Dubai Hotels

Our Members Say

• nyperose profile photo nyperose
  • Reviews: 114

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Close to the metro station Jumeirah Lake Towers: Marina Byblos Hotel, Dubai on a budget

If you want to spend your money on other things than accommodation while you are in Dubai, then this hotel is a pretty good choice. It is situated in the Dubai Marina district, is modern and clean and there is only a 5-minutes walk to the metro station Jumeirah Lake Towers. The Dubai Marina district is nice with plenty of restaurants and a lot of atmosphere if you want to walk around in the evening.

The Marina shopping mall is a 10-minutes walk away.

This hotel does not have a direct access to the beach, but the public beach (Jumeirah beach) is a 15-minutes walk away. There is nothing to pay for using the beach, and everything is clean and well-kept, but don't expect to find any showers, so if you want to get the sand off your feet, there are only some public fountains which can be used.

There is a pool on the roof, but I found it rather small, and because of the hot air, the swimming pool was more like a heated jacuzzi than a place to swim. There is also a pretty well equipped fitness room.

The food was good, we had half-board, breakfast and supper, and there was pretty much to choose from, both local and Western food.

Taxis, which are pretty inexpensive in Dubai, were always waiting for customers in front of the hotel. It takes around 30 minutes to drive to the airport.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written December 28, 2012
Tip Photo

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1933

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Evin Hotel.: Very nice little family hotel.

I stayed 4 nights at the Evin Hotel in Dubai and was very satisfied.
The hotel is a small family orientated hotel right next to Banyias Square with small but very functional rooms.
I really enjoyed the firnedlyness and polite attitude from the staff and also liked to be the only westerner in what i could see was an arab family hotel.
The place was nice and quiet and the bathroom in my room was good just like my bed.
The air con worked perfect too.
If you stay there then be ware that this is a hotel where alcohol is not allowed.
This was no problem for me, but it might be for others.
But if you are looking for a good, quiet nights sleep in Dubai for little money then this is a good choice.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Family Travel
  • Written June 19, 2012

Evin Hotel in Dubai.

• steveHo profile photo steveHo
  • Reviews: 1

Al Bustan Rotana Hotel (Al Bustan Road.): Quality of service

I just booked this hotel During my stay in IRAN from www.zoraq.com which is a local OTA. The service of website was perfect but I strongly, (based on virtual tourist comment) wanted to book this hotel. I can tell that the rate is not suitable for this hotel.

Area and position

• Written December 20, 2011

• pmahuas profile photo pmahuas
  • Reviews: 15

Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites: A very good hotel

A very nice and modern hotel in the new part of the city. Good accomodation and friendly staff. Outside pool, small gym and spa. With shuttles to beaches and shopping mall. Ideally located closed to the Marina with plenty of al fresco dining and relax walks. The large appartment make it idealfor families or small groups of friends travelling.

Great location, close to marina and restaurants, shuttle service, size of appartments

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written March 26, 2011

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Mina A'Salam: Penelope's most favourite hotel in Dubai

Perfect room, perfect view, great location, professional staff, lovely food and perfect lobby!

I loved my stay here and am looking forward to staying there in my next visit to Dubai!

The lobby smells wonderful! The sight of the abundant rose petals is very impressive. The ceiling at the lobby is interesting. Wait until you check-in and the staff shows you your room and see the other places in the hotel, you'd start thinking of extending your stay.

I had buffet lunch and enjoyed the food and wine so much! I am not a big eater so it is important for me that I like what I eat.

The balcony gave me a nice view of the Burj and the sea.

Security personnel around the place so I felt very safe and well.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written September 4, 2010

• IreneMcKay profile photo IreneMcKay
  • Reviews: 2142

Premier Inn Airport Hotel: A peaceful and relaxing stay

You can see the Premier Inn Hotel as soon as you exit the airport, but you cannot walk to it as it is on the other side of a motorway. To get there you can use the hotels complementary 24 hours a day shuttle - which is a white and purple minivan.

We arrived at terminal Three, exited the airport building and crossed the road to a waiting area marked buses only. Hotel shuttles picked up and dropped off here. The shuttle ran at half hourly intervals, leaving the hotel on the hour and at half past the hour and picking up at approximately quarter past and quarter to.

The reception staff were pleasant. We paid extra to get an early check in to recover from the flight and to get rid of our luggage.

Our room was the same as Premier Inn's everywhere. It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had an in room safe, tea/coffee making facilities, a fridge and two complementary water bottles.

