One & Only Royal Mirage Residence & Spa

Venere.com Agoda.com Priceline.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• gjmcau's Profile Photo

Realy is the One and Only

We stayed here when my wife arrived for a bit of a treat. The summer rates were excellent. HTis was truly the best hotel experience that either of us have ever had and we both traveled extensively for business. I cant rave about this place enough. From the moment you hit the drive way the ambiance just hits you and you start to feel relaxed.

Everything is done well the staff were outstanding they weren't over the top, just there enough, and very prompt. The decor is great, the whole feel is quite authentic. Check out the roof top bar and the sheesha is great in the courtyard downstairs.

I recomend this if you ge the chance it is seriously close enought to all the stuff in Dubai you want to do but when you get back you can escape the chaos. You could be anywhere. These guys really know how to run a hotel

Unique Quality: The decor, the lighting, the you really feel like your at a palace. They could be packed and youd never know

Directions: Just past the exit to the Palm on Jumeirah Beach Road going towards the Marina

• boojum's Profile Photo

Great family resort

Service very good EauZone (Chef's Table Excellent-if pricey $225 each) and Nina Restaurants very good. Staff all very friendly primarily from Sri Lanka. Landscaped gardens and access to other Hotels in Resort such as Residence & Spa-more expensive and Arabian Court-cheaper but maybe better?
    Bedrooms good but not as nice as AlQasr Madinat Resort and Rotisserie Restaurant not as good either.

Unique Quality: Lovely Pool area but right next door to Palm Jumeirah. Some years ago all you could see was sea now all you can see are buildings.
    Kid's Club excellent at no extra charge with many and varied activities-Pony and Camel riding and Arabian Evenings beautifully done

Directions: Near to Dubai marina

• Jazzop's Profile Photo

A great Location in the Old City

Dubai is an expensive place to get accommodation. Although not cheap the Arabian Courtyard Hotel was less expensive then most. After searching the web for a great price, I emailed the hotel directly and got an Executive room with buffet breakfast for two for the same price as a standard room on the net.

The hotel is great it's clean, quiet and in a great location opposite the Dubai museum and five minutes from the creek. If you want to see the real Dubai and not be amongst the multitude of new resorts then stay here. The staff are very helpful and friendly too.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a smallish but great pool, an English Pub and a few different restaurants

• Hmmm

I stayed there for 8days.I would say the hotel is decent, had a lot of tourists.Service was decent.Nice staff.But the location was bad.Although, its located bang opposite the dubai museum and centrally located in bur dubai but i found that area unlike the rest of dubai.I paid a bomb for the room , but i think with that kind of money i could have got a better hotel in Jumeira.

Unique Quality: Room has the view of the museum

• Rinjani's Profile Photo

Arabian Courtyard

The hotel is just opposite of Dubai Museum and near Bastakiya. Friendly and helpful staff. The staff took us for hotel tour, showing different type of room, restaurants (Don’t miss Mumtaz Mahal, Silk Road and Sherlock Holmes for a nice drink)
    They have regular monthly offer for the rooms and restaurants.

Unique Quality: Arabiyan Courtyard is suitable for people who love downtown atmosphere (but inside, you won’t feel it at all) where most of tourist attraction in Bur Dubai is walking distance (Dubai Museum, Creek, Baniyas but you have to cross with Abra, Basta Art Café, Bastakiyah Night, etc) From the price value, when the offer season comes, it’s just great!!

Nice interior design and good room facilities

Directions: Opposite Dubai Museum

• northsea's Profile Photo

Top hotel in Dubai

We paid ourselves this trip for our 40 years of marriage.
    This hotel is the second best I ever stayed in.
    (after Al Maha / Dubai). The service and the staff-members were top class. If someone had some problems with the language, they directed him inmediately to a person who spoke the language. (even South African)
    The only negative side was the beach, because you were confronted with the huge construction works of the Palm Island.
    I would reccoment this hotel to anyone, it's worth every cent of it.
    Don't go end of December / January. Prices go up with 20%.

Unique Quality: The lowest rated rooms were De Luxe Rooms, but what a comfort.!
    The garden was beautifull with separated playgrounds for the children. The pool is a place of relax, where you can read a book without being disturbed, because also there is a separated part reserved for the parents with their children.
    Nobody is perfect, but this hotel is very near to it.

Directions: Situated on Jumeirah Beach

• ciuchi's Profile Photo

Traditional Arab Hospitality

Unfortunatly and fortunatly our stay was short...I mean unfortunatly because we loved this place, but fortunatly for our budget, as it was very expensive even if the war in Iraq was not "officialy" over. So we had a lovely sea-view room and breakfast was included. What really surprised me was that on our arrival we had no fruits basket in the room or a bottle of wine. The receptionist that received us was very nice and funny and he managed to bring us some fruits...but only because we made this request. I mean ok, I know that some hotels apply different treatments to clients depending on their origin, but this is a 5* Deluxe resort and we paid an enourmous amount just to stay there so...am I wrong? Anyways, I ignored this in the end but when we checked-out we had another surprise. I used the hotel's phone to call a toll free number when i used a prepaid to call my mom and they charged me the local rate. Ok, ok...but they should have told me that when I called the operator, right?
    So, the amenities were outstanding, the room and all the resort looks great, gives you the feeling that you are really unique. Also, most of the services were impecable, the food delicious and the breakfast out on the terrace was very relaxing. A special thought goes to the Guest Relation Officer who performed her duty with excellence.

