United Arab Emirates Hotels

Our Members Say

• soulwave profile photo soulwave
  • Reviews: 17

Four Point downtown by Sheraton: Dubai downtown hotel

I choose Four Point downtown by Sheraton hotel because the location not far from Metro station and shopping mall (Burjuman Shopping Mall within walking distance to the hotel)

My first impression, the interior of hotel is modern look, minimalist.The room ; big ,very clean, you get sofa set, working desk ang good bath room .You can acssess free internet (Wifi) in lobby and restaurant at ground floor .

The breakfast menu; Westen, and Arabian food...you can ask wine

Location at Bur Dubai

• Related to: Desert, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 28, 2011

• Paul4Travel profile photo Paul4Travel

Towers Rotana, Dubai, UAE.: Dubai - Good Central 4 Star Hotel

Stayed at Rowers Rotana for 7 nights in March 2011.

Good central 4 Star hotel, comments are as follows:

Position: on Sheik Zayed Road for easy (taxi) access to shopping malls and other attractions in central Dubai. Metro nearby.

Lobby: medium sized with usual Concierge, check-in, coffee lounge area.

My room: Towers Rotana Club room 22nd floor with view towards The Gulf. Spacious, clean with TV, 'phone, Internet point, mini-bar, air-con etc. Bathroom: small, but well appointed with shower and bath. All clean with daily maid service. The club rooms are higher, quieter and have access to the Club Lounge for breakfast and evening cocktails.

Longs Bar: supposedly the longest bar in the Middle East. Good selection of beer, wine and spirits. Small restaurant area serving excellent selection of food. Staff efficient and attentive.

Main restaurant: did not try.

Swimming Pool: did not try but although small, looked clean and attractive.

I would stay there again and recommend it for exploring Dubai and also for business travellers.

Service in Longs Bar restaurant area was excellent as was the food.

Concierge very helpful with taxis, directions, general advice.

Club Lounge quiet and relaxing especially for breakfast.

• Related to: Business Travel, Desert, Singles
  • Written April 25, 2011

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

Golden Tulip Al Jazira Resort & Marina is Family F: Posh Resort in the Desert

This place is posh no doubt! Being in the middle of the desert in Dubai, it was hard to find it! Our driver kept getting lost. It took us more than 2 hours to reach it from Abu Dhabi Airport. We were so tired and hungry when we arrived in the afternoon.Etihad Airways which booked us here for free due to the volcanic ash problems in Europe was so nice to choose this for us weary travellers.

As we were late for lunch, we paid for our snacks - around AUS$65 for pizzas and some drinks. Worth it! The service was good, the place fantastic and we were not expecting to be here so it was a pleasant surprise indeed!

Buffet dinner and brekkies were also great! As always plenty of Filipino staff catered to our whim. Even the Arab/Indian room attendant was always around to ask if we need anything. It was great to unwind after all the stress due to the cancelled flight to London. We also had to pauy for internet service/wifi which wasn't so bad!

Modern, almost new faciities, great ambience over-all! As long as we stick to the inside if the resort we were fine. The late afternoons are not bad so we still looked around the place towards night time. Our rooms (we got two separate rooms for our family of four so it was an added bonus)- with flat screen telly, phones, bath & shower, all the toiletries you can imagine, plus a huge balcony overlooking the beach and the pool! Such luck we had being here too!

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel, Beaches
  • Written May 17, 2010
Tip Photo

the view from our balcony room

Al Hamra Fort Hotel: Enjoyable place in Ras Al Khaimah

5 stars Al Hamra Fort Hotel & Beach Resort is located by a natural lagoon. It is designed as a victorious Arabian Fort reviving the 1001 Arabian Nights in the style of a traditional Arabian village with wind towers.
It is located along stunning white washed beaches of Ras Al Khaimah surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens and swimming pools.
Unfortunately we stopped there not so long as we would like but we could enjoy its stunning views.

