Golden Sands Hotel Apartments

Family Travel Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

Best budget hotel

by written on July 16, 2012

I was accommodated in Golden Sands hotel apartments for my first visit to Dubai.
I generally in all my trips prefer to save on my hotel stays and enjoy the savings by going out and discovering, and of course shopping!
I stayed in this hotel apartments, which is a budget hotel, it was very clean and really spacious considering what other hotels are offering (I've stayed in other hotels too).
The rooms could easily fit extra person, it is also equipped with a kitchen, all necessary cutlery, washing machine, fridge, cooker and microwave. I enjoyed this, since everyday i used to walk to spinneys supermarket to get all my groceries and cook at night. They have too pools, 1 is small and always crowded, i recommend you use the roof top 1, there it is big and cool. They have a restaurant where i had my breakfast every day. Its location is great. it is very close to metro station by which you can reach almost all big shopping malls, and you can easily grab a taxi at the entrance. Also it is close to the old souks of naif and deira. A tip for you is when you arrive first is to book their free shuttle bus to the beach(Jumeerah), because it's always full, so book very early. The beach entrance is very cheap(5 dirhams).
Another tip is if you require bigger apartments like with 2 bedrooms you will be appointed in Golden Sands 10(all in same street), where you will get free WI-FI which none of the other hotels offer.
Service is good, cleaning also is good, so if you want to save on your room stay, this is the perfect place, it has all the necessary and its location is centralized, especially for a new comer and who will not have a car. Recommended for sure

Unique Quality: Great location, very clean, budget rate, all facilities available just like other hotels, free shuttle bus to the beach, near by metro station and taxi, walking distance to supermarket, old souks, burjaman shopping mall, free wi-fi in GS10

SwedishMother's Profile Photo

Ok stay - good value

by written on May 29, 2012

I travelled with my son who is 14. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's not The Ritz but the price is awesome if you book in advance. It's walking distance to Metro and shops. Taxis on the street around the clock.

- 9 nights at Golden Sands 5 at the cost of 2300 dirhams (a bargain). We booked way ahead.
- Bathroom was a bit worn out but clean. Pressure in shower ok.
- Fridge/freezer and kitchenette ok.
- Nice beds.
- Two couches and flat screen TV.
- Internet in the room through cable (bring a cable from home).
- AC was fab.
- Staff was a bit uninterested but we didn't go to Dubai to hang around in the lobby. :)

Unique Quality: Pool: Small one at the bottom and a better one on the roof top.
Gym: Free of charge. Basic equipment. I used the treadmill and it was fine.
Room: Good size (twin).
View: No, over a parking lot...
Breakfast: We didn't try the restaurant.

Directions: Bur Dubai.

dezert_roz's Profile Photo

A decent and comfortable accomodation.

by written on March 14, 2012

Made my reservation through booking.com so got a preferential tarriff.
Check in was quick. the front desk staff was very congenial.

The housekeeping staff if effecient and rooms are neat and comfortable .Has 2 swimming pools and a a gym.

The only drawback is the limited Room Service Menu.

Enjoyed the stay overall.

Unique Quality: The highlight about this place is that its centrally located in Bur Dubai, with a grocery store closeby.

No common sense

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 22, 2011

Salam

I'd like to raise a complaint on the treatment of my family tonight 22nd of August 2011 by the management of Golden Sands 10.

I live in a villa in Mirdif and my wife has just given birth to a baby girl in the past 10 days.

Due to some electrical failures at home  which caused the airconditioning and water pumps to fail, and the fact that maintenance teams are only able to come tomorrow, we were forced to take lodgings in a service apartment.

We subsequently booked ourselves into Golden Sands 10- party of 5 adults - wife, the maid, the in-laws who are visiting from Malaysia,myself and 2 children - the newborn and my 2 yr old daughter.

Whilst checking in, we were told that passports are needed for the check-in. My immediate family and maid had all our documents but my in-laws didn't bring theirs - left at home in our rush check in. I was on the way back to secure the documents.

What we had requested was for them to check in first - there were 2 young children and a mother who has just given birth. Meanwhile, I would be coming back within an hour tops with the passports.

The management of Golden Sands 10 refused despite the situation. I cannot understand why such strict requirements are enforced with absolutely no thought. My family was left in the lobby for an entire hour until we could not take it and we subsequently chose a hotel.

This is the kind of service that is being offered in Dubai and I am sad that it is being offered by such a good company - or so I thought. (ARENCO). the wife and I were previous tenants at golden sands 2 and had hoped that some semblance of common sense would prevail but it had not.

I will be sharing this complaint with all and sundry. There are other providers out there and there is no doubt that I will dissuade others from using the Golden Sand's services.

Azhar Syarawi

Unique Quality: Absolutely no common sense or humanity.

Ines28's Profile Photo

Large rooms with cooking facilities

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 26, 2004

The Golden Sands Apartments are more suitable for business travellers than normal tourists. It is a very big hotel with several buildings, not very beautiful but with large comfortable, well-furnished rooms.
I would recommend this hotel for those who only intend to stay in Dubai for 2 or 3 nights and want to be near the city centre, as it is not too far away from the shopping centers and the Dubai creek.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a small pool, good for a short swim but not for a longer stay. The big carpark is under the hotel and is visible from the pool.
The cooking facilities can be very helpful as there is a small supermarket nearby and because eating out in Dubai can be quite expensive.

Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo

Extended stay facilities at # 5

by written on May 23, 2004

Golden Sands Hotel Apartments (Building # 5) is our favorite place for extended stay in Dubai.

The suites come with a kitchennet and crockery. Swimmimg pool is also available. For those tourists who are going to remain mostly outside, this is a perfect place to stay.

Inclusive of tax, the room rates per night are US$ 57/-

Unique Quality: The hotel is located within the city near Bank Street (Khalid Bin Waleed Road), with easy access to cornish, Heritage Village, ladies shopping areas and Jumerirah Beach.

wto's Profile Photo

Accomodation close to City Centre

by written on April 25, 2003

From Golden Sands we could walk to the Creek. It was hot in November but not so extreme. I guess the walk in Summer would be more difficult with little shade to protect you. From the Creek it just a short Abra journey (50 fils) across the Creek to the Souks.

wto's Profile Photo

Accomodation close to City Centre

by written on April 25, 2003

Golden Sands are a number of apartment blocks close to the centre of Dubai. Most other 'tourist' hotels are out of the centre in the beach area. We felt that as it was a "City Break" type of place for a few days, close to the centre would suit us better. The 'Studio' was large by most Countries standards with kitchen facilities. Of course we soon made it a little untidy! (homely, some would say).

Directions: Bur Dubai

• Business Services
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites

Dubai Travel Forum

Need advice about Dubai, United Arab Emirates? Visit the Travel Forum for Dubai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dubai hotel reviews

Burj Al Arab (Jumeirah Beach Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 15 Reviews
Atlantis The Palm
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Emirates Towers Hotel (Sheikh Zayed Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Al Khaleej Hotel (Deira Dubai.)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Sobahn
Al Muna
Antique Bazaar
Restaurants
Still the best place to be.
Things to Do
Atlantis Hotel - a few more pictures.
Gold Dispensing Machine
Things to Do
The Atlantis Hotel a cheapskates guide.
Things to Do
Ride the monorail for the views.
Palm Jumeriah Monorail
Trams
Thomas Cook
Things to Do
Views from the world's tallest tower!
Almost Spanish