Dar Al Masyaf At Madinat

Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Costs 135% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Great Resort Hotel

Its a great Resort hotel insulated from all the construction work in Dubai. I booked one of the villas and had a fantastic stay there. The complex enfolded two hotels and several villas, waterways and a fantastic, clean beach. Beside the big pool area you have (as a villa guest) the choice to use the villa pools (not crowded) which is a great alternative. There are plenty of different restaurants (expensive and non expensive) and a traditional shopping mall (Souk) is directly linked to the complex (including a Starbucks...).
    The rooms are very nicely decorated in a traditional, high quality style.

Unique Quality: If you stay within the complex (which includes the Wadi Water Park, the Burj al Arab and the Jumeirah Beach Hotel), you will not realize, that Dubai is a huge construction work!

Directions: Jumeirah Beach

More about Dar Al Masyaf At Madinat

Venice of the Orient !

by ssweetest about Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah

It is simply a castle ! when I was staying there I was the princess of that castle.This hotel is a part of a city - Madinat Jumeirah. the city consists of three hotels: Al Qasr, Mina'a Al-Salam and Dar Al-Masyaf, and a shopping mall. There are canals all around the city with cute boats to take you from point to point - for free !. Also there's another mean of transportaion between the hotels is the electric small cars. The room was huge with a big balcony overlooking the beach and the swimming pools. where we made a great tea - from the complementary tea and coffee in the room - with tasty dessert also complementary. I went there celebrating my anniversary , the hotel sent us a complementary cake and a flower bouquet, what a sweet touch :)
The restaurants they have are just WOW , food , nice views everything, by the way they have 41 restaurants ! you will never be able to try them all ! I will never be able to describe the joy I had when I was there , it is just PERFECT.
I know it is an expensive hotel but it really worth it ! They have all kind of sea sport in the private hotel beach. They also have that outstanding kids pool with kids activities and kids slide.
The most wonderful thing I did was engoying the boat in the canal at night. It is really a unique experiment.
The spa they have is the most luxury place you dream of. you must try it.

Al Qasr Hotel

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

The resort of Madinat Jumeirah has two boutique hotels (Al Qasr and Mina A'Salam) and a courtyard of summer houses called Dar Al Masyaf.
The building of Al Qasr, which literally translates to ‘the Palace’, reminds a windcatcher. It is a traditional Persian and Arabic architectural device used for many centuries to create natural ventilation in buildings. It is not known who first invented the windcatcher. Windcatchers come in various designs, such as the uni-directional, bi-directional, and multi-directional.

Madinat Jumeirah (Mina Al Salam)

by sashlasomma

When you visit this place and see the excellent Old style building , Don't confuse!!

It seems to be old ,but the fact is that this amazing place is NEW.

It's a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage and is styled to resemble an ancient Arabian citadel. Luxurious and ornate, combining the height of opulence with an overwhelming sense of tradition.

It consists of 3 parts (Regions) :
1- Dar Al Masyaf (Lit. Summer Houses) ,where guests are welcomed to sun-drenched solace, are rooms and suites arranged in the style of exquisite Arabian summer courtyard houses .

2- Al Qasr (Lit. The Palace) .

3- Mina A' Salam (Lit. Harbour of peace) Offering a unique escape into a world rich in culture and faithful to time honoured values, Mina A' Salam is a grand boutique hotel of exquisite style.

To read more about Madinat Jumeirah , rates,special offers , Leisure and events log on the mentioned web page below.

Souk Madinat Jumeirah

by sue_stone about Souk Madinat Jumeirah

The Souk Madinat Jumeirah is located next to the Madinat Jumeirah Resort, which is just across the beach from the Burj Al Arab. This complex is a recreation of a traditional souk, and is home to around 100 shops, restaurants and bars. Not really a place for clothes shopping, it is more the place to shop for handicrafts and souvenirs, without having to worry about spruikers.

I wasn't that interested in the shops here, but really liked the location and outlook of the main restaurants and bars, which are located along a canal-like waterway, some offering views of the Burj as well. We were keen to stop for a drink at one of the bars but all of the best tables were already taken.

Very luxurious

This hotel is absolutely fantastic.
It is the height of luxury, and would recommend anyone to stay at the Dar Al Masyaf over Al Qasr of the Mina A Salam - the Dar Al Masyaf is a selection of villas, giving you total privacy, peace and quiet, but with all the benefits of being of staying in a large hotel. We stayed in an Arabian summerhouse which I think are nicer than the Gulf villas as no-one walked past where we were staying. Every villa has its own butler (who was very informative about what went on in the hotel) and every three villas has its own swimming pool - every time we sat by it we had it all to ourselves! Very luxurious, considering there was a pool attendent to bring us lunch and drinks too. It is quite like Las Vegas/Disneyland, but to be honest that just adds to the fun of it all.
The service at this hotel is second to none, and it really is a luxury break. I can't wait to go back...but I might have to re-mortgage my house before I do.

Fantastic service

by TripAdvisor Member tripdavisor

We stayed at the Dar al Masyaf for 5 nights at the beginning of July. It's an amazing resort, if you can allow yourself to relax past the 'fakeness' of the setting (a la Disney, mentioned below, but not quite as pink/ plastic!). And if you can, it's well worth it - there is a certain romance and relaxation to being transported everywhere by abra (water taxi).

The service is impeccable - understated and attentive. The resort is immaculate. The selection of restaurants is great and the food is very good quality. We'd highly recommend Pisces restaurant for top class food and service.

The spa is excellent and words cannot describe how comfortable the bed is. We toyed with the idea of leaving all our clothes behind so we could bring the pillows back!

