as that is the only way you can get across the Sheilk Zeyed Road to the Dubai Marina Mall and Jumeirah Beach Residence without having to use a taxi as we had too.
Definately would not stay here again. If anyone chooses to stay here, wait til Feb 2010 when the metro is fully running and if most of the construction around the hotel is completed as this adds at least an additional Dhs5 to 10 for the taxi to go around the oneway system to get to the hotel. Also not many taxi drivers know where the Bonnington Towers is or Jumeirah Lake Towers is, so be prepared to take note of the area and the roads to direct them.

Beautiful, relaxing and welcoming place.

by TripAdvisor Member Hmosoft

Started with difficulties to locate the hotel... Once inside, everything became simple and comfortable. Hi speed internet, unique swimming pool, and pretty room design.
Little story:
The room service is not 24 hrs available yet. However, when one of my friends along with his wife visited me after both bar and room service closed, the polite staff managed somehow to get a gentleman to take our order.
I was a bit strict explaining them that this is 5-star hotel so I'm not taking excuses. That was so understanding and nice of the hotel staff.

The hotel has just opened, meaning there're some expected gaps and missing bits. But overall, it is a VERY GOOD IDEA to be thier guest :)

HELP: distance from Bonnington Towers Hotel to the World Trade Centre

by BrunoB

Dear friends,

I'm going to Dubai in october, for a conference, and I'd like to know the distance (in kilometers and in minutes), from the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, near Dubai Marina, and the World Trade Centre.

Many thanks in advance and best regards.

Bruno

Re: HELP: distance from Bonnington Towers Hotel to the World Trade Centre

by nattybabe

It depends on the time of day. If you're heading to the conference in the morning and returning in the evening it's fairly quick. 20 mins there and back (it's against traffic). It's approximately 30kms. The average speed on Sheikh Zayed Road is 120km per hour so traffic moves quickly!

Traffic around the conference centre is bad during conferences so beware and it may be difficult hailing a taxi.

There's not much to see from the Bonnington and you'd need to get taxis to see anything of Dubai. Have you tried the Novotel Trade Centre or Crowne Plaza? If the Bonnington is half the price I would stay there but if the same price as the others, then try and stay closer to the Trade Centre.

Re: HELP: distance from Bonnington Towers Hotel to the World Trade Centre

by colin_bramso

I'd say it's closer to 20k than 30k and as nattybabe says, it should take fifteen to twenty minutes in a taxi. You could also use the Metro, there are stations at Jumeirah Lake Towers and World Trade Centre.

Bonning Lake Towers

by hurley_m

Hi I have booked this hotel for Christmas. I have read mixed reviews on Trip adviser Is this hotel finished, Is there a problem finding it. How far from the marina, etc, can I walk or do I have to get a taxi everytime I leave the hotel. Have visited Dubai three or four times but this is the first time I have booked a hotel in this area. Is this a dry hotel? Is there a restaurant attached to it?

Hi, welcome to VT.

I've never heard of that hotel and can't find it on Trip Advisor or Google. Are you sure about the name? Can you give us more information?

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Yeap same here, never heard of this hotel. Contact the travel agent made the booking!

Sorry should be Bonnington jumeirah lake Towers

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

The hotel is up and running:

P.O. Box 37246, Dubai, U.A.E,
Phone: +971 4 3560000
Fax: +971 4 3560400

E-mail: info@bonningtontower.com

by colin_bramso

Ah, that one. It's an apartment hotel with restaurants and bars and it's just opened in the past few weeks.

There should be no problem for a taxi to find it - Jumeirah Lake Towers is a big development on the opposite side of Sheikh Zayed Road from Dubai Marina.

They have their own blog at www.blogcatalog.com/blog/bonnington-jumeirah-lakes-towers-dubai where you can find plenty of information.

The problem getting to Dubai marina is simply that you have to get across Sheikh Zayed Road. You may know that it's a freeway of six or eight lanes each way with a fence down the middle so trying to run across is a very bad idea. There's a pedestrian bridge being built as part of the Metro station at JLT but I don't think it's open yet as they're still building the station.

You could walk down to the big new flyover at Interchange 5.5, which is not far, and walk across into Dubai Marina.

by hurley_m

Thank you, That has eased my mind about this hotel. Now I can look forward to Christmas in the Sun.

Comments