The hotel had a pool on its roof which during our stay we had largely to ourselves. There was a good view from the roof both by day and night. The pool was open from 7am to 10pm, which was pretty good.

The hotel had a costa coffee shop in the foyer. There was also a restaurant and a bar.

As well as the 24 hour airport shuttle there was a free shuttle to Al Mamzar Beach. This went just once a day at 9am and returned around 5pm. We did not use it this time.

There was also a shuttle to Dubai Festval City Shopping Centre several times a day. We did not use this either.

The only downside of the hotel is it is far from everything except the airport. However, by taking the free shuttle to the airport you can get straight on the metro and being far from everything does mean it is nice and quiet.

On a more recent stay this hotel had started doing a free shuttle once a day to jumeriah beach and the Atlantis Palm monorail. we did not have time to use it, sadly.

• Written July 20, 2010

View from hotel roof

• jessicapugh profile photo jessicapugh
  • Reviews: 1

Oasis Beach Hotel (Dubai.): best hotel ever

well i stayed there befor it got dimolished :(
but its the best hotel i have ever been to. people were very nice there
and they helped you with al you problems, eg , my son had a rash on holliday
there and the oasis beach got there docter in for him just to have a look. my first point is my family and i love theis hotel and i would tell every one to go there.

the pool is grand and it has a kids pool toooooo ;0 X

• Written May 11, 2010

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Embassy Suites Hotel Apartments: Budget hotel for families

In 2005 and 2006, I used to stay at Embassy Suites specially in winter. You see, our flights are always cancelled so we looked for a place which won't cost us much. I do not like spending much on hotels if I know that I will be out most of the time. I discovered this hotel because my colleagues like to save money too. Staff are friendly. The place has not been well maintained but if you're after great space and saving money, this place is for you. You'll enjoy moving from one room to the other. Check-in and check-out is fast and their staff will help carry your luggage and get a taxi. They will even wash your dishes if you cook. This is great for families.

The room for one person is very spacious. It has its own kitchen (with utensils and oven, coffee maker), lounge, room, bathroom, TV room. In many instances, they've given me an apartment with two bedrooms and it was a great treat. I liked walking on barefoot from one room to the other. Verrry spacious.

• Written January 29, 2010

Grand Midwest Ibn Battuta: You'll Have To Get To Know Them First

Of the all the accommodations i tried in Dubai, Grand Midwest in Ibn Battuta is where I stayed the longest--not very much because of service or the facilities, but i wanted to try an average-priced hotel in a spacious area, since iv tried ones that are near Mall of the Emirates, a very popular mall.

This is nestled in a quiet area (Discovery Gardens). The only facility other than w resto inside the hotel is a small but pretty-well equipped gym. I am alone most of the time there. I hate gyms but I hate having nothing to do more.

Contrary to popular belief/claim, the Ibn Battuta Mall is not near--unless you take the cab or bus. In fairness to the hotel, there is a bus stop right in front of it and cabs are quick to come by. And because we car-hired, it wasn't much of a problem for us to get around. Should you decide to walk to get to places, like the nearest mall or nearest Metro station, make sure you are really fond of walking, and do it at night. I have experienced the sun being most unforgiving on that part of Dubai.

Rooms have kitchenettes (no separation from the bedrm) which are equipped enough if there's just the 2 of you. No pool, no sauna, no souvenir store. Staff is friendly.

Perhaps due to my longer stay there than most travelers, the people made me feel like we're all friends now. They even asked me to help correctly decorate the Christmas tree at the lobby, which of course I was happy to do.

A pretty complete grocery store with some fresh produce is just beside the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Family Travel, Business Travel

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ibis (on Sheik Zayed Rd): Chic & Cosmopolitan...B U T...

Chic & modern, but perhaps I should stop there. Because truly, it stops there.
What it gives in looks, it lacks in room size, amenities & service--big time. Its website says:

"Ibis takes care of your hunger." I asked for a cup of hot water so i can just take medicine. Both reception & room service said I hav to order (take note of "order") from their resto.

"24/7 reception & services" I asked for a quick cleanup at an early everning (about 7pm), just the time that we got back from a day's going-around, they said "Sorry...too late already." This is on top of the fact that they said the hotel doesn't help carry guests' luggage, which really shocked me.

"Quality Commitment" --Perhaps on how the hotel keeps a cosmo look. I am very easy to please as a hotel guest, but this one will make you feel that YOU OWE THEM for getting picked as your hotel of choice. You dont have to feel THAT bad, do you?

