Taj Palace Hotel Dubai

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 59% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

A great 5 star luxury Hotel

My stay ate the Taj Palace Hotel was another great experience. I usually stay at the Metropolitan Palace Hotel, but they were booked. The reason for this visit was to attend the Dubai Tennis Classic, and I had already received my ticket to attend. So, I searched online and booked my reservation through EGLOBE travel Network. They were able to get me a huge discount.

The Hotel is very new and the accomodations were fantastic. I had two queen sized beds, a marble bathroom, balcony, refrigerater, etc. I would definately recommend this hotel, especially to the business traveler.

Unique Quality: Theexquisitely design of the hotel. When you walk into the hotel, the lobby area exuds royalty. Welcome drinks and very comfortable seating. They also have 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments, royal suites and Taj club floor, with butler service.

There was also a jacuzzi, steam room, massuse, excellent dining facilities.

Directions: City centr, Deira

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

One of Dubai's best 5 star luxury hotels

My stay at the Taj Palace was a fantastic experience. I vacationed in Dubai this time to attend the Dubai Tennis Championship. I usually stay at the Metropolitan Palace Hotel, but they were booked. I booked online via and they were fantastic. They suggested the Taj Palace and I was very satisfied with the accomodations, the hotel staff, all of the amenities, sauna, pool, jacuzzi, etc.

Unique Quality: (2) queen size beds in the room. Room was extremely clean. The bathroom was marble with a very classy touch. I also had a balcony.

They also have tastefully designed 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments, royal suites and Taj club floor, with butler service.

Directions: Center Center, Deira

More about Taj Palace Hotel Dubai

by TripAdvisor Member Hussain1

We visited Dubai a week ago and stayed at the Taj Palace Hotel and were so impressed with the hotel standards. We arrived early and were given a free upgrade which was huge, the staff were so polite and we received a first class service. The hotel is in a good location to all the main attractions. Short taxi ride to airport costing £3-4. There was a great variety for breakfast and the spa facilities at the hotel were one of the best I have experienced. Top marks in all departments, would definitely go back to stay there.

5 Star Luxury!

by kit_mc about Taj Palace 5* Hotel

Friendly, efficient service. So just what you want really! Rooftop pool with views over Dubai and a small gym. The pool was just the right temperature to laze around in for ages, the outdoor jacuzzi is addictive!

Lovely rooms with not just one but two huge double beds! Several restaurants, a pharmacy (handy when you've got a dodgy tummy and can't go far!) Rooms are huge, have a balcony and especially gorgeous bathrooms with a separate shower room!

This is also a 'dry' hotel so alcohol is not sold anywhere on the premises but can be brought in from elsewhere and consumed in your room

** Same gender couples won't get asked questions, possibly because each room ha two double beds!!**

Simply a wonderful hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Dionyssos

We came back from Dubai yesterday, the 19th of November 2006. Apart from the fact that Dubai is a wonderful city, our stay at Taj Palace made it even more special! The hotel has definetely the biggest rooms any hotel in Dubai has to offer, impeccable service, it is extremely clean and cautious to the smallest detail that can make your stay of higher quality. The people at the reception and the concierge are just more than polite, always willing to help you in every way they can to make your stay even nore special!
If you go to Dubai do not hesitate to book this hotel!

John&Kali from Greece

Beautiful Rooms and Great Service!

by TripAdvisor Member lolabug

I only got to stay in the Taj Palace for one night but it was long enough to see what an excellent hotel it is. Even the standard rooms are huge with beautiful wood floors and a large sitting area along with the king sized bed. The bathrooms with separate tub and shower are also giant and beautiful.

The staff at check in were very courteous and efficient.

Some people might care that there is no alcohol served at this hotel. And sometimes it can be a slight wait to get a taxi but this is common in all of Dubai it seems. The location is off the main roads so it stays quiet.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

AMAZING hotel, I loved it 5* in every way

by TripAdvisor Member Ganymede_2010

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Taj Place for 4 nights in October 2006 and I loved every second of it, ignore and bad reviews about this hotel!

Inside the hotel is stunning with glass and marble everywhere and the lifts are the fastest and quietest I have ever been in.

