Al Manhool Street, Behind Standard Chartered Bank,

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Best budget hotel

I was accommodated in Golden Sands hotel apartments for my first visit to Dubai.
    I generally in all my trips prefer to save on my hotel stays and enjoy the savings by going out and discovering, and of course shopping!
    I stayed in this hotel apartments, which is a budget hotel, it was very clean and really spacious considering what other hotels are offering (I've stayed in other hotels too).
    The rooms could easily fit extra person, it is also equipped with a kitchen, all necessary cutlery, washing machine, fridge, cooker and microwave. I enjoyed this, since everyday i used to walk to spinneys supermarket to get all my groceries and cook at night. They have too pools, 1 is small and always crowded, i recommend you use the roof top 1, there it is big and cool. They have a restaurant where i had my breakfast every day. Its location is great. it is very close to metro station by which you can reach almost all big shopping malls, and you can easily grab a taxi at the entrance. Also it is close to the old souks of naif and deira. A tip for you is when you arrive first is to book their free shuttle bus to the beach(Jumeerah), because it's always full, so book very early. The beach entrance is very cheap(5 dirhams).
    Another tip is if you require bigger apartments like with 2 bedrooms you will be appointed in Golden Sands 10(all in same street), where you will get free WI-FI which none of the other hotels offer.
    Service is good, cleaning also is good, so if you want to save on your room stay, this is the perfect place, it has all the necessary and its location is centralized, especially for a new comer and who will not have a car. Recommended for sure

Unique Quality: Great location, very clean, budget rate, all facilities available just like other hotels, free shuttle bus to the beach, near by metro station and taxi, walking distance to supermarket, old souks, burjaman shopping mall, free wi-fi in GS10

• SwedishMother's Profile Photo

Ok stay - good value

I travelled with my son who is 14. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's not The Ritz but the price is awesome if you book in advance. It's walking distance to Metro and shops. Taxis on the street around the clock.

- 9 nights at Golden Sands 5 at the cost of 2300 dirhams (a bargain). We booked way ahead.
    - Bathroom was a bit worn out but clean. Pressure in shower ok.
    - Fridge/freezer and kitchenette ok.
    - Nice beds.
    - Two couches and flat screen TV.
    - Internet in the room through cable (bring a cable from home).
    - AC was fab.
    - Staff was a bit uninterested but we didn't go to Dubai to hang around in the lobby. :)

Unique Quality: Pool: Small one at the bottom and a better one on the roof top.
    Gym: Free of charge. Basic equipment. I used the treadmill and it was fine.
    Room: Good size (twin).
    View: No, over a parking lot...
    Breakfast: We didn't try the restaurant.

Directions: Bur Dubai.

• dezert_roz's Profile Photo

A decent and comfortable accomodation.

Made my reservation through booking.com so got a preferential tarriff.
    Check in was quick. the front desk staff was very congenial.

The housekeeping staff if effecient and rooms are neat and comfortable .Has 2 swimming pools and a a gym.

The only drawback is the limited Room Service Menu.

Enjoyed the stay overall.

Unique Quality: The highlight about this place is that its centrally located in Bur Dubai, with a grocery store closeby.

• No common sense

Salam

I'd like to raise a complaint on the treatment of my family tonight 22nd of August 2011 by the management of Golden Sands 10.

I live in a villa in Mirdif and my wife has just given birth to a baby girl in the past 10 days.

Due to some electrical failures at home  which caused the airconditioning and water pumps to fail, and the fact that maintenance teams are only able to come tomorrow, we were forced to take lodgings in a service apartment.

We subsequently booked ourselves into Golden Sands 10- party of 5 adults - wife, the maid, the in-laws who are visiting from Malaysia,myself and 2 children - the newborn and my 2 yr old daughter.

Whilst checking in, we were told that passports are needed for the check-in. My immediate family and maid had all our documents but my in-laws didn't bring theirs - left at home in our rush check in. I was on the way back to secure the documents.

What we had requested was for them to check in first - there were 2 young children and a mother who has just given birth. Meanwhile, I would be coming back within an hour tops with the passports.

