One & Only Royal Mirage Residence & Spa

gjmcau's Profile Photo

Realy is the One and Only

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 21, 2007

We stayed here when my wife arrived for a bit of a treat. The summer rates were excellent. HTis was truly the best hotel experience that either of us have ever had and we both traveled extensively for business. I cant rave about this place enough. From the moment you hit the drive way the ambiance just hits you and you start to feel relaxed.

Everything is done well the staff were outstanding they weren't over the top, just there enough, and very prompt. The decor is great, the whole feel is quite authentic. Check out the roof top bar and the sheesha is great in the courtyard downstairs.

I recomend this if you ge the chance it is seriously close enought to all the stuff in Dubai you want to do but when you get back you can escape the chaos. You could be anywhere. These guys really know how to run a hotel

Unique Quality: The decor, the lighting, the you really feel like your at a palace. They could be packed and youd never know

Directions: Just past the exit to the Palm on Jumeirah Beach Road going towards the Marina

boojum's Profile Photo

Great family resort

by written on April 25, 2007

Service very good EauZone (Chef's Table Excellent-if pricey $225 each) and Nina Restaurants very good. Staff all very friendly primarily from Sri Lanka. Landscaped gardens and access to other Hotels in Resort such as Residence & Spa-more expensive and Arabian Court-cheaper but maybe better?
Bedrooms good but not as nice as AlQasr Madinat Resort and Rotisserie Restaurant not as good either.

Unique Quality: Lovely Pool area but right next door to Palm Jumeirah. Some years ago all you could see was sea now all you can see are buildings.
Kid's Club excellent at no extra charge with many and varied activities-Pony and Camel riding and Arabian Evenings beautifully done

Directions: Near to Dubai marina

Jazzop's Profile Photo

A great Location in the Old City

by written on July 11, 2006

Dubai is an expensive place to get accommodation. Although not cheap the Arabian Courtyard Hotel was less expensive then most. After searching the web for a great price, I emailed the hotel directly and got an Executive room with buffet breakfast for two for the same price as a standard room on the net.

The hotel is great it's clean, quiet and in a great location opposite the Dubai museum and five minutes from the creek. If you want to see the real Dubai and not be amongst the multitude of new resorts then stay here. The staff are very helpful and friendly too.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a smallish but great pool, an English Pub and a few different restaurants

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2005

I stayed there for 8days.I would say the hotel is decent, had a lot of tourists.Service was decent.Nice staff.But the location was bad.Although, its located bang opposite the dubai museum and centrally located in bur dubai but i found that area unlike the rest of dubai.I paid a bomb for the room , but i think with that kind of money i could have got a better hotel in Jumeira.

Unique Quality: Room has the view of the museum

Rinjani's Profile Photo

Arabian Courtyard

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2005

The hotel is just opposite of Dubai Museum and near Bastakiya. Friendly and helpful staff. The staff took us for hotel tour, showing different type of room, restaurants (Don’t miss Mumtaz Mahal, Silk Road and Sherlock Holmes for a nice drink)
They have regular monthly offer for the rooms and restaurants.

Unique Quality: Arabiyan Courtyard is suitable for people who love downtown atmosphere (but inside, you won’t feel it at all) where most of tourist attraction in Bur Dubai is walking distance (Dubai Museum, Creek, Baniyas but you have to cross with Abra, Basta Art Café, Bastakiyah Night, etc) From the price value, when the offer season comes, it’s just great!!

Nice interior design and good room facilities

Directions: Opposite Dubai Museum

northsea's Profile Photo

Top hotel in Dubai

by written on July 20, 2005

We paid ourselves this trip for our 40 years of marriage.
This hotel is the second best I ever stayed in.
(after Al Maha / Dubai). The service and the staff-members were top class. If someone had some problems with the language, they directed him inmediately to a person who spoke the language. (even South African)
The only negative side was the beach, because you were confronted with the huge construction works of the Palm Island.
I would reccoment this hotel to anyone, it's worth every cent of it.
Don't go end of December / January. Prices go up with 20%.

Unique Quality: The lowest rated rooms were De Luxe Rooms, but what a comfort.!
The garden was beautifull with separated playgrounds for the children. The pool is a place of relax, where you can read a book without being disturbed, because also there is a separated part reserved for the parents with their children.
Nobody is perfect, but this hotel is very near to it.

Directions: Situated on Jumeirah Beach

ciuchi's Profile Photo

Traditional Arab Hospitality

by written on November 10, 2004

Unfortunatly and fortunatly our stay was short...I mean unfortunatly because we loved this place, but fortunatly for our budget, as it was very expensive even if the war in Iraq was not "officialy" over. So we had a lovely sea-view room and breakfast was included. What really surprised me was that on our arrival we had no fruits basket in the room or a bottle of wine. The receptionist that received us was very nice and funny and he managed to bring us some fruits...but only because we made this request. I mean ok, I know that some hotels apply different treatments to clients depending on their origin, but this is a 5* Deluxe resort and we paid an enourmous amount just to stay there I wrong? Anyways, I ignored this in the end but when we checked-out we had another surprise. I used the hotel's phone to call a toll free number when i used a prepaid to call my mom and they charged me the local rate. Ok, ok...but they should have told me that when I called the operator, right?
So, the amenities were outstanding, the room and all the resort looks great, gives you the feeling that you are really unique. Also, most of the services were impecable, the food delicious and the breakfast out on the terrace was very relaxing. A special thought goes to the Guest Relation Officer who performed her duty with excellence.

Unique Quality: The view is lovely and so is the swimming pool, the beach and all those gardens. I reccomend you to take long walks in the evening from Arabian Court to the Palace, it's very relaxing. And even if there were extensive work done for the Palm Island project, we were not disturbed by it.

Directions: On the right after Mina as Salaam.

Nearby One & Only Royal Mirage Residence & Spa

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Dubai Travel Forum

Need advice about Dubai, United Arab Emirates? Visit the Travel Forum for Dubai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dubai hotel reviews

Burj Al Arab (Jumeirah Beach Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 15 Reviews
Atlantis The Palm
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Emirates Towers Hotel (Sheikh Zayed Road.)
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Al Khaleej Hotel (Deira Dubai.)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Spices souk
Cultural "island"
Old Mosque
Things to Do
When are the local police going to ......