Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 13 reviews

Tags

Beaches Family Travel Spa and Resort
TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Luxurious yet relaxed and family friendly

by written on March 15, 2013

My stay at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel Resort (JBH) was a spur of the moment decision while I was in Switzerland and had an unexpected invite to an exclusive travel exposition in Dubai for three nights and four days. Because I was a "guest" to this event, the JBH) offered me a discount rate of 50% off for a suite off the regular rate of USD $1,200 per night!

Yikes! I had never paid that much for a room but I was not about to miss out on a Dubai adventure.

The JBH was much more than I expected with reserved elegance and definitely a real 5 star deluxe resort in location, ambiance, amenities, service, food, and accomodations. This is one hotel where you could be happy and never leave the property...but then again you are in Dubai!

I noted that the JBH bills itself as a family resort and there were children and teenagers the week I was there and that surprised me based on the rack rates.

JBH promises extravagance every day they deliver it.

The JBH has 598 rooms and suites as well as 19 private beachside villas

Each room has approximately 50 sq meters and:
All have views of the Gulf and Burj Al Arab
Wireless Internet access, private fax, printer and copier
Hairdryer, safe and mini bar

There are:
Five swimming pools
Six floodlit tennis courts
One multi-purpose floodlit court
The Pavilion Marina & Sports Club
Water sports and PADI diving centre
A HUGE and wide private beach
Artificialt coral reef 2 kilometers off-shore
•Wild Wadi Waterpark passes

JBH even has a rooftop bar that overlooks the Gulf and the Burj al Arab.

All in all, this resort ranks in my Top 10 of all time around the world.

Highly recommended.

•Swimming
•Seawings
•Climbing Wall
•Premium Boat Charter

Directions: On the beachfront near Wild Wadi Waterpark and the iconic Burj al Arab

Family holiday paradise. Memories for life!

by written on May 19, 2011

Make good memories! Life is short and holidays are too short & precious to go elsewhere!

We originally went to this hotel as a couple, on a friend's recommendation back on Oct 2002, before these review sites and the web.

That holiday was excellent and made wonderful memories. So when we had children and wanted to go on holiday as an extended family with 2 grandparents. We decided to return, which is something we have never done before. We were confident that it would be just as excellent and make wonderful family memories.

This holiday was great. We upgraded from the 2002 accommodation of a balcony room with premium leisure, to two junior suites. This gave us plenty of space room for the children’s beds in our suite. With a wonderful view over the Burj AL Arab and the Wild Wadi. The Grandparents, at the other end of the Hotel, had a view over Dubai city and a balcony almost as large as their room.

The staff were attentive when you wanted them to be and always very polite. The colonnade was undergoing a refurbishment at the time of stay, however this did not cause any issue at all.

The facilities such as restaurants, beeches & pools had changed over time. They had been improved and kept up-to-date. Noting appeared tired in contrast to the stay 4 years previously.

The exec pool was a new addition and was a calm and pleasurable place to be. With it small children’s pool and watchful life guards it was perfect. The Wild Wadi took on a new dimension as a family and whilst thrills were appreciated the safety and calmness of the large wave pool and children’s play area was great.

The only negative was a room issue. Due our early arrival the suites were not initially ready. However we had breakfast and a swim, by which time the first suite was ready. Unfortunately the staff put the party of 4 in the smaller of the two rooms. This wasn’t practical and with the suite being one of the smallest they had, it gave us a negative feeling. I spoke nicely and politely with the staff member who put me in contact with the deputy and hotel manager. Again I spoke nicely and politely and explained the situation. They took note and listened and arranged for a different suite and for us to be moved without any fuss or negativity. They did their best then to turn the negative into a positive and noted that as a party of 6 the choice of accommodation and location was a challenge and arranged for me to view their other types of rooms, suites and the Beit Al Bahar.

At the end of the stay at JBH we had three nights at the Burj Al Arab. That’s for a different review. The point being that as a family we would recommend the Jumeirah Beach Hotel even against the Burj. It’s not just words. We are going back May 28th 2011 to the Beit al Bahar. The effort the staff made in dealing with our complaint and the viewing of the Beit Al Bahar helped us make the choice.

It’s the best!

Unique Quality: The staff and facilities make this hotel!

For a family holiday it’s the best we have had and that’s why we are going back!

The pools and Wild Wadi are great with so many life guards to help you look after your children and relax.

The view of the Burj and the hotel are great.

The beach sand and calm waters are wonderful. You notice the pool is cooled when you go in the sea!

Restaurants and food are of all levels and tastes so there is something for everyone.

There are many different types\levels of accommodation. All are great! Each budget can enjoy the luxury. Per above we have tried and viewed a few and will report on the Beit Al Bahar on our return in June 2011.

