Jumeirah Beach, PO Box 24454, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Satisfaction Average

Costs 25% less but rated 15% lower than other 5 star hotels

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Some good...some bad

This is the hotel I stayed at on my educational trip to Dubai in 2006.

It hadn't been opened very long - so there were problems, but there were also good elements. So here is my view

Good -
    - Room was large and comfortable.
    - 'Free' water left in the room along with sweets and fruit.
    - Large bathroom with huge separate shower.
    - Fantastic 'freebies' - nice largeish bottles of moisturisers, shampoos, conditioners, slippers, exfoliater, etc. (all restocked daily)
    - TV and DVD.
    - Our room had a small balcony with a sea view.
    - Good variety of food available at breakfast.
    - Lovely infinity pool on the third floor (adult only).
    - V comfy bed.

Bad -
    - Service was atrocious:-
    *it took almost an hour for the luggage to get to the room.
    *The mini bar was restocked at bizarre times (one of my colleagues was woken up at 3:30am for the mini bar!)
    * When a bag went missing, reception felt it was suitable to call us at 1:30am (having got to bed exhausted after a long trip).
    * We were made (and I do mean made - there was no negotiating) to move rooms at midnight one evening (I was alread in bed!) - This was because the water was to be turned off. I found out later that this apparently didn't happen after all.
    * I could go on and on about the serice, but I'm sure that you get the idea - I also hope that a lot of these problems were 'teething troubles'.

- The infinity pool didn't open until 8:00am (and in reality it was often later than that). This was a shame as I like a swim before breakfast.
    - Some of the 'workmanship' was not great. The light switches were sometimes a t a bit of an odd angle, our bathroom door handle kept falling off (they never bothered to mend it!) and the shower door wouldn't shut properly!

Directions: Towards Dubai Marina near the Grovesnor House

More about Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa

Great stay at Habtoor Grand Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Clarkb2

As my friends and I left the Habtoor Grand Resort we saw the 5* rating at the entrance. The property is nearly there at 4.5* in my opinion. We stayed four days in two closeby resort rooms overlooking the huge pool area. Attendants were plentiful and keen to assist. Several restaurant staff offered to take drinks and snacks orders for guests. Small problems in the rooms were quickly fixed by polite staff. Everywhere was spotless and housekeeping staff were seen tidying and polishing. The eating choices are extensive but a little pricey. Deals are available during happy hour for selected beverages in the Underground sports bar. The only shop is pool side for amenities and has a limited range. A local supermarket at Dubai Marina is a 10 min taxi ride (AED10) or a dusty 30 min walk. Most of the surrounding area is under construction with some noise and traffic. The clientele were from varied backgrounds including Europe, Russia and China. We all had outstanding experiences using the Elixir spa facilities at reasonable prices.. but you need to book a day ahead. The state of the art gym is well worth a visit and its open 24/7.

Our initial thought was that our rate was expensive but reviewing the stay we all agreed it was very good value for the location and facilities.

The property did well to make it on to my own favourite places to stay. It's a great place for a relaxing holiday with or without children. Enjoy!

Where to stay in Dubai :-)

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Well the following is a brief information about different sections of Dubai, it depends to your taste and budget and you can choose a wide range of hotels and furnished apartments.
Dubai is strategically located on a 10 kilometer creek which divides it into two parts; Deira on the north side and Bur Dubai to the south. Also to the south of the Creek are Jumeirah and Sheikh Zayed Road with desert hotels out toward Jebel Ali.

Deira

Dubai's old city and its commercial and business center, Deira is home to traditional gold and spice souks. Hotel choices include the Carlton Tower Hotel and Hilton Dubai Creek, both with magnificent views over the Creek. The Hyatt Regency Dubai is located on the Dubai Corniche while the JW Marriott Hotel is more in the city center. Mid-range choices include the Ramada Continental Hotel.

Bur Dubai

Located to the south of the Creek, this neighborhood is home to mid-market hotels including the Ascot Hotel, Capitol Hotel and Hotel Seaview.

Jumeirah Beach

Located to the west of the Creek, Jumeirah Beach boasts Dubai's world famous resorts and hotels, the Wild Wadi Water Park, Mall of the Emirates and Burj Al Arab. Next to Burj Al Arab is the luxurious Madinat Jumeirah resort set in meandering waterways. Jumeirah Beach Hotel enjoys extensive sport, dining, conference and children's facilities.