You can watch my 4 min 11 sec HD Video Ras Al Khaimah Al Hamra Resort out of my Youtube channel with Walid Tawfic - Ghajaryan.

Al Hamra Fort Hotel

Royal Beach Hotel & Resort: Enjoyable place at the Oman Gulf

Royal Beach Hotel & Resort is a luxurious resort with a convenient location right by the Oman Gulf of the Indian Ocean. We spent a wonderful day there with a day-trip from Sharjah.
We could enjoy relaxation, beautiful mountain views and a long, sandy beach.

All chalets offer a balcony with splendid views of the sea and the surrounding mountains. The great hotel facilities include a well-equipped health club with gym, sauna and steam room, along with a disco, gift shop, and a children's playground.

You can watch my 3 min 55 sec HD Video Sharjah Dibba Al Hisn Indian Ocean Royal Beach Hotel out of my Youtube channel with the Eastern Voices – Nirbandh.

Royal Beach Hotel & Resort

Grand Hotel of Sharjah: Enjoyable place at the Persian Gulf

We spent 5 days in this wonderful 4-stars hotel-resort located on the beach of the Arabian Gulf 8 km from Dubai and Sharjah International Airports. It has 230 rooms with convenient spot for tourists and business explorers. I spent there four nights in a single room and can ensure its friendly atmosphere and excellent service.

We paid 900 AED (1 USD = 3.66 AED) for a DOUBLE (SEA VIEW) room and 700 AED for every of four SINGLE (CITY VIEW) rooms for a night.

You can watch my 4 min 02 sec HD Video Sharjah Grand Hotel evening walk around out of my Youtube channel with Faudel – Je Me Souviens.
and 3 min 29 sec HD Video Sharjah Grand Hotel beach part 1 out of my Youtube channel with Amr Diab – Tamally Maak.

Grand Hotel of Sharjah

• travelpoop profile photo travelpoop
  • Reviews: 1

Casablanca Hotel: Ras Al Khaimah Affordable Hotel

New in town and unable to afford to stay at the Hilton Downtown in Ras Al khaimah for more than a couple of nights.

Did not have to look far as across the road was the Casablanca hotel. The decor may be a bit cheesy but the room was decent, spacious and a third of the price compared to Hilton.

Good Location - 10 minute walk to The Mall and to the Free Zone.

Thai massage parlour on the top floor

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 23, 2008

• donna12 profile photo donna12
  • Reviews: 23

The Majestic Hotel Tower: Hotel in Dubai

Superb hotel situated in Bur Dubai, with executive suites on the top floors. Superb views of the city and a lovely swimming pool.

• Related to: Religious Travel, Beaches, Desert
  • Written February 3, 2008

• FriederikevonRabenau profile photo FriederikevonRabenau

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi: Rattling around in a Palace

We stayed at the Emirates Palace for a week end in July 2007. Reception and check-in upon my arrival in the evening were friendly and efficient and I was grateful that someone took my luggage as I had to perform a hike of about half a mile to get to my room. The hotel is extremely vast with a couple of wings that go off in opposing directions, which is why the gyms and other facilities exist in twin version at the opposing ends of the hotel. After the morning hike from our room to the restaurant we felt that we had already worked off sufficient calories to deserve the pig-out at the fabulous breakfast buffet. While the standard room was cosy enough, we were unable to set the air conditioning to a comfortable level and even though we asked for help from the staff they didn't seem to be able to do anything for us. When we tried to open the window to let some warm air in, the condensation that almost immediately started to form and run down the walls, forced us to close the window and we decided to switch the aircon off for a while until the room got too stuffy. During a walk through the tomb like halls of the hotel we did meet the odd guest or two and almost felt that we had to greet them like long lost fellow members of our species. While we didn't feel quite lonely at this point it was remarkable how empty the whole place was. However, we were told by the staff that during the following week the hotel was fully booked with a conference.
While I can't fault the service or the food that we received I do not feel the desire to stay there again as everything was too big, too vast, too overbearing, too empty. I simply didn't feel comfortable there and prefer simpler more homely accommodation that has not been purpose-built to dazzle.

