Dubai Festival City, Dubai, 112225, United Arab Emirates
InterContinental Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Dubai

Posing on the beach, miles from Burj Al Arab!Posing on the beach, miles from Burj Al Arab!

Palm Jumiera DubaiPalm Jumiera Dubai

DubaiDubai

Seafood Paella at Seville's - DubaiSeafood Paella at Seville's - Dubai

Breakfast in Dubai

by yvr

Have the option of having breakfast included in hotel room rate or not. I know I can always wait and pay as I go for breafast. Would be interested in those that have had breakfast in hotels in Dubai and the quality, which I know can vary, and type of food served. Will probably be staying at the Novotel Central.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Personally I would go for a hotel which offers breakfast. To me breakfast is the most important meal of the day and the quality of food offered in 3 & 4^ hotels are very good. I would not get out of the hotel with empty stomach :-) Or at least have my breakfast by paying for it before getting out!!

by JessH

I agree with Amir:
go with breakfast, at least you know what you're getting and don't have to search around and deal with the (sometimes) very poor service in many of Dubai's restaurants... I couldn't deal with that first thing in the morning before my cup of coffee, haha!

by colin_bramso

Most hotels here have buffet breakfast with a variety of food from different cuisines.

BTW, there's no 'Novotel Central' - there are Novotels at Deira City Centre and at the Trade Centre.

by yvr

You right Colin, my error, the Novotel Central is in Abu Dhabi, where I will also be, the hotel in Dubai is the Ibis Al Rigga. Also thanks to all for their input, I appreciate it.

Travel Tips for Dubai

It was for business I went...

by Neat001

but pleasure for which I will return! I enjoyed my short time in Dubai. After wandering through the Spice Souq, Gold Souq and textile souqs I fell in love with the textiles most of all. I went to a textile shop called Royal Crown and hand drew a top I wanted and picked the material. They called the tailor, he came measured me and in less than 48 hours I had personally designed top (MY CREATION!!).
I also had a Indian style tunic and pants made out of some fabulous fabric I choose. All this for $200 CDN!!! Next time I go, I will make sure to have an empty suitcase!

Skyscrapers vs Dhow's Wharf

by Nemoa

Dubai is a city with lots of personality where the newest and the oldest and most traditional get along effortlessly !!

One of the best examples is the Dhows' Wharf on the Deira side of the Creek. Here Dhows coming from everywhere in Middle East load and unload all sorts of cargo. and when i say all sorts I mean it.
the contents of the parcels are quite often written on them and you can find from fridges to rice to flip flops !

Anything...

Top Price Selection

by solopes about Miraj Islamic Art Centre

If you have travelled to India or any Islamic country, you have the sensation of "déjà vu". Several products and techniques, with a common link: Expensive. Wonderful pieces, enormous pieces, exquisite pieces, it sure deserves a visit (no picture inside... obviously).

Buying? Well... it's your money! Inlaid stones
Metal works
Rugs
Cloths Dilemma:
Please your senses and hurt your wallet, or defend your money and buy... something, in the low rank.

THE SECOND COMING

by Siddha3th about BURJUMAN 2

Bigger. Bolder. Brasher. Burjuman 2 is the new, oh-so-fancy extension to Burjuman. If you're a shopping addict, you'd think you'd died and gone to heaven. There's a steel & glass architectural vibe to the place, with high ceilings making the mall appear much larger than it actually is. The boring thing about Burjuman 2 is that everything's too richie-rich... no cool thrift stores to break the monotony of all the major brands. Suffice to say, instead of being under the shopping tips, Burjuman 2 comes under the category of window-shopping tips! Harvey Nichols, Hugo Boss, Prada, Givenchy, Diesel, Donna Karan, Yves Saint Lauren - pick your vice.

Creek cossing by Abra

by najamrulz

There are three ways to cross the creek between Deira and Bur Dubai districts:

(1) By Abra
(2) Rashid Al Maktoum Bridge
(3) Al-Shandagha Tunnel

The cheapest of these is by Abra which is small boat very popular among locals to cross the creek. There is regular Abra traffic between Bur Dubai and Deira. At both sides they have Abra stations and you can enjoy the ride by paying just 50 Fils (appox one cent).

It was fun crossing the creek by Abra and I would strongly recommend you to try it.

Comments