Dubai Marina

This up and coming development area has good business and tourist connections and is home to some exclusive hotels that include Grosvenor House, Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa and Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa.

Sheikh Zayed Road

This new business area of Dubai is growing and includes the World Trade Center and a superb choice of business style hotels including Dusit Dubai Hotel & Apartments and the exclusive Emirates Towers Hotel. For convenience, business travellers will also find the newly built Ibis World Trade Center hotel a convenient walk to the World Trade Center.

Visiting the Hotels especially the Burj Al Arab

by doreenellen

rVisiting some of the many hotels in Dubai was one of our favorite things to do, like the Bur Al Arab which is 7* and others like the Oasis Beach, Le Meriden, Habtoor Grand, The Ritz, Hilton Dubai, Sheratorn, Mima A Salam Jumeriah Beach, Sheraton, Carlton, Al Qusr etc..and days spent by the beach or pool Beaches, warm seas,the shopping malls, food, people and the sights, all a great experience.

Restaurants in general in Dubai :-)

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 about List of all of them :-)

Dubai has got all types of food from different countries amd you have a lot of choices. Here I leave you a list of different restaurants and the type of food they prepare, choose what you like but please call them before going there. Some may have changed their address and/or telephone number. Have a great yummy food and Bon apetite :-)

49er's

AL Riqa Restaurant
Location : The Metropolitan Hotel, Deira
Telephone : 2959171

habtoor just back

went to the habtoor grand for easter ;did not think it very grand. the room we had said views we had a wall very dark the bed was very very uncomfortable to and the food was expensive and not very good cold ;rooms ok but not 5 `***** we ask for other room but they said they had none so all we had to look at was the wall;nice;we stayed at the jumeriah beach hotel last time superb that is 6****** great rooms lovely views of the lovely beach;and of the burj al arab food great very good price wise to;dinner on 25th floor views of dubai great people very helpful and nice will def stay there next time

A resort surrounded by big construction sides with nice pool---

by TripAdvisor Member Bobby1802

The problem with many hotels in Dubai and that counts as well for the Habtoor is that it is not five star. It is between 3 and 4 in my eyes. Most of the reviews of Habtoor are correct. The shower often does not work properly. The rooms are o.k. and very clean. The cuisine tries to be European but is not and it would be properly better to either change the cook or change the dining concept. The shops are not existing and the friendlyness of the staff is okay, but there is room for improvement. The pool area is nice and well maintained. The beach area is surrounded by many construction towers and is nothing special. This area as such is not nice at all and it looks like it has been the case on the Spanish coastside during the 70´s. Spoiling the country and the seaside for gigantic planing seems to be the motto-big, bigger, the ugliest. The hotel is very far from the City Center and there is nothing around but construction sides. I would say, it is not worth the money you have to pay. I was there for business reasons. The hotel has many guests from Russia and Australia

I have been to Dubai many times now and every time I come back, it more looses its identity. Shopping Malls like everywhere else in the world, European prices, European dishes, American Restaurants Chains,,,,, and the newer part of Dubai has no flair at all. Next time, I will prefer a Hotel in the older part of Dubai.

What a disappointment !!

by TripAdvisor Member Davemaxwell

Our trip got off to a bad start. We booked a 3night stay at the Al Habtoor as a special birthday treat.
Arriving at Dubai airport at 1 in the morning we were met by a smiley happy person telling us the Hotel was overbooked ! and we were being transferred to their sister Hotel in the City ... Not impressed....
Just one night he said ! gleefully. Needless to say we were offered the mandatory upgrade and 10% off, but losing a morning by the sea is penal when you are on a short stay. The car to transfer us was late and we almost lost the whole of the next morning. Suitably apologetic the Hotel Room Manager upgraded us to a Suite. They were attentive, cant complain but felt they should have wiped out the first night room caost completely. However, we got the free birthday cake and one or two other little things, but our main impression of the resort and Dubai was poor

With an overcrowded main pool, poor signposting everywhere, lots of lack of attention to detail we could see no justification for the 7 star rating. In Spain it would have been a 3 star plus.The breakfast areas suffered from a lack of attention to the fine details. Cutlery missing, having to hail down waiters for tea or coffee, a 20 minute wait for poached eggs, then switching to bouiled eggs, no egg cups !!