The Emirates Palace is another one of the Arabian extravaganzas in luxury and questionable taste (see my write-up on Burj Al Arab). Allegedly the most expensive hotel ever built (and I can believe it) with no obvious intention to ever recoup the money spent on its creation, it merely seems to serve the purpose to impress and dazzle. We stayed in the at US$ 385 per room per night surprizingly affordable standard room (see picture), which still sported fabulous furnishings, plasma screen TV, remote controlled air conditioning, sound and TV systems and possibly more that I couldn't figure out. Everything was beautifully appointed and our balcony had views over one of the magnificent out door swimming pools. Rooms with views over the private beach are also available. Gyms with (very sparsely attended) aerobics classes, spas, indoor swimming pools are also available and one of the most important features are electric, chauffeur driven golf carts that take people around the grounds as the distances one has to travel are vast and it tends to be unbearably hot and humid for a significant part of the year. Alternatively, mountain bikes can be borrowed for this purpose but one would have to do the peddling oneself. By the pool we got deck chairs, towels and water bottels brought to us but didn't feel quite as spoiled as at the Burj Al Arab.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written December 23, 2007

outside Emirates Palace

• FriederikevonRabenau profile photo FriederikevonRabenau

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Burj Al Arab, Dubai: Self-proclaimed 7 Star Hotel losing stars?

We stayed at the Burj Al Arab in 2003 and 2005 for a week end each time. What a downer the second stay was. Read about the unique qualities first before you continue to read this:
In 2005 the transport, breakfast, dinner, massage and dressing gown had all been removed from the menu but all the other extras had remained. We couldn't help but observe that our room was starting to look a bit tired with the wall paper scuffed in places. We could also tell which was the preferred furniture by the other guests as certain seats and sofas were starting to look saggy and scuffed. Neither our wall clock nor the TV in the bed room were working. It took the engineer three attempts before the TV got fixed, the wall clock remained dysfunctional throughout our stay. The mattress on our bed was too soft for me and the next morning I asked whether this could be changed for something a bit firmer. The receptionist on our floor promised to see what could be done. When we got back to our room the mattress had been removed and the sheets had been put onto the box. Even though padded, the box provided an extremely hard surface to sleep on and our second night's sleep was even worse than the previous night's. What really got to me was the coffee that we ordered after dinner. When the milk was poured by the waiter it spluttered into the cup in big lumps and the waiter giggled and informed us that this was because the milk had stood around in the kitchen all day, just what we needed to know. Come on Salmonella and get me... Now, would I recommend this to antyone else? I personally wouldn't go there again as the cost benefit margin for me has shifted into the unacceptable. There are lots of other nice hotels around and unless they got their act together again a bit more in the past 2 years I really wouldn't bother. To fulfill ones morbid curiosity about how the other half spend their holiday it is possible to go there for guided tours or to book a table for dinner, which is still expensive, but it won't cost US$ 1000 per night.

World's first self-proclaimed 7 Star Hotel, built on an artificial island to be reached by causeway, with private beach on the mainland, great sea views, some over the palm islands. All rooms are two storey affairs with the large living room, desk with computer and guest toilet downstairs and the bedroom with large dressing area and bathroom with jacuzzi upstairs. Our stay at the hotel entitled us to free use of the water park next door. In 2003 our deal included pick-up and drop off from airport in luxury car (Rolls Royce and 7 series BMW), B&B, one free buffet dinner, free facial or massage, free kimono dressing gown with our names embroidered on front, all sets of soaps were fully sized sets of Hermes soap, bathgel, skin lotion, eau de toilette, deodorant etc, everything to take home at the end of the stay. Also included were our own beach bags and shoe horns. A personal butler (shared by a few apartments on the same floor) and two plasma screen TVs as well as a box of dates, a big (renewable) fruit basket and a complementary bottle of red wine (not renewable) were thrown in as well. Apart from the usual very exclusive spa facilities (separate for men and women but mixed pool in male spa) there was a large library of CDs at our disposal. On the beach and by the hotel pool we were spoilt with ice buckets and bottles of cold water, mist spray to moisten our sun-frazzled skins and every time we went for a swim someone came and straightened the towels on our deck chairs. We paid US$ 1000 per night for two people and thought that all told it was great value. Food was excellent and overall the service was great too. We couldn't have faulted the place and found even the overbearingly gaudy decoration interesting, even though not quite to our own personal taste.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written December 23, 2007