The room was massive with a comfy bed, luxurious bathrooms, large tv, non-alcoholic mini bar and a balcony. The room had bathrobes slippers safe and toiletries. Basically everything you could need.

House keeping was excellent and the beds were made twice a day with a mint each night on your pillow. Daily newspapers were provided every day as were free bottles of water.

The breakfast was delicious and offered a good variety with your eggs cooked specifically for you how you like them.

The pool on the roof was great as was the jacuzzi which was larger than I expected. The pool attendant couldn't have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Towels were provided for sunbathing and swimming.

All rooms and public areas were well air-conditioned and bright.

The staff were all friendly and were always smiling and the taxis they hotel provide are clean safe and reliable.

I will definately be going back to this hotel soon and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks to everyone at the Taj Palace.

Great city base

by TripAdvisor Member littlebear07

We stayed at the taj palace April 2006. Located in Deira. Brilliant concierge who pre-booked all of our restaurants and presented us with an itinerary on arrival. Nice foyer. Very spacious and well equipped room with a huge bed, felt almost like a mini suite. Losts of overstuffed cushions and soft furnishings. Clean with friendly domestic staff - most very young looking!

Nice breakfast buffet in small breakfast room, had to queue on occasion but never had to wait too long.

The hotel was in a pretty good location within walking distance of a couple of the major shopping malls (but do take your walking shoes!) also could walk to the souqs if feeling particularly energetic. However the roads are pretty busy and we saw a number of RTAs and near misses so do use the overpasses even if its not convenient.

The pool is located on the rooftop and has limited sun loungers - can be a struggle to find one. The pool staff didn't exactly rush to help us move the parasols on occasion either! The pool isn't massive but adequate for a cooling dip. Great views of incoming aircraft at close range and you can see the airport! (Sorry I'm a bit of an aircraft anorak). The pool bar serves food (the pizza is pretty tasty) but is quite expensive.

The hotel also has a couple of shops including a very handy pharmacy. Buy water, snacks etc from the local stores as the hotel is expensive (I don't recall free water in the room).

The spa is nice but is segragated for boys & girls. Went for Arudeyvic massage which was not v relaxing. Apparently based on the type person you are (you fill in a questionnaire beforehand) which means I must have been pretty evil in a previous life! Also had a facial with (sorry) blackhead removal which almost made me cry - a little heavy handed. Didn't go back.

Fabulous indian restaurant in the hotel (Handi)- some of the best indian food i've tasted. There was also a middle eastern one - pretty deserted though food okay.

All in all good location clean luxurious rooms. Great base from which to explore Deira.

Be aware - no alcohol served here!

by TripAdvisor Member MonikaB

Noisy location with inadequate noise-proofing
Huge well furnished rooms with a luxurious bathroom
Good housekeeping/room service but not the friendliest reception staff
Hotel does not serve alcohol - no heads up on this from either the travel agenct or the website - most frustrating!

by ch1973

We'er staying at the Taj Palace Hotel from next Thursday (I think all your web pages I've seen so far are fab)

We were very lucky and have found the hotel at an amazing discount so haven't looked into all other hotels in the area, but I'm a bit disturbed that it's not mentioned anywhere.

Does anyone have any experience/ knowledge of it so we can be prepared (I know it's a dry hotel)

Thanks

RE: Taj Palace Hotel

by Taj999

We stayed at the Taj about 2 years ago. The hotel was fab. Breakfast/ restaurant was excelent and the service very good. I had no complaints. the only thing wass that the view from the hotel was not very good. its in the city area and a short distance from the shopping centre, and not very far from the airport. in a nutshell its a good hotel barring the boring views.

Taj

RE: RE: Taj Palace Hotel

by ch1973

Thanks.

That puts my minds at rest!

RE: RE: Taj Palace Hotel

by sidkid

The Taj is a nice place in the heart of Deira City, close to the citicenter mall and close to the Dubai Creek. Yes its a dry place but there are alot of hotels around the place that serve liquor/alcohol. The hotel is part of the Taj group of hotels and the service is excellent. I agree, the view is not that great as its in the city, but you will enjoy it as you wont want to stay indoors when here. The weather is nice and outdoors is great. Try the desert trips as its nice and cool in the evenings.
Enjoy your stay here.