This is the first ever hotel in my entire life that wouldn't help me carry my things at least to its lobby, even if they do have uniformed men at the entrance. I asked the reception for help, but told me to just pull the cart to pick up my stuff off the street. If I didn't hav my boyfriend with me to look after all my bags, I wouldn't know what to do.

It is also my first encounter of a hotel that are so ready to say no to whatever you have to ask--like to pls cleanup, or provide extra towel, or a just a teaspoon.

I never saw anybody in the reception smile--perhaps, tired from people complaining, which I saw a couple of times.

• Related to: Architecture, Food and Dining, Singles

Najd Hotel Apartment: Best In Service & Room Layout

Though very close to Mall of the Emirates, its location is arid & will give you a feeling to not expect much anymore. The lobby isn't at all grand; and the elevator, anything more than 1couple + 1bellboy + 4 mid-sized luggage is already difficult to fit in.

BUT when you enter your room, Happiness! with a capital "H." Najd certainly understands the importance of comfort & need to divide the bedrm from the living rm, and then from the kitchen. Each area is generous in amenities, thus serves its function well. The bedrm has its own bathrm. The living rm has its own toilet. And both are provided with soap, tissue, and fresh, soft, thick towels. They'd even clean up at the guest's whim. But pls dont abuse this. I needed to be at Mall of the Emirates fast. Without batting an eyelash, the hotel provided me with a service for free. It even brought me right at the doorstep of my next hotel, which is pretty far from Najd. Service is quick & sincere.

The most important things for a globetrotter--comfortable, clean, & well-appointed room; location; flawless service. It does have a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, & gym--all fo which i didnt have the time to try :-(

Also very near the Metro Station, which brings connects you to the inside of the airport.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel

You'll love their bed

• henri123 profile photo henri123
  • Reviews: 304

DUBAI YOUTH HOSTEL: DUBAI CHEAPEST ACCOMODATION

LOCATION WILL BE PERFECT AS SOON AS THE AERIAL METRO WILL BE COMPLETED.
NICE SWIMMING POOL.
CLOSEBY TWO VERY INTERSTING SHOPING CENTER, LULU FOR FOOD AND ONE FOR LOCALS

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Architecture
  • Written June 18, 2009
Tip Photo

• toddecus profile photo toddecus
  • Reviews: 75

Can't remember: Inside hotel in Dubai

We stayed and taught our week long technical course in this hotel. The place was clean and the staff attentive.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 29, 2008

• BurgerQueen profile photo BurgerQueen
  • Reviews: 328

Metropolitan Beach Hotel: Wonderful Beach

We stayed at the Metropolitan Beach for 4 days, and I must say it's a really nice hotel. It was our first time in a luxury hotel, and we were really impressed. The Staff is nice and friendly, the food is good, the beach and the swimming pool are simply wonderful! There's a nice bar on the beach where we had dinner at sunset, and nicely decorated gardens.
My opinion is definitely positive, despite the noise caused by the ongoing works in the backgroung.
Also, the hotel is quite far from the city centre (it's in the Burj Al Arab area) and in the middle of the works for the construction of the Palms and the new area of Dubai.
They have a free bus shuttle to/from the centre twice a day, but if you want to go out at night, you'll need a cab.

• Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort
  • Written August 11, 2008

The Hotel beach

• Tony2008 profile photo Tony2008
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oasis Beach Hotel: Worse 4 star Hotel in Dubai

I stayed there recently in May 2008 and I can say that this hotel has changed to become the worse hotel in Dubai or in Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Area. The staff at the reception are untrained. first of all we were given a stinky room, that smells so bad that even the cleaner couldn't stay inside without a mask, and when we complained they didn't want to give us another room, without charging us extra.
The staff in this hotel are not trained, they have been hired from poor countries in Asia and put there without any proper training or hotel management education. next day my brother and his wife came to visit us in the hotel and they didn't allow them to come up to my room to sit on the balcony and accused my brother's wife of being a prostitute. it's disgusting how can some one behave in this way. the hotel is unfortunately full of hockers and prostitutes and it's not good for families or couples. the food is terrible and the rooms stink. I would not give this hotel not even a star as it should be closed down by the authorities.

it has just become a terrible hotel. I stayed there in 2006 and 2007 but now all this has changed. be aware and don't make my mistake to go this terrible hotel.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive