3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Bur Dubai near Al Mankhool Street, PO Box 62344, Dubai, 7470, United Arab Emirates

Travelocity Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 25% less but rated 32% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Do not stay in this hotel!

Let’s start from the moment I walked in...the front desk staffs were unfriendly and at times, rude. They wanted to keep our passports and I declined as it is the only form of identity that you have in a foreign country. Then they started claiming that I would have to pay the whole week’s rent if I didn’t keep our passports with them, which was absurd because the terms & conditions that I received beforehand mentioned I could pay when checking out! So after I declined to do that as well, they took my credit card to put it “on hold” status but “accidentally” ended up charging the whole amount! I lost $20 there from my credit card as currency conversion and cancellation fees!
    Secondly, DO NOT use their airport shuttle service. As far as I remember, they charge you some AED 70; whereas if you take the taxi, it’s not more than AED 25.
    Thirdly, they also have very bad phone manners that I found out when I made a call from Canada to make sure my booking was confirmed once I made the booking through the site.
    Fourth, we booked an Executive Studio which had NOTHING executive about it. We had a kitchenette with very limited cutleries that weren’t enough even for 2 people and a dirty coffee maker that we were too grossed out to use. The restaurants/general stores were kind of far from this hotel BTW (~20 min walk).
    Fifth, it would sound surprising but they had a B&W TV in our room with very bad reception. Coming to think of it, most of the things in the room were broken. There was a dysfunctional safety deposit box, which I think was just for show. Few days down the road, our balcony door lock broke too.
    Sixth, you have to turn the water heater manually to get any warm water in the washroom. But the problem is, if you do so, the water gets extremely hot after just 2 minutes! There was just no way to get normal temperature water. Also the washroom was really mouldy around the tiles, tub and toilet.
    Finally, DO NOT use their wireless internet access. They charge you WAY too much and the speed is pathetic. You can just use the cyber cafes at a fraction of the price.
    Now, the good things. Location wise, this hotel is good as it has many attractions close-by, but so do rest of the hundreds of hotel in that area. And frankly, Dubai has excellent, inexpensive taxi service that makes everything in your reach! Also, the bellboy and the room service were really nice.

• Strongly discourage anyone to stay in this hotel!

Do not stay in this hotel...they scam their guests into paying more than what you agree to pay from this site! While I was checking-out, they charged me $150 extra for phone bills. I was stunned as it clearly stated on their terms that they have free phone calls. Not only that, I even confirmed this with the front desk when I checked-in. However, much to my surprise, they told me that it was free only for landlines and not for cellphones (which they never cleared to me in the beginning). I was outrageous and told them it couldn’t be that much for calls as I only knew 1 person in Dubai, whom I talked to a max. of 1 hr in total. Then they came up with some international calls, which they claimed I made to South Africa...when I don’t even know a single soul there! After much argument, I found out that those South African calls were made by the guests staying there before me! Anyway, I was so outrageous that I said I would call the police if need be. To that, they replied..“sure, we will call the police for you.” The guy than picked up his phone and faked a call to the police (I later realized it was fake because he talked in Hindi on the phone since he was Indian, whereas the Dubai police would definitely speak Arabic). However, while I was waiting for the police to arrive, they got worried because if I call the police back and it is found out that they scammed tourists, they could get charged with criminal offences. So they kept asking me when my flight was, which I rejected to answer. And when I asked them when the police would arrive, they replied that police could even take the whole day to arrive! But I guess I was more worried by my flight which was within an hour. So I just paid $50 extra (they took back the ghostly South African bills). So had I not argued with them, I would still have to pay $150. And not only that, their call rate was 10 times higher than the “Du” Visitor Mobile Line, which we used all the time (that explains $50 bill for 1 hr.)

Comments