Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina

Al Sufouh Road, c/o Dubai International Marine Club, PO Box 24883, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina

Fine dining Italian restaurant

by colin_bramso about Bussola

A beautiful fine dining restaurant in the beachfront garden of Westin Dubai.

It's in a detached building designed like a traditional conservatory with large windows all round, an al fresco area in the garden and a more casual rooftop pizza & bar area. There are views across the garden and beach to Palm Jumeirah.

Staff are excellent, from the greeting to the service, and the food is outstanding. Osso Bucco is one of my Italian favourites and Bussolo makes it beautifully. It's served with a portion of creamy risotto, which is another of my favourites, so it's a perfect choice for me.

Worth the wait!

by TripAdvisor Member richtob

Having visted Dubai many times and stayed in several hotels, I was looking forward to the eventual opening of the new Westin Dubai. And I certainly wasnt dissappointed, it was everything I hoped for and more. Certainly a stunning location and very impressive hotel, we definately felt the sense of arrival from the moment we drove up to the entrance and were greeted by smiling faces, something that we found was echoed throughout the hotel! Lobby was impressive and when we got to our room, our expectations were exceeded, which is difficult in somewhere like Dubai where standards are generally high from our previous experiences. Loved the idea of having a lap pool as well as a more casual pool, and breakfast was something else, just a shame it had to close each day!! Despite the fact that the hotel had just opened (and yes there were a few staff finishing off the odd thing but were no disturbance to us) you could clearly see day by day how this hotel was clearly set to become a leader in the 5* hotels on the beach. Beautiful rooms, great service, spoilt for choice in dining experiences (strongly recommend The Grill but book in advance!).. we are already planning on going back in December. My new favorite hotel on the beach!

New Hotel, Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Witonian

The staff at this hotel were generally very friendly and accomodating. They were a veritable United Nations from all over the world. The hotel itself is very grand with a Tuscan exterior but a 70's retro interior - a lot of yellow in the massive dining hall which might not be to everyone's taste. The lobby is a lovely meeting place with comfortable sofa's and live classical music in the evenings. The rooms were clean and comfortable if somewhat characterless. The pool area was very impressive but oppresively hot this time of year particularly because the garden is newly planted and so does not provide any shade. However there is lush vegetation next door at the Meridien which is open to all Westin guests. My daughter loved the Penguin Club at the Meridien which has a well-equipped outdoor play area. However the Westin will eventually open its own indoor kids club which should be a welcome relief when the heat is oppressive as it was most of the time we were there. In the end I chose this hotel because the room sleeps four comfortably with no special arrangements and that is a major advantage for families.

awful by dubai standards

by TripAdvisor Member kerrylou10

Having been to dubai for many years we normally stay at the jbh , madinat or mirage. my agent persuaded me to try something new hence we booked the westin on a club ex basis.
on arrival we were told that the club ex lounge was not open yet however there is no mention of this on their website. Although i dont mind busy hotels i always book this room catagory as it provides a quieter haven within the hotel. I feel we were mislead by the westin chain on this point.
A lot of reviews say about the hotel having teething problems, I did a lot of research and this hotel was supposedly ready to open in march and the staff have been in place since then training!
The whole place was a shambles from the checkin to the breakfast room the non existent ex lounge and the non existent westin kids club also advertised as open on their website.
When you have been to dubai many times you quickly realise that the customer service and general quality is not here in this hotel. They are placing themselves in the top bracket of hotels in dubai and even given teething problems are nowhere near delivering.
Westin is part of the starwood group, this is their flagship in the UAE if their staff were struggling why didnt they draft more experienced staff from their other first class hotels in the area and stop selling room catagories they didnt have.

Not quite a 5 star!

by TripAdvisor Member carlybess

I have just returned from a week at the Westin resort in dubai. There are things that are amazing and extremely disappointing. I have been to Dubai many times and will give an honest opinion. I was here on a half board basis, when we arrived I was told we could only eat at the buffet restuarant. I was not very happy about this, as the norm in Dubai is you can eat free in the buffet restaurant and get a discount at any of their other restaurants. I spoke to an extremely rude duty manager who said to me 'it is because we have people coming from outside the hotel to the restaurants' he also told me this has always been the case, which is not true, as I heard from other guests, you could do this when the Westin was first open. So guests are obviously not priority in the Westin which is good to know.

Next day It took 3 hours and 5 calls to get my internet connection, TV and phone to work.

The food in the Buffet restaurant is done to a very high standard, but it does not change it is the same every night. The service is awful here, the staff have an obbession with clearing tables, often you are trying to get somebodys attention and they are all in the corner clearing tables. I do not blame the staff for this, I blame the blue orange manager.

If you are going soon expect lots of work to be going on in the hotel, drilling by the poolside etc.

There are lots of good points too, rooms are lovely, adult only pools are great, for people who don't want kids running around. Then family pools for people with kids. Housekeeping, bell men and reception are really helpful and can't do enough for you.