Unique Quality: The view is lovely and so is the swimming pool, the beach and all those gardens. I reccomend you to take long walks in the evening from Arabian Court to the Palace, it's very relaxing. And even if there were extensive work done for the Palm Island project, we were not disturbed by it.

Directions: On the right after Mina as Salaam.

More about One & Only Royal Mirage Residence & Spa

We loved the Royal Mirage

We stayed at the Mirage for 5 nights at the end of our honeymoon in July. The hotel is out of this world as is the service. We stayed in a gold room which was worth every penny, super afternoon tea, great drinks and cocktails between 6-8pm and all free.
On leaving the staff presented us with a beautiful leather photograph frame which was so unexpected.
The staff in the gold club were excellent, really helpful. We ate in the dining room which was out of this world on our last night, the beach bar and grill was also lovely. The night club was good, it does not get busy till 12.30, the roof top bar in the arabian court was fantastic.
The weather was really hot but to be honest it did not really bother us, just kept dipping in and out of the pool.
The speed boat tour is a must you will find this on the beach, which is to DIE!! The sea was just like a war bath, very lovely. I would imagine that this resort would be amazing in December.
We will be returning.

ESTUPENDO RESORT

by Rodriguezmoreno about ROYAL MIRAGE

LA ESTANCIA FUE ESPLENDIDA.EL RESORT ES MAGNIFICO Y PUEDES PASAR UN PAR DE DIAS SOLO PARA CONOCERLO ENTERO LAS HABITACIONES SON EXTENSAS,ES LA PRIMERA VEZ QUE VEO EN UNA HABITACION, UN CUARTO DE BAÑO PARA INVITADOS.CUIDADO AL MAXIMO DETALLE.LAS ZONAS COMUNES SON MAGNIFICAS,PLAYA PRIVADA, ARENA BLANCA, AGUA CRISTALINA.LAS PISCINAS MAGNIFICAS.EL HOTEL CONSTA DE TRES COMPLEJOS A CUYAS ZONAS COMUNES PUESEES ACCEDER.VARIOS RESTAURANTES Y BARES.LOS DETALLES SON IMPRESIONANTES, DESDE PASAR UN EMPLEADO A LIMPIARTE EL CRISTAL DE LAS GAFAS MIENTRAS LEES EN LA PISCINA, HASTA OTRO OFRECIENDOTE FRUTA, AGUA Y TOALLITAS.

Fantastic place to stay

I am writing this report on the hotel becuase it is without doubt one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in some super places over the years. The first time we visted we stayed in the Palace which we enjoyed but it was busy which did not stop our enjoyment at all. The room was very good except I orderd twin beds and found a very large double bed in the room. I complaned but it was 02:00 and we were tired and advised they had no more rooms. I agreed to speak to reception in the morning. When we woke we had a lovely room on the ground floor by the pool so we decided to stay in the room and share, the bed was so large it was not a problem. We ate at all of the resturants and enjoyed them all the worst I would say was the Beach house the best was Nina and the Celebrity Resturant.

When the time came to book our holiday the next year we both looked at one another and agreed to go back to The Royla Mirage but this time we would go to the Arabian Court, mainly becuase we fell in love with the roof bar and Ninas. We really loved the Arabian Court and found it much nicer than the Palace which amazed us as we enjoyed the Palace the previous year. The atomsphere at the Arabian Court was great you seem to mix more than the Palace. The staff were good but the Pool Boys were slow in getting water to you. The roof top bar is just stunning and the food was great. We have just come back from a winter break in Florida and in the cold UK weather, we talked about our holiday in May and guess what, we are going back to our wonderfull Royal Mirage for a third time amazing. I forgot to mention that in the Arabian court the rooms are larger and we got two large twin beds.

best holiday ever!

few months ago, was out in dubai at Royal Mirage
i think its the best holiday ever, although im only 14 im hoping to go out there again some time near christmas or maybe next june.
we met quite alot of nice new people
and the people who work there are way too nice and helpful!

Fantastic !!

by TripAdvisor Member HappyGils

We have just returned from a week at the 'One & Only' Royal Mirage. It was fantastic. The brilliant service started as soon as we walked through the door and continued all week. The hotel is modern but with an arabic twist. Staff are so friendly and seem to know and remember your name, even the man who turned down our bed . He covered our bed in rose petals and left a proverb and a delicious nibble by our bedside every night.

The food that we tried was delicious although we didn't try all of the restaraunts as 'Nina' which was modern indian and 'Eau Zone'which was modern asian were so good we went back to both twice.

