Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Sheikh Zayed Road, near Financial Center Station, Dubai, 116162, United Arab Emirates
Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai

Eatery Buffet

by TripAdvisor Member toodles2008

Ate at the Eatery. The food selection was very small for the hot food. There was only one fish option.
The starters were ok. The dessert bar was OK, there was however no icecream.
The Buffet cost 95 dirhams, but the drinks were not inclusive, so we had to pay for the drinks seperately. Some of the hotel staff were not very knowledgeable on what the 95 dirhams included, because before hand I called to make reservations, and was told that drinks such as coke and sprite were included in the 95 dirham.

Not sure if i will be going back there anytime soon.

Good Location and excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member gizmo_222

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. My room was very clean and the hotel service was good. The hotel is well located on Sheikh Zayed Road (about 25 to 30 dhiram cab drive to Mall of Emirates, Wadi Water Park, Medinah Jumerah Beach etc and about 20 or less Dhiram to go towards Dora and Old Dubai.). Taxi can easily be taken in front of hotel. Breakfast buffet is excellent and free Wifi internet in lobby area if you have your laptop!

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member sbaig

Stayed at this property with husband and two kids aged 11 and 16 for 3 nights in August. I was a bit skeptical before our trip as there were only 4 reviews available but was pleasantly surprised. We had booked two interconnected rooms; I confirmed this before our trip via email. Good thing that I had a print out because during check-in they were giving us two rooms on separate floors. As soon as I produced the e-mail they found two adjoining rooms and checked us in right away. They do not have connected rooms only adjoining ones.

As the previous reviewers have stated the lobby is indeed very small with hardly any room to lounge. The location of the hotel more than made up for it, very convenient and taxis are easily available round the clock.

Our one room had a king bed and the other had two very large twins. The king room was much smaller than the twin room. The twin room was quite spacious although the bathroom was small. Both rooms had a walk out balcony overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road. Even though the weather was HOT we spent quite sometime standing there enjoying the views particularly at night. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. Two bottles of water were provided everyday free of charge. They also have a program where they give you one free ‘snack’ from a list once during your stay. We got chicken sandwiches, muffin and fruit plate. A very nice touch.

Once ate lunch buffet at their restaurant downstairs. Plenty of items to choose but the food were at best average except for the ‘lamb’ dish which was amazing.

Not to be missed is the rooftop pool area for the 360 degree views. Weather did not permit us to stay much long and lounge around.

Will I stay here again? Most probably, unless I want to be close to the beach in a more resort like setting.

Questions about this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member femigirl

I will be at this hotel tomorrow, what the earliest, i can check in? is there airport shuttle bus? if not how much will a taxi cost me to get to the hotel? answer will be nice

Excellent Hotel, Very Good Location, My best stay in Dubai yet!

by TripAdvisor Member Lodhia

I stayed at Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai for 8 nights from 21 August 2008. This was my fifth visit to Dubai and it was my best stay in Dubai yet!

I had read the reviews on trip advisor and contacted the General Manager to enquire about early check in and car parking and I received a very prompt response.

Check in time is normally 3pm, but my flight arrived at 5am and I was at the hotel for 6am. The General Manager had written that early check in was subject to availability and I let the reception staff know, they let my family check in at no extra cost and upgraded my rooms to an executive 2 bedroom appartment.

In addition to this, they provided a proper baby cot (crib) ie not a travel fold away cot and an extra bed at no extra cost.

As I had decided to rent a car for the duration of my stay, car parking was important and the hotel has a significant multistorey car park at the rear of the hotel which was free of charge for hotel guests.

Dubai is getting more congested and taxis do not serve certain areas very well, therefore, I rented a car. Alot of travel guides tell you to be very careful when driving in Dubai, but as long as you have your wits about you, its no different from driving in London or Birmingham. Car hire is very reasonable (compared to in Europe) and I would definately recommend it. It gives you the freedom to explore Dubai and beyond.

The breakfast buffet was very good, there was a good choice of breads, croissants, muffins, pastries, cheese, yogurts, cereals, fruits, the chef prepares fresh eggs to your choice. There was also a selection of hot buffet items and juices. (Elena was particularly helpful to us)

The staff were also very friendly and always had a smile on their faces.

The reception area is a little small, but given how big our room was I don't particular mind! Also there is free wireless internet in the lobby area, which a lot of people used. Really nice idea for people on holiday emailing family to keep in touch.

The room was immaculate and very large, excellent facilities including room safe, satellite TV. Complimentary water bottles are left in the room daily. Another nice touch is a complimentary treat which the reception staff give you on checking in. This gives a selection of treats (Hot drink and a sweet selection/ Beer & pretzels/ fruit selection etc)

The roof top area gives fantastic views of Sheikh Zayed Road and surroundings. The Pool and paddling pool were a great hit with the kids.

The surrounding area is very lively with a selection of international cuisine within walking distance. In addition to this there are several small corner shops to get water, soft drinks and snacks etc open until midnight.

Photos are just as their website and as other people have posted.

Great Hotel, Great Service, Look forward to going back again!

