Sheikh Zayed Road, PO Box 26666, Dubai, 26666, United Arab Emirates

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• MyDesire's Profile Photo

The Deluxe Hotel

My stay in Metro was splendid.the staffs were so friendly and dedicated to their assigned duty,there's an internet services,cable TV with about 43 Channels,mini bar depending on ur choice of room,the rooms are spacious with double or twin-bedded rooms.they also have a complimentry shuttle service to mall of the Emirates and Dubai int'l airport but what i didn't like about the shuttle was the time wasted and it is on fixed schedule.another good thing is the late check out time.infact,the hotel is worth the money. moreso,i really recommend this Hotel to people who are on luxury travel or budget travel but if you can afford it for any type of travel it is very very okey 'cos' prices differs as rooms differs.

Unique Quality: View of the garden situated in a serene eniviroment and warmth atmosphere.

Directions: The commercial District of Dubai along Sheikh Zayed road.very close to the world trade centre exhibition hall.

More about Metropolitan Hotel Dubai

Top Indian food featuring Mughlai cooking

by colin_bramso about Shahjahan

One of the excellent selection of restaurants in the Dubai Metropolitan Hotel, offering authentic Indian dishes with an emphasis on Royal Mughlai cooking.

Everything about it is authentic - decor, chefs, staff, food - and top quality. My complaint about many restaurants is that the tables are too small, but not here. They're large enough to take the various dishes you order and still give you room to eat in comfort.

Alcohol is available as this is a 5-star hotel. I like rogan josh, which is a traditional mughal lamb curry, chicken biryani, chicken cooked together with rice, gosht vindaloo, which is a very spicy lamb & potato curry.

If you're from the UK, be prepared for something different with the chicken tikka masala. It's nothing like the UK's most popular dish, this is the genuine article.

With Indian food I like to drink salted lassi, yoghurt churned with salt & cumin. The version served here is thicker than most.

Do not go half board!

by TripAdvisor Member jetset78

This was my first trip to Dubai and although it was a lovely city this hotel was a huge disappointment.

Although we paid half board, the hotel firstly refused to accept this and then they agreed but said we could only eat at one restaurant (which was more like a cafe). After kicking up a fuss, the hotel agreed we could eat at any of the restaurants and have our half board allowance set off our bill.

The Indian, Italian & fish thai restaurants were quite pleasant, but we had an awful chinese.

Also, be aware, some nights we had flyers for 25% our food bill if we dined at certained restaurants, make sure the waiter staples the flyer to your bill (more later)

The rooms are adequate at best. There was no coffee making utilities and the mini bar was empty. The furniture was also dated but it was clean.

Alcohol is pretty expensive about £4.20 a pint.

The english pub on the resort is quite nice but the Rattlesnake bar, which plays some good lively music is spoiled because its full of hookers who wont leave you alone.

Upon checking out I asked for the final bill and I found they had not taken off our half board allowance and then they hadnt applied the correct discounts for the meals we had. I eventually had four different final bills until they finally got it right.

The manager there, a Mr Arun, was quite frankly, one of the most unhelpful people I have ever met. He didnt really care that we were unhappy or that they had tried to overcharge us numerous times. It total they tried to overcharge us by about £250.

All in all it was a rather disappointing experience at this hotel and if you avoid coming here do it. I certainly won't be going back.

Just 'Okay' - avoid hotel restaurant!

by TripAdvisor Member Imjatanaja

Having decided on an overnight stop in Dubai en route to NZ our travel agent could only find 2 hotels in our price range - one in beach area - one in 'town' area - she recommended this hotel due to massive amount of building work going on in beach area.
Same as others, we arrived here from flight landing 0700 and were desperate for a rest - but again this early check in was only available if we were willing to pay extra (we weren't)
We made our way outside and found a couple of benches in the hotel garden where we slept for a few hours before making our way back to the reception about 1300 - an hour before check in time. We made a bit of a nuisance of ourselves, hanging around, picking things up - looking scruffy - so in the end, to get rid of us, our room was suddenly made available.
It was ok - large twin beds - sofa - bathroom a bit tatty - disppointed that a hotel of this type did not have tea/coffee making facilites.
Dubai itself is just a massive building site with no appeal whatsoever. 5 lane motorways take you to huge shopping malls - the pollution is shocking.
On the evening we decided to try one of the hotels many restaurants. Don Corleone, the italian resturant was outside and the setting certainly looked the part - red checked tablecloths etc.
The food in retrospect tasted ' odd' and the wine was grim - real rough stuff. We felt that the £50 ish for 2 mainly inedible meals, a pint and a half carafe of red was steep, to say the least.
As a previous reviewer has mentioned, the main entertainment for us was watching the hookers from the nearby bar, meet up with their clients...
Check out next morning was smooth and we were glad to leave - my companion already feeling the effects of our previous nights meal - for me it was to kick in a couple of hours later....

