Umm Ramool Rd, Dubai Festival City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

Excellent room

by TripAdvisor Member GermanyKarlo

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Festival City Hotel for one night during a stopover in August 2008. I booked the room via Asiarooms for around 130 Euro. The reception gave me a corner room with creek view. The room was luxurious with a beautiful view of the creek and the sjyscrapers in the Sheik Sayed Road area. Everything was quite new and of good quality. Large bed, large flatscreen. The bathroom had a large open window into the room which was kind of strange. The hotel is connectied via the adjacent Intercontinental to a new shopping mall. There is a Belgian Beer Cafe at ground floor but when we arrived (around 24:00) the kitchen was already closed. All in all a pleasant place I would definitely stay again.

Absolutely Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member sugarbabe61

Stayed 6 nights in the Crowne Plaza Festival City and so glad we chose this hotel. It was wonderful in all aspects.

We had flights from Aberdeen via Amsterdam with KLM and I must say they were brilliant, comfortable, all on time, good service and food.

We arrived at the Hotel around 1am and were met by the array of staff greeting guests as they arrive from taxis. Check in was quick and efficient. We were offered to upgrade to a Creek View room but decided against this and so glad we did. We had requested a higher floor room and this request was honoured as we were given room 1833 on the 18th floor. It was a corner room and we had nobody either side of us. The views over towards the airport were stunning.

The ambience of the room was very contemporary with lots of warm browns and creams. The bed was huge with high quality linens. Large flat screen TV, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space, iron and ironing board, safe (no charges for use), Ipod docking station, minibar, tea and coffee, complementary water and most things operated by remote control.

The bathroom was equally stunning with large bath with rain shower and wall shower, bidet, toilet, and wash basin surrounded by gorgeous marble. Plenty of towels, robes and slippers and plenty of toiletries. My only disappointment was that I was under the impression from various websites that all rooms had whirlpool baths, well ours didn't .

The Hotel is perfectly situated 2 minutes walk from the Festival City Mall and you can walk through the Intercontinental next door (equally stunning hotel and real wow factor reception area) straight to the mall where there are shops and eating places to suit all tastes and budgets. You can even get a cooked breakfast in Ikea for 4 DHS - Quite a few locals seem to take advantage of that as well!!!

We found the extras in the Hotel quite expensive. A beer in the Belgian Cafe was around 35 DHS for half litre with the poor exchange rate making it nearly £7. Internet access in the Business Centre was 20DHS for 15 mins and 60DHS for 1 hour.

We took an airport taxi to the Hotel which was 30DHS. A taxi to the Burj Al Arab was 50DHS and to the Emirates Mall 50DHS and Dubai Mall 30DHS. Make sure you use the Dubai taxis rather than the privately owned taxis as they are much cheaper.

Had an Indulgent Afternoon Tea in the Burj Al Arab which was a fantastic (although expensive) experience and we requested a window table overlooking Jumeriah Beach which we got so had a fantastic view from the Skyview Bar. The tea, cakes and sandwiches were superb. A once in a lifetime opportunity which I am so glad we did.

Thoroughly enjoyed our week and would definitely return to Festival City and the Crowne Plaza is simply a beautiful Hotel

Excellent Hotel & Service

by TripAdvisor Member Michael666

I have stayed in several hotels in Dubai including the Burj Al Arab.

I consider myself a fussy traveller who exspects excellent service and accomodation.

The Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival is an excellent hotel and I can recommend fully.

The staff offer a superior service and go out of there way to make your stay memorable.

The rooms are spacious, modern and the beds are so compfortable it really is hard to get up of a morning. The large marble appointed bathrooms are well equipped and very relaxing.

I would recommend BB as the breakfast choice is excellent for both the healthier eaters and those who enjoy a full cooked breakfast. The chefs and staff go out of there way to serve your every need.

The hotel is situated within a new developing part of Festival City and is well situated for the main attractions.

The hotel facilities include excellent appointed rooms and facilities. The hotel is located next to a shopping mall which has over 400 shops to explore and plenty of eating establishments to sample. The hotel has an air conditioned tunnel that leads you straight into the mall.

The hotels has a great fitness suite and excellent choice of swimming pools for those lazy afternoons.

I booked my stay through Virgin Holidays who I cannot fault.

Well done to all the staff at the Crowne Plaza, Keep up your hard work, it is very much appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

I certianly have no need to look for alternative hotels in the future as I will be looking very much forward to staying in this wonderful hotel again and again.

Fairly good hotel a bit outside the city

by TripAdvisor Member robertocusato

I stayed at the adjacent Intercontinental Festival City hotel but - as some renovations were undergoing at the Intercontinental - we used some of the facilities of the Crowne Plaza. This is a good hotel indeed, but not quite as good as the Intercontinental.
The lobby is nice, but not very big. Front door staff is polite and ready to help, that's something I would like to mention!
We used the swimming pool, which is not exactly big (rather small in fact) but that has a nice jacuzzi infinity-like with a great view over Burj Dubai that is simply amazing, especially at sunset! The gym was rather small and with not many machines...
We had breakfast once at the Lebanese buffet restaurant: the quality was outstanding, really! The selection wasn't huge, but the quality was particularly good! I've had the same quality (healthy-wise) at the Courtyard by Marriott in berlin (Mitte), and I really like the feeling of eating healthy and tasty stuff!

