Dubai Trade Centre Hotel Apartments

Trade Centre Rd, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

More about Dubai

Sushi Bar at SpectrumSushi Bar at Spectrum

Jumeirah Beach HotelJumeirah Beach Hotel

Filet, onion rings and potatoes au gratin at RuthsFilet, onion rings and potatoes au gratin at Ruths

Japengo CafeJapengo Cafe

paragliding

by shh_silence

while browsing the net for paragliding in dubai i found the address of dubai paragliding club , but no prices are mentionned , wanting to visit dubai and paraglide , could anyone give me an idea about paragliding there and the price of a tandem flight (non paraglider companion) . i don't want to take a course just one jump in a tandem flight .

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

I am sure if you contact them they would provide all the information:

International Paragliding Club

info@dubaiparaglidingclub.com

Serge:
+ 971 50 281-4650 English / German
+ 41 78 640-2424

Lina:
+41 78 854 7785 English / Indonesian (Bahasa)
I am not into paragliding myself :-)

by shh_silence

thank you Amir for your reply , i sent a mail and they replied that they mostly sell equipements , yj\hey do not have tandem flights .

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

WEll, probably they have the right location of a place that can offer you a jump!! :-)
Good luck.

Travel Tips for Dubai

Inside the Bedroom

by Erkmen

It was not so easy to take a picture in the bedroom.. Our guide wasfollowing us and was not letting... But we took one in the darkness..

The bedroom is as big as my livingroom.. And just above the bed lays a mirror :)) and if you dont want you can cover the mirror by just clicking one of the buttons..

The view from the bed was georgeous..

10 Pin BOWLING - surprisingly entertaining...

by JessH

What to do when summer arrives, with the mercury topping 50 degrees celsius (122 F), the roads are sizzling, and your wallet won't survive another trip around a shopping mall? It ain't romantic, it ain't exotic, but bowling is fun and gets you off the sofa and you know it :-)

Dubai's first & oldest bowling alley closed its doors in 2006 ("Thunderbowl") and has been sorely missed by many expatriates & locals; the old alley had always been more popular I guess for "nostalgic" reasons. The new centre operates Brunswick lanes in a plush & modern facility.

Some info from their website:

> "8-Ball" Billiards & Snooker Hall.
> Bowling Corner Pro-Shop.
> Video Games Arcade.
> Fast Food Counter.
> The Mugg & Bean Coffee Shop.

We now make a point of going bowling twice to thrice a month, and I'm actually starting to achieve the occasional strike! Whilst I hopped on the spot like a little girl, I heard a Fred Flintstone wanna-be from the neighbouring lane: "All 10 pins! Yabba-dabba-doooo!". There are also families with children enjoying themselves, stuffing their mouths with greasy snack foods & spending more time sliding around in their shoes & falling on their backsides than actually hitting any pins.

Unfortunately, you won't quite find the "authentic bowling-alley-feeling" here: there's no flat beer in plastic cups, as this venue is unlicensed and no alcohol is served. The hall is very clean, and staff are pretty friendly, and there is a small smoking section in the corner.

We had a great time, and this is definitely a good way to waste a few hours in the unbearable summer heat. PRICES (including shoe hire):
15 Dirhams per person per game,
or 95 Dirhams per 1 hour per game (on a weekday), Dhs 110 in the evenings & on the weekends.
(1 US Dollar = 3.67 Dirhams)

Opening Hours: 7 days a week from 10:00am - 11:00pm.

I guess one could argue whether Bowling truly is a "sport"... is Darts a sport? What about Golf? To me that's taking a walk with a purpose... haha! However, "One advantage of bowling over golf is that you never lose a bowling ball." (Quote by anonymous)

Perfect all-encapsulating souvenir!

by Durfun about Dubai Museum Gift Shop

The shop in the museum is a true Aladdin's cave.

Though it's very compact, it has virtually any souvenir that represents the country & city. Various sizes too! I was spoilt for choice & could not make my mind up easily. Prices of items was certainly higher than in the souks, but there were several items that I had not seen anywhere else.