Penelope4's Profile Photo

Nice stroll at the beach and view of Burj Al Arab

by written on July 3, 2010

My most favourite part of my 3-day stay is the housekeeping. I went out twice in the day to go to the mall or spa and it was really nice that the room was always clean when I returned, particularly before having dinner. There are two small boxes of the finest chocolates on my pillow and the sheets are arranged that guarantees a cozy evening.

Amenities in the bathroom include a mouthwash and sunblock. The fresh orchid gives a nice touch to the spacious bathroom. I did not have time to eat in the restaurants but I had room service which was quite nice and punctual. Try their lobster and Russian soup. I fancied having breakfast in my balcony but it was sooo humid, I had to settle for breakfast inside the room.

The spa was quite okay. As the hotel provides shuttle to the Malls, I had an excuse not to sunbathe (was quite hot), but to go shopping and just relax in the bathtub.

The receptionist was quite hospitable. The one thing that irritated me is the Guard who pointed me the wrong way when I wanted to go to the spa.

Unique Quality: Nice view of the ocean and Burj Al Arab.

Directions: Across the Burj Al Arab - about 7-minute drive from the Mall of the Emirates.

Good facilities but NOT a great hotel!!!!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 1, 2008

8 nights at the end of August to celebrate wedding anniversary. Arrived in the morning but had to wait nearly 4 hours for room even though we requested early check in. Not ideal at the best of times and certainly not when you have a baby as well.

They didn't do anything for our anniversary even though we mentioned it several times on the first day or two. Gave up after that. Room was generous size with good bathroom....nice large shower as well. No complaints at all about the view.......fantastic!!! Breakfast was good with ample selection of foods for all tastes.....staff were attentive and helpful. Had dinner one night at the hotel.......reasonable food but hugely over inflated prices. Ate out rest of the time...better food and better prices.

One particular day had to ask 3 times for ice to be sent to the room and it wasn't serviced until 4pm even though we left at 9am requesting for it to be done.

Baby son loved the pool and Wild Wadi so spent much of the days at one or the other. In all honesty I loved that as well!! Good shuttle bus to Mall of Emirates and Gold & Diamond Park although the last return bus was at 10pm. Taxis were plentiful though and inexpensive if we wanted to stay later.

Still awaiting a refund for mini bar items that we were charged for but did not use (over a month ago now).

Overall, general staff were very helpful and attentive, front reception a bit shambolic, wonderful views from good sized rooms, overpriced and not the best quality food, great pools and facilities.........at best 4 star in my opinion. Definitely NOT better than the Rasa Sayang Resort in Penang where we went for honeymoon.

Unique Quality: Fantastic pools, water park and views. General staff very polite and attentive. Front desk, room service a bit hit and miss.

chizz's Profile Photo

Great hotel!

by written on March 27, 2008

Stayed here for 5 nights on a room only basis. Great rooms - had one with balcony with views of the Burj Al Arab. Good restaurants, great gym and pools. Staff are great - nothing is too much trouble and they remember your name!

Unique Quality: Great gym, pools, service and nice rooms.

jamie_uk's Profile Photo

Old Favourite

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 30, 2007

Paid 200 GBP per night, this was a reduced rate apparently !

Checked in at 09:30, room was ready at 10:30. Room was quite large, excellent view, very comfy bed, all mod cons, huge bathroom with slightly grotty tiling. Decor was 'Arab bling', not very stylish but luxurious. Everything was spotless apart from the tiling.

Staff were always helpful and friendly.

The pool area was the best feature of the hotel - great for kids and adults alike.
Lots of water sports facilities too, and of course free entry to water park next door.

Restaurants were many and varied, nothing spectacular but all pleasant, we liked Beachcombers buffet best. Villa was nice (actually on the beach) but too expensive, and our meal was marred by some very drunk Chinese businessmen on the next table - one of them was sick on the beach next to us !

Bars - 360 was great, the Apartment was empty, 25th floor bar was very nice, especially the outside area at night.

This is a family hotel, mostly families from Europe and Russia, dont come here if you dont like kids. If you want something more stylish, try Al Qasr next door - I would try that next time myself.

Unique Quality: This is the classic hotel that everyone thinks of when you mention Dubai, its been here quite a long time compared to many of the others.

Pool area and beach is the main attraction.
360 and Apartment are good for nightlife, no stunning restaurants but all quite nice.

shaz1202's Profile Photo

dubai

by written on June 26, 2007

stayed there 6 times in the last 4 years ,service top 10/10

Unique Quality: three pools plus kids pool
private beach looking toward the burj (hotel in the water )
water park next door kids love it

Faulty Management at every level

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 22, 2007

Having spent 10 days at JBH over Easter I can only warn off hopefuls lured in by reviewers surely staying at other hotels?

Like other reviewers we were treated to the full Basil Faulty routine at check-in, but unlike other guests we can find little to commend the place. Basically the hotel is run on the hoof; nothing is planned (no matter how much time/warning you give the management). Things happen only when you stand there and keep insisting it happens. The staff are nice enough, but basically they’re on their own; they’ve no support and a thousand-plus guests to provide for.