The management of Golden Sands 10 refused despite the situation. I cannot understand why such strict requirements are enforced with absolutely no thought. My family was left in the lobby for an entire hour until we could not take it and we subsequently chose a hotel.

This is the kind of service that is being offered in Dubai and I am sad that it is being offered by such a good company - or so I thought. (ARENCO). the wife and I were previous tenants at golden sands 2 and had hoped that some semblance of common sense would prevail but it had not.

I will be sharing this complaint with all and sundry. There are other providers out there and there is no doubt that I will dissuade others from using the Golden Sand's services.

Azhar Syarawi

Unique Quality: Absolutely no common sense or humanity.

• Ines28's Profile Photo

Large rooms with cooking facilities

The Golden Sands Apartments are more suitable for business travellers than normal tourists. It is a very big hotel with several buildings, not very beautiful but with large comfortable, well-furnished rooms.
    I would recommend this hotel for those who only intend to stay in Dubai for 2 or 3 nights and want to be near the city centre, as it is not too far away from the shopping centers and the Dubai creek.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a small pool, good for a short swim but not for a longer stay. The big carpark is under the hotel and is visible from the pool.
    The cooking facilities can be very helpful as there is a small supermarket nearby and because eating out in Dubai can be quite expensive.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo

Extended stay facilities at # 5

Golden Sands Hotel Apartments (Building # 5) is our favorite place for extended stay in Dubai.

The suites come with a kitchennet and crockery. Swimmimg pool is also available. For those tourists who are going to remain mostly outside, this is a perfect place to stay.

Inclusive of tax, the room rates per night are US$ 57/-

Unique Quality: The hotel is located within the city near Bank Street (Khalid Bin Waleed Road), with easy access to cornish, Heritage Village, ladies shopping areas and Jumerirah Beach.

• wto's Profile Photo

Accomodation close to City Centre

From Golden Sands we could walk to the Creek. It was hot in November but not so extreme. I guess the walk in Summer would be more difficult with little shade to protect you. From the Creek it just a short Abra journey (50 fils) across the Creek to the Souks.

• wto's Profile Photo

Accomodation close to City Centre

Golden Sands are a number of apartment blocks close to the centre of Dubai. Most other 'tourist' hotels are out of the centre in the beach area. We felt that as it was a "City Break" type of place for a few days, close to the centre would suit us better. The 'Studio' was large by most Countries standards with kitchen facilities. Of course we soon made it a little untidy! (homely, some would say).

Directions: Bur Dubai

More about Golden Sands Hotel Apartments

Good Cheap Clean Safe!

by Hexepatty about Golden Sands Hotel Apartments

It can be more geared for long-term stays, but just as convenient for short-term stays. Golden Sands was great. Nice location and easy access to main thorough fares. Internet slow but free in the lobby. Front desk staff a bit surely, but so was I to be fair. (Jetlag and ALL that excitement from Kuwait, I suspect....) Still, I'd stay there again and recommend it to others. It was $75 a night and I booked it with www.booking.com Had so many features we didn't need for a transient (one night) sleep. Would have been a delight to have needed some of them however: pool, restaurants. And in the room: fridge, washer/dryer and dishwasher. Two twin beds and a pull out couch, too! It rocked!

If you do stay here, BIG warning: There are 10+ Golden Sands Apartment buildings. Each is numbered and you can see them as you drive around them in your Expensive Cab with the meter a ticking....

Unlike US... be sure you know WHICH building you will be placed in. We were in Building Three, even though booking.com itinerary said Mankhool street. Building Three was NOT on Mankhool Street.

Or LIKE US... you'll be, not happy... and eventually ditch the cab and start walking, one by one to each building.

And it's hot, dark, you are tired, cranky and ... not happy.

We finally found it, but I know we paid a good $10 more in cab fare and ended up ditching the cab anyway.

Airport Bus 401 (Deira and surrounds) & 402

by xuessium

The Dubai airport buses operate 24 hours a day. They arrive and depart from the Dubai International Airport Terminal 1 (near the carpark) in 30 minutes intervals.

Two Dubai airport bus routes are currently in place: 401 and 402.

Rate is 3 AED per journey.