I don't think I would go back here, but I think it will sort itself out and become a great hotel in time.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member STRADBROKE

We arrived at the Westin at 8am knowing we wouldn't be booked in till 3pm. We were booked in straight away.. our room didn't have a balcony but i lived without it for 10 days. Reception was extremely helpful and polite.

Room - Spacious, lovely TV, DVD player, Expresso machine, the bathroom was massive. It has a huge bath tub, massvice shower with 2 lovely showers in there and then a seperate toilet area in the bathroom. It has loads of shampoos, conditoners, body lotion, shower gel. Also loads of towels, soaps, cotton buds, cotton pads, hairdryer.

Blue/Orange - Huge resturant with all types of food, Chinese, Indian, Sushi bar, Desser counter, Salad bar. The food was always lovely. The staff friendy.

Pool Area - We stayed by the kids pool area everyday. The pool s great for kds under 10yrs i would say.. Its also shadeded and has 2 lifeguards on stand by. The staff here are extremely friendly and they work with a smile on their faces everyday.

This hotel is of a 5* calibra, the little touches were there, cold towels by the pool, free ice drink shots, extra water, towels each night. I have also stayed in many fine hotels in teh world and this is not a bad hotel. Its a new hotel finding its feet and its done very well so far. The decor is impressive, staff very wecloming and friendly, service spot on. We never experienced anything bad and only ever received top treatment from everyone.

Time will tell

We stayed at the Westin from June7th for a week and must say we really enjoyed our stay there and would add it to our list of will go back hotels.This hotel would be excellent for first time visitors to Dubai and to the more go with the flow visitor as well.
As others have pointed out yes there were slight teething problems but we felt that the hotel was keeping on top of them and listening to the clients views.
Check in desk is a bit on the small side and if there are more than 3 parties checking in/out at the same time then it may take a bit of time,hopefully this may be changed soon as they have a very good entrance lobby with loads of room.Bell Boys /Doormen were on their toes and were quick to assist.
Checked in to a land view room which was as spacious as any we have been to in DXB bathroom was also of a good standard.Flat screen TV on which you could view your ongoing bill after 3 days.Rooms were very quiet and were serviced early each day.
In and around the hotel____Pool areas were fab ,there is an adults only pool with connection to another pool a lap pool with a great view of the Atlantis and the Palm,a childrens pool is located next to this.Comfortable sun loungers and plenty of them as well.
Pool staff were always helpful even to the more demanding clients who at times thought they owned the place and that they speak to the staff like they were 2nd class citizens.By the time we were leaving the hotel they were just starting to give out slush drinks in the afternoon so maybe they will start on the cool towels next,management were always around asking for peoples opinions on how they could improve the hotel .
Restaurants------- Blue Orange Buffet great for breakfast and at night and although there was plenty of choice you could also have the same meal every night.There was various cooking stations like Arabic,Chinese ,European and Asian.
This restaurant is due to shut down end July for 4 weeks for the tiles to be re lifted and laid and they may move it to the ballroom for that period.
Hunters Grill was a very good value restaurant with first class food options although be prepared to spend a long time in it over the meal.
Drinks wise costs were comparible with most hotels in DXB and the main bar had a very good selection of beers and spirits and for all the sports fans 3 televisions .We also visited the Mina next door for the Barasti Bar and enjoyed our time there as well although it was obvious that there were some who were unable to control their drinking habits.
Taxis were at times difficult to get due to the hotel just opening but if there was a queue we nipped next door to the Mina who always had plentyThere is also a free shuttle to the G7D park and MOE although the times are not great
Now the minus points.Some of these are based on what is supplied by other hotels in the area and I feel they should also be included here as well
There was no welcome drink or cold towel on arrival
The decking near the kids pool was starting to warp and may become a hazard
No fruit in the rooms at night and bed turndown was around 5pm
No half board credit given any more if using another reataurant for meals.
Although it is part of the Starwoods Group we were unable to get any SPG points added as they did not participate for some reason
If this is all I could fault in any hotel then that means to me I have enjoyed it and am sure others will as well
No doubt others may be able to add to the list but if the hotel keeps on top of it then I am sure it will not be long before it is in the top 10 hotels group.
If anyone wants more info feel free to contact me