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member GermanyKarlo

I stayed one night at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road. The room was excellent: spacious, nicely decorated, good furniture, large flatscreen, large bed etc. - all you need is there. The bathroom was large, functional and very clean. The room was in the 12th floor with a nice seaview. I booked the room via Asiarooms for 92 Euros and it was very good value for the money. Breakfast was also very good with unobtrusive yet attentive service. There was a slight continuous rattle from the aircon which could be amended by reducing the fan speed. All in all a pleasant stay at an excellent hotel.

One of Best Business Hotel in DUbai

by TripAdvisor Member khalid606

This is a very nice hotel, I really like it

It’s brand new (open June 2008), and well located in Sheikh Zayed Road.

The room is reasonable spacious and well decorated.

This hotel is one of the best 4 stars hotels in Dubai.

There are only two disadvantages:
1- The entrance is not designed to be a hotel entrance; it looks like a normal office tower.
2- The internet is free only in the lobby (the lobby is too small), but very costly in the room (about 26$ per day)

Good location, good value, but some details could be improved.

by TripAdvisor Member milehighj

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel in mid-October while in Dubai on business. In terms of value-for-money, whether on business or pleasure, this is a very good option in a city where hotel rates can be exorbitant. Furthermore, I received an upgrade to a sea-facing, corner (Preferred) room in recognition of my SPG Platinum status. (I was also offered the option of a smoking Suite, but chose the non-smoking Preferred room instead.)

Having said that, there were a few details which were a little rough around the edges.

First, the free wi-fi in the lobby causes many guest to linger there, and frankly it's not a very large lobby. There is a small table with 4 chairs in-between the main lobby and elevator banks, and these seats are regularly hoarded by laptop-wielding guests. Not the best impression.

Second, I found the service to be friendly but lacking. For example, in one of the F&B outlets, the serving staff would all come over and greet me, but when I actually ordered something it took ages to arrive.

So to summarise, this is a well-located, good value hotel to which I would return. However, it does not so far earn an "Excellent" rating in my opinion.

nice hotel , good price

by TripAdvisor Member jasonr6

nice hotel, longer than average check, reception said we could use the pool on the roof till our room was ready. Our room was upgraded, all the staff very friendly.

Located on busy road, plenty of other bars, restaurants and shops nearby within short walking distance, will be staying there on next visit to Dubai.

Should be called 10 points.

by TripAdvisor Member Zuribob

We loved this hotel,
The location on Sheikh Zayed road is excellent with many restaurants, shops and a few supermarkets just steps away.
And once the new Light Rail opens it will be very easy to get around from the rail station opposite the hotel.

The booking was easy via the hotel website, and communication i had via e-mail was dealt with extremely promptly and efficiently.

We were checked in within minutes, no problems.
You also get given a card for a snack and drink to use at the hotel bars or restaurants during your stay, nice touch.
The design of the hotel is simple, modern, contemporary, really nice.
We booked a preferred room (corner room) the room was large and light. Fantastic bed, Plasma TV, Mini Bar, Desk, Armchairs, Iron, Hairdryer, Safe. Plenty of storage space.
Loved the design it was very clean, maybe because of the high gloss tiled floor instead of carpet.
The balcony was over 1 metre deep and ran the entire length of the room on both sides, giving us fantastic sea views all the way from Dubai port all the way along the coast past the Burj Al Arab and onto Jebel Ali.
The bathroom was large, fully stocked with toiletries and complimentary mineral water. Great shower and bath too.

The pool area on the roof is fantastic, comfortable loungers, a pool bar serving snacks and fantastic views over all of Dubai.

There are 4 elevators and we never had to wait more than a minute for an elevator. The hotel staff in the lobby area would see you coming and have the lift there waiting for you most times.

All the staff we dealt with we courteous, efficient and friendly, Housekeeping were great, the room was spotless, coffee and water replenished, morning and evening. Great job.

Check out was equally painless. We have stayed at many hotels in the ME and worldwide and this one really seemed to have mastered providing effectively seamless service without any fuss.

All in all a great stay, we really loved how efficient and unpretentious this hotel was, just delivering in what seemed an effortless fashion.

Would i stay here again? You bet, i wouldn't think of going elsewhere.

View of Burj Khalifa - DubaiView of Burj Khalifa - Dubai

It says "Dubai Museum" :DIt says "Dubai Museum" :D

R inside El Chico restaurant - DubaiR inside El Chico restaurant - Dubai

The Creek seen from our boatThe Creek seen from our boat

directions

by tracyskf

Hi, I'd like to know how to get to Al Moosa Tower (driving through Syed Zayed from Jebel Ali) and where to park?

Thank you!

by colin_bramso

There are two Al Moosa Towers and they're on the opposite side of Sheikh Zayed Road if you're going in the direction of Dubai from Jebel Ali. They're between the under-construction interchange known as Defence Roundabout and Trade Centre Roundabout (nor far from Crowne Plaza hotel).

I guess you'd need to go round Trade Centre roundabout and come back towards SZR, taking the slip road to where all the towers are.

There's parking along that slip road and also behind the towers, but it's always very, very busy so it may take you a while to find a space.

by tracyskf

thanks Colin for the prompt response!
so it might makes more sense to take a cab there instead I reckon...
is it near Crowne Plaza or Shangrila?

by colin_bramso

A few towers down from Crown Plaza, towards Jebel Ali direction.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

I suppose cab is the best because parking this days is a nightmare around busy comercial districts!!

Guys
Thanks for precise directions and tips! =)
Yes, parking was nightmare!

Comments