Treated fantasticaly

by TripAdvisor Member Johnboy-7

I booked this holiday before joining trip advisor and as such was shocked to read the reviews here shortly before my trip. I nearly cancelled the holiday off the back of the reviews, thankfully I didn't as this was quite possible the best holiday my wife and I have had. First things first, this is a 4 star hotel, and the treatment recieved from EVERY member of staff (from the receptionists
to the room cleaners), the high standard of dining and general presentation of the place certainly merited that. We stayed half board and did not have any issues dining. The buffet style breakfast and lunch provided were superb, with an extremely varied selection on offer and attentive staff to ensure all needs were catered for. The restaurant staff remembered our manes, room number and prefered drinks after the first day, silly I know but it was a nice touch and made us feel very welcome. The food itself was on the whole very healthy, although there was still the fried fatty foods on offer for those who cared for it, but most impressive was the desert selection at lunch, every day at least 20-25 (honestly) different deserts laid out to temp you! During the evenings the bars were pleasent and welcoming although I have to agree the resident prostitute bar was a little off putting they at least stayed in the area and away from the other areas. Room service was quick and the guys didn't hover around expecting a tip. I can heartily recomment a massage in the health club and a dip in the pool. My wife and I also took part in a number of the excursions organised by the hotel including a tour of Dubai which the Concierge organised so that, for the same price as a regular bus tour we could have our own car and tour guide. Finally the Shisha bar and on site cinema also made welcome distractions when
the weather was too hot. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and both wished we could have spent longer there. In my opinion this hotel is ideally suited for a youngish couple without kids who want to relax without having children running around or taking over the pool.

really good hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member qwerty24

after reading all the bad reveiws about this hotel i was really worried, but it was one if the best hotels that i have ever stayed at! the service was great the room size was good and the overall hotel was amazing. the hotel pool was really nice and the brakfast in the moring was great too! i recoommend this hotel and it what you make of it that counts, if i ever return to dubai then i would definatley stay here again.

Dubai, UAE: "Tron" meets Metropolis

by Mike247worldwide

"Architects on Steroids"

You think Lance Armstrong was "juicin'?" You should see the buildings in metropolitan Dubai! Now the guys who designed those HAD to be on the Bean.

Dubai is something else. Founded by illiterate Bedouins. They knew oil revenues wouldn't last. They focused on banking, finance and tourism. There is no BS when it comes to entering Dubai. Your five doillar bill is your visa. They want you there to shop.

by freddofrog04

Has anyone stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel Dubai ??

What's the hotel like ??

Location - wise, is it OK ?

Any advice would be great,

THANKS

Re: Metropolitan Hotel Dubai

by sashlasomma

You didn't specify which one of the metropolitan's is your target.

There is Metropolitan shaikh zayed (or the main hotel) it's located as u can see on Shaikh Zayed road one of the most beautiful roads in Dubai with it's new and modern types of buildings and tower.( I have a tip about this hotel).

The second is Metropolitan Deira which is located in the heart of the city and in one of the busiest areas in Dubai,it's very nice from inside and they have a great swimming pool on the roof.

The third one is the Metropolitan hotel and beach resort which is located on the Arabian gulf, It's very nice with many resturant's and bars,the pool is perfect.

If you want to be close to the markets and malls ,I'll recommend The first 2 ...if u r looking for peace of mind then go to the beach club.

If u have any question,feel free to ask me .

wishing for u nice and beautiful stay in Dubai

Re: Re: Metropolitan Hotel Dubai

by Cham

sounds good i'll look into those :)

Re: Metropolitan Hotel Dubai

by AmmaraKH

Hi,

I stayed there once and it was horrible. I suppose everyone has different tastes, but I found it a bit shoddy and average. It was the one on Sheikh Zayed rd and about 3 years ago, it might have changed now. The positive is that it has a cinema attached to it and a really nice Venezia restaurant with Gondolas etc. But i wasn't impressed wih the service or the pool.

I just wanted to be honest - I hope u dont mind!

Re: Re: Metropolitan Hotel Dubai

by Cham

no thanks for that, a good pool is high on my importance list at the moment

Comments