Gib

Fab hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Peachesse

I was very anxious about booking a new hotel although it was through Virgin Holidays and it was virtually halfprice and we were upgraded to half board! However the Hotel was gorgeous with amazing seating areas, chandeliers, flower arrangements. cream marble everywhere etc etc.The bedrooms were large enough and we also had a roll out. Good facilities there too: huge TV, dearish minibar and very dear spa products to purchase. 'Heavenly beds',phones everywhere, even in the loo. Good wardrobe size, safe etc. The bathroom was large with both a bath and separate shower and toilet. I was impressed!Rooms were cleaned at your request and convenience. All the staff from the top to the bottom were great.The dining room had a good choice of foods: hot, regional. cold. sweet, even a chocolate fountain and the crepes were to die for. For the half board version you took breakfast and lunch or dinner. There were some snacks available at the bars for lunch but a lot of people took lunch and then ate elsewhere in the evening.Outside the lawns and pools were tailored and beautifully kept. Loads of brolleys and chairs[comfy]. the staff there were eager to help and not just for tips. The beach was clean and again loads of chairs etc.It is really an adult hotel but there are kids activities but not with loud speakers and annoying music. These were well organised and did not impinge on others.There is still some work going on in the hotel but this is discreet and does not distract you. When we were there they were fitting out a shop. It was done in a day and overnight and was open the next morning. Workmen are very disceet and there was no mess!Would I stay there again? Absolutely Yes if I could afford to. I was so impressed that to moan about trivial points seems very petty.

Great stay at the Westin

by TripAdvisor Member likestotravel51

We stayed at the Westin in early June, which was just a few weeks after opening. The hotel itself is stunning, the reception area and public rooms are very impressive. Hotel rooms are an excellent size and very clean. I took the advice from a previous reviewer and asked for a room with a balcony - this was good advice as not all rooms have a balcony. Our room was a deluxe sea view room and it didn't disappoint, the view was excellent.
A previous review mentioned that hotel cars were "pushed" onto them, we didn't find this at all, they were offered as an alternative but there was no pressure. If you take a hotel cab, the cost difference is very minimal, but the transport provided is of very good quality.
We tried the Bussola restaurant on site, which was very good and made use of the free half board offer in the hotel. Food in the Blue Orange restaurant was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful. It's worth knowing that you can take lunch or dinner as part of the half board option.
We also tried the Barista bar at the Meridien Mina Seyahi, the sister hotel next door, which was really nice particularly if you get a table outside overlooking the sea. This place was really busy and attracts both tourists and ex-pats.
The hotel spa was very nice and service is excellent. You can get a "mini manicure" for the equivalent of about £5, which is very good value. Other treatment prices are similar to those at home in the UK.
We had a couple of issues with the bill and some elements of service, we took these as teething problems and these didn't in any way affcet our overall stay. We would definitely return to the Westin.

Great break

by TripAdvisor Member RUTHANDPAULLondon

Although we are Dubai residents now we decided to have a weekend away 5 minutes from home at this hotel. The lobby area is simply amazing. We arrived before check in but our room was not available so we decided to go to the pool 5 minutes later our mobile phone rang with the receptionist saying our room was ready - was impressed with this The room was lovely and certainly of better quality than the sister hotel MIna Seyahi which I have stayed in on business. With a knock of the door one of the staff arrived with a cuddly camel for our youngest son and frizby for our eldest - nice touch.

The shower and bath were brilliant and beds very comfortable Mini bar was extremely expensive especially the snacks. We saw a few families who had been to a local supermarket.

Pool area was lovely, although waiter service a little slow compared to other hotels in Dubai. Staff were very friendly although it was clear some were still learning their jobs with the hotel opening recently. A little more training would help. We went to the bar area for drinks and mistakenly didn't realise we couldn't go into the lounge area with children - the manager was extremely apolgetic when he asked us to move and arranged quick waitress service in the lobby and a top up!

There were a few finishing touches still needed to the hotel e.g. some flower beds needed planting.

The food was of good quality and pancakes were a firm favourite with the children

With some more staff training I think this will be an amazing hotel. Despite a few small things that weren't perfect we had a great weekend.

Hi there
i want to go to the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina which is due to open sometime soon. It looks wonderful and wondered if anyone had any advice or information on it. Does it look any good? Its hard to decide whether to go as its new and no holiday reports are online yet obviously.

Kind regards,
Stacey xx

by colin_bramso

Stacey, I drive past it every day and it looks fantastic but I'm not sure when it'll open. It's next to Le Meridien Nina Seyahi, right on the beach and it's in a great location across the road from Dubai Marina.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

I also have seen it, but as a guest which is going to stay with them as they are going to open shortly maybe you can get a special deal or some discount :-)

by smarty29

It is expected to open after Ramdan that is mid Oct 08. Its a very good hotel, Interiors is beeing done by us. So we are in the middle of our work.

oct 2008 i wnt to go in July 2008 lol x

by colin_bramso

July? Very hot, very humid, very uncomfortable. Leave it until the hotel opens, when the weather will be perfect!

by Heavens-Mirror

last time i went to dubai i went in august and although it was hot i still loved it hehe. I have changed my mind on the westin hotel and have booked the le meridien mina sehayi now.
thanks for everyones help though x

by colin_bramso

An update Stacey ( and everyone) - the General Manager was on radio saying that he expects to open in April or May.

by Heavens-Mirror

thnak you for the info colin but we have already booked now to stay at le meridien. x

Comments