Dubai Airport Bus 401 transports passengers from the airport in Dubai to the Deira section of Dubai. Route: Dubai Airport- DNATA Airline Centre - Al Maktoum Road - Deira Taxi Station - Al Sabkha Bus Station

Dubai Airport Bus 402 transports passengers from the airport to the Dubai city area which is located on the other side of the Dubai Creek. Route 402: Dubai Airport - Deira City Centre - Al Karama - Golden Sands - Al Mankhool - Al Ghubaiba Bus Station

Good value for money.

We stayed at the Golden Sands 3 for three nights whilst on business in Dubai, its good value for money and the rooms are very clean and well equiped, the bathrooms were a bit shabby though. we had a studio that could have slept 4 with two bathrooms even though there were just 2 of us, there was a lot of building work going on right next to the hotel so take ear plugs and you will be fine, overall not a bad hotel, very nice staff, good taxi service right outside and nice little reception area just dont have the breakfast it was terrible. any questions email us at
enquiries@the-beckhams.co.uk. and we will be happy to help.

lovely hotel

we stayed here for a week in april, the hotel was lovely. the staff were very friendly. the only disappointment was the pool as it was quite small, but still it wasnt too bad as my daughter loved it. this hotel was ideal for us as it was nearby to all shopping centres and the beach. the most we spent on a taxi to a shopping mall, i think was about 48 aed which was about £8 (not bad at all). there was a complimentary shuttle bus to jumeirah beach which we used 3 times. there were always taxis outside the hotel waiting to take you anywhere you wanted. there was also a local supermarket - spinneys, which had everything you needed!! it was a shame they didnt have a hairdryer in the room but again i asked them for one and they bought it up for me. the service we received from golden sands was brilliant, the staff were always willing to help us no matter what time it was. there is a vast amount of construction going on in dubai, and especially jumeirah road!!! im so glad we didnt pay all that money and stay in jumeirah hotel as you would of been able to hear construction work all the time. i would definitely recommend golden sands 3 at any time and would go back there myself. i just wish we'd stayed a bit longer.

very nice appartment

by TripAdvisor Member jad511

We have just returned from 2 weeks staying at the golden sands appartments. The appartment was very clean and well furnished. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. You could take the free shuttle bus to the beach and there was also free internet. There is a very pleasant pool area and you could also use the rooftop pool next door.
We were very pleased with the location as you could walk to different places and there were some nice restaurants nearby. The Burjuman shopping centre isn't far away and Spinneys supermarket is also close.
We had an excellent holiday and would definately stay at the Golden sands if we return to Dubai

Brilliant but building work- beware!

by TripAdvisor Member aysha25

Overall, this hotel was very good. Spacious rooms, comfortable and clean. My young children and husband also loved the room. It was very homely and we settled in straightaway. HOWEVER, our room was overlooking the building work outside and the builders are there at 7am on the dot! This was the only downfall for me. I must say that the noise only woke me up sometimes whereas my husband and kids slept through it all the time!! So if you're a light sleeper like me, I would defeinitely recommend trying to contact the hotel and requesting an alternative room, if possible, beforehand.

Staff are also friendly and try to help with any queries. The shuttle bus to the beach every morning was good. However there were lots of people wanting to get on and there was a bit of a push and shove to get a place on it! So be there early! It may have been a busy time of year (Easter) so I don't know if it's like this all the time. The bus also picks you up from the beach in the afternoon, but other guests commented that it is often late or sometimes fails to come at all! We just caught a taxi back on the day it was late, as the children were tired and it was too hot for them.

The pool was small and not really ideal for young children but was popular with many families. As my son has special dietary requirements we never ate at the hotel restaurant but bought our own ingredients and food. There are pans and cooking utensils in the room so it wasn't a problem.

Location of the hotel is good- near to local grocery stores where you can buy milk, bread, sandwiches, cakes etc. but Spinneys supermarket is also nearby.

To conclude, a lovely place to stay- very clean and comfortable. Would recommend to others and would definitely stay here again!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BeckyPhillips05

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 1 week whilst on holiday in Dubai. Its good value for money and the staff are very friendly. Location was fantastic also as near to shopping mall and supermarket just 5 mins walk away. A lot quiter than Jumeriah Beach area and a lot cheaper. Overall a good valur for money holiday in a amazing country.