The hotel is very good for lazing about although they do have free tasters of watersports you can do every day. There is also a gym if you feel the need. I also had a beauty treatment but theres so much to try we just didn't have the time!.

I would say the only down point was at present you can see & hear the building work that is going on next door but it isn't intrusive and the guys on pool duty can be rather slow with handing out the free water. Overall I can't wait to go back again.

Building site

by TripAdvisor Member goodyear

Basically quite decent hotel, unfortunately in the middle of the world's largest construction site. Food inconsistent, and rather unimaginative.
Furnishings tend to make rooms quite dark. Afternoon tea a must. Definitely would not revisit as there are many places in the world offering better value for money.

The One and Only Royal Mirage-Arabian Court

by ciuchi

"The garden view"

As I am interested in Oriental architecture and culture, it was my dream to stay at least a little in this luxurious resort. Unfortunatly, we stayed only 2 nights there and as I had a very bad winter in Romania I couldn't wait to feel the sun, get tan and brag about it on my return :))! So not much time to explore all the resort.

"The bed...great!"

As you can see, luxury is the only word coming to my mind when I remember my stay in this dream hotel.

"The room"

The room was big and so was the balcony. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of the bathroom, it was amazing, I felt like a princess there. On the corridors besides the Morrocan architectural style they played Arabic instrumental music, I really felt I was in a palace. All that was missing was my belly dancer costume ha ha!

"Fountains"

The garden looked like a dream thanks to all the lighted palm trees and fountains.

"Swimming pool chairs"

"The Reception area"

I simply love this style...maybe I was a Morrocan princess in a past life..who knows?:p

Upon our arrival we were greeted with wet, refreshing towels and a cold traditional drink.

The One and Only Royal Mirage-Arabian Court 1

by ciuchi

"View from our balcony"

As I have promised, I did my best to scan the other photos I made in this hotel...and they are not a few so I will see how I will manage to put them all on these pages :D

"Swimming pool"

I simply loved this swimming pool! And I did play basketball in the water...alone, but I had a lot of fun :p

"A camel ...."

This was the very first camel I have seen in Dubai. I was so happy to see it since everybody kept asking me after my first trip to Dubai: "have you seen any camels?" and the answer was "no". But this one was the first and last...till now :)

"The same camel..."

One day in my office I was looking at a travel agency's catalogue as they had some nice offers for city breaks and as usual, I checked the Dubai offer. After reading it I started laughing like crazy...why? Because they had written there that in Dubai you see camels walking on the highways among luxurious cars...this means that during all the hours we spent driving there I was blind?ha ha!!!

"Part of the architectural style"

"Inside the resort"

"Givenchy Spa"

That's a glimpse in the Givenchy Spa. The hammam is free for the hotel's guests but the only problem was that they had special schedule like one time ladies only, another one men only and another time only couples...and I was crazy to stay in the sun so not much interested about it at the time. WAS I CRAZY???I THINK SO :(

"Let's play chess"

Anybody wanna play? This is our view from the balcony from another angle...but as much as I tried i couldn't catch anybody playing :)

Royal Mirage Hotel (The Palace)

by AyurinHiro

"Poolside in The Palace of Royal Mirage"

"Royal Mirage Hotel -- The Palace"

From the sky.... :-)

I did the parasailing! How refreshing! And the scenery was magnificent!
This is The Palace of Royal Mirage.. where we stayed.

"Royal Mirage Hotel -- Arabian Court"

Again from the sky...

This is the Arabian Court of Royal Mirage Hotel.

"From our room"

Viewing the Persian Gulf...

"Breakfast"

We could choose outside (open air) or inside.
And every morning we ate outside... overlooking the pool, the gulf,
and lovely birds are singing around us. :-)

"Our room"

So spacious ....
We had 2 big rooms, 2 toilets,1 walk-in closet, 1 bar counter....

Every day, fruits are served for us.

"Bathroom"

Arabian CourtArabian Court

Royal Mirage BeachRoyal Mirage Beach

Noise at Royal Mirage

by Ritakel

Help please.
I have just booked a week in Sept. for 2 couples celebrating a special occasion. The hotel is The Royal Mirage. I have just heard from someone who stayed there and they said it was very noisy even at night. Also very dusty. This would be a disaster for us. Please can anyone comment on this?

Re: Noise at Royal Mirage

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Hi there,
In the past few months some of my friends stayed in hotels along the beach of Jumeirah and none of them complained of any disturbance caused by the construction work. Maybe you can also check with the tour agency in your area as they have a lot of customers and receive news from them.
I post you an URL, find the comment of a VT member about another hotel in Jumeirah Beach (Re: oasis beach hotel or hilton jumeirah).
The URL is:

Re: Re: Noise at Royal Mirage

by Ritakel

Thank you for reply.
I could be wrong but I dont think the noise they referred to was from the Palm Project but other construction work in the area.

Re: Noise at Royal Mirage

by Whatzmyname

I cannot imagine Roayl Mirage being dusty! It is one of the nicest hotels. I think the people you were listening to just like to complain about nothing.....

Comments