And you dont want to spend your holiday surrounded by high rise construction everywhere.

I think Dubai Tourist or Government Agencies have lost the plot. There is no compensation for lack of culture, far too much soulless building, overcrowded highways, beaches that would compete poorly with the med , and sky high prices in the Hotels. The atmosphere is of a society which is shallow and driven by profit and greed, and the victims are tourists. Take away the sun and whats left ??

In summary this holiday reminded of my early holidays in Benodorm.

Dubai, and Al Habtoor in particular, wake up !! Or we wont be coming back

could do better

by TripAdvisor Member thurles2

we recently returned after 7 days at the habtoor it did not start off to well as the transport we had arranged thru hotel never showed up so we had to get a taxi from airport to hotel.we had booked a tower room which was terrific but i had to go to reception 0215 in morning to ask if workmen could stop hammering and drilling in the lobby area as we could not sleep it seems a lot of staff are not english speaking so some problems making myself understood we did not mind the construction going on around the hotel as u are on the beach it is all going on behind u service in the main was ok i would advise any one booking this hotel to go for the tower rooms as the garden rooms tho near the pool are much older so appear a bit shabby i was told by staff that some of these rooms were being remodeled also the hotel has been open a number of months so it may be it needs time to settle

Service not up to it

by TripAdvisor Member NatashaVV

As a previous reviewer states, the staff were surly and generally unhelpful. I will just catalog my experience and let you make up your own mind.

When we checked in we had a voucher and had paid in full to our agent Emirates Tours. However, for some reason our booking was not in the hotel computer. The staff, were not particularly helpful at resolving our plight and at times were quite dismissive.

We wanted to go to Arab Al Burj (the self proclaimed seven star hotel). I asked the concierge if he could book us a table. He said that he would try, when I went back to him an hour later he said that he had tried but that it was not possible. I then went up to my room picked up the phone and booked a table myself. He clearly hadn't even tried.

Our return flight was early in the morning so I paid our extras bill at 04.00am when we returned from our evening out. I was asked if I had used the minibar and replied that I had not used the minibar at all. I paid the bill by credit card and we went up to bed. At 4.30am a member of staff repeatedly knocked on our door to check the minibar even though I had just told him that I hadn't used it (they had my credit card anyway).

The gym is good, the food in the restaurants was very overpriced, the pool sunloungers are all gone by 9.30am and no, the service is not five star quality. Try the Royal Meridien next door!

The beach at the Habtoor Resort - 2006The beach at the Habtoor Resort - 2006

Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa hotel

by mohammad58

Dear friends,

I will arrive Dubai on Apr. 20th, international airport, terminal 2. My host company reserve a room for me in Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa hotel in Jumeira area. I want to know how much would be the price to take a taxi from airport to the hotel? Also, how long is the distance between habtoor and Le Meridien hotels? (by walk)

Thanks,
Mohammad

by chizz

Hi there
I am guessing the taxi would cost 50-60 dirhams from the airport to the Habtoor Grand as it is far, this is just an estimate. If you mean the Meridien Mina Seyahi Hotel - this is very close to the Habtoor - only 5-10 mins walk. If you mean Le Royal Meridien - it's just next door to the Habtoor. There's also a Meridien in Garhoud near the airport. I'm assuming you mean the first one I mentioned. Enjoy Dubai!

by colin_bramso

Habtoor Grand is actually in Dubai Marina and the airport taxi will cost around AED80 to 90 (there's a AED25 surcharge for airport taxis).
The two Meriden hotels on the beach are a few minutes walk from Habtoor.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Yeah, I think Colin estimate is more likely 80-90 AED and probably more. Hotel may have a free pic-up service is you have a confirmed reservation, just check on it.
Safe trip and good luck.

by smarty29

You dont need to take the Taxi. Just call the hotel reservation no +97143161700 and tell them your date and time of arriving and they will send there hotel car to pick you up. Normally every hotel has a Airport executive standing in the arrival area of the Airport you may contact them as well.

by mohammad58

Dear all,

Thanks for your comments and kind help. I have another question as well. How much is estimated as a tip that would be paid to hotel staffs? (as it varies country to country)

Regards,