Dubai - Resort of the Future being built now!

by LynCod

"Exceptionally clean,friendly destination"

Flew with Emirates Airlines economy class,very good flight,food and entertainment,700+channels on your own personal tv..80 movies,wide choice of music,tv programs & games to play.Also cameras at nose & underneath aircraft so you could see what was going on,landing was great,checking pilot was on correct course.
Dubai Airport was ultra modern and spotless & architecturally impressive,reflecting all the other facilities provided for tourists and residents.(Duty Free prices on departure cheapest we have come across).
The main form of transport was taxis,they were very plentiful and cheap,fast & efficient weaving confidently inbetween five lane motorways in the centre of the city.(make sure you only use cabs with a meter).The bus service was not so comprehensive and very full of workers.
We stayed at the 3* Golden Sands Apartments based in the city,area known as Bur Dubai.The area was apartment city,lots of large apartment blocks,supermarkets nearby,easy to travel to the centre of Dubai city(15mins)or nearest beach (15mins).The cost of staying in the apartments is substancially less than the 5*Hotels on the beachfront.Our apartments provided free transport to the 5*Dubai Hliton daily & also entry to their beach club which would cost £12.38 a day each if you paid!

"Dubai City and Creek"

The city is a mixture of old and new.the creek splits the city, you can cross the creek by Abra( local ferry boats)for small change,the souks on both sides of the creek are within easy walking distance of the Abra stations.The souks sell,gold,spices,electrical goods & fun must buy items like fluffy camels that sing local songs & mosque alarm clocks.
Impressive modern buildings also line the creek alongside the Dhow Wharfage,a taste of the old Dubai.

"Beaches and Building"

Dubai is changing over from Oil to Tourism,as their oil resources are now running low,some form of building can normally be seen and heard from your beach vantage point(it will be fantastic once complete).
We visited 3 beaches,the Open Beach(free entry,lots of clean facilities,small cafe)-Jumeirah Beach Park(5 dirhams entry fee,3 cafes,more facilities being built)& Dubai Hilton Beach (many facilities,lots of treats available at 5*prices,very attentive staff).
The building work currently happenning in the Hilton area is immense,it will house 25000 people when complete & can be seen & heard from the beach.The famous Palm developement can been seen in the distance rising from the sea.

by Simone511

I shall be spending a few nights in Dubaiin Ferbuary, as part of a fairly speedy round the would holiday. Am thinking of booking the Golden Sands hotel apartments, and am hoping that someone who has stayed there fairly recently can give me their opinion

by tiwiguide

It's good place and I hope you will enjoy it.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Golden sand is the largest furnished apartment rental agency in Dubai. Their service is O.K. and probably fine for few days!!

by JessH

Hi from Dubai :-)

Golden Sands are the largest and most well-known, but in my opinion they're a bit old. Why not try some other ones in the same area, such as PEARL RESIDENCE or IMPERIAL SUITES?

Another option for great location and cheaper prices would be REGENT BEACH RESORT opposite Jumeirah Mosque. I've had friends stay there recently and they liked it a lot.

Jess ('c',)

by colin_bramso

Also, there are several Golden Sands hotel apartment blocks, about ten I think, with GS1 having been built around 1979 and the others progressively over the years - so some are new, some are old. They're all close to each other in a good location in Bur Dubai.

by smarty29

Golden sands is really good no matter if the structure is old, but their in house service is really good. The best part to know about Golden sands is, The property belongs to Hilton Group. The Managers and the Executive staff of the Hilton Group of hotel stays their as a company provided accomodation with family.
So you will get the good service under the supervision of Star grade staff who works their.

by Siddha3th

Hey Simone,

Golden Sands 3 & 5 are the best of the serviced apartments lot. I stayed for a year at GS6, and the facilites were excellent. Most of these are located in the same cluster of Bur Dubai, and that means you'll pretty much be in the heart of the city. The lovely, old quarter of Bastakiya is about 5 minutes away, Sheikh Zayed Rd. with its variety of nightlife is 15 minutes away, with the beachfront of Jumeirah being just another 10 minutes more.

Good luck, take care :)