Burj Al Arab

• emmet7 profile photo emmet7
  • Reviews: 84

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Downtown: Deira

unless you need to go to the airport early and cannot risk getting caught in a traffic jam; never stay in Deira, it is just too 'blue collar' as such. Bur Dubai is the place to stay or out near the beach.

The Holiday Inn was decent as it is 'low seasonin Dubai and not vastly over-priced at this time

I liked the pool and the room for the most part but the breakfast sucked.

the pool

• Related to: Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 21, 2007

• petpau profile photo petpau
  • Reviews: 1

Le Royal Meridien Dubai beach & spa: Delightful days in the sun

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times all together.
The hotel has three buildings, the club, the main building & the Royal tower.
I have been in the Royal Tower for all my stays and this is highly recommendable.
The Royal tower offers butler service 24/7, and they even supply you with a complimentary bottle of wine every night.
The rooms all have sea view, and on "clear" days you are able to see the Jumeriah Pallm

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Family Travel
  • Written July 26, 2007

• Hexepatty profile photo Hexepatty
  • Reviews: 526

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Sands Hotel Apartments: Good Cheap Clean Safe!

It can be more geared for long-term stays, but just as convenient for short-term stays. Golden Sands was great. Nice location and easy access to main thorough fares. Internet slow but free in the lobby. Front desk staff a bit surely, but so was I to be fair. (Jetlag and ALL that excitement from Kuwait, I suspect....) Still, I'd stay there again and recommend it to others. It was $75 a night and I booked it with www.booking.com

Had so many features we didn't need for a transient (one night) sleep. Would have been a delight to have needed some of them however: pool, restaurants. And in the room: fridge, washer/dryer and dishwasher. Two twin beds and a pull out couch, too! It rocked!

If you do stay here, BIG warning: There are 10+ Golden Sands Apartment buildings. Each is numbered and you can see them as you drive around them in your Expensive Cab with the meter a ticking....

Unlike US... be sure you know WHICH building you will be placed in. We were in Building Three, even though booking.com itinerary said Mankhool street. Building Three was NOT on Mankhool Street.

Or LIKE US... you'll be, not happy... and eventually ditch the cab and start walking, one by one to each building.

And it's hot, dark, you are tired, cranky and ... not happy.

We finally found it, but I know we paid a good $10 more in cab fare and ended up ditching the cab anyway.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 16, 2007
Tip Photo

• dutchwindmill profile photo dutchwindmill
  • Reviews: 103

El Ain Rotana: Perfect resort

Excellent facilities, spacious rooms, very friendly staff giving you the five-star treatment at (almost) budget prices. (I booked thru internet and paid in November 2006 less than USD 100 for a double room.)

Good breakfast buffet. Excellent Japanese steak at their Trader Vic's restaurant. There are some things to do in El-Ain (and I don't mean shopping because that you can better do in Dubai) and it's on the border of Oman, allowing for an excursion.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 2, 2007

• dr.firas profile photo dr.firas
  • Reviews: 4363

Holiday International of Sharijah

I've changed 3 hotel's during my first time staying in Sharijah, one of them was the Danna hotel, it sucks, the second is a 5 stars hotel called Millennium, great thing, and a wonderful most cozy and wonderful view one was the Holiday international, which I advice every traveler to stop there

4 stars hotel