The Crescent West, Dubai, 213208, United Arab Emirates

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 69% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Not impressed

It was supposed to be a special occasion for three of us, my parents and myself. It's their first time in Dubai and of course, you want to make it memorable. I have booked Brunello restaurant for dinner. At the time I should have paid an attention to communication issue when a month prior our trip I had to send four repeat emails befoure my table was confirmed. Nevertheless I decided I would still take my parents to Kempinski for dinner. First good points, superb Italian food. Fantastic chef/s and and wonderfully attentive service. You wouldn't think that something could have gone so terribly wrong after or during the evening. Yet it did. The place is 70% owned by Russians. Looking dressed up as we were we found ourselves terribly disappointed by the 'residents' of the residences with total lack of respect to the residences and restaurant guests.. A next table Russian family of four including two small children were dressed as if they just came back from the beach, talking loud and letting their kids run around the restaurant thus ruining a nice peaceful evening in every aspect. Russians who own the place know nothing when it comes to behaviors and manners as well as being able to present themselves accordingly to the place. Terrible. Restaurant was quite empty.. So was the bar. After the meal we followed out host to the bar only to be greeted by the musician wi a sarcastic 'Russian? What a surprise?' yes, we are Russian family, yet I am ashamed of these rich uneducated stuck up Russians. They spoil my evening, and my parents evening too. I was born in Russia, yet I find it disturbing to be surrounded by uneducated Russians and as a matter of fact, I try to avoid it. I don't need any sarcastic remarks re my origin nor do I want any generalizing on that all Russians are the same. I am afraid this is the feeling I have received in the place. To end my night, their paying machine was not working and did not want to accept my debit card. I refused to pay wi my credit card and had to travel to the nearest cashpoint where my debit card worked properly. On this note I would like to thank restaurant managed for driving three of us to the cashpoint and dropping us off back at our apartment. Would I go back? I am afraid, no. Not until Kempinski will make it clear that there are outside guests at the restaurant who come elegantly dressed, respectfully of the place and they don't want to see all these sandals and shorts attitude in the restaurant. You pay premium, then depend it of your hotel guests. Don't let anyone I and sit at the beautiful bar in cheap shorts with cheap sandals in a cheap attire. No wonder the place is empty.

Comments