I’m not sure who rated this place 5*, but it certainly wasn’t the same organization(s) who rate European and North American hotels. Compared to a European hotel it’s 3* at best (although the prices are definitely up there at the owners ratings). The furnishing is cheap and tired (white plastic sun beds, MDF, and cracked tiles everywhere), you pay for everything in advance (like a motel!), and some of your fellow ‘guests’ (victims) make the décor seem tasteful.

Dubai, ably assisted by the Jumeirah group of hotels along this (beautiful) beach, is the current Costa Del Sol; if you liked Spain in the 70s (and other ‘Holiday Factories’), you’ll love this place.

Unique Quality: Uselss management, poor quality surroundings, and coach loads of package operators

PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

My favourite

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 11, 2006

I was lucky enough to visit this property as part of a travel agent educational trip. So I saw the rooms and facilities, but didn't stay here.

Unique Quality: All rooms have a sea view, and you get a great view of the Burj Al Arab.

This hotel has a nice atmosphere, the food at the beach restaurant was excellant.

The Argentinian restaurant (which is the highest of all their restaurants) is wonderful and has a spectacular view of the Burj Al Arab.

You can have cocktails on the 25th floor on the outside terrace.

adambyrne's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in the World!

by written on November 18, 2004

WOW! AMAZING! There just are'nt enough superlatives to describe this place. You must stay here if you get a chance and upgrade to an executive leisure room. Its definately worth it. i have never been so well looked after. The staff here are just fantastic, curteous, friendly and extremely helpful. These guys know what service really is. If you ever wanted to enjoy the high life this is it. imagine being ferried to your executive beach by golf buggy every morning, being cooled down with evian water spray and cool face towels hourly, fruit kebabs and much more its all there.

Unique Quality: Stunning views.
Excellent restaurants - Colanade is a fantastic itallian - beach club is amazing for "snacks"-
Pools are great especially with the swim up bar.
Executive lounge is fantastic, free drinks between 7pm and 8pm free soft drinks all day, canapes and afternoon tea all free,
Wonderful staff
Beautiful luxurious rooms
SUPER STAFF.

DaveBillingham's Profile Photo

A World of Hospitality

by written on August 11, 2004

This has to be one of the best hotels anywhere, we decided that due to what we imagined would have been oppresive heat that we would get a balcony room, which was a bonus. It was nice to be able to sit outside on the balcony in the late evening and just relax. The hotel itself was opened in 1997 and is a self contained world of luxury. With restaurants boasting a gastronomic journey from Argentina through the US, Europe, the Middle East and beyond it certainly must employ some of the worlds best chefs. The best tip I can give anyone is just to take in as much of what the hotel has to offer as you can. We are sure to return.

Unique Quality: The hotel boasts on its grounds the Wild Wadi water park, I am not one the greatest water fans following an incident when I was younger but this place is absolutley fantastic - I didn't want to leave once we had eventually made it there. Other facilities include tennis courts, a gym, childrens club, marina area, confernce centre amongst others. In fact there isn't much it doesn't have.

reeley's Profile Photo

Dubai's luxury by the gulf

by written on May 18, 2004

The service is very high quality with a genuinely high 5 star quality. The food whether in the English Pub, the Lobby bar or any of the other speciality outlets is magnificent, as is testified by the many non hotel guests dining in the hotel each day.

The large pool is a cooling oasis in this hot resort, but dwarfed by the adjacent Wild Wadi Water park - free to guests.

Unique Quality: Superb views, especially of sister hotel the Burj Al Arab, brilliant location only a few dollars by taxi to the souks and malls in Dubai city. The local Hard Rock cafe is only 5 minutes by taxi.

The views from the rsetaurant on the top floor are stunning, an excellant way to start your day as you gaze over the gulf, reading the morning paper with your superbly prepared breakfast.

Directions: Jumeirah Beach

Erkmen's Profile Photo

Best resort in Dubai

by written on May 8, 2003

Burj Al Arab hotel and Jumeriah beach hotel are the very well known hotels in Dubai. However for me the best resort in Dubai was the Jumeriah beach club.

The resort is situated at the famous jumeriah beach. With all those palm trees and wonderfull flowers, it is hard to believe you are in a desert.

Unique Quality: The resort has 50 very special rooms. The rooms are quiet deluxe.. There are two swimming pools, one used for kids. But the kids pool with the water game is much more attractive.

Directions: Jumeriah Beach

38 Photos of Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Dubai Travel Forum

Need advice about Dubai, United Arab Emirates? Visit the Travel Forum for Dubai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dubai hotel reviews

Burj Al Arab (Jumeirah Beach Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 15 Reviews
Atlantis The Palm
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Emirates Towers Hotel (Sheikh Zayed Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Al Khaleej Hotel (Deira Dubai.)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review