We went one night to the Ramadan tent, to smoke shisha (a must among locals) and have soem drinks... We found it overcrowded and the staff not particularly polite, even if everything was nice.

All in all, it's a good 4 stars hotel, with some flwas though that makes it not up to the Intercontinental next door, but at far cheaper rates you cannot really complain!

Good hotel, couldn't really fault

by TripAdvisor Member Garyorient

This hotel is located at Festival City which is out towards the airport.

I can't and won't find any aspect of the hotel to fault.
Room was excellent. Spotless and absolutely pristine. The cleaner did a wonderful job. The food I experienced at the hotel was excellent.

Only problem for me was locality. If I was staying on holiday it would be far too much of a mission to get to beach and other "tourist" spots. If I was staying on business it was too far away from business area.

Under normal circumstances this wouldn't matter, but rush hour traffic in Dubai makes London at 0830 in the morning seem like a stroll in the park and to get from Festival City to the Beach can easily take 45 mins to an hour.

Shopping however is excellent at Festival City and if that is your raison d'etre ten this hotel would work well for you.

Wow

by TripAdvisor Member PriorityClubber

Have just returned from a fab hoilday in Dubai. We used our Priority Club points to pay for 7 nights at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel is ultra modern and the bathroom with a window with a view out over the Dubai skyline is was a lovely feature. (There is an automatic blind for privacy if you need it). The pool was very relaxing and never a rush for a sunbed. The pool attendants gave out iced flannels to help cool you off. The jacuzzi had a view over to the the Burj Dubai (Tallest building in the world). The night turndown service was good and they even switched on some soothing music and put the bedside lights on for you.
The Festival City shopping mall is connected to the Crowne Plaza via an Air conditioned walkway and is full of nice places to eat and shop. There is a Free boat ride through the mall which was never very busy. We went by Taxi to the Dubai Mall the day after it opened it was only a 10 minute taxi ride and cost £6.00. The mall has an ice rink and a huge aquarium and is also next to the Burj Dubai. Although the mall wasn't finished yet it was huge. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza for its great location only 15 minutes by taxi from the Airport (£7.00) and with fanatstic views.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Marsio

After reading reviews I was expecting a lot and it was perfect. Loved the room decor, loved the location. For people who like beach hotels its bit far from nearest beach but hotel has nice garden with pools also promenade is being finished so you can have your evening walks there. I hope to be back soon.

Fantastic Room with Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member Spursfan08

We booked the airport pick up service from the hotel and it was well worth it. Our bags were taken off us at the airport and we didn't see them again until we got in the room, we had already been checked in by the hotel so they showed us straight to our room.
The room was fantastic and we had been left fresh fruit in the room. We orderered room service for breakfast and the traditional arabic breakfast was brilliant.

The hotels locaion was fine for us as taxis were so easy to come by and cheap. The pool area was very nice only wish we had more time to make use of it.

Would highly recomend staying here, especially if your visit is shot like ours as the hotel is only 10 minutes from the airport.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member jerseybaby

A really great alternative to staying on Jumeirah Beach. I went for a short break with a girlfriend and would have liked better weather but got a good late deal.

The hotel is primarily a business hotel which leaves the pool free in the day for the leisure visitors. Smaller than the pctures and with only one 25m lane the pool in the brochures is deceiving but the lovely infinity spa beyond the pool made up for the shortfall. You can use the facilities of the Intercontinental next door if required.

Had a great spa treatment and lovely food in the hotel and would highly recommend it. I have written a trip report on the forum which gives more detail of the hotel and the facilities.

Great location in Festival City

by TripAdvisor Member ritafant

We stayed here for a weekend in early February.
We had a standard room, modern style decorated, with king size bed ; the bathroom had a window with a view out over the Dubai skyline and a wall glass with a view out over the bedroom. (There is an automatic blind for privacy if you need it). Internet was not included but was not expensive (cost in the room was 38 dirham/ 24 hours).
Buffet breakfast was good but much crowded.
Also the pool area was crowded and It was windy. The swimming pools are quite nice but I expected something more.
This hotel has a great location in Festival City and you can access the adjacent shopping mall through an air conditioned walkway and is full of nice places to eat and shop.

Crowne Plaza Festival City

by plas19

Can anyone let me know anything about this hotel? It has great reviews on expedia.com and seems to have good deals currently (AUD$723 for 3 nights). Is it in a good location?
Others we are considering are Shangri La Dubai, Hilton Dubai Creek and Metripolitan Palace.
Any feedback on these properties most welcome!

Re: Crowne Plaza Festival City

by colin_bramso

PJ, they're all in good locations. Festival City is on the outskirts of the original city, towards New Dubai. The Creek has been extended out there so it's on the water, there's a big shopping mall, plenty of restaurants etc.

Shangri La is a bit further into New Dubai, on Sheikh Zayed Road, the main freeway between the city, New Dubai and on to Abu Dhabi.

Met. Palace and Hilton are both in the city itself.

They're all good hotels; I guess if I had to choose I'd probably go for the Hilton.

Re: Crowne Plaza Festival City