What I was after was something that sums up all that Dubai represents. A tricky requirement. Yet, I found the perfect answer!

Since 2008, by complete chance started to collect fridge magnets. But the magnet I bought from this shop was unique as far as I'm concerned. It has graphics of all the items related to this Emirate, and it also functions as a spring-loaded clip: perfect for reminders or small notes. I felt the price was extremely competitive, at 12 AED!!

Down by the water's edge...

by JessH about QDs Bar (Quarter Deck)

QDs (short for Quarter Deck) is another one of those fashionable & gorgeous outdoor nightspots that just can't seem to get *everything* right. This the ultimate place to chill out at one of the many tables right by the water's edge, or get there early and grab yourself a comfy Arabic sofa. This place is pretty big, but it fills-up with regulars very quickly. There are also some nice individual Arabic tents that are great for the colder months to escape the wind-chill :-)

Order yourself a drink (or a tea if you're driving...) have a Sheesha (water pipe) and watch the world drift past you on the historic Dubai Creek. But may I recommend that you don't come here on an empty stomach. This isn't fine dining, and they really could make a better effort with the food. The menu only features snack items & pizza, but much like its big brother (Boardwalk Restaurant) it's a real shame: one of the best venues in the city; yet the food is less than appetizing.
We ordered some Arabic cheese breads which were alright. The broccoli & cheese balls *tasted* ok, but we both had an upset stomach afterwards (and I have a strong stomach!) Our friend Siddharth had some Kebab sticks which seemed ok. Dress-Code is casual (and bring a jacket in the winter months!)

So, my tip for you? Stick to the excellent drinks served by the friendly bar staff, and enjoy a Sheesha! (may I recommend Mint Sheesha together with a pitsher of "Creek Party" cocktail...) Early evenings sees QDs as a relaxed place to chill and hang-loose, and later on a DJ entertains the crowd on the medium-sized dance floor with the usually chart hits and pop classics.

I love watching the numerous dinner-cruises whizzing past, some with cheesy music and what seem to resemble old Xmas lights blinking on the windows... you've gotta pity the "regular tourist", for he hasn't discovered the joy of observing the Creek from its shore & not from an overcrowded boat. Sometimes it's best to take a step back, and not be in the "middle of the action"...

Opening Hours:
Fridays & Saturdays: 05:00pm - 02:00am.
Sundays to Thursdays: 06.00pm - 02:00am.
> They don't accept reservations unless you are a large group (8 or more).

Two-Thumbs Up for the Two-Way Peking Duck!

by rachelleiris about Lan Kwai Fong

Two-thumbs up for the two-way peking duck!!! It was such a hit among us that the lazy susan was anything but lazy on that evening. We just couldn’t get enough of it! First-way was the crispy thin and delectably sinful peking duck, topped with green slivered scallions, cucumbers & hoisin sauce – all wrapped in crunchy doilies.. and my oh my.. was it Y-U-M-M-Y! The second way was an equally yummy and even crunchier peking duck that we ate to the bones… and then the rest of the four-course dinner was -- well, you guessed it, sumptuously filling!

As if we hadn’t had enough of fun that night, we found out that since we had an exclusive room reserved for our group (of 8), we had a videoke machine all to ourselves.. and all throughout the night!

2 out of 8 of us were cringing because not only was this videoke thing a surprise (more like a shock)... but also because they didn’t practice singing! But 6 of us didn’t have any care in the world.. and sang our hearts out until the Chinese waitress knocked at our door to tell us that the restaurant was closing and it was time for us to go. Oh well, guess it meant that we have to go back to that authentic Chinese resto and unlimited videoke place rolled-into-one sooner rather than later.

The interiors are a bit dated though.. but still very typical of Hongkong street restaurants.

Besides, you won't really notice the interiors if you're eating and singing to your heart's delight. Needless to say, it was the peking duck. You also shouldn't miss-out on the vast array of dimsum and noodles.

But if you want a hassle-free full-course meal, you can simply entrust your choices to the Chinese chef...

And just be ready to be surprised. =)

Comments