I noticed someone mentioned before that they were able to haggle in the Souk on the resort, we tried it and got nowhere (maybe just our approach?) - but they didn't seem very receptive to negotiation!

I would definitely go back and would definitely recommend the Dar al Masyaf.

Best hotel i've stayed at!

I stayed at the dar al masyaf in the easter of 2005, we arrived in the morning and got there at about 10am, we we in a gulf summer house, these are better than arabian ones as they are set back into the complex where as the gulf villas are beach front. Rooms are exquiste. The best bathroom i have ever seen, the largest bath i have ever been in. You can lie out flat without touching either end! all marble and a stunning walk in rain shower. Service was fantastic with fruit skewers brought often when lying on the beach. private butler service akes care of everything, golf buggys take you where you want and take you to wild wadi and Burj al Arab if you so wish. This was honestly the best hotel experience i have ever had. the disneyesk features and surroundings are spot on without being to in your face. Food was excellent, i thought breakfast was great with everything you could ever want. This is a true Five Star hotel.

Disney does Dubai - yes, but still fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member MadasuDubai

We arrived at 10am to pouring rain, thunder and lightning! Our room was ready however, so we had some respite. The resort itself has to be seen to be believed - a massive creation of Arabian style buildings and waterways. We stayed in the Gulf Summerhouse. Beware - this does not mean you get a Gulf View, it's just that these are closer to the beach. The rooms are extremely high standard, the most comfortable bed ever, beating Four Seasons even. Bathrooms luxurious with as many toiletries as you need. Don't bother taking any - everything is here. We were told about the happy hour in the villa on arrival - it seems other reviews say this was not mentioned. We enjoyed great butler service, although they were a bit pushy to book restaurant reservations for the whole of our trip (I think they get a bonus). Having said that, the restaurants were very busy and you do need to book ahead. Best restaurant - Pisces, fine dining seafood, really good. Meat Co is good for steaks, Ushnas is a great contemporary Indian. Pierchic had a boring menu, they depend on the location for attracting diners. Breakfast was better in the main hotel Al Qasr, the beach restaurant was a bit hit or miss. Yes, it is a bit Disney does Dubai, but there is something here for everyone and we had a great time. Would definitely go back. The main downside is the time it takes to get into Dubai for the souks etc. The building work means traffic is crazy morning and early evenings so time your journey. We usually stay at Le Royal Meridien - we visited during our stay and not only is it having work done in the hotel grounds, it is now completely surrounded by tower blocks, cranes and noise/dirt. Dar Al Masyaf was on oasis by comparison!

No comparison - the BEST hotel in Dubai!

by TripAdvisor Member natalie367

My husband and I stayed here in July 2005, but have recently stayed in Abu Dhabi and went back for a peep. This truly is an outstanding hotel and deserves a review!

Our hotel room (house!) was gigantic! We had three beautiful balconies,dining area,study, sitting room, dressing area, a hotel room size bathroom plus a guest bathroom, and the largest/highest bed in the world. The rooms are serviced twice daily with all the normal extras you would expect, slippers at the side of your bed, chocolates, happy dream messages etc etc etc. All the rooms/houses are reached by 'arbras'. These are great for a look around the whole complex as there are two other hotels and a lovely arabic style mall - 'Madinhat Souk'. (On our second visit we went to 'Mall of the Emirates' - this is a shoppers paradise and shoe lovers dream. It also has an amazing ski dome. Welll worth a visit!!!!)

There is no shortage of places to eat, I think there are about 40 dining options throughout the complex! There is a great cocktail bar in the Al Qasr - highly reccomeded but highly toxic with a the pipe fumes too!!!!!

Dar Al Masyaf is definatly not disney! We had an evening at the Burj Al Arab, now that is Disney at its tackiest (overly opulent)! The food at the 'disco ceiling' sky view restuarant is amazing. They messed up our order and sang happy birthday to me - although it was not my birthday - then took the cake off me re-lit the candles and took it straight to the next table! The manager found out and they gave us hermes perfume and aftershave, a personal tour and a yummy chocolate cake to apologise! I thought it was quite funny!!!

The pool and beach areas were very quiet. The service on the beach was outstanding - drinks never got warm, fruit kebabs delivered fresh every couple of hours as well as the 'Evian' man in charge of spraying hot bodies! bliss!

madinat jumeirahmadinat jumeirah

LET DO A VT MEET AT Madinat Jumeirah HOTEL

by bobbydigital

I LIKE TO INVITE ALL VT MEMBERS FOR A VT MEET @ the Arabian Gulf, Mina A' Salam is the 'harbour of peace' - and gateway to Madinat Jumeirah

WHERE I WILL BE STAYING FROM BETWEEN JAN 29TH TILL MIDDLE OF FEB...

WHAT U GUYS SAY? LIKE TO MEET U ALL THE PARTY IS ON ME

YES YES

WILL BE HOSTING A TRAVEL SHOW...IN THE AREA...

LIKE TO MEET ANY VT FREINDS WHILE I AM NOT WORKING......

LET ME KNOW WHEN IS BEST FOR YOU....ALL

by colin_bramso

Sounds kinda OK to me Bobby, depending on exactly when. Let's hear what the others have to say and see if it can be arranged. Dubai get-togethers usually take a while to organise!

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Well Colin as per the dates that our fellow VT member would be available in Dubai, I think in month of February finding a date would be possible. Let us know when you are in Dubai and maybe by end of January we can start planning for a suitable date!!

Happy New Year to everybody :-)

Trip was canceled guys.................................................

by bobbydigital

sorry to inform you guys our trip was cancled

largely due to change of plans on our director whom is cooming From Canada

looks like more Shoots In Pk for now

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

NO PROBLEMA :-)
Always there is a next time!!

Comments